PDA

View Full Version : How Did Ultima Weapon Get The Sword?

BG-57
06-14-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure what the sword Ultima Weapon is carrying if you compare the pictures below. What I don't get is how Ultima Weapon could get Cloud Strife's Ultima Weapon, if it is indeed his sword (if it isn't they sure look similar).

Any ideas?

Necronopticous
06-14-2005, 05:38 PM
They're most certainly the same weapon design. There is no story of Ultima Weapon obtaining the sword, it's simply an "easter egg" reference to the previous game.

Ultima Shadow
06-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Well, since it's Ultima Weapon's sword, obiviously. You get it after beating him in FF7. The the question is "why didn't he use it himself in FF7?" The sword itself is also called Ultima Weapon.

The story behind Atma Weapon (who's, in a theory I've come up with, actually the same dude as Ultima Weapon) and the Atma Weapon sword is that they were both created in the war of the magi. The monster is a magical beast of mass-destruction and the sword have a blade that's created by the wielders soul, which is why the Atma Weapon sword gets shorter and less powerful when its wielder runs low on HP. Cloud's Ultima Weapon sword also gets weaker and gets a different and darker colour when his HP is running low.

Of course, the "Weapons" have a different stoty in FF7... as long as Atma/Ultima Weapon wasn't a magical beast of mass destruction "created by the planet". But as far as I remember, that's never mentioned in FF6.

Anyways... another thing I've thought about is: Why doesn't Ultima Weapon's HP affect the sword he's wielding in FFVIII?
Well, the case could be that since Ultima Weapon always keep coming back in the next FFs (and you can fight him over and over again in FFX-2), he never actually dies and his soul always remains the same. He's destroyed but never completely killed, making the sword remain at the same power-level all the time. :greenie:

And why doesn't he do 9999 dammage when hitting with the sword, just like Cloud do? Well, because your stupid party have to much in defense, of course! :p Ever tried to hit Ruby Weapon with Cloud's Ultima Weapon and full HP? Well, the dammage will still be patetic since Ruby Weapon's defense is absurd. That's usually the case in FFVIII as well... but it's your party that have a high def instead. Ultima Weapon's attack power at level100 is actually 254... just 1 point less than max. So he IS powerful with the sword.

However... in FFVIII no one hits for 9999 just like that with a normal attack. You do it with limmit breaks. But Ultima Weapons str is still almost maxed, which means that he IS extremely powerful while using the Ultima Weapon sword. Even if he never do 9999 dammage with it, his normal phycical attacks are still more powerful than thos of any other enemy in the game. But normal phsycical attacks have a minor part to play in FFVIII anyways... so... meh. :p

ps: a big Ultima Weapon action figure is watching me as I'm typing this. :cool:

boys from the dwarf
06-14-2005, 07:26 PM
to put that a bit shorter(no disrespect to ultima shadow of course.)ultima weapon who was called atma weapon in FF6 has always been the owner of the sword cloud doesnt own the sword he simply is able to weild it but he did take it from ultima weopon.

DarkItachi
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Well, since it's Ultima Weapon's sword, obiviously. You get it after beating him in FF7. The the question is "why didn't he use it himself in FF7?" The sword itself is also called Ultima Weapon.

The story behind Atma Weapon (who's, in a theory I've come up with, actually the same dude as Ultima Weapon) and the Atma Weapon sword is that they were both created in the war of the magi. The monster is a magical beast of mass-destruction and the sword have a blade that's created by the wielders soul, which is why the Atma Weapon sword gets shorter and less powerful when its wielder runs low on HP. Cloud's Ultima Weapon sword also gets weaker and gets a different and darker colour when his HP is running low.

Of course, the "Weapons" have a different stoty in FF7... as long as Atma/Ultima Weapon wasn't a magical beast of mass destruction "created by the planet". But as far as I remember, that's never mentioned in FF6.

Anyways... another thing I've thought about is: Why doesn't Ultima Weapon's HP affect the sword he's wielding in FFVIII?
Well, the case could be that since Ultima Weapon always keep coming back in the next FFs (and you can fight him over and over again in FFX-2), he never actually dies and his soul always remains the same. He's destroyed but never completely killed, making the sword remain at the same power-level all the time. :greenie:

And why doesn't he do 9999 dammage when hitting with the sword, just like Cloud do? Well, because your stupid party have to much in defense, of course! :p Ever tried to hit Ruby Weapon with Cloud's Ultima Weapon and full HP? Well, the dammage will still be patetic since Ruby Weapon's defense is absurd. That's usually the case in FFVIII as well... but it's your party that have a high def instead. Ultima Weapon's attack power at level100 is actually 254... just 1 point less than max. So he IS powerful with the sword.

However... in FFVIII no one hits for 9999 just like that with a normal attack. You do it with limmit breaks. But Ultima Weapons str is still almost maxed, which means that he IS extremely powerful while using the Ultima Weapon sword. Even if he never do 9999 dammage with it, his normal phycical attacks are still more powerful than thos of any other enemy in the game. But normal phsycical attacks have a minor part to play in FFVIII anyways... so... meh. :p

ps: a big Ultima Weapon action figure is watching me as I'm typing this. :cool:
From which game and how much was the ultima weapon?

Ultima Shadow
06-14-2005, 07:44 PM
From which game and how much was the ultima weapon?
He appears in FFVI (as Atma Weapon), FFVII, FFVIII, FFX and FFX-2. I think he also appears in FFI&FFII Dawn of Souls. The sword appears in FFIX as well.

Legendary Caladbolg
06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Or maybe Ultima Weapon from VIII went to VII and stole it from Cloud.

The Anarchy Angel
06-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Ultima: Hey, you know, I'm so popular they made me appear in nearly all Final Fantasy's!
Cloud: Oh yeah! Well i got spikey hair!
Ultima: That's so mean, I've only got ferocious teeth, a lot of HP, incredible strength, undeniable agility and the ability to crush people with spikey hair! *big growl*
Cloud: Ahhh! *runs off, leaving sword*
Ultima: Yoink! Hahahaha, all mine!

Alexander
06-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Or maybe Ultima Weapon from VIII went to VII and stole it from Cloud.

Actually, Aeris stole Cloud's sword. Then she flied to FFVIII and gave it to Ultima Weapon. From there she flied to FFIX to say "I am your father" to Dagger in the Meltigemini fight. XDDDDDD

Ultima Shadow
06-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Ultima: Hey, you know, I'm so popular they made me appear in nearly all Final Fantasy's!
Cloud: Oh yeah! Well i got spikey hair!
Ultima: That's so mean, I've only got ferocious teeth, a lot of HP, incredible strength, undeniable agility and the ability to crush people with spikey hair! *big growl*
Cloud: Ahhh! *runs off, leaving sword*
Ultima: Yoink! Hahahaha, all mine!
*giggles* :D

*hugs Ultima Weapon* :love:

MushroomZOMBIE
06-15-2005, 10:00 PM
ULTIMA WEAPON VS. CLOUD STRIFE,ROUND 2!!!!! W00T!
Cloud-What the fuck?
Ultima Weapon-What?You again? RAAGHGHGGHGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
*Battle Ensues*
*Cloud hits for 4557 damage*
*Ultima Weapon hits for 9999 damage.Cloud dies.Victory Fanfare plays.*
Ultima Weapon-NOW I HAVE TWO!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

ff-fanatix
06-16-2005, 01:09 AM
ultima weapon from ffx shows up

ff8 ultima weapon : you are not worthy of my presence or your name..
*uses phoenix down on cloud and hands him the nail bat....
cloud: :mad:
*omnislashes both ultima weapons, takes ultima weapon and walks off with a cool strut :D

ChaosCalibur
06-16-2005, 02:41 AM
When did this become an RP thread? Anyways, Ultima Shadow I liked your explanation and i want to learn more about Ultimas origin, perhaps you could write a full story about it...

Delta
06-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure what the sword Ultima Weapon is carrying if you compare the pictures below. What I don't get is how Ultima Weapon could get Cloud Strife's Ultima Weapon, if it is indeed his sword (if it isn't they sure look similar).

Any ideas?

*OT*When does Ultima weapon hold the sword?.

Ultima Shadow
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
When did this become an RP thread? Anyways, Ultima Shadow I liked your explanation and i want to learn more about Ultimas origin, perhaps you could write a full story about it...
Thanks. Oh, and did you ever read my incredibly long Ultima Weapon post that I posted long ago? There's a lot of info about Ultima Weapon in it. If you want, I can copy-paste and repost all that... again.

Anyways... in FFVIII, Ultima Weapon's orgin is never explained. But you could assume that, like in FFVII, he's a Weapon created by the planet. He was probably put asleep within the earth. Now there's 2 possibilities:

1) When the DSRF was built, the humans digged to deep when searching for Draw Points (or whatever it all was about) and accidently awakened Ultima Weapon. Ultima Weapon killed everyone and the facility was abbadoned etc.

2) The treat of the soccerers awakened Ultima Weapon and he started to attack stuff. Some people somehow managed to capture him and imprison him in the DSRF.

I belive the first possibility would make more sense than the second one, though. :greenie:

Whenever you fight him in FFVIII.

Khimbar2775
06-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Didnt Bahamut kill all the researchers? just couldnt remember...........

Ultima Shadow
06-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Nothing about that is ever mentioned in the game. But I guess it's more likely to be Ultima Weapon than Bahamut who caused the whole big mess in DSRF.

The Anarchy Angel
06-16-2005, 08:44 PM
We all know that the Anacondaur did it

Abraxas
06-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Nothing about that is ever mentioned in the game. But I guess it's more likely to be Ultima Weapon than Bahamut who caused the whole big mess in DSRF.

Well... I prefer the theory that Bahamut did it. I think the real power the scientist was after was precisely Ultima Weapon, that was "contained", as Adel in space, at the bottom of the sea long time ago. But then Bahamut interrupted the research and killed everyone, using the island as his home.
Thats why he is able to talk to you as you approach the column, instead of Ultima Weapon that suddenly appears as a result of releasing him from his "prison".

How is I perceived it as I was playing...

Ultima Shadow
06-17-2005, 04:46 PM
1) How could Ultima Weapon have been contained?

2) If Ultima Weapon was contained, then how did he just get out like that?

I actually think that it was Bahamut who was captured and that the researchers used his powers in their experiments. That would explain why Bahamut says that he fear humans in the begining of the battle. they probably used Bahamuts powers in order to gather magic and all the stuff they were after. Also, Ultima Weapon could have simply caused the mess and then went back to the bottom of DSRF to sleep again.

Abraxas
06-17-2005, 06:35 PM
1) How could Ultima Weapon have been contained?

2) If Ultima Weapon was contained, then how did he just get out like that?

Well... I suppose the same way Doomtrain is cointained in a ring... or Adel in that "isolating material"... there should be a way.
As Ultima Weapon is tought the most terrible monster in the world (Omega Weapon is not known, I suppose, Omega Weapon doesn't have a card) it should be contained...
After achieving it (surely with great efforts), they buried UW in the most deep and remote part of the world...

And he got out by Squall and his group curiosity, solving that puzzle that was in fact the releasing process... ;)

rubah
06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I think it's more of a matter of Ultima Weapon having his den down there, and people invaded it and he got fed up.

Bahamut just flew along later when it was closed down, and since he couldn't fit down there, ultima waepon never bothered to run him off.

Ultima Shadow
06-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Well... I suppose the same way Doomtrain is cointained in a ring... or Adel in that "isolating material"... there should be a way.
As Ultima Weapon is tought the most terrible monster in the world (Omega Weapon is not known, I suppose, Omega Weapon doesn't have a card) it should be contained...
After achieving it (surely with great efforts), they buried UW in the most deep and remote part of the world...

And he got out by Squall and his group curiosity, solving that puzzle that was in fact the releasing process... ;)That could be true... but I still belive this is more likely to be the case:

I actually think that it was Bahamut who was captured and that the researchers used his powers in their experiments. That would explain why Bahamut says that he fear humans in the begining of the battle. they probably used Bahamuts powers in order to gather magic and all the stuff they were after. Also, Ultima Weapon could have simply caused the mess and then went back to the bottom of DSRF to sleep again.
Oh, and Rhuba... of course, that COULD be a possibility too. Since almost no info is given, I guess it's up to the players imaginations.

Anyways... when I get the time, I'll try to find some more info about DSRF, if possible. I can't remember exactly what was said about it in the game... but I guess that whatever was said would help coming up with a good and correct theory. :greenie:

Yuffie514
06-18-2005, 12:24 AM
perhaps he's an immortal and he's not really dead when you kill him in VII. maybe he killed Cloud and got his sword back :tongue: :mad: !

could be likely...

VIII looks like what VII becomes in the future and my bro even says that's exactly what it'll become. Emerald and Ruby aren't in Final Fantasy VIII.

Squall of SeeD
06-18-2005, 03:42 AM
VIII looks like what VII becomes in the future and my bro even says that's exactly what it'll become. Emerald and Ruby aren't in Final Fantasy VIII.

How? There's nothing in-game to suggest it beyond the Ultima Weapon sword, and Final Fantasy IX also uses a similar blade for Zidane's Ultima Weapon. In any event, VII's Ultimate WEAPON was composed of metal. Ultima Weapon in VIII obviously isn't, nor are there any other actual connections chronologically.

BG-57
06-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Maybe it's a simple case that the Ultima Weapon sword is part of the Ultima Weapon monster, except that the FFVII carries it as treasure and the FFVIII actually wields it in combat.

LionHeart_83
06-20-2005, 06:50 PM
He killed cloud and kept it for himself

Delta
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks. Oh, and did you ever read my incredibly long Ultima Weapon post that I posted long ago? There's a lot of info about Ultima Weapon in it. If you want, I can copy-paste and repost all that... again.

Anyways... in FFVIII, Ultima Weapon's orgin is never explained. But you could assume that, like in FFVII, he's a Weapon created by the planet. He was probably put asleep within the earth. Now there's 2 possibilities:

1) When the DSRF was built, the humans digged to deep when searching for Draw Points (or whatever it all was about) and accidently awakened Ultima Weapon. Ultima Weapon killed everyone and the facility was abbadoned etc.

2) The treat of the soccerers awakened Ultima Weapon and he started to attack stuff. Some people somehow managed to capture him and imprison him in the DSRF.

I belive the first possibility would make more sense than the second one, though. :greenie:

Whenever you fight him in FFVIII.

Oh yeah, thought that was in VII..thanks.

BabyVixen
06-22-2005, 10:42 PM
My theory is that Ultima Weapon found Cloud's ultimate weapon lying outside the Crater in the the 7th World and it took the sword then flew to the 8th World, while Meteor was destroying Midgar, to be safe. Then when it arrived on the 8th World, a bunch of people tried to kill it but they only managed to knock it out and they contained it in the facility...but drugged it to keep it from escaping and going ape/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Lol or something like that

MushroomZOMBIE
06-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Nice theory.......or maybe Ultimate WEAPON gave another copy of the same sword to Ultima Weapon in the 8th world! :exdee:

Craig
06-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Or, maybe it's just a reference.

disapointedchild
06-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Maybe all the ultima weapons have the same mother and the mother hands them each an ultima weapon before they go wreak havok on there respective world. ff 7 ultima weapon droped his and cloud picked it up. The other ultimas learned from there brothers mistake and always take it with them when they die.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 06:55 AM
I dont belive the weapons are cunnected inbetween games but that they are a reocuring standerd much like Cid. I feel the Sword works the same way. ^^ Much like Excalibur.