PDA

View Full Version : What you want (and don't want!) in the game

KoShiatar
06-14-2005, 09:27 PM
..Well?
I'm curious about people's expectations.

Shoeberto
06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
A crazy action shooter that makes you feel cool while you play it. Lots of fast-paced action and crazy combos that produce giant results.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-15-2005, 06:40 AM
A secret mode where you can play as Sephiroth with a laser-sword that shoots lasers and then you find out that Vincent and Sephiroth are brothers and they have to fight Mecha Hojo and then Sephiroth finally gets his second wing and has sex with Cloud while the credits roll.

Dante WolfWood
06-15-2005, 04:51 PM
not cool....

but I would just like a good third person shooter (hope its like Devil may cry) and a conclusion to Vincent.

I REALLY wanna know what Hojo did to him...I mean altered only,Jenova,dump him in toxic waste....WHAT?

Masamuneˇ1600
06-15-2005, 05:14 PM
but I would just like a good third person shooter (hope its like Devil may cry) and a conclusion to Vincent.

I REALLY wanna know what Hojo did to him...I mean altered only,Jenova,dump him in toxic waste....WHAT?

Dirge of Cerberus has already been announced as a "Gun Action RPG," although I can't be totally sure how that will manifest itself. Refer to this thread (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63664) for further information.

I can only assume that the specifics of Hojo's experimentation will be revealed or explored at some point, since the game is meant to, among other things, give the player a deeper understanding of Vincent.

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing additional modes, secret characters, bonus games, special weapons, and the like. Most importantly, though, I hope (and expect) that it will have a powerful, complex story.

Suiko
06-15-2005, 11:19 PM
I would just like a good third person shooter (hope its like Devil may cry)?

Ditto. Although i'm not really looking forward to the RPG element, i was looking forward to a nice 3ps =(

I'm also looking forward to finding out more about my favourite Final Fantasy character, Vincent. A nice story would be cool, i don't want this game to be another cheapo sequel that was made purely in the interest of profit *mumbleffx-2mumble*

Mercen-X
06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Transformations obviously.

We've got to somehow learn more about Vin's past. Like why he never ages which was never clearly addressed in FF7 and I doubt that'll be a focus in AVC.

Pretty much, as long as it doesn't turn into Gungrave, I'll be happy.

Dante WolfWood
06-23-2005, 01:54 AM
oh yes, cant forget about transformations...they are a must and a conclusion to why he transforms....if they dont explain....I WILL be VERY DISSAPOINTED SQUARE!!!!!

Vaprice
07-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I want something that won't bore me to death 1 hour later and can keep playing it a lot ^^. I want something that will keep me on the edge of my seat....

Devil May Cry style would be fantastic! As well as I hope it doesn't have bad voice acting? if it does have voices in it lol

XxSephirothxX
07-06-2005, 05:27 AM
A secret mode where you can play as Sephiroth with a laser-sword that shoots lasers and then you find out that Vincent and Sephiroth are brothers and they have to fight Mecha Hojo and then Sephiroth finally gets his second wing and has sex with Cloud while the credits roll.
And people say there's no creativity left in the industry. "This is gold, Jerry. GOLD!"

DK
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I want Barret in a sailor suit as the main character.

crashNUMBERS
07-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Lol. :lol: I'd probably want cloud not to be a little whinny kid as he usually is in FF7. I wouldn't want Aeris to be revived as it will kinda ruin the story...

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I want a fun unique game that lives up to the name of FF7.

KoShiatar
07-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Personally I want to know if Vincent finds a more positive way of living (as it seemed at the end of FF VII) or of they will still make him play the depressed guy (which is what I think they'll do anyway...I'm expecting some revelations, but no big changes at the end of it all).

DarknessFromAbove
07-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Lol. :lol: I'd probably want cloud not to be a little whinny kid as he usually is in FF7. I wouldn't want Aeris to be revived as it will kinda ruin the story... :confused: When was Cloud ever portrayed as a whinny little kid? And what does Aerith/Aeris have to do with Vincent? I mean really?
I don't know what the game'll be like, and I don't want to know untill it's in my PS2, and I'm playing it. I just hope it's good :D

crashNUMBERS
07-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Oh crap!! Im thinking of Advent children!!

Kakashi509
07-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I hope they tell how Vincent got a goldent hand,and why he sleeps in a coffin and has shapeshifting

crashNUMBERS
07-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Thats a good one kakashi. I always wondered that. I mean really. How does he relate to chaos anyways??

Edit: WTH kishi??

Christmas
07-10-2005, 04:24 AM
What I want:

Vincent is able to turn into Chaos and kick ass.

What I dun want:

Vincent is unable to turn into Chaos and get his ass kicked.

Kakashi509
07-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Thats a good one kakashi. I always wondered that. I mean really. How does he relate to chaos anyways??

Edit: WTH kishi??
younger brother perhaps, I mean can't you see the resamblance to each other

abrojtm
07-11-2005, 06:59 AM
I want materia to somehow be utilized in the gameplay.

I want to have more transformations than FFVII, and to have control over these transformations.

Lucretia joints tteh prty!!!!

Croyles
07-12-2005, 01:45 AM
What I really want is:

Blatent nudity for sale purposes.
Unsophisticated gameplay that gets repetitive.
A story full of cliches failing to send subtle messages rather than a story full of cliches that sends messages very well.
A soundtrack full of pop songs, yet again for sale purposes.
Complete and utter destruction of Vincents great character...

Yeah I definitely want all those things... :rolleyes2

Kakashi509
07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
I want to see Vincent remembering Aeris die, then to start smiling and laughing and turns into Sephiroth

bipper
07-12-2005, 05:15 PM
I dont want the game to be called Paracite Vincent! or be in any way like PAracite Eve!

It does kinda explain his morphing... -

i dunno about his gold hand -- unless that wasnt Dyne that barret tried saving, but a morphed form of vincent! (DUN DUN DUN)

Bipper GOES

Kakashi509
07-13-2005, 12:56 AM
I do!I do! *writes not to square enix* see they think this idea is so golden it's a GOD SEND!

true_bacon22
07-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Alright it would be kik ass if its like this the story is mainly based around vincent but you can use other charecters to and it will be like devil may cry in which if youre cloud u pres x to swing your sword and do combos and stuff and if youre tifa you punch etc etc and youd get magic by setting it to like triangle so u press triangle for magic and go tot he start menu to change the magic and you could add the add ons and stuff to and you could switch charecters at a save point or something

Croyles
07-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Alright it would be kik ass if its like this the story is mainly based around vincent but you can use other charecters to and it will be like devil may cry in which if youre cloud u pres x to swing your sword and do combos and stuff and if youre tifa you punch etc etc and youd get magic by setting it to like triangle so u press triangle for magic and go tot he start menu to change the magic and you could add the add ons and stuff to and you could switch charecters at a save point or something

Huff....puff...Are you trying to kill me???????????!!!!

Someones bound to say this so i thought ill say it: lets just wait and see! :D

Mercen-X
07-18-2005, 10:25 AM
true_bacon's suggestion sounds like KH . . . that was probably intentional.