PDA

View Full Version : So you're new to EoFF. Want to stay?

Agent Proto
06-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Your only way to be a permanent fixture at these forums, or get noticed as quickly as possible, besides posting a thread stating you're new is to get involved with EoFF.

How you want to get involved is up to you newbies. One of the best way to become a "household" name in these forums is to register when the EoFF Elections are taking place. That is usually in February of every year, you will get noticed if you join a party and participate in the Elections.

Another way is to post lots, and by posting, I don't mean spamming. There are several threads where you can get away with spam, but when all you post is spam, you will likely get caught and be warned by the staff, and when that happens to you, your chances of staying is decreased.

Everything involves getting involved in EoFF, participate in the Eyes on YOU feature that TheAbomination is doing, enter some of the contests that may run in the future, join the chatroom at #eoff on irc.ffchat.net on mIRC. Answer the Usernotes you may get from the friendly members of EoFF, and befriend them. It all starts with becoming involved, the quicker you get involved, the more likely you will stick around and become a noted member of EoFF. Chances are, if you stick around long enough and make worthwhile posts, you may even get the opportunity to get asked by the staff to become a Cid's Knight. It happened before where newer members were knighted early since registering, and it can happen again. It all depends on how involved you become after you register to these forums.

You may choose to start a newbie thread, which will give you some attention for you to decide whether to get involved, or you may simply get straight into the action and start posting as if you were already a member. It's all up to how you want to get involved in EoFF, because that is your only way if you want to stay for a long time and become recognized by everyone else.

(And yes, there is a topic to this thread, and that is, do you believe what I have said? Is getting involved really the way to become a "permanent" member of EoFF?")

Shoeberto
06-15-2005, 05:38 AM
It's no EoFF Introduction mp3, but hey, that's pretty much it.

-N-
06-15-2005, 05:41 AM
Proto's recruiting newbies for his Hall of Fame Committee again. :rolleyes2

For most, involved simply means posting frequently. That's good enough.

XxSephirothxX
06-15-2005, 05:42 AM
EoFF needs a themesong. But yeah, Proto, that's the basic concept. Posting 1000 times in your first month here may help you befriend a few people who joined the same time you did, but it's not going to establish you with the rest of the members. Showing you're intelligent is key, as is being likeable, or at least very strong in your opinions. Although aiming for Cid's Knight from day one seems a bit overzealous. :p

Shlup
06-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Meh. Not worth the effort.

Pretty good advice though, Prot.

-N-
06-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Considering all* the current Cid's Knights registered AFTER me, I'd say it's reasonable.

*edit: D'oh, forgot Hsu and eest are Knights.

rubah
06-15-2005, 05:44 AM
The best way to get involved is by lurking.

Del Murder
06-15-2005, 05:51 AM
I think the important thing is just to be yourself. If the events interest you, then get involved in them. The length of time you are a member depends on your enjoyment of this place (while playing be the rules of course), so just do your own thing. Wait, who am I talking to?

Shlup
06-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Yeah, what Del said. Don't force yourself to be fun if your naturally are a lame person. It's better to be disliked for being lame than to be disliked for being a big fat fake.

-N-
06-15-2005, 06:00 AM
Yeah, what Del said. Don't force yourself to be fun if your naturally are a lame person. It's better to be disliked for being lame than to be disliked for being a big fat fake.;_; *leaves*

Del Murder
06-15-2005, 06:08 AM
It must be summer.

Agent Proto
06-15-2005, 06:10 AM
What do you know, it IS summer.

Anyway, I am by no mean discouraging newbies from making newbie threads. In fact, I encourage them to. From there, they will go on their own.

edczxcvbnm
06-15-2005, 06:18 AM
You could also be active in a bad way also. Walk that line mother fucker! Make a big enough deal out of pointless /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif in every thread and you will be well known...but not for great reasons. Worked for me. Too bad I have too much of a life now to really care enough any more so I stick to the forums I genuinly like. Although that hasn't stopped me from making an awesome post here and there.

Examples
Likening aborted babies as a delious snake
Walking that line and coming damn near close to saying racial slurs in a racist way and stopping just short of it and going in a new direction. Thats my favorite one.

And it isn't summer you fucktards! Summer offically starts June...2...1st? IF NOT THEN...WELl..its close damn it :shifty eyes:

DMKA
06-15-2005, 06:32 AM
lol effort

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-15-2005, 06:35 AM
You could also be active in a bad way also. Walk that line mother smurfer! Make a big enough deal out of pointless in every thread and you will be well known...but not for great reasons. Worked for me. Too bad I have too much of a life now to really care enough any more so I stick to the forums I genuinly like. Although that hasn't stopped me from making an awesome post here and there.

Examples
Likening aborted babies as a delious snake
Walking that line and coming damn near close to saying racial slurs in a racist way and stopping just short of it and going in a new direction. Thats my favorite one.

Yes, please do. I need to test out the ban button.

Casey
06-15-2005, 06:38 AM
Meh. Not worth the effort.

-N-
06-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Yes, please do. I need to test out the ban button.As far as I can tell, ed's been successful enough at it, and you already know the ban button works. Stiffass. :p

Yamaneko
06-15-2005, 07:13 AM
I did none of these things and look at me. Not even enough votes to beat out eestlinc for worst knight. Cram it Proto!

Miriel
06-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Obscurity isn't so bad. :cool:

Yamaneko
06-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Who are you?

Old Manus
06-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Looks like I failed most of it.

Oh yeah:

If you want to get noticed, the FF forums are not the place you want to be.

Shlup
06-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Yes, please do. I need to test out the ban button.
Unne has dibbs on ed. Didn't you read the manual?

Yamaneko
06-15-2005, 07:44 AM
<i>Go to high school with Cid.</i>

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Oh, I'm not touching Ed. However, if other newbies want to follow in his footsteps, I'll be more than happy to... remove them :tonberry:

smittenkitten
06-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Well let's just say IM NOT LEAVING!!!..hehe unless you want me to but hey i love eoff i don't think i could leave never unless my computer blew up or something hehe but that would'nt stop me :p the only way is for you to ban me and i try my best to keep the rules....*cough*..no i do and i want to partisapate more and i will :D ..xXx....

The Captain
06-15-2005, 08:14 AM
A very interesting thread Proto. I think I agree mostly with Del and Shlup. Be yourself and be active in what interests you and things have a way of falling into place.

Take care all.

DMKA
06-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Oh, I'm not touching Ed. However, if other newbies want to follow in his footsteps, I'll be more than happy to... remove them :tonberry:
lol discrimination

Jojee
06-15-2005, 08:21 AM
It's better to be disliked for being lame than to be disliked for being a big fat fake. Agreed.

PS, your new av/sig theme = love ;)

Also, why did you change your name, Neel? ._. *dies*

Anyway, posting a lot works. I'd say that I know and am friends with quite a few "established" members, and I don't know if I've ever shown my intelligence... :p (Well, if I don't have any to show.... xD) A lot of people also use PMs to get to know people better. ^_^

:tonberry: < *amused* xD

Miriel
06-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Who are you?
Oh you know...just some nut.

Loony BoB
06-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Just get to know people. That's all you really need to do. The easiest way in my opinion is to post consistently and join the chatroom. The chatroom is active enough these days to allow you to get to know people rather quickly.

Resha
06-15-2005, 10:24 AM
The best way to get involved is by lurking.

Wubah is right. <3 :love: Lurkers are famed for their lurking abilities and downright sneakiness. :)

Cruise Control
06-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Or you could give evry newbie a :tonberry: like anarchy angel, and obtain a certain level of permanance

Cruise Control
06-15-2005, 10:43 AM
This should be one of those threads that stays at the top!

Rye
06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I just posted a lot until I met Psy and the other BAoTW people, then I got noticed more. :)

Loony BoB
06-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah, but with a name like RikkuYuna89, you couldn't really not be noticed, Rye.

Devourment
06-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I think posting a lot & getting to know some of the people is the best way to get noticed. Probably as well as making great posts & having good humour.

Rye
06-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Yeah, but with a name like RikkuYuna89, you couldn't really not be noticed, Rye.

That name was pretty crappy. Except for the 89 part, I like that number a lot.

I think the only plus of that name was that everyone knew I was a girl. When I first changed my name to Rye, a few people though I was a guy!

Loony BoB
06-15-2005, 11:56 AM
I had no idea people stereotyped bread as a male thing... anyway, uhm, yeah, one thing people should do is try to get a name that's easy to say. Try to make it catchy and not boring. Something like 'Fwab', but that name is already taken.

Captain Maxx Power
06-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Be reasonable, be sociable, and above all be funkable...whatever that means.

Rye
06-15-2005, 11:59 AM
I had no idea people stereotyped bread as a male thing... anyway, uhm, yeah, one thing people should do is try to get a name that's easy to say. Try to make it catchy and not boring. Something like 'Fwab', but that name is already taken.

Yeah, it's sad. ;_____;

And yes, that's true. Kinda like my friend, Mr. I'm My Own MILF. xD

boris no no
06-15-2005, 12:01 PM
thats what i did!
i joined a month before all the elections, wasn't noticed, then made the fluffy pink party :) :love: :love: got jojos attention and then psys and then HISTORY WAS MADE!! xD
i came a very close second as best regular so now i will never leave!!
fluffy pink party forever!!!

ps i hate psy :love: :p :love: :p :love: :p :love:

i love you really

Loony BoB
06-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Having said that, people who change their names bug me a lot, too. If any newbie was just starting to get known by everyone and then they went and changed their name, they'd be shooting themselves in the social foot. Try to stick to one name. It's easier for everyone, really. I don't like name changes all that much.

Devourment
06-15-2005, 12:03 PM
:greenie:

I'm sticking with this current name. Even if some people think I wanted it because of the show called TisWas. Well, they might think that..

SNOOZER
06-15-2005, 12:07 PM
I like my name. It's threatening, it's in your face, it's edgy, it demands respect!

boris no no
06-15-2005, 12:08 PM
i like my name....it makes no sense!

DMKA
06-15-2005, 12:17 PM
I like my name. It's threatening, it's in your face, it's edgy, it demands respect!
For some reason it makes me think of that theiving fox, Swiper, from Dora the Explorer.

Cruise Control
06-15-2005, 12:18 PM
:confused: WTF :confused:

Devourment
06-15-2005, 12:23 PM
i like my name....it makes no sense!I think your name is wicked! :cool:

-N-
06-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Having said that, people who change their names bug me a lot, too. If any newbie was just starting to get known by everyone and then they went and changed their name, they'd be shooting themselves in the social foot. Try to stick to one name. It's easier for everyone, really. I don't like name changes all that much.
What if you can't help it?

Agent Proto
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, sometimes, name changes are necessary to make more of a name for yourself.

If you have a typical Final Fantasy related newbie name that's similar to all the other Final Fantasy related newbie names used by your common newbies, a change of name will do you some justice. I could provide some examples that have been done, but that would be discriminating, and you get the idea of what I'm saying. Names like Master Cloud 006 or XxSEPHIROTHxX don't stand out, as changing into a different and unique name will.

Peegee
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Wanna be noticed? Don't be pg.

Loony BoB
06-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, sometimes, name changes are necessary to make more of a name for yourself.

If you have a typical Final Fantasy related newbie name that's similar to all the other Final Fantasy related newbie names used by your common newbies, a change of name will do you some justice. I could provide some examples that have been done, but that would be discriminating, and you get the idea of what I'm saying. Names like Master Cloud 006 or XxSEPHIROTHxX don't stand out, as changing into a different and unique name will.
As I said, don't do it if you're just becoming known in the first place. Prime example of Dixie changing name, and I'm pretty sure half of those who knew Dixie had no clue of that change for months and just assumed she'd wandered off into obscurity - I know I did.

One name change is okay, I suppose, but I'm more talking about people who get known, change their name and then wonder why nobody knows who they are anymore. And often they do it consistently, too.

Old Manus
06-15-2005, 03:55 PM
What if you changed your name to something that lots of people call you by, or a name with which they will know who you are?

Loony BoB
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh, you guys can figure it out for yourself, you ding dongs.

-N-
06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
I was more referring to unwanted name changes than anything else, you ding dongs.

Old Manus
06-15-2005, 04:36 PM
*answers door*

Polnareff
06-15-2005, 04:41 PM
(lol h8 u gaiz srsly)

Uhh....yes, I would like to stay here, so long as everyone gives me a Kupo Nut.

Oh, wait, I'm not a Moogle. Well then what the hell do creatures like me eat =/

44 caliber
06-15-2005, 06:06 PM
I want to stay. Friend me. Now. :love:

The Anarchy Angel
06-15-2005, 06:12 PM
*befriends 44 caliber* happier now?

Xander
06-15-2005, 06:14 PM
I believe it really doesn't matter. It's just a forum, do what you want here. Post about what interests you, have discussions, make friends if you want to, whatever. Don't do things just to get popular, if you're not being yourself what's the point? When I don't feel like posting I don't post.

Also people's names don't even matter that much, because some people stand out anyway. Look at Sephiroth1999AD, he has a FF character and numbers in his name, so what? Rye used to be RikkuYuna89, yet both of them were and still are respected members.

Just post sensibly, be friendly, and you'll go far.

Ultima Shadow
06-15-2005, 06:15 PM
ALWAYS read the first post in a thread before you post in it, or else you'll sound stupid.

And by the way... what's this thread about?

44 caliber
06-15-2005, 06:16 PM
*befriends 44 caliber* happier now?
A little. :<3:

The Anarchy Angel
06-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Oh, so I'm not good enough?!

:D

44 caliber
06-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Where is the love, homie?

The Anarchy Angel
06-15-2005, 06:24 PM
The love is...umm...ugh.....err....look over there! A pink horse *points* *runs*

Devourment
06-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Where is the love, homie?All is Full of Love. :love:

44 caliber
06-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Where is the love, homie?All is Full of Love. :love:
Don't phunk with my heart! :eek:

Psychotic
06-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Be a sycophant. Suck up to everyone in sight. Especially me. I'm the best, aren't I? AREN'T I?

rubah
06-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Pssy, you suck ^_^

Psychotic
06-15-2005, 07:04 PM
FINE! See if you win Most Likely to Get Banned now, Rugby!

44 caliber
06-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Be a sycophant. Suck up to everyone in sight. Especially me. I'm the best, aren't I? AREN'T I?
I love you.

Jojee
06-15-2005, 07:06 PM
If you have a typical Final Fantasy related newbie name that's similar to all the other Final Fantasy related newbie names used by your common newbies, a change of name will do you some justice. I could provide some examples that have been done, but that would be discriminating, and you get the idea of what I'm saying. Names like Master Cloud 006 or XxSEPHIROTHxX don't stand out, as changing into a different and unique name will. No, but XXXSephirothXXX stands out very nicely! ;)

Names don't matter... that MUCH. But they do matter.

Psychotic
06-15-2005, 07:08 PM
I love you.Congratulations! You are now EoFF's most popular member! Good work!

44 caliber enjoys a great life of sun, sea, sand and sewing machines! This could be you! All you need to do is express your love for Psychotic™ in every single post you make, and you too can be living the high life!

Why delay? You're a zero, but soon you can be a hero! Sycophantry™ - It's the only way to live.

Resha
06-15-2005, 07:10 PM
:( Kill me now.

44 caliber
06-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I love you.Congratulations! You are now EoFF's most popular member! Good work!

44 caliber enjoys a great life of sun, sea, sand and sewing machines! This could be you! All you need to do is express your love for Psychotic™ in every single post you make, and you too can be living the high life!

Why delay? You're a zero, but soon you can be a hero! Sycophantry™ - It's the only way to live.
Now where's that spaceship you promised me? :mad2:

theundeadhero
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
One thing that I'm recently learning/working on is to not be over happy and just post random nonsense. Instead of plunging forward in a rush of endorphins stay calm and take it easy. It will show in your posts.

I confess my love daily and just look at my name.

vegasoad
06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
spaceship?

Caspian
06-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm the best newbie here and you all voted for someone else.

How can I get ahead in a place full of dumb people who can't even write my name next to Best Newbie? Honestly.

disapointedchild
06-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Man, if only this thread had come out a lot sooner, i wouldnt be in the unnoticed predicament I am in now.

Oh well. :(

Better luck to everyone else in your chance to get noticed.

Del Murder
06-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Be a sycophant.
At first I thought that said copycat, which would also be correct.

Raistlin
06-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Yeah, look at Del. :p

Psychotic
06-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Oh, and there was me thinking it was a reference to Del Mordor (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=11280), who is apparently IP Banned and two admins and Proto (I figured that as he's a modwhore he might know!) don't know why so I gave up asking.

Yamaneko
06-16-2005, 03:44 AM
I rather be a hierophant.

Agent Proto
06-16-2005, 03:46 AM
How about an elephant?

Though, seriously, you don't have to follow my advice to get yourself known. It does help if you become active and join in the fun.

Del Murder
06-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Oh, and there was me thinking it was a reference to Del Mordor (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=11280), who is apparently IP Banned and two admins and Proto (I figured that as he's a modwhore he might know!) don't know why so I gave up asking.
Actually it was a general reference had nothing to do with that person. I like these types of things because they mean I am still something worth mimicing. Is he really IP banned? His sig is awesome. :cool:

-N-
06-16-2005, 06:36 AM
That's Doomsday and as far as I know he's not any sort of banned.

Loony BoB
06-16-2005, 09:45 AM
If Doomsday is banned, people can contact an admin or something instead of posting off topic in this thread - please stay on topic, guys!

The Man
06-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I did none of these things and look at me. Not even enough votes to beat out eestlinc for worst knight. Cram it Proto!you'll never be worst Knight in my <3

Anyway, I posted 3,000 times in my first three months. I got noticed pretty quickly. :monster: Whether it was a good "noticed" or not is up for debate though :smash:

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 07:20 PM
I won't get noticed anywhere.......period..........(not even here........)I'm not even that funny........If I start a joke anywhere,no one will notice,& another person (more fuckin' popular,mind you!)takes it,& he/she gets credit."IT WAS MY FUCKIN' JOKE,FUCKTARD!!!!" is what I say,but........people won't listen to me.Also,if I am making a point,no one listens,once again,because people are fuckin' retarded,& always listen to the other person.........yes,who is more popular.They are usually wrong,or they said something not too smart,& when I do say something that is worthwhile,people just nod their heds,& continue with the popular fucktard.I fucking,fucking,fucking hate it! Just because they are popular,they get more credit? The sad thing is,I'm right;people know it,but they do it on purpose.Another reason for me being anti-social.

Old Manus
06-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah.........................I agree..............

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Agree with what?

Old Manus
06-16-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't know. I didn't actually read your post.

Zeldy
06-16-2005, 07:49 PM
I don't know. I didn't actually read your post.
Rofl!
Just be a pain in the bum and you'll get noticed. But dont go too far in being a pain, know your limits ;)

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Oh,yeah.It's always been this way.That's alright.Now,I'll just get a knife &......*points to throat.*I realized I'm not important.Not here or anywhere.

Old Manus
06-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Right.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't understand you.

Zeldy
06-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Oh,yeah.It's always been this way.That's alright.Now,I'll just get a knife &......*points to throat.*I realized I'm not important.Not here or anywhere.
Your going to get yourself banned =S

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Whatever.It's not like anyone in this place cares.I can fucking try,but I can't do /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about my life.

XxSephirothxX
06-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Whatever.It's not like anyone in this place cares.I can smurfing try,but I can't do /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about my life.

My magic powers are telling me you should create an Eyes on Each Other thread.

-N-
06-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Your going to get yourself banned =S You'll only get banned if you fake it, like Linus. >_<

But if you're serious, you need to confide in a family member or friend or teacher, or really anyone.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 08:33 PM
............. :(
1)No one came to see my thread after countless posts.......
2)Tried that......... :cry:

eestlinc
06-16-2005, 08:39 PM
post in the video game music/spirits within forum. everyone will notice you there.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Sorry,I'm not interested in video game music. :(
& I only see about a few minutes of SW........

Orestes
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Heck, I've been registered for years and I'm still not noticed.

Cuchulainn
06-17-2005, 12:50 AM
The best way to get noticed online is to do this....

http://www.networkpress.co.uk/Preview_pages/MI/Images/Relaxers.%20big%20yawn.GIF

works a treat and glad I could help and my hobbies are stamp collecting and making pictures with human hair.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-17-2005, 02:06 AM
:lol:

Quina
06-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Why does every body care about being noticed?

Agent Proto
06-17-2005, 03:03 AM
It's really not that big a deal, but becoming noticed will make you stay longer.

Cruise Control
06-17-2005, 03:06 AM
Who cares, make some friends here and post it up (as opposed to living it up)!

Quina
06-17-2005, 03:09 AM
I say shoot first and ask questions later.

Hroth
06-17-2005, 03:09 AM
One advice I can give people is: If you want to stay, do nothing like me! I'm setting up to be banned for sure, why? Because that's how I am. So whatever you do, don't do what I do.

Cruise Control
06-17-2005, 03:10 AM
^
l
Thats good advice!

Quina
06-17-2005, 03:13 AM
But you just posted in this thread which is the same thing he did. Oops I just posted in here too.

nik0tine
06-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Hey, where did all the angst go? :(

Psychotic
06-17-2005, 03:29 AM
www.livejournal.com

Yamaneko
06-17-2005, 03:35 AM
How clever.

Agent Proto
06-17-2005, 03:36 AM
That's where my angst go too.

kikimm
06-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Ugh. Since when was this thread just a huge ball of angst and self-loathing? If being noticed matters, it takes TIME. Be patient.

Anyways, I think you gave some pretty good advice Proto. It was something that needed to be said, I think. Congratulations.

eestlinc
06-17-2005, 04:44 AM
join a gang for that sense of belonging and community.

and fighting.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-17-2005, 04:53 AM
join a gang for that sense of belonging and community.

and fighting.

And big, ballet-like dance numbers!

If you want to get noticed, post in a lot of forums, use proper grammar and spelling, think critically and post intelligently, and help members out as much as possible. Then you'll get Knighted eventually and everyone'll notice you :D

Sepho
06-17-2005, 05:02 AM
Don't concern yourself with being popular so much as selflessly contributing to the online community. No, really. The forums are here for fun, so try to make the experience enjoyable for you (and if you're up for it, those around you). That's all there is to it.

Awrini
06-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Proto lies. Proto always lies.

I've made my impression on EoFF. Its just never gonna exceed the boundries of those in chat however.

EoFF chat is my home. The forums. Meh. Chat is the way to go.

So come Chat (http://www.eyesonff.com/chat)!

PS. My typing has gone far far downhill.

-N-
06-17-2005, 05:55 AM
enano speaks.. I'm posting again only because I saw his post here.

Del Murder
Yes, we can tell.

Awrini
:D :D :D

See. I win.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-18-2005, 01:36 AM
:rolleyes:
Squall-....Whatever.... :p

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Arent we a lively bunch?

Devourment
06-18-2005, 10:32 AM
So how long do you think this forum will be going for?

Hopefully it'll be here for years longer.. :cool:

MushroomZOMBIE
06-19-2005, 01:39 AM
*Throws oranges at random people.*

Vengence
06-19-2005, 01:47 AM
I don't really care about being noticed, popular, or whatever. I think that's all just a bunch of hypocritical, judgemental mumbo jumbo. I just come to forums to chat with other people who are interested in what I'm interested in. Isn't it supposed to be as simple as that?

MushroomZOMBIE
06-19-2005, 03:31 AM
Let's hope people keep this place exciting.........:p

crashNUMBERS
06-19-2005, 03:34 AM
Another way is to post lots
Hmmm?? Now who was the one who made that thread about me posting too much??

Agent Proto
06-19-2005, 03:39 AM
Crash,

and by posting, I don't mean spamming.

crashNUMBERS
06-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Proot. Your right I did spam but not even a quarter of my posts...

black orb
06-19-2005, 04:28 AM
>>> Want to rise to the top quickly?
Pretend to be a hot girl who loves Final Fantasy..:D

Sweet Beloved
06-19-2005, 04:42 AM
Mmm....I don't see myself as new. I've been here for 7 months. But, yeash i want to stay!!!!!

Ko Ko
06-19-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm still new, only 4 months, but I'm staying. :skull3:
I wuv you people!

44 caliber
06-19-2005, 04:58 AM
I don't really know you, but you seem so sweet! :)

black orb
06-19-2005, 05:18 AM
Who needs to pretend, sweetie? ;)
>>> hey, that was just an advice for the 20+ year old guys who still dwell on their parents basement.

Ko Ko
06-19-2005, 05:49 AM
What? 20+ y/o men live in thier parent's basements?
Am I missing something?

The Man
06-19-2005, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE]If you want to get noticed, post in a lot of forums, use proper grammar and spelling, think critically and post intelligently, and help members out as much as possible. Then you'll get Knighted eventually and everyone'll notice you :D
Didn't work for me.

Which is probably for the best, seeing as I'd most likely have gone STARK RAVING MAD if I had been ;-)

Psychotic
06-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I want Aaron to be made an admin. He will grant us the pimp!
Another way is to post lots, and by posting, I don't mean spamming. There are several threads where you can get away with spam, but when all you post is spam, you will likely get caught and be warned by the staff, and when that happens to you, your chances of staying is decreased. I guess I'm not very well known then!

Jojee
06-19-2005, 07:31 PM
If you want to get noticed, post in a lot of forums, use proper grammar and spelling, think critically and post intelligently, and help members out as much as possible. Then you'll get Knighted eventually and everyone'll notice you :D
Didn't work for me.

Which is probably for the best, seeing as I'd most likely have gone STARK RAVING MAD if I had been ;-) Yeah, but since when did you ever post intelligently? ;)

Caspian
06-19-2005, 10:58 PM
So you're an elitist whore. Want dignity?

Alive-Cat
06-20-2005, 07:25 PM
So i'll post a lot...ok. That's seems a good plan.

The Man
06-22-2005, 12:03 AM
If you want to get noticed, post in a lot of forums, use proper grammar and spelling, think critically and post intelligently, and help members out as much as possible. Then you'll get Knighted eventually and everyone'll notice you :DDidn't work for me.

Which is probably for the best, seeing as I'd most likely have gone STARK RAVING MAD if I had been ;-) Yeah, but since when did you ever post intelligently? ;)Actually, back in the day I was noted for making ridiculously long, detailed posts. Oh how I've changed. :monster:

Yamaneko
06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Back in the day? You must be an oldbie or something.

The Man
06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
not really, but I feel like one sometimes

Mr. Graves
06-22-2005, 03:26 AM
I'm still a known name to some around here, and back about two years ago I was here quite a bit each day. I was known by just posting and expressing myself throughout the forums, and I think it got me a fair deal of attention at the time. Not necessarily friends; I was just someone who was just.... <i>here.</i>

I'm still someone who is just.... <i>here.</i>

Croyles
07-17-2005, 01:40 AM
This place seems to be steering to something more than a forum.. Ill just keep using it as i have been.

crashNUMBERS
07-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Shouldn't this be an important topic??

MoonZapdos
07-17-2005, 01:43 AM
This is quite the amazing thread. Nice on, Proto.

Kakashi509
07-17-2005, 01:47 AM
you become popular if your banned *hint,hint*

crashNUMBERS
07-17-2005, 01:49 AM
Haha!! Cheap way to try to get someone banned...

Agent Proto
07-17-2005, 01:49 AM
That's another way, but unfortunately, you won't be able to enjoy the forums. Maybe at the chatroom.

crashNUMBERS
07-17-2005, 01:50 AM
Psst!! If they let you in!! And if thats possible Im gonna try to contact FF babe and Thunday man...

Sarsparilla
07-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Shouldnt we make a new thread this seeems to be brought back from the dead 0.o...

Agent Proto
07-17-2005, 02:12 AM
As long as the discussion is being continued, it's fine. Besides, it's only about a month old.

Khaotic
07-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Dont forget to type properly ;o

Its not NEEDED, but.. some people find it annoying to talk like: "hi how r u today?" and especially, "1337" speak, and please do not keep the caps locks on while typing ;__;

kikimm
07-17-2005, 02:27 AM
Sometimes caps lock is fun, but not all the time no. xD

And I'd like to stress that posting/responding to usernotes is a very good idea. That's how I met a lot of the friends I have now. In my opinion, awesome way to get to....start to know people. And random PMing is a good idea too. I'M NOT SCARY! That can be said for a lot of us. :monster:

Lon611
07-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Sometimes caps lock is fun, but not all the time no. xD

And I'd like to stress that posting/responding to usernotes is a very good idea. That's how I met a lot of the friends I have now. In my opinion, awesome way to get to....start to know people. And random PMing is a good idea too. I'M NOT SCARY! That can be said for a lot of us. :monster:

wow. that is the best advice in the world. :p

kikimm
07-17-2005, 02:40 AM

Yes. This is also a good idea. *pets Lon*

Sarsparilla
07-17-2005, 02:47 AM
ON TOPIC AYE?!?!

Yes I would like to stay here.

Khaotic
07-17-2005, 02:50 AM
Yes, like lots of people have said, user notes are a great way to meet people, and for people that dont know how to get to user notes, or even know what they are:

To get to them, go to the persons profile you want to post a user note on(click on their avatar, or their name and view profile) then look under the word "referral" and you will see User note: <some number> click on the number and it will bring you to a page of replys for that person, and people talking to him. These notes will only be stored in this persons user notes, and basically anyone can view them.

That is what user notes are. ;P

Dignified Pauper
07-17-2005, 05:26 AM
I think this topic needs put at *important* and archived, simply for the fact that it's a real answer to noobs all over.

rubah
07-17-2005, 05:28 AM
make an examination that proves they've read all 6 pages.

*that's* the idea.

eestlinc
07-17-2005, 05:37 AM
I'M NOT SCARY!
OMG SCARED

the problem with meeting people through user notes is you can't post them for the first 90 days you are registered. But after that, yes, user note it up!

-N-
07-17-2005, 05:45 AM
They should go to #eoff - it's a good way to meet people and get involved in the community and end up sticking around and make some good friends.

linksfantasy
07-17-2005, 05:50 AM
Your only way to be a permanent fixture at these forums, or get noticed as quickly as possible, besides posting a thread stating you're new is to get involved with EoFF.

How you want to get involved is up to you newbies. One of the best way to become a "household" name in these forums is to register when the EoFF Elections are taking place. That is usually in February of every year, you will get noticed if you join a party and participate in the Elections.

Another way is to post lots, and by posting, I don't mean spamming. There are several threads where you can get away with spam, but when all you post is spam, you will likely get caught and be warned by the staff, and when that happens to you, your chances of staying is decreased.

Everything involves getting involved in EoFF, participate in the Eyes on YOU feature that TheAbomination is doing, enter some of the contests that may run in the future, join the chatroom at #eoff on irc.ffchat.net on mIRC. Answer the Usernotes you may get from the friendly members of EoFF, and befriend them. It all starts with becoming involved, the quicker you get involved, the more likely you will stick around and become a noted member of EoFF. Chances are, if you stick around long enough and make worthwhile posts, you may even get the opportunity to get asked by the staff to become a Cid's Knight. It happened before where newer members were knighted early since registering, and it can happen again. It all depends on how involved you become after you register to these forums.

You may choose to start a newbie thread, which will give you some attention for you to decide whether to get involved, or you may simply get straight into the action and start posting as if you were already a member. It's all up to how you want to get involved in EoFF, because that is your only way if you want to stay for a long time and become recognized by everyone else.

(And yes, there is a topic to this thread, and that is, do you believe what I have said? Is getting involved really the way to become a "permanent" member of EoFF?")
well im new hi guys :)

Lon611
07-17-2005, 07:01 AM

:love: whoo hoo :love:

whats this #eoff i've been hearing about and how do u use it?

Khaotic
07-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Maybe a knight can merge all the ideas in the start, make it look fancy and enjoyable to read by making it organized, and then pin it so "noobs" can read it easier, and wont have to look through all the pages like rubah had mentioned.

Giga Guess
07-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Y'know, I think I may stick around for a while...XD

-N-
07-17-2005, 07:23 PM
whats this #eoff i've been hearing about and how do u use it?It's an IRC channel. You can use the java program here (click Chat at the top bar) or download mIRC and connect to irc.ffchat.net, port 6669, and /join #eoff.

edit: Wiki link: http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Chat/Chat