PDA

View Full Version : Which jobs work best?

AerisIsMyGod
06-15-2005, 08:57 AM
I've just started this game and was wondering what I should do about jobs. Which work the best and which ones should I not bother with?

Alot of them seem pretty useless so far, I've enjoyed using Earth though.

Peter_20
06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, I like starting with this line-up:

Bartz: Knight (LV3)
Galuf: Thief (LV4)
Reina: White Mage (LV4)
Faris: Black Mage (LV4)

I think it rules, because here you´ve got the strong defender,
the agile, passage-revealing Thief, the healer and the ominuos Black Mage! :D
...and once I´ve got the second set of Crystals, these are the settings:

Bartz: Sorcerer + "DoubleGrip"
Galuf: Thief + "Escape"
Reina: Time Mage + "White"
Faris: Summoner + "Black"

I usually always try and keep a Thief in my party, because I feel those "Passages" and "Dash" abilities are very important, and after the Karnak Castle explosion, I change Galuf into a Trainer and have him learn "Control" while Bartz takes over the Thief Job.
I only use Blue Mage when I´m actually able to _learn_ an enemy skill. :rolleyes2

Later, I change Bartz into a Ninja, have him learn the "Two-Swords" ability
and then have him whack away with some überstrong fighter Class. ;)

I think every Job has it´s uses, at least that´s the impression I´ve got.
But you shouldn´t bother too much about Berserker and Bard.

Shin Gouken
06-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Be sure to master hunter before the end of world two ("Sshot" is extremely usefull, especially when combined with time magic "quick" and "two swords".) Blue mages are underated, if you can learn some of the best blue magics there are (the best ones being in world one) it will make some of the more challenging bosses (like archeavis) a breeze

once your black and white mages have learnt black3 and white3 (easily acomplishable in world 1) have them use it as a second ability and start teaching them something else because you wont need black4 or white4 untill 2/3 thru world 2

Shin Gouken
06-15-2005, 02:18 PM

I usually always try and keep a Thief in my party, because I feel those "Passages" and "Dash" abilities are very important, and after the Karnak Castle explosion, I change Galuf into a Trainer and have him learn "Control" while Bartz takes over the Thief Job.
I only use Blue Mage when I´m actually able to _learn_ an enemy skill. :rolleyes2

sorry to disagree with you buddy. i agree that mastering bard to learn "sing" is a price not worth paying, but the "sing" ability can be VERY usefull at certain points in the game. Just have your character work as a bard at the points when you need a bard but dont bother with training them as 1

Peter_20
06-15-2005, 09:17 PM

sorry to disagree with you buddy. i agree that mastering bard to learn "sing" is a price not worth paying, but the "sing" ability can be VERY usefull at certain points in the game. Just have your character work as a bard at the points when you need a bard but dont bother with training them as 1

That´s why I thought every Job had their uses.
I think Bard is pretty inferior to greater Jobs though, as, say,
Hunter, Ninja, Samurai, Dragoon, Summoner and Mime.
Agree? ;)

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2005, 07:35 AM
im using a knight a summoner with black magic and a time mage with white magic and a monk 9i tried to use a socerer but he cant equip excalibur.)

Shin Gouken
06-16-2005, 10:47 AM

That´s why I thought every Job had their uses.
I think Bard is pretty inferior to greater Jobs though, as, say,
Hunter, Ninja, Samurai, Dragoon, Summoner and Mime.
Agree? ;)

lol yis those are the hardcore jobs :) but you have to add either warrior or sorcera to that list because none of those jobs can equip excalibur or ragnarok :)

Peter_20
06-16-2005, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Peter_18]lol yis those are the hardcore jobs :) but you have to add either warrior or sorcera to that list because none of those jobs can equip excalibur or ragnarok :)

*adds*
*rearranges into a proper order*

Knight, Samurai, Dragoon, Sorcerer,
Ninja, Hunter, Summoner, Mime

There you go!

And also, I´m not sure, but I think that crappy Excailbur
(the 1 DMG thingy) is really effective when thrown! :D

Shin Gouken
06-16-2005, 11:46 AM
yeah thats excalipur (grrr i found out the hard way, damn gilgamesh lol) but the best weapon in the game is a samurai weapon :) i cant remember what its called but you can steal it from the ninja type enemies in the castle in the cleft dimension :)

Jowy
06-16-2005, 10:35 PM
That would be the Strato.

If memory serves me correctly, which it probably doesn't, not running from any battles makes the Brave Blade the strongest weapon in the game.

sayen
06-17-2005, 09:13 AM

If memory serves me correctly, which it probably doesn't, not running from any battles makes the Brave Blade the strongest weapon in the game.

if you dont run the brave blade is strong the other one gets weaker the more battles you fight i think.

Shin Gouken
06-17-2005, 12:10 PM

yeah i did that once. i did a 100% item collection run and learned all the blue magics while never running from a battle. i was level 50 when i finally decided to pick it up and tbh i wasnt overly impressed :S

Polnareff
06-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, when I first got the jobs, here's how I arranged them:

Bartz- Knight
Reina- Thief
Galuf- White Mage
Faris- Monk

See, that way, you have a little bit of everything in your party. I trained everyone, and when Galuf gained White 1 (around the ship graveyard) I turned him into a Black Mage, that way he could have both Black and White magic. Then I got the Sorceror job and changed him into a Sorceror, and now he's a damn good one. His Bolt2 sword is pretty useful.

Faris, well, I kept her as a Monk for quite a while, then changed her into a Summoner later in the game.

Reina stayed a Thief for as long as I had her, then I turned her into a Time Mage so she could use magic like Stop, Haste, and Demi. I left her that way and then equipped Dash on her.

Bartz is still a Knight, but I did make him a Blue Mage for awhile so he could learn valuable magic (such as Aqua Rake and ????)

Dreddz
06-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Ninja, Knight, Black Mage and archer work for me

The archer is so underrated, hes/shes the best

rubah
06-17-2005, 09:26 PM
i guess I'm the only one that assigns job classes by who looks the best.

Lenna got to be a ninja, faris a dancer, galuf a dragoon, and bartz a caller.

at least, they have been.

although bartz makes a pretty fine dancer too.

Rengori
06-18-2005, 05:25 AM
I only just got out of the Fire Ship, But I have:

Bartz = Theif + "Sword Magic"
Reina = Knight + "White Magic"
Faris = Knight + "Black Magic"
Galuf = Sorcerer + "That one monk move that charges and hits for double power"

I like Knights and magic, can you tell?

MoonZapdos
06-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Monks rule all! :D

ehsteve
06-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Unarmed magic user + Brawl (Monk ability) = Awesome.

Ciretho
06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't really have a set party anymore since I mastered them all in the basement of Bal Castle. I didn't master every job for every person but I have mastered all the jobs.

Shin Gouken
06-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I don't really have a set party anymore since I mastered them all in the basement of Bal Castle. I didn't master every job for every person but I have mastered all the jobs.

if you master all the jobs with 1 player, it comes up with a master sign for bare fighters too :S wait till the x-zone to master them tho.

Burtuc
06-26-2005, 11:38 PM
MAster all the jobs and then switch to a bare. Tis the best job

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 12:47 AM
All of the classes have their own ups and downs in my oppinion so I say they're even...