PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Race!

Mittopotahis
06-15-2005, 10:43 AM
What is your favourite race? Mine would have to be Bangaa. I know they don't have the best range, but when they are up close, they can be deadly. Also, I like humans for their versitility, but Bangaa are better :D

tailz
06-15-2005, 02:07 PM
viera all the way there cool they have like humans a wide variabilitie (<--- Is that a word??) and there all female (oops didnt say that) :p:D

Skyblade
06-15-2005, 04:15 PM
viera all the way there cool they have like humans a wide variabilitie (<--- Is that a word??) and there all female (oops didnt say that) :p:D

(Not the way you spelled it. It's "variability".)

Viera. Equipped with bows, they can do major damage from long range, and when they get in close, they have a whole range of excellent abilities, such as Last Breath, Rockseal, Nightmare, and Shadowbind. They can also use Doublecast and summon monsters like Madeen. If only they had a Totema that damaged HP instead of MP, they'd be perfect.

omnitarian
06-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I voted Nu Mou, for the following reasons:

1. Originality: Nobody else has voted for them.
2. Aesthetics: They're frumpy little rabbit dolls. Yay!
3. Classes: Sage, Alchemist, and Morpher are 3 of the best jobs in the game.
4. Power: Flare, Lv. 5 Doom, Giga Flare, Raise, Toad...
5. Versatility: Since every Nu Mou class is magic based, they make the most potent "dual-purpose" character.

But yeah... mostly #1. :-/

Skyblade
06-17-2005, 04:38 AM
I voted Nu Mou, for the following reasons:

1. Originality: Nobody else has voted for them.
2. Aesthetics: They're frumpy little rabbit dolls. Yay!
3. Classes: Sage, Alchemist, and Morpher are 3 of the best jobs in the game.
4. Power: Flare, Lv. 5 Doom, Giga Flare, Raise, Toad...
5. Versatility: Since every Nu Mou class is magic based, they make the most potent "dual-purpose" character.

But yeah... mostly #1. :-/

...Um, do you know what "versatility" means? "Every Nu Mou class is magic based". While this isn't really true (Beastmasters aren't very magical, they're just good musicians), if it were, that would pretty much negate the possibility of Nu Mou being "versatile", since versatility means that they can be used for many different purposes. If Nu Mou were purely magical, they would be hardly versatile at all, they would simply be good when you needed magic. Humans are the most versatile race, able to be used for everything from theft, to magic, to sword wielding, to archery.

omnitarian
06-17-2005, 03:40 PM
By versatility, I meant "more effective at versatility". But "more effective at versatility" wouldn't look as nice.

Nu Mous are good at versatility because they have all their eggs in one basket. If you wanted to make a Bangaa that can attack and support, you'd have a hard time, because all of the attack-savvy bangaa classes are poor in magic, and vise versa. A Ninja/White Mage would be good at killing bad guys and healing, but not as good as an Alchemist/White Mage.

And while it's true that Nu Mou are only good with magic, they are quite versatile, due to the many varieties of their magic. If the enemies are far away and very powerful, you can use an illusionist. For drawn out melee encounters, use a Sage with Raise and Giga Flare. Even if they have high Magic Defense, you can use Death and Toad.

But I do see where you're coming from. You'll never see a physical Nu Mou, or a very quick one. (Actually, their lack of speed is why I almost never use them. Truth be told, I picked Nu Mou because they're cute and nobody else voted for them. Then I just contrived a bunch of battle-related strengths, so I am fully aware that most of my reasons won't 'hold up in court', so to speak. :p)

NotQuiteNecessary
06-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Viera, hands down. They get the best classes. Assassin and Summoner, if obtained before Adrammelech are unbeatable at the end of the game.

My name is...something..?
06-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Viera, for me no doubt about it.
My clan is 1/3 Viera members. :love:

Smarty_Arty
06-22-2005, 04:30 PM
I like Vieras they are agile and have my favourite races the Sharpshooter rules supreme.

Skyblade
06-23-2005, 07:42 AM
I like Vieras they are agile and have my favourite races the Sharpshooter rules supreme.

Assassins are better, in both stats and abilities.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Human I just wish they Could have been all the jobs. Maybe other Races Should have been slightly better at a given job but humans being versitile should have had acsess to all jobs.

DMKA
06-23-2005, 10:26 AM
You're all racist.

Mittopotahis
06-23-2005, 12:17 PM
You're all racist.

Amazingly, you have a good point! :D

Skyblade
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
You're all racist.

No, not really. I'm classist. There is a difference. I choose viera not simple because they are Viera, but because they are the best at eliminating my enemies. If I could get a human with Viera abilities, that human would be used as much as the Viera on my team are. Oh, wait, I do have such a person: Ritz. I use Ritz in every battle even though she isn't a Viera. When I voted for my "favorite" race, I was actually voting for the one whose available classes I thought were most useful, and the most fun to play as. I am not claiming that Viera are actually any better than any of the other races. But, if devoid of the assistance of any of the classes that are only available to other races, the Viera would be the easiest to use alone. It's not the race itself that causes me to make my decision: It's the classes available to that race. The racist ones were the designers, who thought that the races individual skills would limit what they were capable of doing (and Humans and Nu Mou are ridiculously overpowered). It might surprise you to know that in the final battle (Decision Time), I have only one Viera on my team. I have three Humans, one Moogle, one Nu Mou, and one Viera: Marche, Cid, Ritz, Montblanc, Ezel, and Shara. No Bangaa, because the racist programmers gave us none that were important to the story.

DestinyGundam
06-26-2005, 09:11 PM
I liked the Bangaa, mainly becuase of the Gladiator class. The Nu Mou class was also my fav becuase they were pefect for mage type classes.

Magaso
06-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Viera, for me no doubt about it.
My clan is 1/3 Viera members. :love:

Only 33%? mines 75%! It consists of 2 humans, 1 moogle, 1 bangaa, and 1 Nu Mou. and 15 Viera.

Yuffie514
06-30-2005, 07:07 AM
nobody like Moogle? i like Bangaa. once i counted how many members of each different race i had in my party. but i'm not a picky recruiter. Bangaa jus have cool stuff like Dragoon/Gladiator.

Crossblades
06-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Bangaa, because they're tough and have 2 of my favorite classes, Dragoon and White Monk

Skyblade
07-03-2005, 10:47 AM
nobody like Moogle? i like Bangaa. once i counted how many members of each different race i had in my party. but i'm not a picky recruiter. Bangaa jus have cool stuff like Dragoon/Gladiator.

I like Moogles, they just aren't my favorite, kupo!

FunkyBlackMage
07-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Humans, because they have my two favorite classes: Black Mage and Paladin.

Constantino
07-06-2005, 07:55 AM
"poor moogle zero votes hahhaha :lol: "

" :mog: *sniff* "

MoonZapdos
07-06-2005, 02:42 PM
:moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle: -> NOTE: This smile isn't in the smile list. Use : moogle : for this smile and : mog : for the one in the list.

Skyblade
07-06-2005, 05:07 PM
:moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle: -> NOTE: This smile isn't in the smile list. Use : moogle : for this smile and : mog : for the one in the list.

Someone finally voted for Moogles, kupopo!

Madonna
07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
*conceals*

Alyster
07-11-2005, 01:21 AM
i voted viera because the classes, the abilities and the stats. having an assasin is good is u are training some others because they can last breath and they can speed u up to finishing

sugar fairy
08-06-2005, 10:17 PM
human cuz they look the best in most of their outfits/classes/jobs/whateveah they're called and because they have the widest range of job thingys and ninjas rule! doublesword!!!

Aphelion
08-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Viera for cute character designs and versatility; Bangaa for raw power. I voted for the former, though.

Lionx
08-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Moogles followed really closely by Bangaa.

Fireblade13
08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
1- Humans- Double sword
2- Viera- Summoner
3- Banga- Power or slightly magical
4- Nu mou- Magic power
5- Moogle- only good if you mix a knight and a juggler for max Physical

Terran
08-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Humans because they have Ninjas which have double sword and then also have paladin and fighter. Get doublesword and then make him a Paladin/fighter to be able to equip the two most powerful swords in the game! Then they go around and kill everyone while your assasain jumps around killing people as well. Assasain is my 2nd favorite class.

I also have my lovely Ninja/theif. I leave the magic to the Nu mou and moogles.

auhin
10-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Nu Mou! Second would be Humans and Banga..

Neco Arc
10-16-2005, 12:45 AM
red mage and summoner skills rules... double cast summons
assasin with sharpshooter skills also rules...
but then again theif with ninja skills rules as well
oh well

Rikku*
10-16-2005, 07:20 PM
My favorites would be Viera and Humans and yeah I like them because I think they are kewl!!

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-02-2006, 09:26 AM
baanga but i love those moogles Kupoppopopopopopopopo:confused:

yuno
01-22-2006, 04:23 PM
definitely vieras.everybody loves very cute girls with bunny bands.

my doublecasting summoner eliminates most of the enemies on her FIRST turn.anything that's left is food for my assassin who dishes out a last breath attack.third member who takes a turn is montblanc the juggler (i rarely get to the third turn),giving the summoner a "smile".summoner takes another turn and battle is over.^_^

see,moogles are good for something after all.^_^

EDIT:see,MONTBLANC is good for something after all.^_^

Skyblade
01-23-2006, 01:00 AM
definitely vieras.everybody loves very cute girls with bunny bands.

my doublecasting summoner eliminates most of the enemies on her FIRST turn.anything that's left is food for my assassin who dishes out a last breath attack.third member who takes a turn is montblanc the juggler (i rarely get to the third turn),giving the summoner a "smile".summoner takes another turn and battle is over.^_^

see,moogles are good for something after all.^_^

EDIT:see,MONTBLANC is good for something after all.^_^

Decent strategy, but you are definitely not utilizing some characters to their full potential.

Trained properly, Moogles can become very powerful. A properly trained Gunner with Charge abilities can unleash an Ultima Charge from up to nine squares away, and if you raise them right, will have decent enough MP and speed to do it often.

Assassins are also very powerful. Certainly, their Last Breath attack is a killer (literally), but don't forget that they can equip Greatbows. I have my Assassins use Greatbows to unleash massive damage with Ultima Masher from a distance, and then they can switch to their powerful status attacks when (or rather, if) the enemy closes the distance.

yuno
01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Decent strategy, but you are definitely not utilizing some characters to their full potential.

Trained properly, Moogles can become very powerful. A properly trained Gunner with Charge abilities can unleash an Ultima Charge from up to nine squares away, and if you raise them right, will have decent enough MP and speed to do it often.

Assassins are also very powerful. Certainly, their Last Breath attack is a killer (literally), but don't forget that they can equip Greatbows. I have my Assassins use Greatbows to unleash massive damage with Ultima Masher from a distance, and then they can switch to their powerful status attacks when (or rather, if) the enemy closes the distance.
i dunno.i just want every opposition dead as quick as possible.the thing with the "ultimas" is their being single-target attacks (if i remember correctly.anyone who wants to correct me,pls do so).so i wud rather have montblanc smile at my summoner,than take more turns.and i also like those greatbow assassins.i simply like to stick to my last breath assassins.

boss battles are a totally different story though.i make greatbow assassins here,since all bosses cannot be affected with last breath (again,pls feel free to correct me).i also make ultima gunners because the summoner to whom the juggler will give a smile only has a single target and therefore,cannot maximize the power of the summons.

but you wud have to admit,my party kills fast.and i didnt even give marche,the bangaa and the nu mou (my party has 2 viera,1 of everything else) any turns.vieras totally rock!!!

Skyblade
01-23-2006, 10:53 PM
i dunno.i just want every opposition dead as quick as possible.the thing with the "ultimas" is their being single-target attacks (if i remember correctly.anyone who wants to correct me,pls do so).so i wud rather have montblanc smile at my summoner,than take more turns.and i also like those greatbow assassins.i simply like to stick to my last breath assassins.

boss battles are a totally different story though.i make greatbow assassins here,since all bosses cannot be affected with last breath (again,pls feel free to correct me).i also make ultima gunners because the summoner to whom the juggler will give a smile only has a single target and therefore,cannot maximize the power of the summons.

but you wud have to admit,my party kills fast.and i didnt even give marche,the bangaa and the nu mou (my party has 2 viera,1 of everything else) any turns.vieras totally rock!!!

True, the Ultimas are single target attacks. And they can be rather MP costly. Summons can be nice, but if you are trying to kill the enemy as quickly as possible, they aren't usually the best. Most missions, the enemy is set up far enough away that summons aren't much more effective than physical attacks unless you let the enemy move first, which means you aren't killing them as quickly as possible. With a group of fast characters using long range Ultimas, you can eliminate an enemy force before they even move once.

yuno
01-25-2006, 05:33 PM
True, the Ultimas are single target attacks. And they can be rather MP costly. Summons can be nice, but if you are trying to kill the enemy as quickly as possible, they aren't usually the best. Most missions, the enemy is set up far enough away that summons aren't much more effective than physical attacks unless you let the enemy move first, which means you aren't killing them as quickly as possible. With a group of fast characters using long range Ultimas, you can eliminate an enemy force before they even move once.
majority of the battles i remember have enemy placement that is close enough for my summons to reach them.but then again,i didnt have access to all 300 missions,so i might just have missed those battles that you are talking about.

Alexander
01-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Vieras.

Because they can be Elementalist.

The rest is crap.

Bowser
01-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Moogle.

boys from the dwarf
01-29-2006, 09:32 AM
i like magic so nu mous were close but i voted human because ... im a human :eek:!

Auragaea
01-30-2006, 10:25 PM
I was at a tie between Bangaa and Illusionist, but in the end, magic prevailed. It was so hard to choose between these :( -

http://c-uncut.com/media/ffta-nu-mou-illusionist.jpg

http://c-uncut.com/media/ffta-bangaa-bishop.jpg