PDA

View Full Version : Pig sick of MMOG's

Captain Maxx Power
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm serious, if anyone else tells me how great bloody MMOG's are then I'm going to eat their face off. Every single MMOG I've trialled has utterly dissapointed me. Sluggish, boring, tiring, repetitive are just some of the adjectives I've associated with these so-called "next-gen gaming titles". I've tried them all practically. Everquest, Planetside, FF Online, Anarchy Online, Guild Wars. Nothing's even come close to impressing me. Certainly not enough to warrant a monthly subscription (granted Guild Wars is free, but regardless). I can't be the only one behind on the times. Is there anyone else out there who isn't playing an MMOG regularly and sees eye-to-eye with me on this subject?

Rostum
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
You should play a MMORPG. =)

You can't exactly judge a MMORPG on any trial you may have played. MMORPG's usualy get better as you go on, meaning you'll need a lot of time investment at first. But of course, they aren't for everyone - not everyone has patience. Anyways, I play FFXI because I have heaps of friends on there, it's fun to do stuff with each other and I find a fair few things about it, to be really cool. ^^;

Loony BoB
06-15-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't like RO because it's nothing but point and click for the most part. That got so boring for me, even if I was playing with my best friend and a lot of other friends. I suppose FFXI would be a lot better, but at the same time I know that people spend their lives on that thing and they seem to forget about all of the friends they had outside FFXI, and that's why I don't like MMOGs.

Rostum
06-15-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't like RO because it's nothing but point and click for the most part. That got so boring for me, even if I was playing with my best friend and a lot of other friends. I suppose FFXI would be a lot better, but at the same time I know that people spend their lives on that thing and they seem to forget about all of the friends they had outside FFXI, and that's why I don't like MMOGs.

RO is a very boring game. And yes, people can seem to get too addicted to MMORPG's. If you just manage your time and take it easy, you can defenatly keep your life and your friends. =P

Optium
06-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Ultima Online was great, especially playing for free with cool people and
no lamers (awesome shard). I can understand what you're saying though.

So, I present you with this. Little review on gamespot for the greatest
MMOG ever made! It's called Real Life and it gets a 9.6 rating.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/071103minusworld/1.html

.opt

Meat Puppet
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought you were saying mog there.
Like holding down the m
mmmog
A pig got sick of eating mogs maybe
Oh what was the topic
Yeah, I just don't play them.

Drift
06-15-2005, 04:19 PM
no money

Madame Adequate
06-15-2005, 06:01 PM
MMOs aren't for everyone, I can certainly appreciate this. Even the best games like City of Heroes can get tedious for me after a month or two, which is why I'm taking a break from it until CoV comes out.

Shoeberto
06-15-2005, 06:19 PM
I only play them if there's no subscription fee. I've got some friends that are super hooked on them and have migrated from EQ to SWG to EQ:OA to EQ to SWG to COH and now GW. They always spend a lot of time on it, which I can't do. I'm playing GW now but I only spend a bit of time every day on it doing a few quests so it doesn't get boring.

Xander
06-15-2005, 06:20 PM
RO doesn't necessarily have to be boring, and it is more than just "point and click". You can try out various builds for characters, you can hunt for hats and stuff, and you can have fun partying with people. I don't find it "very boring" at all. I'm sure it's just not for everyone but I enjoy it and everyone else on the server I play on enjoy it. It's a fun challenge to build up a character, and if it was so boring there wouldn't be so many private servers and so many people playing it.

KentaRawr!
06-15-2005, 06:47 PM
I personally don't like MMORPG's much. I used to love FFXI, but then it got boring. >_<

You might like PSO, though. Basically what you do in PSO is fight through various areas with 3 friends.

I don't like Ragnarok either. o_o I couldn't get used to the controls.

FFXI seemed kind of repetitive to me. It seemed as if the main goal was to level up. >_< And even though the world was massive, I felt a bit forced to go to certain areas.

(Note: If you get PSO, I don't reccomend getting the GC Version. There are quite a few hackers on the GC version.)

Rye
06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
My brother plays Rune Scape. He's obsessed with it. I want him to stop playing it, so I can use the computer without interruptions. xD

RedCydranth
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
My problem with MMORPGs is the theft factor. You can spend months upon months playing a game and one day you log in to find some computer genious has entered the game as you, removed all your money, items and equipment and stranded you with nothing. This happened to me a few times in different MMORPGs. Until they can prevent hackers, I refuse to play.

Shoeberto
06-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I personally don't like MMORPG's much. I used to love FFXI, but then it got boring. >_<

You might like PSO, though. Basically what you do in PSO is fight through various areas with 3 friends.

I don't like Ragnarok either. o_o I couldn't get used to the controls.

FFXI seemed kind of repetitive to me. It seemed as if the main goal was to level up. >_< And even though the world was massive, I felt a bit forced to go to certain areas.

(Note: If you get PSO, I don't reccomend getting the GC Version. There are quite a few hackers on the GC version.)
Alternative to PSO is Diablo 2, which has a similar play style and no subscription fee. There's a way you can get PSO working free on PC but I'll let you figure that one out.

Miriel
06-15-2005, 11:24 PM
And yes, people can seem to get too addicted to MMORPG's. If you just manage your time and take it easy, you can defenatly keep your life and your friends. =P

Exactly. I've had FFXI for nearly a year now, and I think it's incredibly easy to have fun playing the game but not get obsessed over it. People shouldn't judge the game's addictive qualities on Mikztsu's behaivor.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Never got into the MMORPGs because of lack of both money and time. They seem fun, but I'd be afraid I'd lose a great deal of my social life if I were to get into them.

KentaRawr!
06-15-2005, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=Kentarou]
Alternative to PSO is Diablo 2, which has a similar play style and no subscription fee. There's a way you can get PSO working free on PC but I'll let you figure that one out.

I think that they stopped letting you use that Beta for free. o_o Theres a monthly fee now...or are you talking about something else?

Shoeberto
06-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Something else. It doesn't have the community of the main stuff, and servers will randomly go down, but it's PSO for free. I enjoyed it for a bit.