PDA

View Full Version : nonsense

CybZ
06-16-2005, 12:53 AM
I mate a good(f) and a great(m) chocobo then it gave me a green chocobo then i did same but the opposite sex (good(m) and a great(f)) still gives me a green chocobo, i try doing the opposite again and still gives me a damn green one, then i did same operation for the fourth time and gives a....green chocobo! i now have 4 green chocobos and not a sinble blue. how the hell do i get a blue one???

ff-fanatix
06-16-2005, 12:58 AM
2 goods > blue > 2 great > green

2 of opposite > random blue/green depending on classes

Levian
06-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Just mate a good and a great chocobo until you get a blue one. You're just having some major bad luck. Just load and save with yer memory card. It's easier that way. :cool:

Lord Magician
06-16-2005, 02:21 AM
And before any more questions. Make sure you get two opposite sexes for the blue and green and you will get a black chocobo.

MATE THAT, with a wonderful chocobo witch you get near the....

Icicle Area

Monster------------------Type of chocobo you will get

1 Jumping-----------------------Wonderful

2 Jumping-----------------------Wonderful

Then you will mate both opposite sexes and get the final chocobo.

THE GOLD CHOCOBO! THE END

CybZ
06-16-2005, 02:22 AM
oh ok i tought when you mate a male great and female good you'd get a blue cause the opposite gives green, thanks

CybZ
06-16-2005, 02:24 AM
and i'm not stupid i know that you can't make babies if you're of the same sex -.-

Lord Magician
06-16-2005, 02:25 AM
Here folks, I will explain it.

Preparatory steps before breeding the special Chocobos

Make certain you have:
* rent 4 stables at the Chocobo Ranch
* 3 Carob Nuts
* 1 Zeio Nut
* at LEAST 50 Syklis Greens (yes, that's 250.000 gil flying away)

*?* Where to find the Carob Nut? No one sells them!
*-* There are two ways to find Carob Nuts:
1) you can win it for a mere 300 GP in the Golden Saucer Wonder Square (DISC 2 or 3 only). It's
the first prize marked as ?????. I don't know if you can win more than one, so you might have to
use also way 2).
2) Equip the Steal Materia (quite easy to find troughout the game) and go to Bone Village with
the Highwind. Do you see those small islands just south of Bone Village? They are 3, one is
incredibly small, another is long and another one is almost square. Land on the square one (it's
about 10 x 12 "paces", it has no sand on it and is covered half with pale grass and half with
dark grass) and start running around. Here you can find pesky squirrel like creatures (not even
a match, they are ridiculous at any stage of the game) or the mighty Vladorakos. Well, the
Vladorakos has your Carob Nuts, so steal from him. After beating it the first time, run around
some more time and get 3 of those Carob Nuts. You won't need more.

NOTE : Vladorakos has something like 40000 hp, but has ridiculous attacks, so don't worry, just
hack him away.

*?* Where to find the Zeio Nut? No one sells them!
*-* This is extra-easy, much easier and quicker than the Carob Nut affair. Fly with the Highwind
to the northeastern group of islands (just head straight east from Bone Village). One of them is
covered with a forest. Land there and run around the forest until you encounter Goblins. Steal
from them and you will get the Zeio Nut. Another thing you can get from the Goblins is the very
useful Goblin Punch Enemy Skill that deals non-elemental damage (and deals a LOT of damage if
you are fighting a creature that has the same level as you currently have) and costs ZERO MP!
(yes Zero).

*?* I don't have a lot of money, what should I do?
*-* You might win the GIL Up Materia for a hard 1000 GP at the Golden Saucer Wonder Square. The
best way to win it is keeping going and exiting the Golden Saucer and hoping for the GP smuggler
to pass by. When you arrive at the Golden Saucer Ropeway Station (on the Saucer, not at Corel),
there will be the hostess and the chocobo-suited animator. However, from time to time there will
be a guy near the save point, the GP smuggler, who will convert up to 10000 gil in 100 GP. Keep
doing this and you will reach the GIL Up Materia. To make this efficient, it's better if you make
some winning at the Chocobo Square Bookmaker's Office, gaining GPs instead of useless items
(except for Megalixirs, perhaps). Don't worry about winning, since you will earn a lot of items
in your Gold Chocobo jockey life (much later, though...).

4. How to Obtain the River (Blue) Chocobo

This one is really easy, as the Mountain. Reach the Golden Saucer Area, and catch a Good Quality
Chocobo (2 Spencer). Then reach Mideel Area and get a Great Quality Chocobo (1 or 2 Spiral). You
could also get the Chocobo near Rocket Town, but in Mideel you get more EXP and AP. In order to
get the River Chocobo, you need a MALE Great Chocobo from Mideel and a FEMALE Good Chocobo from
Golden Saucer. Mate them with the Carob Nut and you will receive the Blue River Chocobo. After
breeding, release the parents of the River Chocobo, you will not be needing them again.

*** UNIVERSAL TRICK FOR CUTTING TIME *** When you catch a Chocobo and send it to the Stables, its
sex has not yet been determined. Chocobo sex is determined when you move Chocobos from the fence
to the stables (so, in Chocobo Ranch). Always save just before entering Chocobo Ranch! This way,
if you mess up with Chocobo sexes, you can reset and restart.

[NOTE FOR PC USERS: If you have FF7 for the PC and have installed DirectX 6.x, you might find that
if you quit from FF7 and then relaunch it, FF7 halts and freezes the system. To overcome this
problem, just enter a fight and cast Ultima on your own party. In less than 30 seconds you will
be asked to load a game, removing the need to quit from FF7 :D).]

5. How to Obtain the Mountain (Green) Chocobo

This one is also really easy. Reach the Golden Saucer Area, and catch a Good Quality Chocobo (2
Spencer). Then reach Mideel and get a Great Quality Chocobo (1 or 2 Spiral). In order to get the
Mountain Chocobo, you need a FEMALE Great Chocobo from Mideel and a MALE Good Chocobo from Golden
Saucer. Mate them with the Carob Nut and you wil receive the Green Mountain Chocobo. Again,
release the parents of the Chocobo, you don't need them.

*** MAKE SURE YOUR MOUNTAIN CHOCOBO IS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX OF YOUR RIVER CHOCOBO!!! ****
[Note for PC Users: It is confirmed that you CAN have more than one type of special chocobo at a
time, for example 2 mountain and 1 river or any combination. It *seems* (not confirmed yet) it
just becomes harder to get special chocobos you already have.]

6. How to Obtain the River-Mountain (Black) Chocobo

This needs some more time than the Mountain and River Chocobos. Feed your Blue and Green Chocobos
with Sylkis Greens until their stats stop growing (if the only effect of a feeding is "They are
getting along better" it means that that Chocobo has reached its limit). This might require
somehitng like 15 Sylkis greens each. It's better to give them large amounts of Sylkis, instead
of giving them one by one.
After the feeding, go to the Gold Saucer Chocobo Square. There, on the Staff Room door, there will
be Ester waiting for you (she's the one that makes you run on the Chococos when you are thrown
into the Golden Saucer jail in the desert). Ask her to register a Chocobo for the next race and
keep racing until your blue and green chocobos are class A (or, much better, S). Refer to Section
9 for Chocobo Jockey tips.
When your Chocobos are both at least class A, get back to Chocobo ranch and mate them with the
Carob Nut, a nice Black River-Mountain Chocobo will be born. You will obtain the Gold Chocobo
shortly, so don't even ride out with this.
As before, release the parents of the black chocobo, you will not needing them any more.

**** NOTE ***** If you reach A class with all your chocobos in a VERY short time, when you get
back to the Chocobo Stables, Choco Billy will say that he can't mate freshly born Chocobos. If
this happens, do something else for a while (i.e. running some more at the Gold Saucer (in the A
Class you can win nice prizes, or stock on GP for getting that GIL UP Materia or the EXP UP
Materia for 2000 gp in Wonder Square) or entering the Battle Arena). After some time has passed,
you will be able to mate your 2 chocobos and obtain the black Chocobo.

7. How to Obtain the Ocean (Gold) Chocobo

This is quicker than the Black Chocobo. Feed the Black Chocobo with as much Sylkis as you can,
until his stats are at maximum (again, if you get only "They are getting along better" after a
feeding, it means that the Chocobo is at its maximum), then make it run at the Golden Saucer and
reach at least class A (at this point, reaching class S should be easy enough). After reaching
class A, go to the Icicle Area and hunt a Wonderful (1 or 2 Jumping) Chocobo of the opposite sex
of your Black Chocobo. Feed it with as much Sylkis as you can afford (at this point you might
have spent something like 400.000 gil) or, much better, to its limit, and make it run at the
Golden Saucer, reaching class S. Save before Mating these two Chocobos, because the chance of
getting the Gold are lower than the others (I think that if you do things the right way, the
chance for getting River and Mountain Chocobos are something like 100%). Mate the Black Chocobo
and your Wonderful Chocobo with a Zeio Nut and you will finally gain a Gold Chocobo (if you spent
a lot on Sylkis, it should be some kind of monster with a top speed around 190-200 and stamina
around 1500)!!!.

It might take around 4 hours to get the Gold Chocobo. Many people say that it's needed much more
because they do not know that the Quality of a Chocobo is linked to the monsters it comes with.

CybZ
06-16-2005, 02:51 AM
i swear i have a great male and good female and it keeps giving me the green one even after 30 tries. it must be a curse

Levian
06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
i swear i have a great male and good female and it keeps giving me the green one even after 30 tries. it must be a curse

Hmm, actually, if Lord Magician's FAQ is correct, you do need opposite sexes of the great and good chocobos to get a blue one. I could've sworn I got both the blue and green chocobo from the same parents though. Anyway, best do what the FAQ says. :p

Lord Magician
06-16-2005, 07:53 PM
This should be important for all chocobo breeders. No body will see this so sooner or later you will see another chocobo help thread and no body bother looking here! :(

Sepho
06-16-2005, 08:21 PM
You don't need opposite sexes. I've played through the game a few times, and I always use the same pair of chocobos to get both my green and blue chocobos. I'd say you just have bad luck.

Best thing to do is get your Carob Nut ready, save outside the ranch, then continually breed and soft reset until you get the choco you need. It might just take a while before you get the right sex of the right color. I know I've had to soft reset over a dozen times before.

CybZ
06-17-2005, 02:25 AM
after a lot of tries i finally got one, thanks for help everyone. but now ive got a new question, how do i get to the corel cave(for hp-mp materia) with a blue chocobo? on the website it says i can reach it with the blue one but i cant find any way.

Lord Magician
06-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Go around the light water edges of the continents and you already know where is is don't you?......ANYWAY! IT IS EASY! YOU DON'T NEED HELP AND STOP BEING LAZY! A BABY COULD FIND IT ALONE! :D

ff-fanatix
06-17-2005, 12:04 PM
u cant with a blue....you need the black one because you need to travel water and mountains.....at leats thtas what i always thoguht???

Levian
06-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, you can get the materia outside mideel with a blue one. You just need to bring the chocobo with you in the Highwind.