PDA

View Full Version : Monologue

Cruise Control
06-16-2005, 03:16 AM
What games do you know of that have long sessions of monologue.

Tales of Symphonia, 15 minutes before and after every battle.
"Your character inhaled, which means he intook air through his trachea...Blah...Blah...Blah..."

Made me want to smash the disk!

Mo-Nercy
06-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Pretty much every RPG. If the game is good enough, it would have drawn you so deep into the story so that you don't mind monologue at all.

I still liked that FFX had the 'press X to shut me up' option, though I never use it.

Lindy
06-16-2005, 04:17 AM
Tales of Symphonia only had the characters talking, nothing describing what they were doing actually, there was no "narrator", so don't talk rubbish.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Tales of Symphonia only had the characters talking, nothing describing what they were doing actually, there was no "narrator", so don't talk rubbish.

A narrotor is not required for a monologue.

I've not played ToS, so I can't make a judgement on whether it contains excessive monologues and/or soliloquies or not.

Morrowind can get excessive with the old speech sometimes, usually when you talk to plot characters, or savants. Still, most stuff is useful to know.

But in truth, I can't call to mind any games with an actual monoloque or soliloquy. I suppose the 'inspirational speech' one encounters can come close, but that's about it.