PDA

View Full Version : Price

Irvine78
06-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Bluntly, how much money is this game monthly and is it worth it? I just got a new PC (Sony Viao RB, expanded from 512 MB RAM to 2 GB, added ATI Radeon X700 Pro graphics card) and I want a good MMORPG...is this it?

Nightsintodreams
06-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, it depends.

If you are looking for a time sinker, then this is the game for you. I have played since June 5th of last year, and I am only level 61 WHM. It took me a month to get my full Artifact Gear (really good stuff), and I am still working to complete my missions/ZMs/PMs even after all that time.

The exp grind is literally a grind. It takes a while to level up here, expecially level 51+

But is it worth it?

Oh definately. The people that I have met playing I have gotten to know really well, and have even talked to (and met) outside of the game a precious few of them. Granted, we have our jerks, but any MMO you play has that.

I have tried WoW, EQ, and EQ2...and out of all of them I have to say that I still keep coming back to FFXI.

Hope that helps you out!

Duane3.0
06-24-2005, 06:38 PM
I think it is well worth it, as long as you have some friends or a good linkshell to hang with it's pretty good. Otherwise it gets kinda repetitive. But if you can't make any friends on the game (which seems to always happen automatically...) then mmogs of any kind just aren't your type of game. But yea it really is worth it. If you decide to get it you'll probably be able to get one of the people in this linkshell to get you one and a worldpass to our world if you want. (see link below).