PDA

View Full Version : Theories

Shin Gouken
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Does anyone want to test my theory???

Shinryu has 51000 MP. I want to see if he can be defeated by attacking his MP before attacking his HP. "Magic hammer" (blue magic learned from either biblos world one or drippy world 2) halves the MP of its target. Combining this with time magic "Quick" would let you use "magic hammer" 8 times in your first turn. After a little calculation it seems Shinryu would be left with 199 MP. (Still enough to kick your arse??????) After a couple more and the bastid wont be able to use nout but basic attacks (still pretty damn strong tho :S)

But ive never used "Magic hammer" and dont know if it would work on a boss or how high a success rate it has

Chris
06-16-2005, 01:55 PM
You know there's a really simple way to go about this problem.
You just have to: find out for yourself.

Master.Pug
06-16-2005, 02:13 PM
there is a pretty quick trick ;) it works quick and quicker than your quick could do

Shin Gouken
06-16-2005, 02:33 PM
there is a pretty quick trick ;) it works quick and quicker than your quick could do

you mean casting beserk on him? doesnt beserk also increase the targets pysical power too? i cast beserk on omniscient once lol but that bastard hits damn hard and i decided it was easier to let him use magic.

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2005, 08:02 PM
thats how i beat atma weopon on FF6.i never knew it worked on other bosses too.

Ciretho
06-21-2005, 09:01 AM
If you cast berserk on him and used either twin or blink on your own characters, his physical attacks would probably miss. That way you can avoid the powerful physical attacks. simple.

Shin Gouken
06-21-2005, 09:46 AM
casting blink or twin takes a turn to cast :S i was thinkin along the lines of equiping weapons,relics and abilities that randomly evade attacks, like the defender, genji/crystal shields, the ability sword grab and a mirage vest per player 2.

im hopin that if i hold masamune and beserk him before his initial tidal wave then i can equip the mirage vests where the aqua rings shud be

eestlinc
06-23-2005, 06:39 AM
magic hammer works decently against Ozma in FF9 so why not against Shinryuu?

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 06:43 AM
I say your stratagy is so crazy it just might work Besides what have you got to lose? give it a shot I think the feeling of secess you will get from winning useing your own stratagy will be well worth the time invested. good luck. ^^

Shin Gouken
06-23-2005, 01:15 PM
i love coming up with strategies for bosses. i personally see ff5 as more of a strategy game than an rpg becoz of its job system. ive found ways of killin 90% of bosses in one turn. im def gunna try taking shinryu this way. i want to be able to defeat him without Sshot (x-fight) jump or redx2

boys from the dwarf
06-24-2005, 06:38 PM
if you do beserk shinryu and any boss who is affected by it s/he will only attack one character at a time so its a good strategy

Del Murder
06-25-2005, 07:56 AM
casting blink or twin takes a turn to cast :S i was thinkin along the lines of equiping weapons,relics and abilities that randomly evade attacks, like the defender, genji/crystal shields, the ability sword grab and a mirage vest per player 2.

im hopin that if i hold masamune and beserk him before his initial tidal wave then i can equip the mirage vests where the aqua rings shud be
Or you can just cast Golem.

Shin Gouken
06-25-2005, 05:42 PM

Or you can just cast Golem.

yis, wearing mirage vests and holding all weapons with high evade and randomly blocking attacks is the preperation for the battle. then have character A) hold masamune, cast "quick" summon golem then beserk shinryu and then see what attacks i can put together. give me the weekend and i'll post my findings :P

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 01:32 AM
You know there's a really simple way to go about this problem.
You just have to: find out for yourself.
Wow your harsh chris. Try going to an FAQ walkthrough. Like.....CheatCC!!! Yeah thats it!! CheatCC...

http://cheatcc.com/psx/sg/final_fantasy_5.txt

Or you can use this websites walkthrough...

Shin Gouken
06-27-2005, 12:10 PM
LOL i wasnt having trouble defeating shinryu, i beat him on level 47 using magic offense and physical offense type strategies and i was lookin for a new way to beat him.

And it turns out this way actually made shinryu EASY! i wanna try beating him on level 30 with that method coz i have no doubts it can be done. (i was on level 48 for this method)

you cant really lose. have your 1st character hold masamune, cast beserk on shinryu and then cast haste2. all your characters will attack before shinryu. put up golem and attack a couple of times. in his first attack he will most likely miss if you have the genji/crystal shields, mirage vests and defender blades equipped ect so dont even need to re-cast golem. on your next turn try to steal from him or hit him some more. if he manages to break golem just re-cast him. you cant actually lose

Ultima Shadow
06-27-2005, 04:46 PM
magic hammer works decently against Ozma in FF9 so why not against Shinryuu?
Because Magic Hammer ALWAYS works in FFIX. In FFV it may miss... and I've found it to be extremely hard to hit Shinryuu and Omega with these kind of moves. :greenie: