PDA

View Full Version : Names.

Social Moon Firesky
06-16-2005, 02:31 PM
What's your ideal name? What's your middle name(s)? How do you pronounce them? What do they mean?

My middle names are Fern and Linnéa. Fern is pronounced 'fu-rn' and Linnéa is pronounced 'li-nay-ah'. It's Norwegian, and means 'lime tree', which is the national plant of Sweden. That makes sense, considering I was born there. And Fern is a type of bracken.

My ideal name is probably something like: Charybdis Selphie Artemis Fern Linnéa Sekhmet Bastet. :D

Resha
06-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Resha. xD I wish.

Edit: Ooh, didn't read it properly. xD Silly me. My ideal name? Resha. My middle name? Don't have one. My name is Pooja. :( I don't like it very much; but whatever goes. It means "Prayer" or um...yeah. It means that. :)

My name is...something..?
06-16-2005, 02:45 PM
My middle name is Lee. One syllable.
My ideal name?
Um...Phoenix Darksky, aka The Rage. :love:
But seriously, Leionne is my ideal first name.
I love my last name and middle name so I wouldn't change those.

Cruise Control
06-16-2005, 02:46 PM
My middle name is Lewis, my first name is Christopher. I'm named after a saint that I think it's catholics pray to before a journey, to grant them safe travel. I'm named after the god of travel insurance *cries*

Levian
06-16-2005, 02:47 PM
My middle name is Daniel, which means God likes to wear lingerie or God is my judge or something along those lines. My ideal name would be FERRET. *bites*

Devourment
06-16-2005, 02:55 PM
My first name is Joshua. That's Josh-u-a. It *apparently* means 'The Judge', though I'm not counting on it, it's just what my Mum said. My middle name is Aidan which is said Aid-en. & my Mum siad that means 'The Golden One', hmph, all lies I tell you, all lies. Finally my last name is Peel That's Pe-al :cry:

Joshua is a Jewish name, Aidan is Irish, I *think*. & I think Peel is... Well, I don't know what the hell that is.

Rusty
06-16-2005, 02:56 PM
My middle name is Maree - it's fairly easy to pronounce - and my first name is Chloe. My middle name comes from the name Mary, which means 'Bitter Sea' and my first name Chloe means 'Blooming, young verdant and green shoot'.

I love my names, so they are my ideal names :)

Cruise Control
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Peel, maybe your parents like bannanas??? But your mom is right about the name meanings.

Devourment
06-16-2005, 03:14 PM
:mad2: Don't call me that, & you should of spoilered it. & don't take the *wee-wee*.

*Bops BBomber72,000,000,000,000,000*

ZuZu
06-16-2005, 03:16 PM
My middle names are Leena and Karoliina. ( Susanna Leena Karoliina )
lee-na ka-ro-lii-na :D

Ideal name...um, Shushannah, maybe :cool:
Shushannah means lily. :love:
But I like my real name...

Dr.K
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
My middle name's Valentine. Y'know, that one day everyone gets really over-excited about every year? Got alot of stick for it when I was younger, and but my older siblings assured me that when I got older, everyone would think it was cool, which has, against all my expectations, came true.
My first name's Mike, and I don't really have an ideal name. I'll stay put.

gokufusionss1
06-16-2005, 03:53 PM
My first name is John which means god is merciful Jo-han say it fast
and my middle name is Christopher which means christ bearer Cris-toe-fer

44 caliber
06-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't have a middle name. Ideally, I would be named Hugh Jazz, or something of the sort. :aimsun:

Zeldy
06-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Amy (ay-me) Catherine (Cath-err-ine) Burrows (Burr-ows) I dont really like my second name, Burrows takes ages to write ;__;

'Mimi Lauri Linksys'

(Lauri said Low-ree xD)
(Linksys said Link-syees

smittenkitten
06-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Well my middle name is Alexandria that's Al-ex-san-drea i hate it it's named after a pub in Newcastle :greenie: My nik-name that everyone call's me from Usa to NewZealand is Flufy don't ask have been called it for years now..and Flufy is my ideal name hehe :skull7:..xXx....

Hawkeye
06-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Dont have a middle name. Ideal name would be Lorenzo, buts thats me already :)

remi07
06-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Middle name is Delaney(dee-lane-ee), its Irish-Gaelic and mean "descendent of the challenger", and the reason my parents made that as my middle name was to name me after my great grandmother. I would rather have that as my first name, but my ideal name is Raina, Sunny, or Sky.
And RYE, Michelle, or Michele, is Hebrew and means "who is like the Lord?", that's just what my baby name book says.

boris no no
06-16-2005, 05:35 PM
my real names Ruth which means friend and compassion...i like it as its individual. i know very few ruths. Its a Hebrew name. oooooo plus i have a whole book in the bible! xD dunno what its about...
my middle name is Charlotte which means Little and Womanly...hahahahahahahahahahahaha thats so great
and my surname is Downes which means.....well the english version means dweller by a hill...but mines irish which says its something to do with a lymeric??? i'm a poem?
anywhos! now you know my name!! :)

Shoeberto
06-16-2005, 05:53 PM
My middle name is Benjamin. My dad chose it after good ol' Ben Franklin.

My first name is fine. At least it's unique. I just hate when people spell it in the bastardized way, which is so obviously wrong that I cannot begin to comprehend its level of incorrectitude.

44 caliber
06-16-2005, 06:09 PM

My first name is fine. At least it's unique. I just hate when people spell it in the bastardized way, which is so obviously wrong that I cannot begin to comprehend its level of incorrectitude.
Stew?

rubah
06-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm happy with my name, especially the first two bits, but I think I'd really be happier if my last name *was* Captain MorganX.x;

I dunno what Idonna means. that or I forgot. one site claims 'industrious worker'

And after about fifteen minutes of googling I have decided to stop for a while and admit the futility.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-16-2005, 06:15 PM
First name Robert: "Shining or bright with fame" and then my middle name is David "beloved one" My last name Noble means well, it is a a word... My ideal name is anything but my first name...

Shoeberto
06-16-2005, 06:22 PM

Stew?
You die now!

44 caliber
06-16-2005, 06:26 PM

Stew?
You die now!
I was just asking. :( :( :( :(

Cruise Control
06-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Dont have a middle name. Ideal name would be Lorenzo, buts thats me already
In spanish class, we had spanish names we were referred to by, and mine was Lorenzo!

Dr. K (or was it J?)
Verifieed my earlier statement with this http://www.catholicfreeshipping.com/Products/cfs_gensym-409.html
I was right...

Do not double post. ~ Leeza

DMKA
06-17-2005, 12:21 AM
My first name is John (how unique).

My middle name is...............Edward. -_________-

My ideal name is Shanaynay Magillacutty.

Kirobaito
06-17-2005, 12:27 AM
My ideal name would be any one but the one I have. At least, when it comes to first names. I don't like mine at all (Casey).

My middle name is Daniel.

Apollo
06-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I have two middle names, William and Clark, but I usually just use William. :)
My full name: Thomas William Clark Scharnweber jr. It's weird... o_o

My ideal name... I don't know. :p

Sepho
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
My middle name is John, and it doesn't mean anything. Both Timothy and John are biblical names, but my mom's an atheist and my dad isn't at all religious. I was named after my dad, so that explains the first name, but I've no idea why they chose John. I guess they liked the sound of it.

Spammerman
06-17-2005, 01:07 AM
My name is Alexander Rene Cuadrado.Rene is pronounced Re-neigh

Cuchulainn
06-17-2005, 01:09 AM
My middle names are Francis Pio....

http://www.bluealbino.com/syp/images/homer-dance.gif

Social Moon Firesky
06-17-2005, 01:28 PM
My first name is Catherine, which is Greek for 'pure'. Pfeh! That's anything but me! I don't really like it though, 'cos my middle names are unusual, but Catherine's kinda ordinary...:( So that's why I shorten it to Kitty. :cat:

Shauna
06-17-2005, 06:18 PM
My first name is Shauna... its an Irish name of something... Meh.

Pronouce it however you want, but properly its said:

Sh-aw-na

;)

DreamingOfDreams
06-17-2005, 06:24 PM
My name is Jasmine Victoria Noble-Shelley. It means Plant form the olive family, Victorios, Noble, Medow on a ledge. Really odd name, isn't it? My ideal name would be Breeze (if you can count that as a name.)

Shin Gouken
06-17-2005, 06:28 PM
My real name is Ricky Antony Hudson. Its simple, its boring and its getting changed sometime in the near future