PDA

View Full Version : FF on Xbox

Delta
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Sqaure are making FF11 on Xbox for XBL and then a Exclusivexbox FF what are your thought's on this?.(I smell a debate or do I?)

rubah
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't buy an xbox if you paid me for it.

Or maybe I would, then I'd sell it and make even more money!:D

Alexander
06-16-2005, 07:09 PM
XBox-only FF?

I HIGHLY doubt that. Seriously. o_O

DJZen
06-16-2005, 08:21 PM
I have no opinion on this. Have one would be sheer folly.

XxSephirothxX
06-16-2005, 08:47 PM
There's no "Xbox Only FF" to my knowledge. There are the Mistalker games, but that's a different story. And, honestly, who cares about it being on the Xbox? SquareEnix is a third-party company, they can make games for whoever they want.

Eternal Dark Night
06-17-2005, 01:26 AM
well i have to go with him cuz well i have an Xbox to play Halo 2 of course.

squareSOFT
06-17-2005, 03:41 AM
I dont care if it is crappy ole microsoft, I will buy anthing just to get a new ff.

Yuffie514
06-17-2005, 07:08 AM
ain't gonna get another FFXI just b/c it'll be on XBOX. i pray Heaven don't let Square-Enix become a bigger money-humper and completely move to XBOX. i spend on PS and i will stay with PS!

Sepho
06-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Square-Enix is a corporate entity, and you can't fault it for wanting to make money, especially when hundreds of people have jobs because of them. That's what businesses do, folks.

I haven't heard of an FF-exclusive XBox title, either, but porting FFXI to another platform with a solid online community isn't a bad decision. I own an XBox, but I still probably won't get FFXI. Offering the choice to an even wider range of gamers can only be good news, though.

Sakaguchi's Mistwalker studio is signed on to release some games for the Microsoft machine, and I'd imagine that choice has something to do with the impressive technological freedom the new XBox offers. Also remember that the 360 is due out at the end of the year, with the competing consoles set for a release sometime after. It makes sense to develop games for the console that's going to make you money (read: the one that's actually on the market). I'm only speculating here.

RedCydranth
06-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Im very Anti-XBox. If any FF is exclusively XBox I'll get very angry. However FFX was exclusive PS and FFCC is exclusive GC, so to say its unthinkable is wrong, I just won't like the idea.

Delta
06-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Square-Enix is a corporate entity, and you can't fault it for wanting to make money, especially when hundreds of people have jobs because of them. That's what businesses do, folks.

I haven't heard of an FF-exclusive XBox title, either, but porting FFXI to another platform with a solid online community isn't a bad decision. I own an XBox, but I still probably won't get FFXI. Offering the choice to an even wider range of gamers can only be good news, though.

Sakaguchi's Mistwalker studio is signed on to release some games for the Microsoft machine, and I'd imagine that choice has something to do with the impressive technological freedom the new XBox offers. Also remember that the 360 is due out at the end of the year, with the competing consoles set for a release sometime after. It makes sense to develop games for the console that's going to make you money (read: the one that's actually on the market). I'm only speculating here.

The other consoles are coming out next year in spring and bill gates has panned to release Halo 3 the very day PS3 comes out.
All that's been told about the FF Xbox game is that the main character is very DEEp in other words a really good backround.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Being "deep" and being "utterly cliche" can often be one and the same.

I've no intention of buying an XBox 360 unless they have enough games that I wish to purchase. One decent RPG isn't necessarily enough for me, but if they get a good amount of Xbox-only titles, sure, I'll get one. After I buy a PS3 and probably after I buy a Revolutions. You buy the systems that have the games you want.

Robesphere
06-19-2005, 01:31 AM
It appears to be pretty normal that FFXI is going to be released on the X-box while it has already been released on PC,- every 2nd game on PC has done that.

Actually I don't suspect the following FF games to be published on the X-box. Square Enix has not shown up with risk lately. I mean, they are doing this whole "Compilation of FF7" stuff to have the money save in their pockets. A second thing would be the fact that Sony helped them out, as things went bad, FF the spirits within for example.

Was that understandable? ^^'

Rostum
06-19-2005, 01:10 PM
All that's been told about the FF Xbox game is that the main character is very DEEp in other words a really good backround.

FFXI is the only FF I've heard about being released on xbox360. I know Mistwalker are making some RPG's for it, but as far as I know they aren't called Final Fantasy.

FFXI has been on PS2 for a few years now, and is also on the PC. It's just a port to the xbox. I don't really mind, I still enjoy my PC version and wouldn't even waste getting an xbox version even if the graphics were improved.

Delta
06-19-2005, 05:48 PM
And the extras.. :roll:

fainaru
06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
FF on XBox = crap
Why the hell would they do that...

DMKA
06-22-2005, 04:11 AM
I wonder if when FF went from SNES to PSX rather than N64 a bunch of people said "OMG THAT IS STUPID AND GHEY AND WHY DO THAT I AM NEVER BUYING ANYMORE!!1"

Hmm.

RedCydranth
06-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Actually, yes. A lot of people disliked the ditching of Nintendo to go with Sony, but at that time people saw the superiority of the Playstation to the N64 and couldn't blame them. Like I said above, its not an implausible thought, just one that many would disapprove of.

Delta, Why don't you show your source about the X-Box FF game. Not FFXI, but the other exclusive one. I think most of us who travel in the circle of FF would have heard this announcement and gotten a bigger buzz.

For some reason certain consoles do better with RPGs than others. SNES was superior to Genesis for the most part. Aside from the Phantasy Star series, no genesis RPG made a huge splash on the gaming world. Sure Shining Force (a personal favorite, btw) and Landstalker were great, but hardly top names ever during their time. SNES had Final Fantasy II and III (IV & VI), Breath of Fire I and II, Secret of Mana and Evermore and several others. Then came Playstation and N64. Playstation took over as the top RPG system, as Io can only think of one actual RPG on the N64, Quest 64. Technically Harvest Moon 64 too, but HM is not truly RPG like I think of it. In the next generation of consoles, PS2, GC and XBox, PS2 still leads the charge with FF, Suikoden III and IV, Xenosaga I & II, Star Ocean III. GameCube comes up second with FFCC, Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia. XBox has... Fable? Pshhh.

Because of the trends in RPGs, we RPG fans don't want to jump to a new system that before wasn't RPG sturdy. After the SNES/PS switch we were reliant on Sony for our RPG needs. And since they have shown reliability, we want to see them continue on that system. Its not that XBox sucks, its that they haven't shown the ability to hold a good RPG yet. Until someone designs a few good RPGs on that system, we won't be eager to jump to it. I bought a GC before CC came out because of Windwaker and Animal Crossing, and it just so happened that Skies of Arcadia came out that same week (I know its a remake from Dreamcast, which, like the genesis had poor RPG ability). What I can't see is Squaresoft going from tried and true Playstation to uncharted, untested waters of XBox. PS3 will be just like PS2 and PS1, the ability to play previous games on that system is a big deal to many, the graphics on the PS3 will be better than on PS2 and still have the same reliability. I don't know the differences mechanically of XBox 360 versus PS3 versus Revolution, but Im sure they aren't so outstanding that the switch is an absolute must for them. The switch from SNES to Ps was soley based on the fact that with multiple CDs you can hold a much larger game than on a cartridge. Since XBox 360 holds no overly neccessary trump card over the competition, i do not see why a switch should be made.

beaglegod
06-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Actualy what I read in the july issue of Gameinformer was that Hironobu Sakaguchi creator of FF was making two RPGs for Xbox360 "Lost Odessey" and "Blue Dragon". Nobuo Uematsu would be doing the music for both games, as for an actual FF title besides XI Ive not heard.

I would be pissed however if Square Enix made an exclusive FF title for Xbox, not so much because I hate microsoft, but wrather because being a Square fan on a limited budget I dont wanna shell out money for 2 $300+ systems. I like it just the way it is now. One box with all my RPGs.

Lon611
06-25-2005, 04:53 AM
I would be pissed however if Square Enix made an exclusive FF title for Xbox, not so much because I hate microsoft, but wrather because being a Square fan on a limited budget I dont wanna shell out money for 2 $300+ systems. I like it just the way it is now. One box with all my RPGs....

imho, i agree with beaglegod, but i wudn't mind it. i definitely wouldn't spend the extra dough to play it, but it would be nice for it to be around.

FoxHoundx25
06-26-2005, 03:07 AM
here's how i rank good old x-box

1) dog crap
2) piss
3) cheap camel piss
4) that stuff on my shower curtain
5) basket ball
6) marching bands
7) playing x-box
8) being eaten alive by ants

yes yes i know, some of you are wondering why i ranked it above beaing eaten alive by ants, but really it's a close call...the only reason i put the x-box above it is because i figure i MIGHT be able to regain my dignity after seeing an x-box and not pissing on it.......i know that the last few FF have been going down hill, but are they getting so horrible that they belong on a system like the x-box......that's like taking a porsche engine and making it fit in a mustang...it just doesnt belong there, it's too good for it......................to the person who said something about playing halo 2, then adding an "of corse" as if it didnt need to be said, screw off....halo and halo too wouldnt be that bad really, if it weren't for the peter puffer homo's that play it....but if you're gonna talk about a game the legally rapes its competators, go buy a copy of TSFP, after, a hard game is a good game

Lon611
06-26-2005, 06:19 AM
hey hey hey, dog piss is better than basketball?
please.

TheAbominatrix
06-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Actualy what I read in the july issue of Gameinformer was that Hironobu Sakaguchi creator of FF was making two RPGs for Xbox360 "Lost Odessey" and "Blue Dragon". Nobuo Uematsu would be doing the music for both games, as for an actual FF title besides XI Ive not heard.

That's the Mistwalker studios deal everyone has been mentioning. Sakaguchi and Uematsu no longer work for SE.

FoxHoundx25
06-26-2005, 03:15 PM
hey hey hey, dog piss is better than basketball?
please.

alright, i'd bet money you like basketball don't ya? well this just proves supports what im saying, now i can understand if you heard me talking about it somewhere, then the next day you asked me if it was worse than "Dog piss" but how can you screw up when you read it 5 seconds ago....dog piss is nowhere on my list, pay attention

ljkkjlcm9
07-05-2005, 05:36 AM
The switch from SNES to Ps was soley based on the fact that with multiple CDs you can hold a much larger game than on a cartridge.

actually one of the main reasons Square switched to the PS is that Nintendo and Square got into a little bicker and Square said hey, we'll go with Sony... cause actually Sony was originally supposed to be a part of Nintendo as well. I mean Square was making tests for the N64 and then the whole little disagreement happened and poof! they vanished. Sadly for me too... cause I love nintendo, but Tales of Symphonia was definitely one of the best RPG's I've ever played...

THE JACKEL