Ars Arcanum
Ragnarok

Hint 2) IT IS ESSENTIAL that you have the following abilities equipped:
Second Chance
Strike Raid
MP Rage
MP Haste

Hint 3) Customize Sora so Aer/o/a/aga is on triangle and cur/e/a/aga is on x
Hint 4) Equip as many Gaia bangles as you have, if you want synthesize more and equip them
Hint 5) Have as many elixers as possible (you can synth them)
Hint 6) Turn the sound up loud!
Hint 7) Whenever you land three hits , he will teleport, use dodge roll, and LOCK ON IMMEDIATELY.
Hint 8) When you lock on, if he's standing in a corner USE STRIKE RAID AS FAST AS YOU CAN, if not, continue beating the crap out of him
Hint 9) Also use strike raid THE SECOND you hear SIN HARVEST (you turned up the sound, so it shouldn't be hard to hear)
Hint 10) If glowy stuff appears above your head it's too late, your going to get hit, sin harvest WILL kill you, UNLESS you have second chance equipped
Hint 11) If you get hit, don't jump to dodge, or use Gurad, or do anything fancy, just dodge roll away and use an elixir.
Hint 12) IF you hit him before the glowy stuff shows above Sora's head, continue strike raid, because he will be summoning pillars of flame
Hint 13) Don't use Aer/o/a/aga until he floats up and starts glowing, the screen changes color, and he starts flying around, because if you do it before, you'll take less damage, and youll get less MP from MP Rage, and you need MP for healing with cur/e/a/aga and Strike Raid
Hint 14) If you lose, and you used an elixer, reset (so you get it back)and try again
Hint 15) When he gets mad and flies around, cast aer/o/ra/raga and beat the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of him using cur/e/a/aga when necessary.
That is all, good luck!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-17-2005, 12:56 AM
good job

Cruise Control
06-17-2005, 02:43 AM
:D I know :D

Lord Xehanort
06-17-2005, 03:01 AM
How many times have I told people this???? Did you just steal my guide?

Cruise Control
06-17-2005, 03:03 AM
No, where is your guide?
Never mind, I just had I just had the forum set to all within the last ten days, I couldn't see any of your guides like that, I guess it's just really good advice.

Lord Xehanort
06-18-2005, 02:51 AM
The only differences from your guide and mine is that I never used Strike Raid or Aero/a/ga... not once in the game. Oh, and I used Guard against him all the time, Countering also. But most of these things are identical. It's about time beating Sephiroth became common knowledge. When KH first came out, Square said that you needed to be at Level 100 to even stand a chance. *laughs* *beat Sephy at Level 65 on Expert Mode*

Cruise Control
06-18-2005, 03:26 AM
I could do it at 50 lol, but I'm skilled like that, yes, it's important not to use aer/o/a/aga until he gets really pissed off and flies around, and guard is very good, I just listed things you MUST have un/equiped, anything else is welcome to.

Is it just me, or that when he starts to use Sin Harvest, he seems to get faster??

Destai
06-18-2005, 11:43 AM
I didnt need a guide to win :tongue: bow before me!

Lord Xehanort
06-19-2005, 12:42 AM

Neither did I. I created a guide based on my godly skills.

He does get faster as he uses Heartless Angel/what some mortals call 'Sin Harvest'. Can you beat him at Level 50 on Expert Mode, Quickman? Do you really think you have those kind of skillz?

MoonZapdos
06-19-2005, 01:14 AM
1) Some Elixirs
2) That swinging keyblade attack that I forgot the name
3) Ultima Weapon

sayen
06-19-2005, 01:24 AM
i did it about level 50 i had 2 omega bangles equipped and most of the skills and a few elixar and a mega elixer. i thought you could fight him as a team. i thought he dropped a meteor on your head when he had a certain amunt of hp. oh and i kept aero up all time and used oblition.

sin harvest doesn't kill you straight away it takes your HPto1 and your MPto0.
and i had omega bangles equiped,areoga is essental,as is curaga,ultima weapon.

Don't double post.

~Void

disapointedchild
06-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Hmp, I beat him with just the regular original keyblade you first get at the beginning of the game. You dont really need elixers if your fast enough.

Oh nad mp rage helps a lot. Since sepheroth hits you a lot it fill up really fast helping cast aeroga and curaga a lot.

Destai
06-19-2005, 11:55 AM

Neither did I. I created a guide based on my godly skills.

He does get faster as he uses Heartless Angel/what some mortals call 'Sin Harvest'. Can you beat him at Level 50 on Expert Mode, Quickman? Do you really think you have those kind of skillz?Im too godly to respond *IGNORES*

Dreddz
06-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Nice runthrough, I never ever got to beating Sephiroth

Cruise Control
06-19-2005, 09:11 PM
He does get faster as he uses Heartless Angel/what some mortals call 'Sin Harvest'. Can you beat him at Level 50 on Expert Mode, Quickman? Do you really think you have those kind of skillz?

I haven't played begginer yet, so yes I posses mad skilz yo! After playing low level (about 30), I have mastered the use of Dodge roll, so, if it's possible to avoid with dodge roll, I WILL avoid it.

Lord Xehanort
06-20-2005, 01:45 AM
There is no beginner mode. Only Normal and Expert. Sephiroth laughs at Dodge Roll... so does his bus-sized Masamune. And Heratless Angel cannot be dodged, it can only be prevented, by beating him mercilessly when the summon starts.

Cruise Control
06-20-2005, 02:08 AM
There is no beginner mode. Only Normal and Expert.
Begginer, or Normal, its the same frickin thing, incredibly easy to beat!

Sephiroth laughs at Dodge Roll... so does his bus-sized Masamune.
I know, Holy Christ, could ti be any bigger, dodge roll is only good for getting out of his flame when I am dumb enough to madly charge him, orrolling back to dodge an attack, then rolling back in to get close quick.

And Heratless Angel cannot be dodged, it can only be prevented, by beating him mercilessly when the summon starts.
I reccomended strike raid to prevent it, or if you have a fetish for sonic blade like I do, sonic works, but only 1/4 as often.

Lord Xehanort
06-20-2005, 02:13 AM
I hate Strike Raid and Sonic Blade and Trinity Limit and Ragnarok and Ars arcanum and any other 'special things' I forgot. I just Superglide in and smack him across the face. Then I apologize because it's a sin to ruin such sexiness.

SEPHIROTH! WHY CAN'T I MARRY YOOOOUUUUU!!????!!

Cruise Control
06-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Okay.... *runs and hides* But seriously, it should be illegal to smack sephiroth and, to attack bahamut in 10-2, they should have a special device in controllers that electrocutes you every time you commit such an atrocity

seiritroth2
06-20-2005, 06:09 AM
first off.... didnt you forget to add how to beat him at the end? you stopped before you got to that part :confused: if you did put that in your guide please point it out.

Skyblade
06-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Please. Sephiroth is actually ridiculously simple once you know his pattern. I can defeat him without unequiping any abilities. I don't even bother changing my equipment, I just go in with what I always wear. I start out with Strike Raid. I use it every time he creates a column of flame, and continue to use it until he switches to phase two. When he attacks with his Masamune, I either keep out of range, or I use Guard. When he switches to the second phase, I attack him until he disappears, and then immediately retarget him and keep hitting. When he disappears he usually hits me, but getting hit once is nothing. I Glide or Superglide over to him (depending on whether or not I have Superglide when I face him) whenever he uses Sin Harvest and just beat the living crud out of him. Omnislash is simple to stop. Properly timed use of Guard will stop every one of the sword strikes. When phase three starts, I avoid Supernova and then concentrate on hitting him. Guard also stops his spinning sword strike, and his energy orbs are simple to jump over (or drop under, if you are already in the air). Granted, it took me a long time to kill him the first time I tried, but I did it without a guide and now I never have a problem facing him.

seiritroth2
06-20-2005, 07:04 AM
i didnt need to know how Ive already beaten sephirothlike 20 times. I just wanted to know why he left that part out of the guide. and im not trying to act like god. ( i think you were calling me that, i couldnt tell because it was in the middle of the guide)

Skyblade
06-20-2005, 07:12 AM
i didnt need to know how Ive already beaten sephirothlike 20 times. I just wanted to know why he left that part out of the guide. and im not trying to act like god. ( i think you were calling me that, i couldnt tell because it was in the middle of the guide)

(Actually, I was talking to Ansem. I said that because of his little "mortals" quip)

Destai
06-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Please. Sephiroth is actually ridiculously simple once you know his pattern. I can defeat him without unequiping any abilities. I don't even bother changing my equipment, I just go in with what I always wear. I start out with Strike Raid. I use it every time he creates a column of flame, and continue to use it until he switches to phase two. When he attacks with his Masamune, I either keep out of range, or I use Guard. When he switches to the second phase, I attack him until he disappears, and then immediately retarget him and keep hitting. When he disappears he usually hits me, but getting hit once is nothing. I Glide or Superglide over to him (depending on whether or not I have Superglide when I face him) whenever he uses Sin Harvest (I can live with the gay comments [although I don't like them], but try to pass yourself off as a superior being and I won't react well. You're not immortal: you're just a little freak who is so obsessed with the game that you try to pass yourself off as the main villain [considering how pathetic that main villain is, I'm surprised anyone would bother]. That's all. You're not a god, you're not remotely superior in intelligence or playing ability to most of the people on these forums, so shut up, stop acting so high and mighty, and get over yourself) and just beat the living crud out of him. Omnislash is simple to stop. Properly timed use of Guard will stop every one of the sword strikes. When phase three starts, I avoid Supernova and then concentrate on hitting him. Guard also stops his spinning sword strike, and his energy orbs are simple to jump over (or drop under, if you are already in the air). Granted, it took me a long time to kill him the first time I tried, but I did it without a guide and now I never have a problem facing him.Take a pill.

ChaosCalibur
06-21-2005, 03:05 AM
I did it with a kindgom keyblade some omega arts and no items, ha ha

Lord Xehanort
06-21-2005, 03:07 AM
What level?

ChaosCalibur
06-21-2005, 03:08 AM
...100 :(

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Please. Sephiroth is actually ridiculously simple once you know his pattern. I can defeat him without unequiping any abilities. I don't even bother changing my equipment, I just go in with what I always wear. I start out with Strike Raid. I use it every time he creates a column of flame, and continue to use it until he switches to phase two. When he attacks with his Masamune, I either keep out of range, or I use Guard. When he switches to the second phase, I attack him until he disappears, and then immediately retarget him and keep hitting. When he disappears he usually hits me, but getting hit once is nothing. I Glide or Superglide over to him (depending on whether or not I have Superglide when I face him) whenever he uses Sin Harvest and just beat the living crud out of him. Omnislash is simple to stop. Properly timed use of Guard will stop every one of the sword strikes. When phase three starts, I avoid Supernova and then concentrate on hitting him. Guard also stops his spinning sword strike, and his energy orbs are simple to jump over (or drop under, if you are already in the air). Granted, it took me a long time to kill him the first time I tried, but I did it without a guide and now I never have a problem facing him.

now thats how i play :)

Vengence
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
i did it about level 50 i had 2 omega bangles equipped and most of the skills and a few elixar and a mega elixer. i thought you could fight him as a team. i thought he dropped a meteor on your head when he had a certain amunt of hp. oh and i kept aero up all time and used oblition.

sin harvest doesn't kill you straight away it takes your HPto1 and your MPto0.
and i had omega bangles equiped,areoga is essental,as is curaga,ultima weapon.

Don't double post.

~Void

LEVEL 50!?!? Damn, you must be good. I had a hard time when I was in the 70's!

Also, I had a guide too but....it didn't really tell me how to beat Sephiroth...It just said that it's reccomended that you be on at least level 70 before you fight him and that's all. Talk about a cheap guide! :rolleyes2

sayen
06-25-2005, 01:53 AM
i had some practice level 50 i might have exagarated a bit i got about level 50-60 when i thought sephiy with only the black chocobo keyblade and only aero defence spell.

Cruise Control
06-25-2005, 04:21 AM
I beat him lvl 50 expert mode, but im awesome with dodge roll so.

NorthernChaosGod
06-25-2005, 11:51 PM
i beat him at level 55. it was kinda hard. i ended up using only Elixer. i used Strike Raid and the usual stuff to beat him. and patience

yuffielover
07-04-2005, 05:30 AM
I beat him once without armor, accessories, abilities and without taking damage! Really difficult. Even cooler was that I did not have Sora's ultimate weapon!

SquallxLeon
07-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I beat him once without armor, accessories, abilities and without taking damage! Really difficult. Even cooler was that I did not have Sora's ultimate weapon!

Sora's ultima weapon isn't THAT strong and it doesn't make much of a difference. You could use the kingdom key and beat sephiroth. I'd just use lionheart or oblivion to kill Sephiroth. You don't need armour, accessories, or abilities however that would make it pretty hard. All you need is skills and maybe Elixers if you get hit by Sin Harvest.

Cruise Control
07-22-2005, 11:51 PM
But strike raid helps prevent Sin harves, so I agree with you on almost all accounts, except abilities.

DoUBelieveInChrist
07-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Sora's ultima weapon isn't THAT strong and it doesn't make much of a difference. You could use the kingdom key and beat sephiroth. I'd just use lionheart or oblivion to kill Sephiroth. You don't need armour, accessories, or abilities however that would make it pretty hard. All you need is skills and maybe Elixers if you get hit by Sin Harvest.

ya but the ultimate weapon... ummm... it uhh... IT SPARKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(onlly advantage on the ultimate weapon)

Taiyou
07-24-2005, 09:37 PM
See, I just dove right into him with the stuff I had. All my usual abilities equipped and my usual armor and whatnot. I think I had Ultima Weapon by then, but I don't remember if I was in the 70s or 80s. Just slashed and dodged and cured. It actually sort of reminds me of Ultimecia from FFVIII in the way that he's not HARD, he just has a lot of HP.

Also - before I even beat him, I have a friend that had never played the game before beat him when I know I was in the late 60s or early 70s level wise. He got really pissed off because he couldn't beat him. Stereo surround sound on and about 10 tries later, he beat him.