PDA

View Full Version : For all you jesus lovers, THiS IS YOUR SONG!

Hroth
06-17-2005, 12:45 AM
I was listening to some music station a while ago and this song came on. They said it was some kind of christian band called A Perfect Circle. Now, I don't like christian music or anything that has to do with god for that matter, but this song was good even if it had a bunch of bible mentions. You guys should try it. A Perfect Circle - Judith. You'll love it.

Don't change it this time! I AM MEANT TO BE MEAN! It is definitely not Creed but A Perfect Circle!

~<FONT color="blue">This song is not in any right Christian, nor is A Perfect Circle a Christian band. The song is quite sacrilegious. -Necronopticous</FONT>

Rye
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
I used to LOVE them when I was like, 11. Looking back, I feel a little silly, but they aren't bad. The singer has a good voice.

But I'm not religious at all.

kikimm
06-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Ugh. I hate Creed, so much. Not that this has anything to do with the music, but the lead singer is such a dick; very much into himself. His voice sounds very unnatural, too---like he's trying too hard to make it sound a certain way.

So while I'm a "jesus lover", I hate Creed. No thanks.

:D

eestlinc
06-17-2005, 01:14 AM
This thread makes me smile. :D

Hroth
06-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Good, then I like you, cause something I made makes you smile. You rock. Then again ~<FONT color="blue">Stop being offensive -Necronopticous</FONT> but whatever...

kikimm
06-17-2005, 02:22 AM
Then again if you love jesus you're foolish but whatever...

Come on, this thread's about Creed, right? ;)

And they still suck. But they haven't done anything in awhile to my knowledge, so it's cool.

:D

Hroth
06-17-2005, 02:27 AM
They broke up I think. I saw their greatest hits cd in the stores back in november of 2004 so really, I think they're done. But other than that, listen to the awesome A Perfect Circle song that is posted there: it says all you wanna hear ;)!

Hroth
06-17-2005, 02:32 AM
I know, evil.

krissy
06-17-2005, 04:27 AM
both bands are boring sry :{

fire_of_avalon
06-17-2005, 05:00 AM
The message of the song Judith isn't something to laud as especially anti-Christian, so your pursuit to offend people of faith ends right as you try to begin. The song is meant to point out the fact that there are few people left in this world who actively seek answers about their faith, which is why the character Judith is referred to. Judith was a woman who was possessed or blessed, but any way you look at it touched by God to lead to the downfall of the armies of General Holophernes.

The song is about the dangers of blind faith, of not thinking about why you're motivated to discover more than you're told, and it's told from the angry view of General Holophernes, who believes he was right, not Judith. That's why the song is angry, and seemingly anti-Christian.

However, the only reason you posted the song was to attempt to demean the Christian membership of this board. Don't.

And Creed was an awful band with very little musical talent. And the lead singer was NOT hot.

EDIT: Upon further research, Maynard also claims the song is about a real woman named Judith, who is closed minded and doesn't think for herself. The song utilizes the story of this other Judith and decrys the Christian God as a metaphor for this woman he knows. I don't know how much of that is true, because Maynard is crazy. But the commentary can be found on the band's website http://www.aperfectcircle.com

-N-
06-17-2005, 05:41 AM
foa doing research on crappy bands? O_O

Rye
06-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Oooh, you're talking about A Perfect Circle? Yes, I like them. They're very cool.

Devourment
06-17-2005, 12:28 PM
You mean this (http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedImages/scene-perfect-circle_articl.jpg) band?

They have Twiggy.. <3

Hroth
06-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Yes, this incredible band. And the only reason I posted this song is because of that one line. I hadn't researched all the meaning but I know that on the back of the Thirteenth Step album booklet, there is a picture of some woman with white hair and it's written Judith Keenan or something, and the date she died so it might her, the real life Judith I mean. I also thought that the song related to hating god because of the "taste of the fruit" part, I automatically assigned it with Adam and Eve where they could not taste the fruit of temptation cause god told them not to and what not.

Teek
06-17-2005, 06:37 PM
lol we haet christians lolz ^_________^

A Perfect Circle kind of sucks, I think. It's pretty bland and repetitive. How many bands do we need like them?

Hroth
06-17-2005, 09:12 PM
MORE FOR SURE! They rock. I think it is so original compared to other bands. Evanescence and A Perfect Circle are the best bands I know. Seether is pretty close, as is Tool. I really love their music is infuckingcredible. I don't see what's repetitive in it. The best thing about the band is that they can actually PLAY INSTRUMENTS and KNOW WHAT MUSIC IS, compared to the thousands of bands out there that don't.

Lainehart
06-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Ooh, Perfect Circle coolies! So, so much better than "Listen to us, our lead singer sounds like we tied him by his throat to a moving vehicle" Creed...
I never really got into Evanescence... I guess I haven't found any of their singles very good yet, but I may buy an album to hear their other songs.

Stupid Creed...

You hear Creed a lot in my house, coz we're a Christian family so any band that's remotely Christian gets played a lot... personally I think it's strange, but hey

Rye
06-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I never really got into Evanescence... I guess I haven't found any of their singles very good yet, but I may buy an album to hear their other songs.

I'm an insane Evanescence fan, but I'll admit that their singles aren't great. Their older songs are amazing. You should try Give Unto Me or Hello is you like slow beautiful songs with piano. Field of Innocence is more guitar-ish, but it's amazing. :)

Hroth
06-19-2005, 04:14 PM
That's right, older songs are somewhat better than the new singles coming out. My Immortal is awesome there, but compared to something like Solitude, it's pretty bland. You should absolutely try older songs. Also, the album has much more good songs then they could've released, they're not like Simple Plan, they don't release 12 songs out of a 13 song album.