PDA

View Full Version : Namco X Capcom's "tenative" NA release date

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2005, 05:08 PM
According to some info I learned, Namco X Capcom will get a release in the US sometime around September 28th. It'll pretty much be a complete port of the Jap version except the only thing to be translated is the text. It probably won't have ANY voice acting at all.

Of course I don't know how right I am at the moment, so lets just wait until the day arrives to find out.

From what I heard people who polayed the Tales games (Tales of Symphonia, Phantasia, etc) would get uses to the play style of this game as you can control them in real time during battles, you can switch control of a character by pressing a button, and you can execute special attacks with button combonations.

Dreddz
06-17-2005, 06:36 PM
psssshhh I want a European version to be announced

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2005, 06:39 PM
I heard a PAL version will follow soon after. It's looking good, I think this game will restore my faith in the PS2.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Oops (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5151)!

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Oops (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5151)!

The game's only been out in Japan for a few weeks. It'll come, I've seen games that were not put on release scehduelsthat still make it. Besides, it's practically a crime NOT to release it outside of Japan. The fanbase of Street Fighter, Tekken, and Soul Calibuer along is enough to cause Namco to make tons of money.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
The game's only been out in Japan for a few weeks.Games that haven't been out in Japan at all are on that list.

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Besides, it's just been announced, like about a week or so ago. It was showed off at E3, why show off a game at a US gaming expo if you're not gonna release it in the US?

Dreddz
06-17-2005, 06:56 PM
God this game looks great...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Besides, it's just been announced, like about a week or so ago.Funny that all the news sites missed that, then.
It was showed off at E3, why show off a game at a US gaming expo if you're not gonna release it in the US?The easy answer to that is that it was not shown off at E3. The complete lists of PS2 games that were at the show from GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3games.html?limit=all&page=3&sort=bydate&platform=ps2), GameSpy (http://ps2.gamespy.com/e3/2005/games_ps2), IGN (http://ps2.ign.com/e3/2005/games) show no sign of it, and even individual testimonials on fan sites say that it was nowhere to be found.

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I know somebody who was AT one of the E3 expos, there was a whole booth for it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Again, funny that all the sites missed that.

MecaKane
06-17-2005, 09:14 PM
PLEASE OH PLEASE MAKE IT BE TRUE
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1137526&postcount=2

Destai
06-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Ive seen the Xenosaga aspects of the game. They showed Kos-Mos, Momo and Shion in Xenosaga one stylings. It looked neat and since theres no Xeno here in Europe Id consider buying it just for the sake of that.

Polnareff
06-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Actually, Ryukishi's right. There is no sign of the game coming out in the US. There is a petition going around getting it to come here (if I can find the link, you guys can sign it), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The reason WHY it may not come here is because Namco thinks most of the characters they put in are too obscure for American audiences, and in most cases, they would be right. Most of the characters on the Namco side are relatively unknown, due to the character('s) games being released only in Japan.

Some Capcom characters that have been put in, such as Strider Hien (Strider 2) or Sho (Captain Commando) may also be considered obscure, since most of their games outside of Street Fighter/Megaman have been released in limited quantities (20,000 copies or less).

Erdrick Holmes
06-18-2005, 12:19 AM
That still doesn't mean they can't release it. Marvel Vs Capcom had tons of character nobody outside of Japan heard of.

They will release it to the US, there's just no way Namco can miss out on a cash cow like this.

crashNUMBERS
06-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Damn!!

MecaKane
06-18-2005, 01:03 AM
That still doesn't mean they can't release it. Marvel Vs Capcom had tons of character nobody outside of Japan heard of.

It also had Marvel comic book heros which everyone in america knows and loves.

And no. Not everyone in america knows and loves street fighter characters. Or Xenosaga.

Oh one more thing:

I know somebody who was AT one of the E3 expos, there was a whole booth for it.
"one of the" lolz If he used those words when telling you about it, he's full of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. lolz

Erdrick Holmes
06-18-2005, 02:23 AM
This game can actuallt have huge sucess in the states, I just can't wait this long.

Black Mage
06-18-2005, 02:56 AM
It could be a success, sure. Hell, I want this game to be released outside of Japan as much as the next guy, but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't look like it's going to.

Only time will tell, yeah, but all reliable sources say otherwise.

black orb
06-18-2005, 03:05 AM
>>> I want that game, now.. :cry:

Erdrick Holmes
06-18-2005, 03:34 AM
I teared up at one of the trailers...[!], had to resist the urge to masturbate, too.[/!] don't want to hear about that ~eest

MecaKane
06-18-2005, 03:53 AM
Wow that's great, I thought we were supposed to be discussing this game not coming to the states, and not how much of a crying girl you are?

I'd like it if it did come out though. It'd keep certain people busy. :love:

44 caliber
06-18-2005, 04:00 AM
I think he's already got his hands full.

Erdrick Holmes
06-18-2005, 04:05 AM
I mean MvC came out due to the massive Marvel influence. Well think of the massive Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Tekken, Xenosaga, Resident Evil, etc fanbases the US has.This game was destined to have a North American release way before the game was even finished in Japan.

Polnareff
06-18-2005, 04:58 AM
But still, having a big fanbase for all those games in different countries doesn't mean the game will, in fact, be released in other countries. It's just the way game companies work sometimes.

BatChao
06-18-2005, 11:56 PM
It is definitely a possibility for this game to come out in the states, but in my opinion, it's a pretty low possibility, though I want to believe otherwise... this game looks great.

MvC came out in the states because it had a crapload of Marvel characters, who are American characters. Not releasing this game in the states would be like making a game based on a crapload of popular manga/anime characters and not releasing it in Japan. Also, almost ALL the Capcom fighters were pretty recognizable... the only one that might not have been was Jin. And one out of like 50-something ain't bad.

NxC seems to have a lot of characters American audiences know and love - Street Fighters, Tekken charas, SC charas, Xenosaga charas, etc, but there are also a lot that I didn't know. I watched the opening and I don't know a lot of those characters... I know there are a lot from some Tales of Destiny games, which weren't TOO popular here. And who the hell is that wierdo demon guy with the little boy running around with him? I have no clue. And then there's that chick who looks like Sophitia, but is wearing Cassandra's 3P outfit. Who is that? Bingo... it's neither. It's Valkyrie from some series of games that never made it to the states. And hearing from people who've played it, you'd have to know the backstories to all these characters to proplerly enjoy the game... yes, some of you might say: 'You n00b! I know all them characters! I've played all the games!' but remember, most of America has not.

Also, America is a very graphics-hungry population. People LOVE great graphics here and buy games just by looking at the back of the box and saying: 'Damn, that looks cool!' And they also don't even consider a game because it looks bad. And you cannot say that NxC looks good. It actually looks pretty terrible... it looks fun, but definitely not good. It looks like something the PS1 could pull off with no trouble.

At the end, NxC is a hardcore fanboy gamer's dream come true... but it does not appeal to the mainstream GTA-ized audience that most of the State's gamers are, which is why the odds are against it to coming here. But then again... NipponIchi's games were brought here, and they have been doing pretty damn good, so anything's possible.

And to finally put the E3 thing to rest... it wasn't there. I was at E3... I spent a while at Namco's booth... I was LOOKING for this game, but it wasn't there. Sorry.

Oh, and to finally settle

Erdrick Holmes
06-19-2005, 12:25 AM
What about the Monolith both? I don't think my friend would lie to me about this.

MecaKane
06-19-2005, 12:32 AM
And you cannot say that NxC looks good. It actually looks pretty terrible... it looks fun, but definitely not good. It looks like something the PS1 could pull off with no trouble.

Uh-oh. Looks like it not coming to the states is gonna be Sony of America's fault, yet again! :rolleyes2

And it's NamcoxCapcom, not MonolithxCapcom, Joel.

Erdrick Holmes
06-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Monolith MADE the game. Namco and Capcom gave them permission to put it's characters in it.

BatChao
06-19-2005, 08:44 AM
I don't think Monolith had a booth... at least not that I was aware of. Usually devs don't have booths at E3 because they only come out with one or so titles a year, and most of the time, the public is only aware of the publisher's name attached to a game.

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2005, 12:22 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/gameCheats?cId=3138226

READ IT AND WEEP.

MecaKane
06-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Um, what's your point? :rolleyes2

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Told you it'd come out.

MecaKane
06-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh, I just notcied that. A release date.
Wow, that site sure has some great inside sources, look Final Fantasy XII (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=2006397) finally has a release date up, too!

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Square Enix did officially announce a release date for XII a few weeks back, I believe. So this one may well be valid.

EDIT: Oh, wait. They said XII's coming out in November of this year, while I'm pretty sure the release date was next March. Hmm. :p

SomethingBig
06-30-2005, 03:13 AM
This is both good and bad news.
Good:
- This game looks OMFG AWESOME TOTALLY RADTACUL@R!!!!!
- " "

Bad:
- It's coming out the same time as Zelda, Metroid Prime: Hunters, and around 10 other games I want.

Erdrick Holmes
06-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Aren't those games coming out in November?

SomethingBig
06-30-2005, 03:27 AM
Hunters is coming out August, I believe. I'm pretty sure Zelda's coming out on September and since it's Zelda and, oh, Zelda, I'm obligated to get that first. I really don't care for FFXII, so that can come out the same day as Namco X Capcom for all I care and I'd still get the latter.

Erdrick Holmes
06-30-2005, 04:00 AM
I think everybody should buy this game quickly. If I know Monolith they'll be paranoid about sale's numbers due to the fact that anywhere they sell their games they usually sell alot less then they expect, they'll probably pull it off the US shelves if it doesn't get bought enough.

MecaKane
06-30-2005, 08:33 PM
You obviuosly don't know "Monolith" because they aren't the ones in charge of its selling, in Japan as its not coming to the states. Namco is, hense them being labeled as the game's PUBLISHER.

Erdrick Holmes
06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
It's obvious that you can't find links with the release date on it. So I'll just make this link text large enough so you can click it. And be sure after you click it press ctrl-f and type "release date". And also, quit posting in my threads if your not gonna post anything constructive. (http://www.1up.com/do/gameCheats?cId=3138226)

MecaKane
06-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Once again, how can a cheat database have a release date while actual video game news sites have no info, or say it's not coming out?

Erdrick Holmes
06-30-2005, 09:59 PM
1up isn't JUST a cheat database.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-30-2005, 11:03 PM
More than enough people want Namco X Capcom to come over that if there were a real release date, it would have been a big announcement on all those sites' front pages.

Erdrick Holmes
07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
It'll get around eventually. That site only got that date put up yesterday morning.

MecaKane
07-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Yah, I guess the folks at gamespot and ign just aren't as good sluths as you.

Lionx
07-06-2005, 11:04 PM
http://www.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=5177

Mmm the release date seems quite random..i also havent seen anything on other big name game sites.

EDIT: On another note, assuming that it does go on the states for sure, assuming that, the dates could be just too random since there IS alot of translation that needs to be done =/ RPGs like these have lots of dialogue as well as voice acting(in which i hope it retains japanese voices but it very well might not and that might take longer).

Erdrick Holmes
07-06-2005, 11:16 PM
They'll have to release it before December, that's when the XBox 360 arrives.

Lionx
07-06-2005, 11:18 PM
http://101games.computergaming.com/do/newsStory?cId=3141382

=/

Erdrick Holmes
07-06-2005, 11:39 PM
They keep pushing it back. We'll definetly get it sometime by Q12006.