PDA

View Full Version : Orchestrated versions of the music...

Abraxas
06-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Viewing that funny video on the link in the "WOW" thread, I noticed that the Blue Fields song is orchestrated...

Are there in fact an orchestrated version of the whole FVIII soundtrack?
If it is... I DESPERATELY WANT IT!!!
Do you know where/how I can get it?

Necronopticous
06-17-2005, 07:03 PM
There is a Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack called "Final Fantasy VIII Orchestra - Fithos Lusec Wecos Venosec" Which contains 13 orchestrated tracks from the soundtrack, this is the only official orchestrated CD Final Fantasy VIII, you can probably find it on Ebay for cheap (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4739328569&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW).

DreamingOfDreams
06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
If you type ff shoundtrack into a search engine, lots of stuff will some up. I tried. You can also get sheet music for most of the ff music.

rubah
06-17-2005, 09:46 PM
The Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec album is genius. Must listen to it.

Abraxas
06-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Thank you very much for your help!
I got some nice versions in piano... 13 of them. I wonder if them are the ones you are talking about.

By the way... there is another song that it's completely difficult to get.
Is the track of the concert at Fisherman's Horizon, the folk version...

Do you where can I get it? It seems that is not in any of the soundtracks!

ShivaBlizzard8
06-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I got some nice versions in piano... 13 of them. I wonder if them are the ones you are talking about.
There are 3 FF8 soundtracks:

1. FF8: OST, which is four CDs long and contains most of the songs in the game as they sounded in the game.

2. FF8: Piano Collections, which is what it sounds like you downloaded. It has 13 tracks as well, with 13 songs rearranged for piano. It's a great album (I own it), but it isn't the orchestra version you're looking for.

3. FF8: Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, which is the orchestra album with 13 tracks that you originally were asking about. It has songs like Blue Fields, the battle theme, Fragments of Memories (an awesome quartet arrangement!), Fisherman's Horizon, Balamb Garden, The Oath, Laguna's battle theme, etc, all played by a full orchestra. This is what you're looking for.

All the Final Fantasies have multiple soundtrack albums; all of them have piano versions and a couple (FF6, FF7) have orchestra albums. Also, there are Final Fantasy concerts in Japan and North America where more tracks are played by an orchestra, and you can grab those CDs as well (2002 concert is really good). :)

By the way... there is another song that it's completely difficult to get.Is the track of the concert at Fisherman's Horizon, the folk version...Do you where can I get it? It seems that is not in any of the soundtracks!
That's a hard task - the two versions of the FH concert aren't on any coundtrack. I have the "Irish Jig" mp3 that I randomly found on Napster years ago, but that was just luck. I suggest Kazza or Limewire - it might still be floating around.

Vengence
06-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Go to this website: http://www.ffadvanced.com/finalfantasy/finalfantasy8/

They have everything you want; Piano collections and all. They also have a 2002 Orchestra Concert thingy. I'm not sure but that might be the concert thing you're lookin for.

Abraxas
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Go to this website: http://www.ffadvanced.com/finalfantasy/finalfantasy8/

They have everything you want; Piano collections and all. They also have a 2002 Orchestra Concert thingy. I'm not sure but that might be the concert thing you're lookin for.

Woo hoo! Thank you very much for the link...
And thank you Shiva Blizzard for the explanation.
I was confused... the piano versions are cool... but the orchestrated ones are superb!

I'm still looking for the Irish Jig you said. Can you email it to me?
I have a great firewall here in my job... I can't have kazaa or any other media downloader....
:(

ADD>>After lot of effort, got the song, but in a midi version!
It's better than nothing!

Please, Shiva, if you have it in mp3, send it to me.
I can send this midi version if anyone is interested, just let me know by sending a private message.

~Please use the edit button rather than double posting! -Necronopticous

ShivaBlizzard8
06-22-2005, 06:38 AM
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. :)

Slash912
07-02-2005, 07:49 PM
When I attempted to download a mp3 from this site, my Norton gave a warning of a trojan horse, so be careful.

Check this page for ALL FF CDs ever released:
http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks1.html

no mp3 download though.