Dreddz
06-17-2005, 07:30 PM
lvl 1 Ultima :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Ultima is already Level 1 Ultima.

Alexander
06-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Well... the existant ones are good enough to create new ones, so I'll list only the ones that should come back.

Blink: Blink was SO useful in FFIV to me. It should come back.

Lv1/2/3 Wind and Earth Spells: I miss them. :love:

Some old useful Blue Magic: Some Blue Magic from FFV and FFVI... such as ????, the Wind spells I said above, Frog Song (see below), Mind Blast, Pep Up, etc... and some of Quistis' Limit Breaks as well. *imagines Quina with Shockwave Pulsar* :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Some status changes: BRING TOAD/FROG BACK T_T and Charm (the true Charm i.i).

Harm/Dia Spells: I miss them... sort of. o.o;

I think that's all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-17-2005, 08:33 PM
The Dia spells became kind of pointless once they added the mechanic of Cure spells harming the undead. Toad status should definitely come back, though.

DJZen
06-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Ultimaga? That's crazy talk!

They should bring back time mages and give them tons more spells. That would pwn.

Chris
06-17-2005, 09:29 PM
They should bring back Necromancers. Because I like 'em. That's why. >:O

Destai
06-17-2005, 10:53 PM
I hope Hastega appears in every FF from here on out. I loved that spell. Also a spell that regens the entire party would be great but Id be just as happy if there was some spell or item that could enable the effect of the all materia in FFVII.

Hroth
06-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah Hastega was hella useful in FFX. But I think they should have spells that mix elements, sort of like the Antipode techniques in CT. It would be awesome to have an Earth/Thunder spell in one. Levels for spells is also a good idea as when you get too far in the game, the spells become kind of useless. Aura should be in every game!

Yuffie514
06-18-2005, 12:09 AM
i stress on the Holy spell. next time, it should target multiple enemies. thus, making it even more powerful.

Dreddz
06-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I agree with Yuffie here

Yuffie514
06-18-2005, 12:41 AM
more power for Holy. Holy should be more powerful than Ultima and Flare! can you really say that Heaven's magic can't wipe out an entire city?! :eek: :D

DJZen
06-18-2005, 01:04 AM
I can't even begin to point out the logic flaws in making holy more powerful than ultima...

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-18-2005, 01:21 AM
They should have a spell for all the basic elements. It would be nice if they had an Ultimate defensive White Magic Spell that simoustanuosly casts: cure, regent, auto-life, wall(or reflect, or both), haste, float and vanish, on your party. Call it "Bleh" or "Heaven's Gift"

Sepho
06-18-2005, 02:06 AM
I can't even begin to point out the logic flaws in making holy more powerful than ultima...

Looking at root words is really as far as you'd have to go.

Ultima Shadow
06-18-2005, 06:27 AM
They should have a spell for all the basic elements. It would be nice if they had an Ultimate defensive White Magic Spell that simoustanuosly casts: cure, regent, auto-life, wall(or reflect, or both), haste, float and vanish, on your party. Call it "Bleh" or "Heaven's Gift"
That would be too cheap.

Oh, and Holy is a white mage spell. Therefore Ultima (and maybe Flare) should be more powerful. A white mage with a more dammaging spell than those of a black mage just doesn't make sense.

KoShiatar
06-18-2005, 10:12 PM
The Dia spells became kind of pointless once they added the mechanic of Cure spells harming the undead. Toad status should definitely come back, though.

Actually I don't remember Dia spells being there in my NES Final Fantasy 1 version, while Cure spells already damaged the undead. I'm pretty sure of that. But maybe it's just me not noticing that in a shop and not buying it. Meh. *goes and checks out*

sephiroth9006
06-19-2005, 03:02 AM
i have a spell i made it up and i'm not too sure how it would look/work out,but here goes....

ULTIMA APOCALYPSE!!
as i said i'm not too sure how it would look/work out,but that's my idea..
though a spell ultimaga would be cool.

DJZen
06-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Actually I don't remember Dia spells being there in my NES Final Fantasy 1 version, while Cure spells already damaged the undead. I'm pretty sure of that. But maybe it's just me not noticing that in a shop and not buying it. Meh. *goes and checks out*

You might want to play that game again because you'll find your memories have decieved you. In FFI, Cure only targetted party members.

In the original American translation the spell Dia was named Harm. It's DEFINITELY there. Just start a new game and you'll see it in Corneria's white magic shop.

disapointedchild
06-19-2005, 06:53 AM
They should have it where spells cancel each other out. Like each spell has its inverse. Your opponent does ultima, then miraculusly you get out a holy spell, thus canceling out damage.

That would be cool.

RedCydranth
06-19-2005, 07:54 AM
I don't see Ultima as the converse of Holy. Maybe Flare or something more from the darker side... But your concept is interesting if magic were cast simultaneously. Fire and Blizz would cancel, Thunder and Quake, Aero and Water. Higher spells like Flare, Ultima and Holy wouldn't be crossoutable...

New magic? Not much new stuff, but brining the Dia/Harm spell back in replacement of cure hurting undead is cool. Its old school, I like that. Blink was cool, but gives unfair advantage in those games. Toad is cool, or Piggy or Moogle (a la Secret of Mana). Imp acctually had a usage in FFVI and I'd like a return of that. Mini is ok too, but it didn't have a huge effect in VII.

I think more original summons would be cool. Sure you have ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh. But a higher powered elememtal summon would be nifty. Thor would be a heightened Ramuh, Cerberus would be a heightened Ifrit. I don't have a stronger Shiva, but square has a whole team of researchers, they can find one. Anyhow, I think originality of summons is sweet. Valefor was a great summon. Quetzecoatl was cool also. KOTR, cool but too long (same with Eden). Some more 1 game unique summons is something I look forward to when playing an FF for the first time. Tritoch = Sweet!

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Since with X we've been introduced to a greater number of hit points and damage caps, I say go all out. Instead of just three levels of spells, how about five?

I think instead of having Dia (which only hits undead) give White Mages Cure and Inflict spells. Cure spells heal living and damage undead, Inflict spells damage living and heal undead. That'd give White Mages more of a use outside of the basic healer. To offset the Black Mage becoming obsolete, give them spells of greater power (like the aforementioned 5 levels of spells).

And I like the counterspelling idea. It should probably be a spellcaster ability that can be learned, where you set them on counterspell, and if an enemy casts a spell they can counter, they will try. Also, add an upgrade or point for point system, so if the enemy casts Fire and you're counterspelling, you can cast Blizzaga and not only counter it, but unleash a Blizzara effect on the enemy. And let the enemies do that too. It could be an alternate to guard.

And on that note, change Guard into Counter Attack, or possibly change Guard so that it does strive to fully block a physical attack, but also allows you to attack back if your stats are high enough.

DJZen
06-19-2005, 08:04 PM
White mages already have holy. No need to give 'em more ammunition. If you want a hybrid healer/damage dealer use a red mage.

Just so you know they DID bring back Dia. It's the light element poison equivalent in FFXI. Sure, not quite the same, but oh well. There you have it.

RedCydranth
06-19-2005, 08:48 PM
By bring it back, we mean to a console game that everyone can play.

Not everyone has a highspeed cable connection to play FFXI with. Not everyone wants to pay money every month for a game they bought, or a game they can't beat. Who wants to play a game where some hacker can break into your account and steal stuff from you? I tried the MMORPG thing and it turned out to be a waste of time in the long run. I'll say one thing, they are fun as hell and addicting. But all the hours you pour into it goes to waste when you log in one day to find that everything you worked for the past 5 months on was stolen by a hacker, and that you basically have to start from scratch. I don't remember that happening in FFIX.

Anyhow this is the wrong place for all that. We'll see when FFXII comes out what they've done to magic. Not just the system, but what spells are in it.