PDA

View Full Version : Beatrix: luv her or hate her

daggertrepe
06-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, as U can see from my avatar, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Beatrix. How about you?

Armisael
06-17-2005, 08:23 PM
<3 her!^_^

Alexander
06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I love her.

Not as much as I love Quina, but I love her. xD

mcsspitfire
06-17-2005, 09:52 PM
I always thought she was wonderful. ^.^

TurkSlayer
06-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Beatrix is okay. I don't dislike her, but I never thought she was that great.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
06-18-2005, 03:05 AM
I suppose she is pretty, I hadn't really gotten very far (I'm in Lindblum)

Tama2
06-18-2005, 03:08 AM
She does appeal to me.

eestlinc
06-18-2005, 04:13 AM
do people actually hate Beatrix?

Ultima Shadow
06-18-2005, 06:33 AM
On my very first encounter with her, I did. She was such an easy battle... and then she uses that cheap move that screws everything up. That actually pissed me off on my first play. :p

However... I don't disslike her in any way anymore. But I do NOT love her either. She's just... okay. :greenie:

kawaiileena
06-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Beatrix? I like her, but not to the point of loving her. I don't dislike her that much, so, I think she's okay. But at first, she really pissed me off, but after opening her eyes, gues she was okay.

boys from the dwarf
06-18-2005, 01:18 PM
stealing peoples writing is fun.but i agree with you turk salyer.

BabyVixen
06-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I still pretty much hate her even though she's good now. What I don't get was how quickly she turned sides on disk 2. First she was like, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!" (even though she doesn't but you know she wants to) then all of a sudden after a 10 second chat with Zidane she goes goody goody. I just thought that part was really stupid.

I Don't Need A Name
06-18-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah! Also shes like "IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!!" she does a move which brings you down to 1hp then she walks off! what i wouldnt do to use ultima on her !!

TheSpoonyBard
06-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I still pretty much hate her even though she's good now. What I don't get was how quickly she turned sides on disk 2. First she was like, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!" (even though she doesn't but you know she wants to) then all of a sudden after a 10 second chat with Zidane she goes goody goody. I just thought that part was really stupid.

I don't think her transition was too quick. I was actually expecting it. You can see evidence of Beatrix's suspicions of Brahne's underhanded scheme during the aftermath of Cleyra. Once she saw Garnet Beatrix's suspicions were realised and she decided to stand up for what she believed was right. After all, her alliegence was sworn to the princess, not the queen.

I liked Beatrix as a character. I only wish the relationship between her and Steiner was explored a little more, which may well have happened if she became a fully playable character.

TurkSlayer
06-18-2005, 09:46 PM
stealing peoples writing is fun.but i agree with you turk salyer.

Well, at least there actually are people who agree with me on somethings. :D

I liked Beatrix as a character. I only wish the relationship between her and Steiner was explored a little more, which may well have happened if she became a fully playable character.

Actually, Beatrix's relationship with Steiner is really the only think I truely dislike about her, but that probably just because I don't like Steiner.

Locke the Thief
06-19-2005, 01:20 AM
i only liked her when she was in your party.

Rostum
06-19-2005, 04:02 AM
I liked Beatrix. ^^;

Necronopticous
06-19-2005, 04:36 AM
She's on my Keychain so I can hold her every day. I have a thing for female paladins.

My name is...something..?
06-19-2005, 05:47 AM
She's on my Keychain so I can hold her every day. I have a thing for female paladins.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Who doesn't like female paladins?
Beatrix is :<3:

OwneD
06-19-2005, 08:29 PM
She's ok, I don't hate her and I don't love her. But I love her more than I hate her of course :)

Serria
06-20-2005, 05:37 AM
I loved Beatrix. 'Bout time we got another strong, knightley sort of female character, since Celes Chere in FF6. She was just a strong person. Sure she had problems too, that made her realistic. But she great. ^_^

Craig
06-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I like Paladins.

Holy_Aeris
06-20-2005, 02:21 PM
is it me or she just as busty as Tifa is???

TurkSlayer
06-20-2005, 11:34 PM

Is that a bad thing?

Edgar Figaro
06-22-2005, 04:58 AM
I liked her in every way

Devourment
06-24-2005, 01:39 PM
I love Beatrix, she has big bo big hair. She's great, even though she dosen't do that much in the game. It'd be great if on Disc 3 she joins your party 'til the end of the game instead of just helping you in Alexandria & the tunnely bit.

The Man
06-24-2005, 04:03 PM
How could anyone hate Beatrix? My only distaste is she never became a permanently playable character.

ThroneofDravaris
06-24-2005, 04:20 PM

No, the rest of her body is just really small…

Holy_Aeris
06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
and her clothing is a bit tight

crashNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 11:36 PM
She's a pretty cool character. Can't say that I love her though. N'or hate. She's just OK...

Mercen-X
06-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Beatrix will make a cameo in KH3

. . . if we rally at SE's doorstep and demand that it be so.

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 01:51 AM
How could anyone hate Beatrix?
This is a very good question. Beatrix is great.

daggertrepe
04-29-2006, 10:07 PM
KH3? What about KH2??

NeoCracker
04-29-2006, 10:12 PM
If I were describe my love for her I would be banned.

Darth Cid
04-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Zidane: I didn't like her additude when she is the party's enemy, she was way too cocky.

Beatrix: "How ridiculously weak...Isn't there anyone who is worthy of facing me?"

Zidane: I really wanted to see kick the crap of out her there, when she becomes an allie, she's alright, so I don't like her and I don't hate her at the same time.

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Beatrix: "How ridiculously weak...Isn't there anyone who is worthy of facing me?"

I am but not the way you think. :jokey:

Darth Cid
04-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Garnet: That was uncalled for.

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 04:45 AM
What the allusion to sex?

daggertrepe
04-30-2006, 04:57 AM
lol ok you guys.

no the only one who will ever get to do beatrix is steiner.

sry!

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 05:02 AM
Steiner sucks and not in a good way. Aint that right Zidane.

Darth Cid
04-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Zidane: LOL, Rusty was alright after started trusting Zidane.

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Zidane gots it right now if only tenhitcombo was still here I would love to see him respond.

Darth Cid
04-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Zidane: Now, wait, thc is in the past now...let's not worry about his past meddlings and talk about the subject at hand, do you love or hate Beatrix? As I said before, neither.

daggertrepe
04-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Hey its only the truth!

lol

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Beatrix was the Final Fantasy female lead I've wanted since they became white mages, ooh 20 years ago.

Possibly with Ashe? Ashe reminds me of Beatrix a lot for some reason. Holy Knights all the way, baby...

Oh, and count one for Love.

Zeromus_X
04-30-2006, 06:25 AM
How could anyone hate Beatrix?
Qft.

In addition...

# You Can't Kill Me, I Quit (Seifer Rule)
The good guys never seem to get the hang of actually arresting or killing the bad guys. Minor villains are always permitted to go free so they can rest up and menace you again later -- sometimes five minutes later. Knowing this rule, you can deduce that if you do manage to kill (or force the surrender of) a bad guy, you must be getting near the end of the game.
# And Now You Die, Mr. Bond! (Beatrix Rule)
Fortunately for you, the previous rule also applies in reverse. Rather than kill you when they have you at their mercy, the villains will settle for merely blasting you down to 1 hit point and leaving you in a crumpled heap while they stroll off, laughing. (This is, of course, because they're already planning ahead how they'll manipulate you into doing their bidding later in the game -- see Way To Go, Serge.)

:cat:

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Ahahahaha :D

Once again RPG cliches provide me with all the answers I'll ever need in life.

Freya Crescent rulesyoass
05-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I love Beatrix,she is the only boss that I've been like oh /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif,I'm gonna get my ass kicked.Then she becomes an Ally.HELL YEAH!Steiner is alright,early on he is pretty much comic relief,I have no problem with those two together.

daggertrepe
05-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I love them together! I just hate the kuja/beatrix pairing. Yuck.

1. how could they have chemistry?
2. hes dead and beatrix loves steiner so there. lol

FallenAngel411
05-02-2006, 01:24 AM
I think Beatrix and Steiner are cute together. Battling her was mostly a little too easy, but I enjoyed being able to fight with her on my side. Overall, other characters were way more memorable for me, but she was pretty cool.

Levian
05-02-2006, 02:41 AM

My initial thought.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2006, 05:39 AM
I think Beatrix and Steiner are idiots because they were both blindly following orders like robots.

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
But then they stop and get lives of their own. That's the reason they're there. They both realise it at one point in time, and change because of it. Beatrix kicks ass. I'd definitely do her. If she was real...and not all...you know....not real...*ahem* Well! Yes! She's a very good character...yes...

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-02-2006, 04:57 PM
What's not to love about a sexy swordmistress with an eye patch? I tell you. To answer your question of the thread: I <3 BEATRIX!!! :exdee::exdee::exdee: I agree with you there Pure Quin. She's good enough to...:jokey: :laugh:

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Eat. :D

morning_star
05-02-2006, 05:42 PM
love her, she's beautiful.

daggertrepe
05-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Yes, but that's too bad...

Shes a video game character in her own world...and sry to break it to you guys...but shes probably doing Steiner right now.

And yes, she is B-E-Autiful.

Fatal Impurity
05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
i think beatrix is great and i think steiner and her are perfect together the only annoying thing is that shes keeps doing that thing with her hair and that she didnt become a permanant character.....:(

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Yo, her and Steiner might be together, but I don't think kids are possible at this point and they get too damn shy around each other to even get very far. Besides...I can fantasize can't I?

daggertrepe
05-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Yea...but long time had passed. They mite not be nervous...so ya they might be doin each other... nope, they definetly are!

Yea, u can fantisize...but she ain't gonna sleep wit u haha

NeoCracker
05-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Maybe if I start wearing eye liner like steiner I might get lucky.

daggertrepe
05-02-2006, 11:18 PM
By the way it's mascara...

NeoCracker
05-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Okay I'll start wearing mascera.

LunarWeaver
05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Okay I'll start wearing mascera.

*develops a sudden and unexplainable attraction to corncracker*

When'd this happen :confused:

daggertrepe
05-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Hahaha...this is great stuff.

Fatal Impurity
05-03-2006, 01:45 PM
im wonderin what steiner and beatrix are gonna do with that sword that they are holdin in the end movie.....hmmmmmm????

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Yea...but long time had passed. They mite not be nervous...so ya they might be doin each other... nope, they definetly are!

Yea, u can fantisize...but she ain't gonna sleep wit u haha
Maybe. You never know what Steiner has up his arm plates. And are you sure she won't? I have my ways and she'll be kickin Steiner to the curb like a piece of scrap metal.

Quindiana Jones
05-03-2006, 06:46 PM
im wonderin what steiner and beatrix are gonna do with that sword that they are holdin in the end movie.....hmmmmmm????

Oh come on! That's just wrong!...*walks to bathroom*

Fatal Impurity
05-04-2006, 05:10 PM

Oh come on! That's just wrong!...*walks to bathroom*

oh cmon i bet you like the idea of it really lol :p :D ;)

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Nope. No I don't. Nope.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Who's the sick man that's talkin about a 'sword'?

~SapphireStar~
05-06-2006, 12:54 AM
She was ok, I liked using her in battle. I enjoyed the love letter scenerio, that was comical.

J.Raven
05-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Final Fantasy 9 would have been a notch higher had they had shown the two actually kissing in that scene, of which one screenshot is shown in SakuraAngel's sig. I don't understand why those guys at Square didn't do it, these two were supposedly in their late 20's. There was one scene at the end when Beatrix was about to leave for good, and Steiner said he wanted her to defend the Queen together with him. Beatrix hesitated, then ran towards him... but then the scene blacked out and I ended up shaking my head in disappointment.

I already said in another thread why General Beatrix was awesome. She blew me away when I saw her on an FMV once. I seem to have a thing for ladies with long smooth hair that curls up at the ends nicely, shoulder level.
And don't forget the part where when you use her to fight Bandersnatch, and when she does the final deathblow, she does that beautiful victory move of hers by using her right hand to push back her coiled hair after sheathing her sword, before resting her hand on her hip.

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2006, 01:22 PM
*backs away slowly*

Heh. Nah, I know what you mean.

J.Raven
05-07-2006, 02:15 AM
*backs away slowly*

Heh. Nah, I know what you mean.Hey at least its innocent admiration.

If I want you want to back off from me I will have to write this:

(Adult theme: Censored)Beatrix: OMG Steiner..., is that thing bigger than your Ragnarok? *moans* Oh....Steiner! *tindering eyes*

<_<
>_>
o.0

*runs from own post*

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-07-2006, 04:11 AM
Now you're talkin. :jokey: Just kiddin. She is pretty hot though. Am I right or am I right Pure Quin?

Quindiana Jones
05-07-2006, 08:03 AM
So many jokes for "Ragnarok"...so little time...

J.Raven
05-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Now you're talkin. :jokey: Just kiddin. She is pretty hot though. Am I right or am I right Pure Quin?I know you weren't asking me, but I will just say it. In terms of overall looks, she's the hottest and if you don't consider the size of her chest, her face and hair combined is a picture of beauty. The next would be Lani, but she doesn't appear as often, and is an NPC.

I foresee a problem with the coupling of Steiner and Beatrix. In professional terms, he's a mere low ranking officer in charge of a squad of about ten or so guys, compared to a general who is overall commander of a division sized army and a sizeable navy. It will really down his ego quite a bit and might spill over to the personal side of this relationship with Beatrix.

And personally, as I played the game, I found myself siding with Zidane, agreeing with him what a difficult character Steiner would be to deal with in real life. Esp in the early part of the game. I am guessing the only reason why Beatrix eventually fell for him was because she didn't have anyone else to seek companionship with.

All this is just my personal opinion though, I would still agree with Steiner fans that he has the cool factor with him, and he shares credit with Zidane for treating a guy with little self confidence like Vivi as someone worthy of respect.

NeoCracker
05-07-2006, 01:03 PM
What about Beatrix and Fratley? That pairing just clicked. I kinda like it.

J.Raven
05-07-2006, 01:26 PM
What about Beatrix and Fratley? That pairing just clicked. I kinda like it.I can't imagine a human-rat hybrid though. Nah, for sake of the gene pool let's keep it within the species.

EDIT: Going back to thread topic, looked "Beatrix" up Wikipedia and its Latin for "Blessed Woman".

NeoCracker
05-07-2006, 01:37 PM
What about Beatrix and Fratley? That pairing just clicked. I kinda like it.I can't imagine a human-rat hybrid though. Nah, for sake of the gene pool let's keep it within the species.

EDIT: Going back to thread topic, looked "Beatrix" up Wikipedia and its Latin for "Blessed Woman".
Oh, so your against interracial marrige, eh? J/K.

BG-57
05-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Beatrix is on my short list of honorable villains that I liked enough to wish they could join the active party:

Olan Durai in FFT (Galaxy Stop is awesome!)

Rubicant in FFIV (Nice Guy Fire Fiend)

Edea in FFVIII (Yes, I know she joins the party at one point, but it's only for a while)

Beatrix in FFIX (Good skills and interesting character)

So how come you can get Save the Queen, but not her? :confused:

Shakespeare has a little in-joke in Much Ado About Nothing when he names his hero Benedict ('he who blesses') and Beatrice ('she who is blessed'). Predictably, they spend the whole play fighting only to realize at the end that they really love each other.

J.Raven
05-07-2006, 02:14 PM

Oh, so your against interracial marrige, eh? J/K.Hehe, well its interspecies marriage actually, but nm, j/k here likewise.

Quindiana Jones
05-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I foresee a problem with the coupling of Steiner and Beatrix. In professional terms, he's a mere low ranking officer in charge of a squad of about ten or so guys, compared to a general who is overall commander of a division sized army and a sizeable navy. It will really down his ego quite a bit and might spill over to the personal side of this relationship with Beatrix.

Steiner's blokes are the Knights of Pluto, and they protect the Queen. Beatrix goes off fighting, and protects the queen when home. They're pretty equal. Steiner would probably consider his job more important.

daggertrepe
05-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Well, if you use Steiner in the end, then he gets pretty stong, and could easily defeat Beatrix if you think about it...So yea they are basically on the same level.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Well you know what? I don't care. She's skilled, she's hot, and she knows how to take charge yet still leave some control for others. Screw all that other stuff. :D

Quindiana Jones
05-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Fair enough.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Very. :cool:

J.Raven
05-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Steiner's blokes are the Knights of Pluto, and they protect the Queen. Beatrix goes off fighting, and protects the queen when home. They're pretty equal. Steiner would probably consider his job more important.Early on though during the play when Steiner was looking for the princess, he tries entering the Queen's room, and one of the Squad Beatrix troops said in a rather proud tone that only they can guard the Queen's bedchamber or stuff like that.

So definitely some of the guard work is shared by the squad Beatrix troops which decreases the role of the Pluto Knights by quite a bit. Except for the part where the newly coronated Queen Garnet has to tell the Pluto Knights what to do when the city is under attack, they are mostly for comic relief.

Captain Steiner no doubt sees his job very important, and his protection goes to a level where it irritates the runaway princess. The poor Captain though has to deal with his subordinates who don't seem to have the same urgency or pride in their jobs. Just my five cents.

daggertrepe
05-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Yes, that is very true. But I just love the couple...:D

Reles
05-09-2006, 02:52 AM
She has the looks, not a skinny look either like most females in RPGs, but a natural womanly curvy body. She's a very powerful fighter, it makes me happy. And her personality is awesome. Probably one of my most favorite characters in all of the final fantasy series, and definitely my all time favorite in 9.

daggertrepe
05-09-2006, 03:01 AM
I dream about Beatrix. Beatrix rox my sox! And you are so totally correct! :D

Well...I think I've stressed it enough. :cool:

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-09-2006, 03:40 AM
I haven't. Beatrix deserved to be a permamnent character...there I said it.

daggertrepe
05-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree...maybe they will make another game where she can be like the main! :D That would ROCK!!!! :love:

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Yes, and the male lead gets with her...which would be me. :jokey: That would indeed ROCK!!! :exdee::love:

Fantasy Fan
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Beatrix = Ruby :p

daggertrepe
05-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Nope, her and Steiner would always be together. And in love.

But you can fantasize! :D

Fantasy Fan
05-09-2006, 10:19 PM

do you fantasize about being with Beatrix?

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-10-2006, 04:43 AM
Yes I do and I'm not ashamed of it. :love:

NeoCracker
05-10-2006, 04:46 AM

do you fantasize about being with Beatrix?
Hellz ya

Fatal Impurity
05-10-2006, 12:30 PM
there is no shame about dreaming about being with a computer generated non-existant character out of a flop of a video game (oh cmon everyone knows FF9 didnt sell much) who loves some other video game dude.......NO SHAME AT ALL!!!! i tell ya NO shame!.........er well maybe a bit oh crap now im feeling unfaithful to goddess yuna becuase of my dirty thoughts of beatrix......*drools* damn me......:D

Quindiana Jones
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Hehehe. I'd do pretty much everyone. Nobody ever makes ugly main characters or nice people because you're supposed to like them.

Of course, they get too hot and people make their own "special" fan fictions...

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Now you're talkin. :jokey:

Quindiana Jones
05-10-2006, 04:07 PM
The last line was supposed to be more of a "I'm disgusted at those kinds of people" :laugh:. You kinda dropped yourself in it there Heero :D

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
I know. :D Anyways, I'm not ashamed of it, but it's not like I have dirty thoughts, just thoughts of bein with her. Don't assume that what I say is perverted.

Quindiana Jones
05-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Definitely not. I'll bet loads of fans have an "If they were real..." thought once in a while :D hehe

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-10-2006, 08:35 PM
That's for sure. :D

daggertrepe
05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Hehe...Beatrix/Steiner fics...

Hehe...

Ya Boy Alex
05-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Yes, and the male lead gets with her...which would be me. :jokey: That would indeed ROCK!!! :exdee::love:
I threw up...
Anywho I do love a good romance in a RPG that isn't traditional and this one hit it right a way.
By the by has anyone ever read a Beatrix/Eiko fanfic?

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-11-2006, 03:30 AM
No and that's pedophilia.

Ya Boy Alex
05-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Who new pedophile's could be so hot.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-11-2006, 04:35 AM
:eep:...whatever...

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
05-11-2006, 06:13 AM
I love Beatrix ^_^
So pretty, so strong...
I wish she was a permanent party member rather than a temporary one ><

daggertrepe
05-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Me too! :D

NeoCracker
05-14-2006, 09:28 PM
I wanted to run with Fratly personally, but oh well.

Ya Boy Alex
05-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Have you ever had that dream.
You know the one where the come in flying through the window.

daggertrepe
05-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Nope! But I do have dreams and I make fanfictions about Beatrix and Steiner!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Best Couple ever!!!

Chris
05-31-2006, 12:34 AM
I think she was a pretty well developed character (in more than one sense of the word xD). She did start out "evil" but only because she didn't know Brahne's true intentions. She did however do right, when she found out that Brahne was going to execute Garnet. She was a fairly good character, and her and Steiner look so damn cute together. Gotta love 'em! Why didn't they get married? STEINER, JR. Awww! How cute would that be?

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-31-2006, 07:06 AM
I don't know. Having a baby running around in mascara and a tin garbage can for clothes doesn't sound very cute to me...:laugh:

f f freak
05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
I think beatrix totally rox n that eiko should have been killed n beatrix take her place.
damn you u skank eiko why the hell do u like havin a moogle in ur dress u perversed little girl. we already have 1 summoner we dont need another. n beatrix has holy so dont argue "but then no one would have holy" cause they would. beatrix would and she has seiken . an she has a really cool sword. and eiko sux we dont need her. her summons could go to garnet. n then steiner n beatrix and zidane n garnet could all fight together it would be like a double date.

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 11:20 PM
I think beatrix totally rox n that eiko should have been killed n beatrix take her place.
So you think Beatirx should have been in love with Zidane, a summoner and keep a moggle in her outfit ... No I think Eikos fine where she is.

Quindiana Jones
06-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Though Eiko dying wouldn't be that bad.

f f freak
06-01-2006, 03:56 PM
hey sapphirestar im not sayin beatrix wud fall in love with zidane coz they would have known eiko she gets killed by kuja or zorn n thorn people go all rage n trance crazy and that beatrix comes in to make 8 characters again. besides eiko really isnt that good i mean only pheonix is any good. i hardly use eiko apart from when garnet is mute but i still take garnet coz she has better summons.n also u spelt beatrix wrong its b e a t r i x not b e a t i r x so thats all im sayin you nincompoop.lol i called u a nincompoop u noob.

Quindiana Jones
06-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Beatirx was clearly a typo, f f freak.

Darth Cid
06-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Zidane: Nice "Walk The Line" sig, ~SS~, I wouldn't have liked Beatrix as a fully playable, her personality changed too much. When she's against, she's cocky, when she's with you, she acts like a weakling. I was kind of hoping she would be like Magus off Chrono Trigger, Magus never loses any aspect of his original personality when he joins your team.

f f freak
06-01-2006, 06:46 PM
how the hell does her personality change she is exactly the same she has all the same moves she is still as strong as hell and she just plain rocks and how is she a weakling huh? huh? huh? answer me

Darth Cid
06-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Zidane: She's like all Dias Flac-eqse (Dias Flac from Star Ocean 2) characters, they act all big and bad, they defeated you battle, then when they join your team, all that cockiness goes out the window and suddenly they suck. Beatrix fell on the first Mistoden in the castle siege, that's just plain wrong, if there was a way for you to defeat characters like Beatrix and Dias Flac when you're up against them, my opinion would change; however, when they're against you, no can beat them, and when they join your team, anyone can beat them, that's sad. Beatrix, Dias Flac(and while we're at it Kain) are the kind of characters I can't stand because you want to teach them a lesson and take them down a peg, but the game prompts it to where you can't.

f f freak
06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
then i think u suck at the game ZAG because she has awesome abilities, armour and magic or did u unequip her armour because thats just low. thats her armour damn u!!!.
also if anything the game makes her weaker when she is against u because she uses stock break twice n climhazzard once in the three fights n they only take ur hp to 1 but when u control her climhazzard inflicts like 2000 hp to the enemies.well what do u have to say in ur defence?

blue phoenix
06-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Beatrix is supremely overrated, her Hp and Mp are weak. Steiners was greater.

f f freak
06-03-2006, 08:26 PM
and so what you hardly have long enuf to train her and obviously steiners was greater coz u could get him to higher levels in the game. I like steiner so im not tryin to dis him
but if you were able to have beatrix longer, like permanently, she would be able to match steiners hp n mp maybe even beat his. she is not overrated!!!

Darth Cid
06-04-2006, 12:25 AM
then i think u suck at the game ZAG because she has awesome abilities, armour and magic or did u unequip her armour because thats just low. thats her armour damn u!!!.
also if anything the game makes her weaker when she is against u because she uses stock break twice n climhazzard once in the three fights n they only take ur hp to 1 but when u control her climhazzard inflicts like 2000 hp to the enemies.well what do u have to say in ur defence?

Zidane: How does hating or liking Beatrix have anything to do with how good you are on a game? I've beaten FFIX several times. And you've proven my point for me, so there's no need to defend myself. Beatrix, on three battles against her, is an unstoppable force, which is bull, then she her stats lower like hell when she becomes a teammate, that's weak, and why would I want to unequip her armor? I found her armor useless, the only thing that would have been of use was the yellow scarf, to give Quina the Gillionaire ability. And you've proven my point why does Stock Break and Climhazzard seem like all-powerful attacks when you're up against her, and then become normal damage attacks when she's a teammate? Ifrit could cast Blizzaga on himself and that would make more sense than how Stock Break and Climhazzard work.

EDIT - I fail to see why you make a big deal out of my opinion, but I will stand my ground on it.

Leeza
06-04-2006, 03:50 AM
f f freak: if you are going to post here, you better learn to have respect for other people's opinions.

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2006, 11:19 AM
*makes whipping sound*

Fantasy Fan
06-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Though Eiko dying wouldn't be that bad.
I think it would have been really cool! Not only that but imagine how Garnet would have felt if it Eiko was killed by Brahne or Kuja or Necron? And then how that would of made Steiner, Beatrix and Zidane feel? I think Eiko dying would have been a very good thing! :D

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
I just don't like her...hehe

Darkwing Bahamut
06-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Beatrix is my favourite female character in FFIX. She's one of the few characters I can really relate to in the games. She's also the character with the most development in my opinion, how she was an enemy at first but had a change of heart later on in the game. I never get tired of her personality, it had a slight sense of realism, something the other characters didn't seem to have.

daggertrepe
06-09-2006, 02:46 PM
People, people. I am like the numba 1 beatix fan, so heres MY opinion!

1. Beatrix IS cocky at the beginning, and also very powerful. Remeber, she is at level 16 and you are at like level 8. She could beat you any day! But then when you level up, Steiner gets even better! But my point is that even though is was cocky, she was just doing her job. Part of bringing down your opponent is being cocky so their defense is lower. Then when she gets to the red rose, her true personality is let out. I mean, if she's on the evil side, what do you expect her to say?

"I'm very sorry about stealing the jewel, I KNOW it's a bad deed, please forgive me for helping Brahne destroy the world!"

Now that's incrediblly stupid and Beatrix was fine. She just realized her doings of evil later on. That's why she acted so evil at first. But I think they COULD have toned down the cockiness.

2. Steiner could beat her out any day cuz he's a man! (and a strong one at that)

He can use all the same abilities and make them do more damage then her! The only differnece is that Steiner is WAY stronger and Beatrix can use white magic! (a.k.a. holy)

So don't insult Beatrix just cuz you've leveled up. She still has her dignity.

And by the way Eiko can use holy and holy does WAY more than any of Garnet's summons! :rolleyes2

Darth Cid
06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
And by the way Eiko can use holy and holy does WAY more than any of Garnet's summons!

Zidane: Since when? 1) Holy has an element meaning it can be resisted or absorbed, 2) It can only attack one person, 3) You can Reflect Holy. Bahamut's unprotectable, unshellable, unblockable, unabsorbable Non-elemental Mega Flare pwns Holy doing 9,999 damage to all monsters, at least the way I got it, it does that.

daggertrepe
06-09-2006, 07:10 PM
And by the way Eiko can use holy and holy does WAY more than any of Garnet's summons!

Zidane: Since when? 1) Holy has an element meaning it can be resisted or absorbed, 2) It can only attack one person, 3) You can Reflect Holy. Bahamut's unprotectable, unshellable, unblockable, unabsorbable Non-elemental Mega Flare pwns Holy doing 9,999 damage to all monsters, at least the way I got it, it does that.

But in the end, theres only single bosses, which makes bahamut a waste of magic. None of the bosses absorb holy anyway...

Darth Cid
06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Zidane: Holy is still weaker than Bahamut anyway, if you put Garnet against Beatrix or Eiko gave them a Pumice Piece, Pumice Pieces absorb Holy and Shadow elemental attacks, so Beatrix and Eiko trying Holy...would not work, Garnet using Bahamut on the other hand, Mega Flare yields no element to absorb or block, Reflect has no effect on it either. Beatrix or Eiko casts Holy to Garnet 9,999 recovery due to the pumice piece. I could see Garnet quoting Rubicant(FFIV) "Poor technique, this is how it's done!" Garnet summons Bahamut 9,999 damage because no element means no way to absorb or block it, PWNED!

daggertrepe
06-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Zidane: Holy is still weaker than Bahamut anyway, if you put Garnet against Beatrix or Eiko gave them a Pumice Piece, Pumice Pieces absorb Holy and Shadow elemental attacks, so Beatrix and Eiko trying Holy...would not work, Garnet using Bahamut on the other hand, Mega Flare yields no element to absorb or block, Reflect has no effect on it either. Beatrix or Eiko casts Holy to Garnet 9,999 recovery due to the pumice piece. I could see Garnet quoting Rubicant(FFIV) "Poor technique, this is how it's done!" Garnet summons Bahamut 9,999 damage because no element means no way to absorb or block it, PWNED!

Well, when I used Garnet Bahamut only did like 2000 against Eiko's 9000 holy. And besides, cast reflect off yourself, have on auto regan and auto haste so you don't have to cure, and keep reflecting holy off yourself. Costs a lot less than using bahamut or odin all the time. Madeen is my fav summon anyway.

Darth Cid
06-09-2006, 07:54 PM

Well, when I used Garnet Bahamut only did like 2000 against Eiko's 9000 holy. And besides, cast reflect off yourself, have on auto regan and auto haste so you don't have to cure, and keep reflecting holy off yourself. Costs a lot less than using bahamut or odin all the time. Madeen is my fav summon anyway.

Zidane: Perhaps, you didn't use the equipment properly, upon equiping Garnet properly she does 9,999 damage with Bahamut by the time you reach Terra and Madeen has the Holy element too. So Pumice Piece would absorb Terra Homing too. Half MP also helps, did you get equipment that does Half MP, it works wonders for Garnet and Eiko alike.

daggertrepe
06-09-2006, 07:55 PM

Zidane: Perhaps, you didn't use the equipment properly, upon equiping Garnet properly she does 9,999 damage with Bahamut by the time you reach Terra.

Yeah, I actually think that's it.

Darth Cid
06-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Zidane: Might be, if you favor Eiko you usually give her the best, likewise if you favor Garnet she gets the best, but Eiko using the second best(I believe, I don't fully remember) boosts what Holy's and Madeen's damage factor accounts for. Back to Beatrix.

daggertrepe
06-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Yes, isn't she wonderful???!!! :D

Holy Lancer
05-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I liked Batrix alot. It would've been cool if she joined the party for the rest of the game after she turns against Brahne. But it would make the game too easy with her ownage sword abilities. They could've made the enemies more difficult, but FF9 is still the best.

Finola
05-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I wonder why anyone would hate her.. Well maybe cuz of what she was like at first.

I like her, she looks hot and she's a good fighter (has the good abilities). And she and Steiner are a good couple and the love letter scene - oh it's my favourite.

Leeza
05-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Please do not revive threads that are so old. Start a new thread on the topic if you still wish to discuss it.