PDA

View Full Version : One of the best movies I have ever seen!

Hroth
06-18-2005, 06:04 AM
I just watched The Phantom Of The Opera and I absolutely regret not seeing it earlier. This is a beautiful movie. It is the pure definition of music. Everyone who loves music has to watch this movie, it is incredibly beautiful and the story is very touching as well. My highest recommandation.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Which one?

nik0tine
06-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Then I'm gonna have to see this, I guess.

Meat Puppet
06-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I've only seen the one when I was twelve and I had to dress up and I got angry because my hair was tidy and there was lots of old idiots talking and coughing and then it was half time or maybe quarter and I had some chocolate cake and messed up my hair and I felt better so I went back to watch the movie but I don't think it was a movie because it all seemed too real for my tastes and there was no popcorn or booze or zitty teenagers making sex in the row behind me so I was a tad confused.

Dreddz
06-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Movies like that get no attention, but should do as they are great

Chris
06-18-2005, 12:35 PM
I've seen the Broadway show... and it's nothing like the movie; it's WAY better. The movie sucked ass. :D ?

Rye
06-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I feel the same exact way about the movie. I saw it a week ago, I think. When I saw it, I cried through a lot of the movie, it was so amazing. And the singing was phenomonal.

Hroth
06-18-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm talking about the new one that came out this winter. I don't the actors names' in it but they're all good singers. I'm not surprised the Broadway show was better, all theatre is better in a live show then on a movie, they tend to make movies worst than the real thing usually.

Cruise Control
06-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Like when Americans take a Japenese, make a movie of it, and erase all the parts that had any meaning, then your stuck with sheer violence!
Damn our narrow-minded culture!

Silmaril
06-18-2005, 08:00 PM
:<3: I love the :<3: movie so much:<3: that I just :<3: can't stress it enough :<3:

Hroth
06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
I think you just "overstressed" it, it ruined my life now. I happen to like those japanese movies like The Ring and The Grudge, but I agree, Ju-on and Ringu were much better than the american versions.

Madame Adequate
06-18-2005, 09:50 PM
I think you just "overstressed" it, it ruined my life now. I happen to like those japanese movies like The Ring and The Grudge, but I agree, Ju-on and Ringu were much better than the american versions.

As an aside, Ringu kicks the crap out of The Ring, but I prefer The Grudge to Ju-on.

But POTO is a pretty good movie. I love the bit near the start where the memories wash over the opera house and bring it back to life... that bit made me shed a tear.

But some of those songs dragged on a bit. Never the best ones.

Hroth
06-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Maybe a little, but I wasn't really paying attention to the singing as much as the instrumental parts of the whole music. I mean the singing was beautiful, but it got sort of monotone and boring at some point but the instrumental was just straight beautiful all the time. The part where I almost shed a tear was when **SPOILER** Christine kisses the phantom and he tells her to leave with le vicompte and he goes and plays with his monkey cymbal thing and she comes and gives back the ring. It is so touching... If you got it that is.