Well...

I went with Fatal Frame *shudders*

Dreddz
06-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I picked Silent Hill 3
The others have mild boo moments while SH3 has a more creepy atmosphere

Devourment
06-18-2005, 11:10 AM
The Silent Hill games are much scarier than Resident Evil games.. I get bored of the Resident Evil games.

But yeah.. I'm saying Silent Hill 1, even though it's not on the list. Because it's the only Silent Hill I've played on (But I'm sure that SH 3 is scary). & I've played on most of the Resident Evil games.

Zeldy
06-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Shadow man and Eternal Darkness *shudders*

Destai
06-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Alone in the dark was pretty creepy. Well the demo I played of it was.

Chris
06-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Silent Hill because I love candy-covered chocolate-treat-in-boxes games.

Slothy
06-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Silent Hill 3. It's the scariest game in a series that has always managed to be scarier than any other game out there that I've played. RE has never been scary. It'll make you jump at something unexpected, but it doesn't hold up after the first playthrough. I've played the original SH several times and it never ceases to terrify me. As for SH3, I've played through it once when it originally came out and haven't worked up the nerve for a second playthrough yet. They don't come any scarier.

MecaKane
06-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Half-life.
Those things on the ceiling that pull you up are... unsetteling.

KentaRawr!
06-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Super Mario 64...Darn Piano...

Erdrick Holmes
06-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Old school Doom games if you play them with PSX sound and music mods. Also, Silent Hill 4 was the only SH game to ever give me nightmares. But I think the scariest game of all has to be Charlies Angels for the Gamecube.

Dr.K
06-18-2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.bestsoftwareprice.com/images/Big%20Rigs%20Over%20the%20Road%20Racing.jpg
One reviewer gave it 4%. 'Nuff said.

Rye
06-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Super Mario 64...Darn Piano...

xD I was scared of it too.

Little Miss Awesome
06-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, the scariest game I own is Project Zero, so, yeah :p
I think Silent Hill 3 looks way scary though, yet good :D

Psychotic
06-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Tomb Raider is the only game to have ever scared me, and I've played games like the Resident Evil series and the Silent Hill series. Tomb Raider is the one that made me yell.

...fucking bear.

Cruise Control
06-18-2005, 05:25 PM
What was scary about tomb raider, was how horrible that game was!

Psychotic
06-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Yes, there was that, and there was the bear!

Slothy
06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Half-life.

Those didn't really bother me (probably because they're pretty harmless), but now that I'm thinking about it, the Half-life 2 level Ravenholm was really scary. Especially due to the lack of ammo around the place. That gravity gun was great, but those zombies were fast. Never thought I'd actually come to fear head crabs either.

Destai
06-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Tomb Raider is the only game to have ever scared me, and I've played games like the Resident Evil series and the Silent Hill series. Tomb Raider is the one that made me yell.

...smurfing bear.hahaha The only game that I was genuinely scared to play was tomb raider 3 when the tigers attack you on the first level.

SomethingBig
06-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Silent Hill 2 was insanely scary. It had the atmosphere and the perfect monsters. Pyramid Head is probably the scariest video-game monster ever. None of the other SHs really did it for me.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-18-2005, 07:38 PM
The creepiest game I own and have played is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and its not out-and-out scary, just kind of unsettling.

Really though, I'd probably have to say anything with the words "Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen" in the title.

KoShiatar
06-18-2005, 08:55 PM
The scariest game I ever played was old Chiller. The graphics were 8-bit, but the game was kinda sick. Really.

Yuffie514
06-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Silent Hill. 'tis like in a serial killer's mind. this game is pure evil.

Necronopticous
06-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Doom 3.

Sepho
06-18-2005, 09:11 PM
It's hard to say. Silent Hill 2, and the series as a whole, is creepier than any RE game I've played. It just has such an eery atmosphere. For in-your-face scares though, the Resident Evil remake on GameCube probably had me more scared in the sense of "I don't want to open this door. I don't want to go into the next room." than any other game I've played to date.

nik0tine
06-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Really though, I'd probably have to say anything with the words "Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen" in the title. There's a reason Devil May Kick Ass (http://www.definitely-mka.de/index.php?language=de) is so scary.

Hroth
06-18-2005, 09:21 PM
I tell ya, I don't like Doom 3 much, but it's a hella scary game. It plays with all the light effects nicely and forces you to use a flashlight alot of the time so you can see in the dark so that evil bastards don't creep up on you, but the longer you play, you get bored of having the flashlight so you stop using it and that's when it gets scary. You see nice items laying on the ground, you run up to pick them up and some evil zombie will rise from the ground and scratch you and it's all in the dark so you don't see it and you don't know what's going on so you just die. I had a few serious jumps playing this game and I haven't even like done the first mission or anything. It's damn scary.

And yes, Ravenholm in HL2 is /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif scary, I just beat it now and it's not fun to get jumped on by aliens all the time.

krissy
06-18-2005, 09:28 PM
sh1

locker :{{{{

and revnholm in hl2 was pretty bad too

Lindy
06-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Silent Hill 4, or Project Zero.

Early Zero made me giggle, "THE ROOOOPPPPAAAARRGGHHHHHSSSS", yes Ogata, you're scary.

Then along came Blinded Demon and Kirie.

Vengence
06-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Silent Hill 4, or Project Zero.

Early Zero made me giggle, "THE ROOOOPPPPAAAARRGGHHHHHSSSS", yes Ogata, you're scary.

Then along came Blinded Demon and Kirie.

*Agrees with the Silent Hill 4*

Madame Adequate
06-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Well, the scariest game I own is Project Zero, so, yeah :p
I think Silent Hill 3 looks way scary though, yet good :D

Project Zero and Fatal Frame are the same games, for those not in the know. *nods* PZ is the Japanese and UK title, whilst FF is the US one. I think Fatal Frame is coolest... but meh.

They're both scary as hell, and Silent Hill 1 even more so.

But I'm going to have to go with Half-Life 2. I have never seen anything as scary as Ravenholm in my life.

Alice
06-18-2005, 09:57 PM
fatal frame 2.. ive never screamed at a video game before until then.. and have yet to do so. lol... we played it in a large group, it was like a scary movie! mwa ha! boo

KentaRawr!
06-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Actually, scratch Sm64. Vagrant Story is the scariest.

The main character wore a thong, and his name was "Ashley"...

Mary Kate & Ashley Riot...ew...

Zeldy
06-19-2005, 01:29 AM
Actually, scratch Sm64. Vagrant Story is the scariest.

I bought that game really cheap and never played it :)

KentaRawr!
06-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Play it and be scared.

Cless
06-19-2005, 05:57 AM
I've played them all, but I think that Project Zero/Fatal Frame is a totally different ball game. Honestly, I cannot force myself to play that on my own anymore. I'm serious, it actually makes me physically sick. I'd made my way through a good few hours of it, and it's a shame that I don't have the courage to stick it in again to finish what I'd started.

Yes, I am a total wuss. :p

Jowy
06-19-2005, 06:26 AM
The part where the dog jumps out of the window in the original Resident Evil had me horrified for weeks when I was a kid.

disapointedchild
06-19-2005, 07:01 AM
I dont get scared.

Yamaguchi Oyabun
06-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Silent Hill 1, 2 (especially 2) and 4 are extremely scary (I didn't find 3 that scary). RE1 (the first game) was quite atmospheric but all other RE games since are not even close to Silent Hill series. Project Zero series were nice too.

Oh and Vagrant Story. It was thrilling to play but not scary. It's probably one of Squaresoft's best product next to FFTactics, and Xenogears.

Perducci
06-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Manhunt scared me... But only because of all the ways you can kill people...

SomethingBig
06-19-2005, 02:28 PM
If we're talkin' about what games scared us the most, then RE for the Playstation. I first saw my brothers playing it when I was, like, 10. The part where Jill/Chris see their first zombie will stay burned in my mind forever.

theundeadhero
06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I haven't played most of these games . The game that did scar me the most was the first Quake. It gave me a totally creeped out feeling and there were so many moments when I jumped with a AHHHHHH! and hands flying up in the air, followed by a rush trying to put my hands back on the keyboard so I don't die.

... and yes, smurfing bear.

KuRt
06-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Doom3

that game makes the player paranoid.
Also my cousin who is 4 years older than me is so scared of the game that he doesn´t want to play it anymore. he got trough the 3 first levels...

Old Manus
06-19-2005, 07:59 PM
*shudders*

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/bb/bbc-multimedia-bob-the-builder-can-we-fix-it-ps1.jpg

Craig
06-19-2005, 08:01 PM
I've only played the first Silent Hill, I tried to be scared but I just ended up being annoyed by all the fog and got bored.

Going out on a limb I'd say Resi: CV, it wasn't really that scary but from what I played of it I did get a couple of jumps.

Shoeberto
06-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Half-life.

Those didn't really bother me (probably because they're pretty harmless), but now that I'm thinking about it, the Half-life 2 level Ravenholm was really scary. Especially due to the lack of ammo around the place. That gravity gun was great, but those zombies were fast. Never thought I'd actually come to fear head crabs either.
Kane: Wuss!
Vivi: Oh hell yeah. That part was freaky as hell, especially with the skinless zombies that ran across the roofs. I loved the gratuitous use of the sawblades, though.

The first game that ever really scared me was RE2. My friend and I rented it after he played the first at one of his friend's house and he thought it'd be cool. We got to the point in the beginning where you run into a dumpster and we had ran out of ammo and we were scared. We had no idea how to get over the dumpster, and when we did it scared us so much that we ran over and turned the PS1 off and didn't play the game the rest of the time we had it. I hated RE for the longest time; now it's one of my favorite series.

SH, yes. Definately scary. I need to play 3 and 4 yet.

Doom 3 is among the RE GC remake as one of the most nerve-wracking games I've ever played. I couldn't play it in too long of sessions, just because of how paranoid I'd get while playing it. The ammo limitation made it even worse.

Cruise Control
06-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Manhunt was scary
Maybe it's just me, but I thought manhunt was hilarious, my sides hurt from laughing after I strangled a guy.

FFr 2, my only complaint is OMFG they run so slow, but otherwise that game is flippin awesome. It's great party game, my friend was in thee corner covering his ears because the background souind freaked him out, it was midnight after a scary movie marathon, we were very vulnerable to fright, I had a hard time bringing my self to use the controller.

I opened this door, a cloth waved and my friend was all "OMG!!! Close the door quick, snatched the controller shut the door and ran!" we were that frightened by it! Like the psycho children in kimono's...

DHEvil
06-20-2005, 09:56 AM
*shudders*

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/bb/bbc-multimedia-bob-the-builder-can-we-fix-it-ps1.jpg

I clicked your avatar. Is that YOUR website?

kikimm
06-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Honestly, I cannot force myself to play that on my own anymore. I'm serious, it actually makes me physically sick.

I didn't think anyone else had that problem. My brother tried to play Silent Hill, and he says the same thing. Of course I just made fun of him for it, but...

As for me, I have to go with Silent Hill. Out of the whole series, that's the one that scared me the most. Silent Hill 3 was also pretty damn creepy as well.

OH! I change my mind---Vampire masquerade: Bloodlines. THAT is a creepy game. There is one mission involving you going to a "haunted" hotel to pick up something...my God. I've never been so scard playing a video game before. I left my room, repeatedly, to go run around my house and scream. *shudder* Too creepy, but I love it.

:D