PDA

View Full Version : Copycat

crazybayman
06-18-2005, 03:51 PM
What is this special ability for?

BlackRibon
06-18-2005, 04:04 PM
you can copy the last move of your ally except overdrives and summons.

ZuZu
06-18-2005, 04:04 PM
very useful ;)

Cruise Control
06-18-2005, 05:09 PM
If only you could copy ultima fury, or shooting star.

FinalBob42
06-19-2005, 01:58 AM

Explain. If Auron attacks an enemy, and Rikku has Copycat, will she attack the enemy also and do the same amount of damage as Auron?

CaptRory
06-19-2005, 02:07 AM
I never really used Copycat. I think it only copies the action.

So if Lulu uses Firaga and does 200 damage and Rikku uses Copycat but has half the magic skill of Lulu she will probably only do 100 damage. I'm just guessing though I hardly used it.

Sweet Beloved
06-19-2005, 02:12 AM
I thought you could copy the enemies abilities or something....

CaptRory
06-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Kimahri is the only character that can use enemy abilities. And that is only if he uses his overdrive. http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10/overdrive.shtml#k

Cruise Control
06-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Kimahri annoys me, so it's fun to have him use Self-Destruct!

NotQuiteNecessary
06-19-2005, 09:43 PM
I liked Kimahri. I always used my misc. spheres(what I call Magic Spheres, Luck Spheres, ect.) on him because of his unfortunate position in the sphere grid. I also taught him 'Steal' and 'Use' early on. He made a wonderful substitute for Rikku.

There was a point in my game where Kimahri had higher stats than anyone. Higher Strength and Defense than Aruon, higher Magic than Lulu, higher Agility than Tidus, higher Accuracy than Wakka, higher Magic Defense than Yuna, and higher Luck than Rikku. Needless to say, he was an asset. I also got him to learn basic spells from each section of the sphere grid, such as Haste and Slow, Cure and the 'Nuls, all of Lulu's first level spells, Wakka's Dark, Silence, and Sleep attacks, and Auron's 'Breaks'. Of course, I took a lot of shortcuts, but when he finally learned Hastega and Slowga Tidus just got bumped from the picture.

Yes, Kimahri became a staple in my game. So did Auron and Lulu. It wasn't uncommon to see the three of them together as a party. Funny how the characters that put Tidus in his place did so well in my game.

Cruise Control
06-19-2005, 09:56 PM
The only reason I didin't use him, was because I found him to be a combination of Tidus spead and Auron's strength, except both halves were increadibly powered down.

He never saw black magic for a while, because I used those spheres on Yuna, since Tidus Auron and Yuna became my party, and all three of them new LVL 3 black magic, steal, and bribe!

crazybayman
06-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks.

So do I end up learning a new ability, or just copy the action once in battle?

I had Tidus learn it, and tried copying Auron's Armour break, but it didn't work.

Old Manus
06-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Kimahri is the only character that can use enemy abilities. And that is only if he uses his overdrive. http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10/overdrive.shtml#k

Someone actually links to the frontsite!

Copycat makes the character call for Leeza then she closes the battle.