PDA

View Full Version : A Dissapointment in FF7

Vengence
06-19-2005, 02:14 AM
*THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T BEATEN FF7*

I loved FF7 but was dissapointed at the end. Now this may seem pointless to a lot of people but I was dissapointed that you only fought Sephiroth in his...let's say "Mutated" form. I think a head on fight with the regular "human form" of Sephiroth would have been sweet. Kinda like when it's just him and Cloud and you finish him off with Omnislash. You see him as just Sephiroth through the WHOLE game just waiting to get at him and when you finally do, you fight this freakin weird form of him you've never seen before and never even get to have a full battle with just plain ol' Sephiroth in his human form!

I think he would have been more powerful because then he would probably use his magic that you saw if you went to the menu and looked at his magic in Cloud's flashback which would cause a lot of damage to your party. (He had every magic spell if I remember correctly.) Also, his Masamune does about 3400 damage every hit! With all that give him a lot of HP and he would probably be a formidable last boss. Maybe even close to the Emerald Weapon's strength! But instead you fight these weird "mutated" forms of him called Bizzaro and Safer Sephiroth who are both pathetically easy to beat even if your party's levels range from 55 to 60! That's why I was dissapointed..What does everyone else think?

Luthien Rogue
06-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Omg play the game and pay attention. :) *grabs Squall and throws him into this Topic* He'll be here in just a moment. :)

Squall of SeeD
06-19-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm a little late. ^^;

Anyway, those mutated forms were there for two reasons:

1) JENOVA and Sephiroth were melding into one

&

2) It was symbolic of certain things. Read this Thread (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64007) for more information.

From a storyline perspective, those mutated forms were a lot more valuable than fighting Sephiroth's normal form.