PDA

View Full Version : love red, ambivalence black

Necronopticous
06-19-2005, 03:03 AM
This probably won't excite most of you as much as it does me, however I thought it should be known that I was browsing Square-Enix Japan today and found this:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/dod2

If Drakengard 2 doesn't come out in America I'll blame all of you for not supporting the first one.

Yuffie514
06-19-2005, 08:46 AM
hey, i supported it! i can't wait for it, and if it doesn't come out here :chuckle: ..well...i achieve me goals thru piracy :D !

Cless
06-19-2005, 09:21 AM
I thought it was great, and will no doubt be getting the second one if it actually comes out over here, that is. It's supposed to be set a good few years after the events of the first one, isn't it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Could have told you about this at least six months ago, J.

Necronopticous
06-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Well you should have, K.

sephiroth9006
06-20-2005, 01:15 AM
*looks at it* yeah i liked drakengard i think this one will be good,i'm disspointed at one thing though,arioch isn't in it...:( i liked her she was cool,phsyco woman..)
but yeah it should be released in england/america,as i think drakengard was quite successful wasn't it?
but either way it looks cool,caim looks better in this game as well.

EDIT:OMG!!this game looks really good,the fighting looks so much more intense the grachics are alot smoother,jeez i really hope this game is released in england/america

kikimm
06-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Yeah, I've known about this for awhile now, but I'm still super excited. Although I'm really doubtful that it's going to come out here, from what I've read. I hope I'm wrong, though. It looks really good.

As always, it's really nice seeing support for the first one on this site....on anywhere, actually.

And for the first time: YAY YAY OMG DRAKENGARD 2!

:D

TurkSlayer
06-21-2005, 12:18 AM
I never played the first one, but obviously it was really good. Can someone tell me what its about before I decide to buy it?

Anyway, the trailer for this game looks really awesome.

kikimm
06-21-2005, 02:16 AM
WELL

I'd rather not give too much away, but this is what Drakengard is about, on the very surface:

It's the Union (the "good guys") against the Empire (the "bad guys"). Your main guy, Caim, has gotten both of his parents killed by a dragon, but still fights, because he has to protect his sister, Furiae, who is the chosen Goddess. As he's fighting his way to her, he gets mortally wounded, but "stumbles" upon a dragon, who is also dying. Caim knows that if he makes a "pact" with this beast, it can save both their lives, and also give them the strength to fight, and possibly defeat the Empire, and save Furiae. So, even though Caim despises dragons, he puts that aside to help others (or also to continue trying to fill his bloodlust, however you want to look at it), and they start out and this quest, which, obviously, turns into something much, much larger and more interesting.

AND IT'S PURE GENIUS AND I LOVE IT.

You should too. :)

kikimm
06-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Okay I know I'm double posting, but this is important, so sue me.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/626/626733p1.html?

Maybe Drakengard 2 isn't as far off as I thought. But maybe it is. Gah, I'm dying over here.

TurkSlayer
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
WELL

I'd rather not give too much away, but this is what Drakengard is about, on the very surface:

It's the Union (the "good guys") against the Empire (the "bad guys"). Your main guy, Caim, has gotten both of his parents killed by a dragon, but still fights, because he has to protect his sister, Furiae, who is the chosen Goddess. As he's fighting his way to her, he gets mortally wounded, but "stumbles" upon a dragon, who is also dying. Caim knows that if he makes a "pact" with this beast, it can save both their lives, and also give them the strength to fight, and possibly defeat the Empire, and save Furiae. So, even though Caim despises dragons, he puts that aside to help others (or also to continue trying to fill his bloodlust, however you want to look at it), and they start out and this quest, which, obviously, turns into something much, much larger and more interesting.

AND IT'S PURE GENIUS AND I LOVE IT.

You should too. :)

Thanks. it sounds awesome. I'll probably buy it when I make enough money.