PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about this game

TheDragoonKain
06-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Haha, okay, I expect to be totally crucified for this but here goes.

I read over the forums pretty good before asking this so I hope this hasn't been covered yet. I'm on World of Warcraft right now and seriously considering buying Final Fantasy XI. I heard that Chains of Promanthia was discontinued for the PS2 because it wasn't selling good and all sorts of other crap, and that it -wasn't- discontinued for the PC. However a friend of mine who came from FFXI said the whole game may be discontinued soon because not enough people are playing it. Is this true, or is my friend bat/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif insane?

My only other question is about the sub jobs or whatever. I understand you aren't supposed to be whatever you want, you "have" to pick something that benefits your main job, and therefore the party. I just want to know is there some place with a list of what subs you should pick depending on your main job? I'll tell you right now I plan on doing a Dragoon and a Dark Knight. [I'm on a bit of an FF4 kick right now so I will shamelessly copy Kain and Cecil hehe]

Oh last question - how much time does it usually take to level up to 30?

Not -completely- retarded questions I hope.

Lionx
06-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Your friend is pretty insane. While alot of people did migrate over to Guild Wars and WoW, FFXI has mantained a steady pace suffering minor losts. It still has a steady playerbase and still steadly growing with new people, and people comming back from the Return to VanaDiel program. Maybe your friend wanted you to stay in WoW...but i have no noticed any startling changes a few months after WoW's release or any big hit like that.

Up to 30? I dont know...if you are hardcore i say a month with subjobs and rank 3-4 and the farming.

Subjob lists i dont think there is any...theres many subjob choices out there that are better for different kinds of things...however exp parties are generally why they are there. I can list a few for DRK and DRG.

DRK:

DRK/WAR-Up til 60ish its great, and even beyond its great, just use Scythe when you are beyond 60. Great DoT and good abilities.

DRK/THF-Great post-60 with a GSword closing Skillchains.

DRK/WHM-Valkurm dunes with a lack of healers.

DRK/NIN- ONLY WITH KRAKEN CLUB(20mil on our server), Utusemi up and Souleater+Blood Weapon 2hr => Adamatoise = Dead HNM in a quicky.

DRG:

DRG/WAR-Great all throughout the levels.

DRG/THF-Great for closing skillchains but not really that useful since DRGs rarely if ever close them.

DRG/WHM-post 60 is great for soloing and certain Ground HNMs.

TheDragoonKain
06-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey thanks for responding, I was starting to think no one would. I am pretty sure I will buy FFXI at this point, even if I only end up playing the trial month or whatever. It seems like it's worth the 30 bucks it costs now, hehe. Oh and I'm curious, not going to ask which server, since everyone says something different, but I'm curious, is that MidgarSomromr (sp?) server invitation only, or can you automatically go to it?

Thanks.

Lionx
06-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Its random which server you go to. Should you want to come to midgard however you need to give us the OK to give you a pass to invite.

DJZen
06-20-2005, 03:16 AM
You opinion of which job you might want to play as your main might change once you start playing and learn how the different jobs play. I always thought I wanted to be a WAR before I started playing, but I've only now realized I want to be playing as a BLM. Try playing a variety of jobs to get a feel for 'em. You might be suprised what you enjoy doing most.

TheDragoonKain
06-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh yes, I fully intend to try most everything, but just at my first analysis I guess those two seem like what I'd be most interested in. And would you really do that? Give a world invite to someone on the forums just because they asked? That's really cool if so.

I probably won't get this game for another week or two, but once I do I'm sure I'll be posting on here more.

Lionx
06-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Yes, i am willing to help people out should they want to move into the Midgard server. ^^;

DJZen
06-21-2005, 05:31 AM
Yeah, Lionx gave me a link pearl about 2 minutes after I logged into Midgardsormr for the first time. Red Lotus is nice like that.

lordblazer
06-21-2005, 06:52 AM
i left FF11 for a bit to play lineage 2 and man lvling ont hat game is easy two weeks I'm already vl 65 lol crazy.So i joined a clan and did a few castle sieges and a few battles such anmd and a lot of RPGing drama woot.Then I left lol poor customer service NCsoft has.

Lionx
06-21-2005, 07:09 AM
You smell like soot and poo!!! :D