PDA

View Full Version : is yuna older than tidus or are they the same age?

Dr.M
06-19-2005, 10:19 AM
in X we all know that yuna and tidus are 17, but since tidus, you know, is yuna older or are they still the same. im confused? :confused:

Tai-Ti
06-19-2005, 11:02 AM
errr, what do u mean by "you know" exactly? Ive just always considered them the same age, as they are, like u said, both 17.

Drift
06-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Tidus is older he's been dead for quite a few years now aint he?

Slade
06-20-2005, 05:43 AM
Tidus probably dosnt age. Thats what i think

The Anarchy Angel
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
methinks they're both the same...but then the whole dead thing and he comes back the same as he was before and Yuna is nineteen n all...

ChaosShadow
06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Tidus is older he's been dead for quite a few years now aint he?Wait but in Final Fantasy X dont they show Tidus as a lil boy so that shows that he's ageing :D , plus if u got to Finish Final Fantasy X then u'd know that Tidus swims from down below and smims up, honsestly i think that he's alive .Isn't he :confused: ?
Thats my opinion soo dont take it to seriously

Rhi
06-20-2005, 06:07 PM
sooooo................when tidus comes back in x-2 ur saying that hes 19 like Yuna?

thinking of names is hard
06-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Maybe....well techniquely tidus is something like 1017. He travels 1000 years in the future with Sin. Perhaps he has lost track of how old he is :)
Oh....almost forgot. At the end (Spoiler):You can unlock different cut scenes at the end depending on how well you did in the game. One of the cut scenes is Tidus coming back to life for some reason or other.

SeeDRankLou
06-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Maybe....well techniquely tidus is something like 1017. He travels 1000 years in the future with Sin. Perhaps he has lost track of how old he is :)
Mmmm.....no. (If you were joking, sorry I didn't get it :D )

Tidus was 17 when he disappeared. He doesn't seem to have any recollection of the two years he was gone, so I think he's still 17. While Yuna has aged two years, so she is now 19 and now older.

06-20-2005, 08:20 PM
(no i wasnt joking, i think i might be referring to final fantasy x.)
So if tidus was gone for two years, wouldnt he be two years older? I cant remmember what i was doing two years ago....so instead of being 15 does that make me 13?

Big D
06-21-2005, 05:13 AM
(no i wasnt joking, i think i might be referring to final fantasy x.)There is absolutely no time travel in FFX. You may need to replay the game and note the finer details of the plot...

At the end of FFX, he disappeared and went to the Farplane. It's fair to assume that he didn't age during this time (what with being an incorporeal spirit), so when he was 'recreated' two years later, he'd still be his 17-year-old self. This puts him two years behind Yuna, but who's counting?

SeeDRankLou
06-21-2005, 09:07 AM
(no i wasnt joking, i think i might be referring to final fantasy x.)
And I think you might not be.

So if tidus was gone for two years, wouldnt he be two years older? I cant remmember what i was doing two years ago....so instead of being 15 does that make me 13?
I don't remember what I was doing when I was 5, so instead of being 25 does that make me 5? [/sarcasm] You were alive in the realm of physical space in your current form during the two years prior to this, so it's a tad different situation.

Zante
06-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, Auron did age after he was killed, so I think Tidus did too.

Craig
06-21-2005, 10:53 AM
No, Auron was killed but stayed on Spira and didn't get sent. Tidus was a dream of the fayth and once Sin was defeated they stopped dreaming, leading Tidus to go the Farplane.

ChaosShadow
06-21-2005, 06:12 PM
sooooo................when tidus comes back in x-2 ur saying that hes 19 like Yuna?Exactly

Dante WolfWood
06-21-2005, 07:07 PM
no...I believe tidus is 17 and yuna is 19 in x-2, umm, tidus wasnt THERE for two years, he was just a incorporal spirit like Big D said. He had no body to age with, and no memory of the next two years.

and we've alreadyy had a LONG discussion on how auron aged; here are the theories:
1.if you die and arent sent, you still age if you are still human

2.well, you dont age when youre dead but since he lived in the dream
world for 10 years and the dream world is opposite from the real world, maybe the dead age there?

3.he just plainly allowed himself to age to not seem dead :p

4.The fayth knew of what he was doing so they tried to help him by aging him in the dream world.

*iloveme06*
06-22-2005, 01:22 AM
well, he was a dream of the faith. . .so, I'm guessing he just kept right on aging-like a regular human. Both are the same age, because, well, I don't know-they just happened to be the same age, I guess.

Tidus isn't dead-he's just a dream. They're the same age, he just crossed into reality when the dream world was attacked by Sin.

Big D
06-22-2005, 01:57 AM
BUT, Tidus spent two years on the Farplane. Not as a living, breathing human like he was before, but as a collection of pyreflies. Nothing suggests that the other dead on the Farplane can age; it actually defies logic... hence why I'd maintain that Tidus would return from the Farplane in the same state as when he went there.

Levian
06-22-2005, 03:25 AM
I believe that they're videogame characters. :)

Big D
06-22-2005, 03:33 AM
noooo dey r reel n kewl n my frends!!!111 Dey r liek tottly reel1!!
teudis is my brutha n im maried 2 lulu n rikku n yunie11!1
dont u dare say dat dey rn't reel!!!!
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :cry: :mad: :twak: :trout: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :smash: :mad2: :mad2:

:choc2: <-- wat da hell is dat :confused:

This post is a work of fiction and sarcasm. Any similarity to actual n00bs, living or otherwise, is completely coincidental or used facetiously.

Levian
06-22-2005, 10:05 AM
You're great, D. xD

Lover of Kh
06-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Depends. If want to know the age for both of them in FFX, then their both 17 years old, but in FFX-2 Yuna is 19 and Tidus is still 17, considering the fact,that he has been on the Farplane for two year! :D

Alive-Cat
06-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah, but all this depends on how you percieve age. If you percieve age as time you existed, then Tidus in indeed 19 like Yuna, but if you percieve age as how phisically old your body is, then he's basically still 17. Something like that...

cloudmastertianmat
06-22-2005, 09:43 PM
well, if he is a dream, he is old as the conversion of the zanarkand people on fayths and yu yevon. he is probably old as machina war, but only for sin and the fayths, in real spira it doesn exist as a human. so, he has no age realy.
in my real world, all they exist as a expensive ps2 dvd

Squall of SeeD
06-23-2005, 07:42 AM
well, if he is a dream, he is old as the conversion of the zanarkand people on fayths and yu yevon. he is probably old as machina war, but only for sin and the fayths, in real spira it doesn exist as a human. so, he has no age realy.

Tidus is an Aeon. "Dream Zanarkand" really should be called "Aeon Zanarkand," as the place is an Aeon and exists somewhere in Spira, the same as Valefor does when called, only it's not dismissed. Tidus has only been alive for 17 years in X. Time passes the same in Aeon Zanarkand as it does in the rest of Spira. There have been many, many generations of people in the city since the Fayth and Yu Yevon created it.

Tai-Ti
06-24-2005, 01:06 PM
all good theories, wateva floats ur boat

Dr.M
06-25-2005, 07:03 AM
um...you guys have just confused me even more. :confused:

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 07:42 AM
It's a chocobo, D.

I don't think Tidus aged while he was dead or wherever.

sanity's requiem
06-26-2005, 08:15 AM
He is a video game

Dr.M
06-30-2005, 07:37 AM
He is a video game
ps2 r.p.g charater thank you very much

liamo
06-30-2005, 09:01 AM
who cares how old he is if he's younger then yuna got her boy toy and tidus scored with an older woman

Lover of Kh
07-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Now that's just plain disgusting! :(

liamo
07-04-2005, 09:26 AM
what? their thinking it i'm saying it

Lover of Kh
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
what? their thinking it i'm saying it

Eww..... :barf: I know that's not what I've been thinking!

BizzerocitY
07-06-2005, 06:27 PM
It plainly says around the boat/destroyed ruins that Zanarkand was Destroyed 1000 years ago, in X, and thus Tidus assumes he's been flung 1000 years into the future. Does this count against his age? Was he really flung into the future? I beat it 3 times, and don't really care about their ages. [face_plain] Oh well, I don't think Tidus ever really died, because if you watch all the credits in X, he swims up to the screen and sort of grins or something, and swims off, the whole thing is an odd shade of green though, so that might be him swimming in the farplane.

07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
who cares how old he is if he's younger then yuna got her boy toy and tidus scored with an older woman
he he...thats one way to look at it...

I mean...erm...yeah...ewww thats gross....

Masamune·1600
07-06-2005, 06:59 PM
It plainly says around the boat/destroyed ruins that Zanarkand was Destroyed 1000 years ago, in X, and thus Tidus assumes he's been flung 1000 years into the future. Does this count against his age? Was he really flung into the future? I beat it 3 times, and don't really care about their ages. [face_plain]

Zanarkand was destroyed by Bevelle in the Machina War 1000 years ago. However, Tidus was never a resident of the 'real' Zanarkand, nor did he live a millenium before the game. By summoning the dreams of the fayth from within Sin, Yu Yevon effectively summoned Dream Zanarkand (or Aeon Zanarkand, if you prefer), which existed for the roughly 1000 years that followed the destruction of the original city. Seventeen years before FFX, logically, Tidus was born in Dream Zanarkand. When he reached the rest of Spira after the initial encounter with Sin, he was told that Zanarkand had been destroyed 1000 years ago. Since Tidus' awareness of the world had previously been limited to Dream Zanarkand and only Dream Zanarkand, he had no way of knowing that the Zanarkand destroyed 1000 years ago was not the same as the one within which he had lived (he obviously didn't know anything about the fayth, either). Similarly, neither Rikku nor Wakka (nor any resident of Spira, really) knew that Dream Zanarkand existed, so Tidus' claims of hailing from Zanarkand were associated with the city destroyed long before game events.

Basically, Tidus was 17 at the time of FFX. He never travelled through time, nor did any other individual, as Dream Zanarkand and the destroyed Zanarkand are distinct and separate locations in both space and time.

Oh well, I don't think Tidus ever really died, because if you watch all the credits in X, he swims up to the screen and sort of grins or something, and swims off, the whole thing is an odd shade of green though, so that might be him swimming in the farplane.

Tidus does die at the end of FFX, as he was bound to Spira by the fayth. Although he didn't "vanish," he did go to the Farplane for two years. Whether or not he aged during this interval is the real topic of debate for this thread.

When Tidus swims to the screen at the end of FFX, it bears a clear resemblance to his return in the Good and Perfect Endings of FFX-2. Likely this is what this scene was meant to convey, although its significance cannot be appreciated without knowledge of what transpires in FFX-2.

Lover of Kh
07-06-2005, 08:32 PM
It plainly says around the boat/destroyed ruins that Zanarkand was Destroyed 1000 years ago, in X, and thus Tidus assumes he's been flung 1000 years into the future. Does this count against his age? Was he really flung into the future? I beat it 3 times, and don't really care about their ages. [face_plain]

Zanarkand was destroyed by Bevelle in the Machina War 1000 years ago. However, Tidus was never a resident of the 'real' Zanarkand, nor did he live a millenium before the game. By summoning the dreams of the fayth from within Sin, Yu Yevon effectively summoned Dream Zanarkand (or Aeon Zanarkand, if you prefer), which existed for the roughly 1000 years that followed the destruction of the original city. Seventeen years before FFX, logically, Tidus was born in Dream Zanarkand. When he reached the rest of Spira after the initial encounter with Sin, he was told that Zanarkand had been destroyed 1000 years ago. Since Tidus' awareness of the world had previously been limited to Dream Zanarkand and only Dream Zanarkand, he had no way of knowing that the Zanarkand destroyed 1000 years ago was not the same as the one within which he had lived (he obviously didn't know anything about the fayth, either). Similarly, neither Rikku nor Wakka (nor any resident of Spira, really) knew that Dream Zanarkand existed, so Tidus' claims of hailing from Zanarkand were associated with the city destroyed long before game events.

Basically, Tidus was 17 at the time of FFX. He never travelled through time, nor did any other individual, as Dream Zanarkand and the destroyed Zanarkand are distinct and separate locations in both space and time.

Oh well, I don't think Tidus ever really died, because if you watch all the credits in X, he swims up to the screen and sort of grins or something, and swims off, the whole thing is an odd shade of green though, so that might be him swimming in the farplane.

Tidus does die at the end of FFX, as he was bound to Spira by the fayth. Although he didn't "vanish," he did go to the Farplane for two years. Whether or not he aged during this interval is the real topic of debate for this thread.

When Tidus swims to the screen at the end of FFX, it bears a clear resemblance to his return in the Good and Perfect Endings of FFX-2. Likely this is what this scene was meant to convey, although its significance cannot be appreciated without knowledge of what transpires in FFX-2.

You know, strangely enough, that maded perfect sense! :eek:

Squall of SeeD
07-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Masamune is right on every count except the one about Bevelle destroying the original Zanarkand. They merely defeated Zanarkand's defenders and caused them to make the desperation decision to become Fayth. It was Sin that destroyed Zanarkand. Bevelle's scouts discovered Zanarkand in ruins when they went over Mt. Gagazet to investigate.

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 04:20 AM
Yea, what Squall of SeeD said. The summoners and High Summoner Yu Yevon were placed on the front lines of the Machina War 1000 years prior to the events happening in FFX. As soon as Yu Yevon summoned Sin, he turned around and destroyed Zanarkand and its inhabitants, as well as the Bevelle soldiers. However, instead of being killed, the people of Zanarkand were transformed into fayth at the Fayth Scar. These fayth were constantly summoning the "dream" or "aeon" Zanarkand that Tidus lived in at the beginning of FFX. (I think that's about right).

So when Tidus disappears, he simply becomes pyreflies that hold his memories. There is no physical manifestation of him whatsover after FFX until the fayth reassemble these memories into an actual Spiran (not a dream). Therefore, his body is really new at the end of FFX-2 when Yuna gets with him, but he is still the same way that he was at the end of FFX, but then again, he never really existed in FFX anyway.

So I declare Tidus as being a newborn. :D

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Yea, what Squall of SeeD said. The summoners and High Summoner Yu Yevon were placed on the front lines of the Machina War 1000 years prior to the events happening in FFX. As soon as Yu Yevon summoned Sin, he turned around and destroyed Zanarkand and its inhabitants, as well as the Bevelle soldiers. However, instead of being killed, the people of Zanarkand were transformed into fayth at the Fayth Scar. These fayth were constantly summoning the "dream" or "aeon" Zanarkand that Tidus lived in at the beginning of FFX. (I think that's about right).

So when Tidus disappears, he simply becomes pyreflies that hold his memories. There is no physical manifestation of him whatsover after FFX until the fayth reassemble these memories into an actual Spiran (not a dream). Therefore, his body is really new at the end of FFX-2 when Yuna gets with him, but he is still the same way that he was at the end of FFX, but then again, he never really existed in FFX anyway.

I agree 100%

Lover of Kh
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Ok. I understand Tidus's sitution, but what about Shuyin? :confused:

Winter Nights
07-07-2005, 05:51 PM

It all works til it comes to him. Cause he's kinda the real-world version of Tidus.. But he's not 1000 years old, so it throws all theories for a loop. Unless I missed something and Shuyin travelled 1000 years into the future.. Or is really 1000 years old. :confused:

Lover of Kh
07-07-2005, 06:37 PM

It all works til it comes to him. Cause he's kinda the real-world version of Tidus.. But he's not 1000 years old, so it throws all theories for a loop. Unless I missed something and Shuyin travelled 1000 years into the future.. Or is really 1000 years old. :confused:

I understand Shuyin alittle, but not that much because how can a shadow keep it's memories?

Legendary Caladbolg
07-10-2005, 08:13 AM
But Shuyin got killed when he tried to use Vegnagun. Shouldn't he have become a fiend or went to the farplane? And how did he end up in the Den of Woe?

Big D
07-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Shuyin's spirit couldn't reach the Farplane because he was held in this world by his intense rage, resentment and despair at his - and Lenne's - brutal deaths. Strong emotions, such as these, can create a 'bond' that prevents a spirit from crossing over. Normally, someone in his situation - like the victims of Sin in the original game - would wander and become a fiend; however, such was the strength of Shuyin's passion that his despair remained a force of its own. His spirit, kept whole by his enormous sense of loss, drifted around before settling and festering in the Den of Woe. There, it brooded on the most troubling aspects of Shuyin's death, namely the way he died so close to the one he loved most, but unable to reach out and touch her, or speak to her.

Christmas
07-10-2005, 09:15 AM
True love can overcome the age barrier.

Lover of Kh
07-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Shuyin's spirit couldn't reach the Farplane because he was held in this world by his intense rage, resentment and despair at his - and Lenne's - brutal deaths. Strong emotions, such as these, can create a 'bond' that prevents a spirit from crossing over. Normally, someone in his situation - like the victims of Sin in the original game - would wander and become a fiend; however, such was the strength of Shuyin's passion that his despair remained a force of its own. His spirit, kept whole by his enormous sense of loss, drifted around before settling and festering in the Den of Woe. There, it brooded on the most troubling aspects of Shuyin's death, namely the way he died so close to the one he loved most, but unable to reach out and touch her, or speak to her.

So basically what you're saying is, that it's like how you killed Seymour in FFX and he was able to keep his shape every time you encountered him after his death......That is what you're saying right?

Legendary Caladbolg
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I think I'll play through ffx-2 again. I haven't played it for a while.

Xyex
07-10-2005, 07:32 PM
It plainly says around the boat/destroyed ruins that Zanarkand was Destroyed 1000 years ago, in X, and thus Tidus assumes he's been flung 1000 years into the future. Does this count against his age? Was he really flung into the future? I beat it 3 times, and don't really care about their ages. [face_plain] Oh well, I don't think Tidus ever really died, because if you watch all the credits in X, he swims up to the screen and sort of grins or something, and swims off, the whole thing is an odd shade of green though, so that might be him swimming in the farplane.

A little clarification (and sorry if this was all said already). Note that this will include spoilers of various degrees. Yuna and Tidus were 17 years old in FFX. Passage of time applicable only when the body physically ages. So even if Tidus really had been from 1000 years in the past he was still phyiscally 17. Thusly, since Tidus was dead and therfor didn't age (Auron only did to hide the fact he was unset, it was probably a concious effort on his part) he is 17 at the end of FFX-2.

As for that scene at the end of FFX. Whatch the good ending of FFX-2. It starts with that same exact scene. Literally. It IS the scene from FFX. ^_^

sayen
07-10-2005, 11:39 PM
1 shuyin is 1k years old as he ws gonna steal vengagun to help lenne who was a summoner in the bevelle zanerkind war.

2 what scene in the ffx credists are you talking about ive beat it twice and wached the credis both time and dident see such a scene.

3 i think tidus is 17 still.

4 remeber the thing about vincent valintie's (ff7) age well this is the same problem dont brood on it.

Big D
07-10-2005, 11:55 PM
2 what scene in the ffx credists are you talking about ive beat it twice and wached the credis both time and dident see such a scene.This scene happens after the credits...

liamo
07-11-2005, 09:43 AM
at the end of the credit roll like all final fantasies there is a wee short little fmv

* White Aeris *
07-12-2005, 06:04 PM
me thinks me brain just exploded! ow.....

Lover of Kh
07-12-2005, 06:35 PM
me thinks me brain just exploded! ow.....

Understandable! This is confusing! *looks at all of the confusion* Yeppers! It's confusing! :confused:

Rhi
07-16-2005, 08:15 PM
same!!!!!!!! why do you all have to have such a confuzzling conversation?

Jpae33
07-16-2005, 10:04 PM
shes a 1000 years older

Kakashi509
07-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Yuna is older she is 19 in X-2 it's on the instructions booklet

Sarsparilla
07-17-2005, 01:09 AM
In FFX they are both 17, in FFX-2 Yuna is 19 but Tidus is still 17 but my guess is since Tidus is a dream.

He may actually exist on the time spectrum so you cant really call him 17 in the first place, i would say he is as old as the aeons so tehcnically hes older then yuna but hey what you gonna do about it?

Squall of SeeD
07-17-2005, 04:12 PM
In FFX they are both 17, in FFX-2 Yuna is 19 but Tidus is still 17 but my guess is since Tidus is a dream.

He may actually exist on the time spectrum so you cant really call him 17 in the first place, i would say he is as old as the aeons so tehcnically hes older then yuna but hey what you gonna do about it?

Time passed the same in Aeon Zanarkand as it did in the rest of Spira. Tidus was only 17 when he died and his body would be as it was at the time of his death when he was brought back.

Rhi
07-23-2005, 03:58 PM
so Tidus is 17 got it!!!

liamo
03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
HE SCORED WITH AN OLDER CHICK I TELLS YA

fire_of_avalon
03-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Please don't revive dead threads, liamo. Thank you :)