PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem

Flashback007
06-19-2005, 10:49 AM
So did anyone played this game: Fire Emblem (GBA)? I bought it three weeks ago and well it kept me so busy that I haven't played on my PS2 for a week :p . I like the idea from the realism. I dislike the idea that when people die you don't have the ability to revive them. But then again that's the point of the realism. Everytime someone dies I restart the chapter I want to finish the game with all my characters, altough I have a group I almost always fight with, I want to keep them all.

Hardest kind of mission for me is that you need to survive for that many turns. It often went wrong for me. So much resets there.

omnitarian
06-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Are you talking about just plain Fire Emblem, or the new one, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones?

Jowy
06-19-2005, 09:11 PM
I've only played Fire Emblem 7 (Fire Emblem in the US), and love it. It's impossibly difficult at some points, but it's one of the best games I've ever played.

Flashback007
06-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Are you talking about just plain Fire Emblem, or the new one, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones?

I was talking about the first Fire Emblem on the GBA. Not Sacred Stones, it's not out here yet. But I am surely gonna get it. By the way is it true you can level yourself up outside the storyline with Sacred Stones.

d20{fx}
06-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Yes. Sacred stones has a map based campaign so they installed random battles when your travelling between areas on the map.

Serria
06-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I've played Fire Emblem 7. GOOD GAME. Like you, I refused to let ANYONE die. If someone, even someone stupid like Florina died I had to restart the chapter. Took awhile because of that but beat it I did, with no deaths.

The "realistic" idea was really cool and an interesting change from most games. It also, of course, made the game far trickier. It was such a beautiful game though. The graphics and characters all looked so excellent, and the music was gorgeous. I loved "Reminiscence of the Dragon Children" in particular, so pretty.

All of the characters had their own little stories, too, which was awesome.