PDA

View Full Version : no cinematics?

maxsexcity
06-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I have the playstation version of ff6 and im at the world of ruin and i have acquired all my characters. How come that i didnt saw any cinematics that were supposed to be in the game?

Slothy
06-19-2005, 12:55 PM
As I understand it the only cinematics are at the opening and at the end of the game. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

TurkSlayer
06-19-2005, 04:25 PM
As I understand it the only cinematics are at the opening and at the end of the game. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Your right. The original version was created before FMV, and I'm guessing Square decided not to change it to much. However, the ending scene is pretty cool.

DJZen
06-19-2005, 08:21 PM
the cinematics in the game are done with in game graphics. FFVI wasn't before cinematics, it was before FMVs. *sigh* games were so much cooler back then...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-19-2005, 08:38 PM
But games have increasingly been abandoning FMV and rendering the cut scenes with in-game graphics over the last few years.

KoShiatar
06-19-2005, 09:32 PM
There are three pieces of cinematics. But if you press buttons while the game is loading, the fist one skips in some games. Try loading it without touching anything and eventually you should see the introductory one. As for the others, I don't know; certainly at least one is meant to be seen once you complete the game.

Serria
06-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Yes, I have the PS version as well. It doesn't seem like anything was changed from the SNES version at all in the actual game. There are those FMVs that play in the opening (and very ending, after the game ending) but... nothing else really. ^_^