PDA

View Full Version : F1 descends into farce again

Ste
06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Okay, Formula 1 has yet again turned from the worlds most glamorous sport into the worlds most farcical one. Out of 20 cars that turned up for the race weekend in the USA, 6 have started the race, its an absolute joke. All the cars running on a certain brand of tyre (michellin or however its spelt) where deemed not safe to run in the race, so just 6 cars lined up on the starting grid. Up to now it had actually been an exciting season for once..

Armisael
06-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah i didn't like this situation either..

Madame Adequate
06-19-2005, 11:55 PM
But F1 is a farcical sport anyway. Bernie Ecclestone only created it for a laugh. It was just a bet with his mates to see who could create the most boring thing which got the largest audience.

bigbri2k5
06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Okay, Formula 1 has yet again turned from the worlds most glamorous sport into the worlds most farcical one. Out of 20 cars that turned up for the race weekend in the USA, 6 have started the race, its an absolute joke. All the cars running on a certain brand of tyre (michellin or however its spelt) where deemed not safe to run in the race, so just 6 cars lined up on the starting grid. Up to now it had actually been an exciting season for once..

so youre saying youd race a car at 200 kmh with the chance that your tire could blow sending you into a conrete wall?

I Don't Need A Name
06-20-2005, 05:16 PM
it was a boring race! they shouldn't have done it!

gokufusionss1
06-20-2005, 05:19 PM

so youre saying youd race a car at 200 kmh with the chance that your tire could blow sending you into a conrete wall?

for 25 million a year, i damn well would.

Doomie
06-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Start the race then purposely head off course. You still would have gotten seventh and at least bagged a few points.

tomamar04
06-20-2005, 07:49 PM
No, you can only get points if you complete 75% of the race, even if you are classified 7th.

Doomie
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
No, you can only get points if you complete 75% of the race, even if you are classified 7th.

Alrighty, take those long-ass pit stops. Go really slowly and finish 75% of the race. xD

Ste
06-20-2005, 10:55 PM

nope im saying let them break the rules and use the other tyres they had that the governing body wouldnt let them use. They could have just raced not for championship points and had a decent race.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Okay, Formula 1 has yet again turned from the worlds most glamorous sport...
Puh-lease :rolleyes2

Ste
06-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Okay, Formula 1 has yet again turned from the worlds most glamorous sport...
Puh-lease :rolleyes2

well the majority of drivers live among the richest people in europe in monte carlo and drive cars that go over 200 miles an hour as a dayjob. i mean they only get paid measly sums of money in comparrision to big american sports (like 20 million quid a year and a shedload of endorsement money) but on the other hand, bernie ecclestone does just take point out of it.

i'm not even much of an f1 fan (since schumacher started winning consistently it hasnt been that interesting) but im just making the point.

Madame Adequate
06-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty certain that if the safety advice had been ignored and someone ended up dead or crippled, there'd be a hell of a lot of hell to pay.

Loony BoB
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
You can point to a lot of different people, but these are the main ones.

Michelin - For supplying dodgy tyres.
The seven or so Formula One teams - For not bringing along their backup tyres that they are supposed to bring to every race.
Ferrari - For blocking a move to change the circuit so that the Michelin tyres would be able to handle the racecourse. As far as I know, Jordan and Minardi (the other two teams on Bridgestone, ie, not Michelin tyres) were okay with this.
The FIA - For waiting until the cars were on the track. This should have been sorted out days before the race, not on race day. Stupid.

RSL
06-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Since when is tire spelled tyre? Just curious. I thought it was a typo on the posters part but then BoB did it too!

And yeay, I love racing, but not F1 racing. The people that have the most right ot be pissed, in my opinion, are the fans that bought tickets to see this "race".

tomamar04
06-21-2005, 08:04 PM
British way - Tyres
American way - Tires

bigbri2k5
06-23-2005, 01:34 PM

for 25 million a year, i damn well would.

what goods the 25 million quid if youre dead or paralyzed

Skogs
06-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I thought it was all rigged, anyway.