PDA

View Full Version : i have quit the game

Carl the Llama
06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I have decided to quit the game i all i ever do is fight fight fight and i have had enough of it fighting without a storyline is jus sooo boring to me i want a story so does anyone have any sergerstions as what i sould play i have thought about playing PSO on the PC and World of Warcraft but i would like to hear your oppinion as to what i should play

Lionx
06-20-2005, 12:00 AM
You barely even scratched the game :rolleyes2

Heres a CoP cutscene. Most things are like lvling up first then the story. FFXI's story will be greater and more better than any other MMORPG out there...you havent played long enough to give it chance. Its the story that kept most ppl playing as well.

SPOILERS ON PICS...but just to show him.

I regret not taking any screenshots for Zilart Missions as that cutscene was AWESOME!!!

BTW PSO and WoW dont really have a main story from what i know.

squareSOFT
06-20-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't blame you at all for quitting, I could only stand a few months of it. As for a suggestion I STRONGLY recommend Guild Wars. It's an insane MMORPG with no monthly fee. Can't go wrong with that! :D

Lionx
06-20-2005, 01:15 AM
You have to buy expansions if you want the entire game anyway O_o That more than makes it up. However really if you cant stand the hardcore-ness to get to the story, then nyah..its pretty rewarding i say. Breathtaking cutscenes.

Carl the Llama
06-20-2005, 02:04 AM
a friend of mine called Risto asked why i am quiting the game after i told him and i said the exact same reasons stated here and he said thats fair enough as there is hardly any freedom till you get to 70 (he's lvl 75WHM) and that he cant blame me for wanting to quit, all i ever do is fight fight fight its soo boring it takes ages to lvl up and i jus find when i play it i feel like i have to play it not that i want to it feels like duty and i have had enough of it another reason i like PSO is that there is a boss at the end of each lvl and you can do a whole game in one sitting the feel of going through a whole game with your friends and not jus some random person you just met and they happened to say oh hey come play with me and my party or worse yet you in Jueno and suddenly you get a blind invite to go party in koroloka or somewhere at least when you play PSO you dont get random invites and you and your friends can always play together no matter the level gap thats what i dont like about it with FF if your in a party with someone who is higher then you you end up getting no exp if i play a game i wanna play with my friends not some random people anyways thats jus my take on things

DJZen
06-20-2005, 02:29 AM
I felt that way before I joined Red Lotus. Now I know just how much there is to this game. Any time I get bored of fighting, I can always go mine, log, auction, level a new job, go exploring, or run new quests and missions. I don't feel like the game is restrictive at ALL and I'm only level 20. There's a lot more to the game than levelling. A LOT. Trust me on this one. The important thing is to find a good linkshell. Red Lotus is an awesome one. I couldn't ask for better. Well, except for Kierethe who always smacks me when she sees me, but I probably did SOMETHING to deserve it. :)

Lionx
06-20-2005, 04:14 AM
Yeah you just need friends. I like for people to lvl up so we can do Ballista, or events and fun stuff like that. Fishing trip in my mind atm and bring the entire LS with us. The game is only what you make of it, and friends too. Many of my low lvl friends have quit but for those that stayed we talk from now and then and its great. Many people whom i have as friends that i barely talk to are now pretty close and we do many things together as i get higher level and in the end everyone wins. Like..omg i didnt know Terryfier still rememebered me since i rarely talk to him but he does..and now i co-lead an HNM LS with him. ^^; Its fun to see the story too its truly something out of this world if you can finish them.

That and LS loyalty, with so many characters on so many servers its not a wonder that you quit since you didnt stick with one...and no offense i think you are cool but i never thought that you would stay on our server that long with that many characters over the worlds or even the LS really. That..and how much gil you had was truly something that people might not like outside of our LS..>_>

squareSOFT
06-20-2005, 04:50 AM
A goods LS does help, but it just delays the eventual boredom, IMO

Kierethe
06-20-2005, 06:38 AM
I pretty much agree with what DJZen/Torren said... except for this one part:

Well, except for Kierethe who always smacks me when she sees me, but I probably did SOMETHING to deserve it. :)

=O That was only that one time! And you were doing naughty things with the auto-translate! Besides, you haven't been around enough. lol. We haven't ran into each other in a long time! You always seem to be Bastok. =P Start hanging around Jeuno or Windy, that's were all the cool people are~. xD

And what Liony said is true about having people in game helping a lot. The game is really quiet when you don't have anyone to talk to or form random parties with. =/ I can't imagine playing this game without seeing the RedLotus LS chat going by as I play or running into my LS mates every now and then. It really creates a sense of community I'd miss a lot otherwise and Liony is nice enough to let us newbs invade his space. ^^

I've barely scratched the surface of my cooking skill and am buried under quests. I still want to try fishing, raise my fame a few more levels, get myself a good amount of gil. :x I don't forsee myself getting bored anytime soon. I enjoy taking this at my own pace. And even then, I know there's always my LS mates to help out. ^^

^^ But, I wish you good luck in the future. It may be that FFXI just isn't the game for you. I know I had a hard time myself choosing what MMORPG to play. FFXI won me over, but it's not for everyone. =/

Lionx
06-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Just curious SquareSOFT, you keep saying its boring..and i understand that people has different likings but really whats the boringness? I mean you keep saying it but we never know what it is O_o. I certainetly dont find anything boring.

I will have to agree about friends, that when i lvled up around Christmas 2003, all i had were some beta friends that i talk to. None of them were very high level, and i technically had no one besides two people..and the LS we started..struggled. I went through alot of things that many people currently in the LS would have help and be easily done, yet for me it would be a big hurdle. Kazham keys for instance, and Rank 5. I had to sorta ask strangers and semi-close friends that i meet elsewhere for help. That wasnt so fun...however now that i had a LS that is more established, its much more enjoyable in the game, especially when you help out the lower levels with things you struggled so much with and it really makes a much happier feeling knowing that they dont have to ask some random person out of the blue to help them...then not seeing them for a long time.

*hugs t3h kiere* lvl up so we can do some REAL missions for story ^^b

Carl the Llama
06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah you just need friends. I like for people to lvl up so we can do Ballista, or events and fun stuff like that. Fishing trip in my mind atm and bring the entire LS with us. The game is only what you make of it, and friends too. Many of my low lvl friends have quit but for those that stayed we talk from now and then and its great. Many people whom i have as friends that i barely talk to are now pretty close and we do many things together as i get higher level and in the end everyone wins. Like..omg i didnt know Terryfier still rememebered me since i rarely talk to him but he does..and now i co-lead an HNM LS with him. ^^; Its fun to see the story too its truly something out of this world if you can finish them.

That and LS loyalty, with so many characters on so many servers its not a wonder that you quit since you didnt stick with one...and no offense i think you are cool but i never thought that you would stay on our server that long with that many characters over the worlds or even the LS really. That..and how much gil you had was truly something that people might not like outside of our LS..>_>
i think you have missed the point i was making, with FFXI it is good to have friends i believe me i had lots (look the the screen shots) but like i said haveing friends is great and i love it but the endless killing and lvling up jus takes to long i have a total of 15 days and 6 horus play i know thats not much but 90% of that time was spent lvling up and when you spend 360 hours lvling up and you only 24 the game take's all of your spare time out and what for you get a party kill monsters and spend loads of time waiting for someone to turn up to join the party and they just disband after 20 mins of fighting to me that is not fun its boring and when on the rare occasion you actully do get a good party what happens someone runs out grabs a monster brings it back and you kill kill kill rinse and repete it ends up taking hours and hours just to get 1 smegging lvl that is not fun, like with PSO you run around a lvl kill all the monsters and at the end of it there is a boss which gives you a sence of completion when you and your team kill it and with regards to gil i was only lucky as i had a friend (like me who quit the game) he gave me his Republic Aketon just because i have money doesnt mean i am a bad person and i have always been very generous with iti mean i gave all of my money away to vap and army and my last words were "make sure you buy people gifts with it" so i think that haveing friends is good

Roogle
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Did you even make it to Jeuno?

Carl the Llama
06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
yes i got there as soon as i was lvl 20 as i wanted a chocobo

Ouch!
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I agree with Lionx, your big problem was that you had characters on, what, five different servers? No wonder you spent so much time leveling if you're trying to keep up with that many characters.

If you stick with one character and a mule (if you need it) you can get further in the game much faster and actually get things done.

There's so much to do in the game, but if you ask me, it sounds like you've spent all your time trying to level so that you had no spare time to do anything else. DJ Zen already suggested many different options which you seem to have neglected.

And I strongly disagree with you as far as the lack of story progression goes. You don't need to be level 50 to progress very far in the plot. I was rank 5 at L30.

In the end, it's your choice. FFXI is more involved than most other MMORPGs and is one of the few that I've looked into that was actually able to maintain a plot with enough depth to make it interesting.

Laguna
06-20-2005, 04:04 PM
As for how "awesome" Guild Wars is, a friend of mine recently tried FFXI and now he plays all the time! He says "its freaking huge by comparison!" and "Guild Wars is just like a stripped down version of FFXI!" So there's his opinion. As for mine, I'd say FFXI is the best online RPG I've played. So meh :P

lordblazer
06-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I have decided to quit the game i all i ever do is fight fight fight and i have had enough of it fighting without a storyline is jus sooo boring to me i want a story so does anyone have any sergerstions as what i sould play i have thought about playing PSO on the PC and World of Warcraft but i would like to hear your oppinion as to what i should play
Lineage 2. once you get to lvl 30 thats when you can join a clan well you can join a clan at any level but if you want to join a clan that is apart of an alliance that is very actively involved int he political part of the lineage 2 world such as taking casltes and sucha nd RPing it and stuff liek that then lineage 2 if your game.MY character is just a soloer.I fight fo rmyself..ME and my wolf companion.WE fought in many wars and we have thrived in times of peace.

GRaalonline is a good game if you get involved with the guild community.If you don't get active in a guild or make a guild and go throughte whole guild world thing on graal then you'll just find yoruself playing crappy events and hanging out being bored with 60 other people.

edit-also I agree with kaiser that even when you do the missions it jsut takes so long and oyu do spend hours upon hours of lvling it ins't until lvl 40 when you can actually have a sense of balance on this game..Also he is bringing up the issue of players actually RPing a storyline.

Like on graalonline in guilds there are internal guild politics and external politics that leads to rebels emerging inside guilds nad guilds going to war with eac other.There was a point on graal were you had 70 people of one guild holding a city as garrison and literally 100 people trying to get it back.

Lineage 2 has alot of politics when it comes to clans nad alliances. ..That affects a person who isn't even involved in it on the game..Like my character on lineage 2.WAs lvl 40 I was grinding int eh Valley Of Dragons.Well earlier the AA aliance said anyone htat is in a neutral clan or not in a clan at all will be pked and not allowed to even walk through the valley.Now I ignored it but hey i ended up having to run away from 120 pkers of the AA aliance.Barely survived.But I ende dup making a clan and we basicly and literally destroyed the AA aliance and took its power by laying claim to most of hte castles of Adrena.

I see what kaiser means FF11 is a great online RPG but it jsut lacks that sense of a RPG game onlin eint eh way that you can have your own storyline andplay with other players.

I think he means lets say FF games how the single player ones have storylines well with each individual person on a online RPG they have a storyline them and other people that merges into one big sotryline in a way.I can't epxlain it that much its tough to because every is so used to being thrown this corperate idea of MMORPGS.

FF11 is just that a half assed corperate made game tellign you wat to do and how to play it.But I've waited til some weird crap like dot hack stuff to happen or something some excitement FF11 is jsut starting to seem too static.

Vaprice
06-20-2005, 08:58 PM
But hey at least you took armando's advice on not deleting your character. I'm sorry to see you go so soon, but hey theres always something to think about...

"Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life..."

^^ but take care man and if you do come bacjk try and stick to one charcter lol

Lionx
06-20-2005, 09:04 PM
No i didnt mean your gil was bad or anything like that, its plausible to see people maybe give that out to a stranger but other people might misinterpet it, i mean no harm by that and i indeed saw what you did when i came back from AFK looking at LS chat logs. Dont worry but other people might think zomg he got the gil dishonestly and stuff.

I dont think you even played deeply enough in the game. While yes a part of the game is forming a party and getting experience points, that is far from the main focus of the game. You need to do missions. Where you fight bosses and get a cutscene of story. What you described about PSO is there in FFXI, you just either have to get the friends to do missions for you(since the story is after all optional if you want to see it or not. Some ppl just dont care about it, but i do and i value it highly) or you need to get the level to take it on. And thats why some people level too. Those screenshots excluding the first one i put up there were mostly quite long, after a boss battle, and breathtaking.

LB i cant read what you type on the first part of your paragraphh@_@ i honestly cant...but i can make out something about pvp, and seriously ballista is more fun since i dont like pvp to be central in a game like so many other MMOs out there. It really makes people wanna gank and kill one another more, you dont really get that here. Really brings the jerk in some people out.

GRaalonline is a good game if you get involved with the guild community.If you don't get active in a guild or make a guild and go throughte whole guild world thing on graal then you'll just find yoruself playing crappy events and hanging out being bored with 60 other people.

Even FF is like that, what makes MMORPGs great are the people in your guild, and the generally atmosphere and community there. O_o Whats the point?

edit-also I agree with kaiser that even when you do the missions it jsut takes so long and oyu do spend hours upon hours of lvling it ins't until lvl 40 when you can actually have a sense of balance on this game..Also he is bringing up the issue of players actually RPing a storyline.

Besides the later CoP missions which are hard, how are these very long? Most of the time you just gotta read up on what you need to do, get the acquired level that you can help out(like mission 5-1) and then plan a date for people to go. It can be easily done if you take the steps to do so.

Players ARE actively RPing a storyline whenever you do missions. You are always roleplaying yourself. O_o Tried doing the Neck piece armor(forgot name) in Sandoria? Its really engaging Quest(not mission), and also the missions in Sandoria give you that sense of being a Squire helping out the nation, while in Windurst you get the feeling you are just a low adventurer finding out something big in the land of magic..I dont know bastok since i never did missions there yet but i honestly dont know what you are talking about.

People sometimes complain about how some missions are easy(espcially with high lvl help) and when they get something hard they bitch about it. They complain that its not deep enough the story when they havent even progressed far enough or they dont even care about the story but the items obtained like Airship Pass or Sky access. :rolleyes2

Politics aka Drama is not necessary in MMORPGs..-_- We have that enough with certain people as it is, but really a more close community is best like FFXIs.

LB i really like you to make FFXI then if its so half-assed, seriously are you going to figure out all the mathematical formulas for Accuracy or how much fish bites? Or have to listen to people bitch about how their game isnt perfect when every time they make patches with job and changes they need to think of the world impact it might make? Seriously you dont even know what you are talking about..if you want half-assed, talk about Ragnarok Online or something like that, that whatever changes are there, the developers dont care and the balance is whacked.

If you mean roleplaying as your own character, go ahead, you CAN if you really want to. NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU! Seriously no one is! Anyone can roleplay whatever their character is on an MMORPG! You dont need missions or anything to roleplay! Do whatever you like! You honestly can.

Static for you i can agree with. But for me, looking at the ever flucuating economy is enough for me to think..its more than static :p

lordblazer
06-20-2005, 09:20 PM
but thats the stuff that SE created your own unique storyline stuff like that is what i'm talking about.That coexist with the gaming world itself.Like on graalonline my character was jsut a loner I never joined a guild two years back I just went off and fought for myself did htings for myself and had a couple of friends.Now back whe I started graal and events teams weren't there it was great I ended up hosting my own Spar tourney's because I had the gralat.The guild community was awesome back then also.
When Unholy Nations server got popular events teams on graal jsut tok over with crappy events and being a Loner was jsut a bore because no one else didn't wanna RP the graal worldf htey jsut wanted to sit aorund and hang out whil eplaying crappy events on graal.

Now FF11 I see your point were you have to make your own fun and its true. I joined an LS that hunts pirates and makes it safer for newbies from windurst to get to selbina.

Lionx
06-20-2005, 09:33 PM
You can do the same here. Level a BST and then do whatever you want. Whos to say that you cant host a chocobo race or a ballista fun fest vs a ton of mass other people? Who says that we arent writing our own story fighting Bune the HNM Dragon in Gustav Tunnel? The game is what you make of it...like any MMO...to say there is none on any even EQ1 is untrue. You can have WoW AND FFXI merged into one perfect world(and insert ANY MMO), the GREATEST MMO that can be made, and it can still be a bore if you dont do anything there or try things out or just level constantly. The world is what YOU the player, and the people you interact with, makes it.

However(this is just me talking), being a loner and stuff is just defeating the purpose of playing with other people on an multi-massive online roleplaying game...i rather play FFVI again if i wanted to be the loner or FF1.

squareSOFT
06-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Just curious SquareSOFT, you keep saying its boring..and i understand that people has different likings but really whats the boringness? I mean you keep saying it but we never know what it is O_o. I certainetly dont find anything boring.

I am just not fond of non-liner based games. I find the lack of any real story and charaters boring, while the leveling up rate (as in most MMORPGs) is very tedious. It does have a lot of extras but they are all the same as fighting in the sense that your only real goal is to level up or recieve items. The fact that your only goal is to improve your character (or mabe your house thingy) is very repetitive regardless if you have an LS or not. Its Runescape with better graphics essentially, and before you get all angry about that think about it. RS has all the skills like crafting, mining etc. many weapons and armour, decent PKing, difficult leveling up, clans as well as others. Sure FFXI has a lot of features but none of them mange to stave off the oredom of your single goal which is to repeat tedious tasks to get money, or repeat tedious tasks to get exp/items. Mabe some people like it but it's just not for me.

lordblazer
06-20-2005, 10:32 PM

I am just not fond of non-liner based games. I find the lack of any real story and charaters boring, while the leveling up rate (as in most MMORPGs) is very tedious. It does have a lot of extras but they are all the same as fighting in the sense that your only real goal is to level up or recieve items. The fact that your only goal is to improve your character (or mabe your house thingy) is very repetitive regardless if you have an LS or not. Its Runescape with better graphics essentially, and before you get all angry about that think about it. RS has all the skills like crafting, mining etc. many weapons and armour, decent PKing, difficult leveling up, clans as well as others. Sure FFXI has a lot of features but none of them mange to stave off the oredom of your single goal which is to repeat tedious tasks to get money, or repeat tedious tasks to get exp/items. Mabe some people like it but it's just not for me.
the thing iwth MMORPGS is the fact that lvl up your character and stuff is basicly linear base its a linear base game especially FF11 because you are told to go here and there a thtese lvls and dont go if oyu aint that lvl or higher.

Morrowind is a prime example of a NON-Linear game and if oyur commenting towards that game then lol you haven't played it.With graal though its a fair price still expensive for that type of game lol.It se to be free then went P2P so I went ahead and got my account upgrades and only paid 5 bucks now for your account to get upgraded you have ot pay 30 bucks or you can't enjoy the game at all.

Nexus is another good MMORPG thats cheap and man you'll love it its every RPers dream.

With FF11 I just make my own fun and make things non static.The thing i hate iwht FF11 is that ther eis no PK system.Games need balance I mean a MMORPG can have PKing and have its massive body counts and such and still be a coperative game.The only competitiony ou get on FF11 is really in the economy.There are a lot of player mad eup events on FF11 also such as lvl 1 foot races that seem impossible to do and is a freaking miracle that some people even make it to the finish line.(A foot race from bastok to Rabao.Without using the help of items.)

Lionx
06-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Actually the game is pretty "linear" in terms of storyline...did you even get rank 5 and do mission 10? Otherwise you havent seen the storyline...also the Mission 5-2 cutscene along with Zilart Cutscene #1, is truly something to be taken into account and by many players other than me. FFVII did not start out into something epic like in Disc 2-3, same thing with FFXI...

Aljido-marujido, Shanttoto, Lion, and Gilglamesh are one of the most influencial characters in the story, and Cid too. If you played far enough these characters are truly unforgettable and have their own personality unlike the "I need carrots to feed by Rabbits, can you give me 4 carrots?" kind of NPCs in most other MMOs. I am pretty sure many could attest to that.

The goal is whatever you want. Although some things do require you to level up and i do agree it can become tedious, there are other goals you can strive to be. Craft something up to 100, fishing(really fun), try doing Quests, Missions are the main focal point of this game too which is the STORY and once you get introduced to the characters and get familiar with how the city works and in correlation to other nations(in other words, get you into the world) big things start happening. Theres also silly things you can do with your LS, like fishing trip on ship(and killing pirates along the way), a Tarutaru Parade, also you can do things like a LS world tour. You IMO were just dead set on leveling and ignored the flowers along the way. The main point of me playing is not only to better my character, but to see the story FFXI has availible, and right now, i really want to ZM5 along with Windurst M6-1 because after seeing the Shadowlord fight(with me fighting in it) and the stuff after, i am really interested.

You have not fully looked that the scope of FFXI( i feel anyawy), and thats too bad because i am enjoying the story immensely and would like to level up to see more of it(sorta like other FFs, you level up along the way to progress torwards the tough bossfights you do with your party aka Linkshell friends).

LB: Leveling spots are player mentality, FFXI does not tell you that, some of the community does. You can make a good party in Buburimu Peninsula over Valkurm Dunes. You just have that sheep mentality that "everyone goes here so we must go therreee..", and i would go screw that, dont go to Qufim, lets go to Saumange Champaine and fight Beetles in that nook.

PKing is bad, look at WoW and their ganking -_- Would you like to start leveling another job and then BAM a DRG jumps on you and kills you just because he wants to? Ballista is here for that, i dont think you played it, but it has that more of that honor thing and team work too. Its like playing a war game, and then you have to work as a team and is much more strategic than any PKing. You have got to be joking if you think PKing is the only thing MMOs have to gather, go for FPSs instead, i went to FFXI because they DONT have PKing. And with ballista its much more fun when you do. If you run around like a chicken with your head off and alone you are so going to die. Team work, sorta like Rainbow 6 especially with NINs, like lure em out, then bombard ;D Then quarry and defend the Rook.

Competition : Camps for exping, pulling monsters, economy, ballista(you should see some rivalries there), NM camping, Guild camping, Crafting, Conquest(there are EF LSs), and others i cant think of. No way is the economy the only thing there is. Besides, FFXI is all about cooperative play.

BTW do something plausible :P Bastok to Rabao is just pulling things from your butt. Try Bastok to Sandoria with WHMs and RDMs raising those that fell or something. Organize something and note all the things that might make it bumpy :P else its going to be a pain and not fun for you.

lordblazer
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Actually the game is pretty "linear" in terms of storyline...did you even get rank 5 and do mission 10? Otherwise you havent seen the storyline...also the Mission 5-2 cutscene along with Zilart Cutscene #1, is truly something to be taken into account and by many players other than me. FFVII did not start out into something epic like in Disc 2-3, same thing with FFXI...

Aljido-marujido, Shanttoto, Lion, and Gilglamesh are one of the most influencial characters in the story, and Cid too. If you played far enough these characters are truly unforgettable and have their own personality unlike the "I need carrots to feed by Rabbits, can you give me 4 carrots?" kind of NPCs in most other MMOs. I am pretty sure many could attest to that.

The goal is whatever you want. Although some things do require you to level up and i do agree it can become tedious, there are other goals you can strive to be. Craft something up to 100, fishing(really fun), try doing Quests, Missions are the main focal point of this game too which is the STORY and once you get introduced to the characters and get familiar with how the city works and in correlation to other nations(in other words, get you into the world) big things start happening. Theres also silly things you can do with your LS, like fishing trip on ship(and killing pirates along the way), a Tarutaru Parade, also you can do things like a LS world tour. You IMO were just dead set on leveling and ignored the flowers along the way. The main point of me playing is not only to better my character, but to see the story FFXI has availible, and right now, i really want to ZM5 along with Windurst M6-1 because after seeing the Shadowlord fight(with me fighting in it) and the stuff after, i am really interested.

You have not fully looked that the scope of FFXI( i feel anyawy), and thats too bad because i am enjoying the story immensely and would like to level up to see more of it(sorta like other FFs, you level up along the way to progress torwards the tough bossfights you do with your party aka Linkshell friends).

LB: Leveling spots are player mentality, FFXI does not tell you that, some of the community does. You can make a good party in Buburimu Peninsula over Valkurm Dunes. You just have that sheep mentality that "everyone goes here so we must go therreee..", and i would go screw that, dont go to Qufim, lets go to Saumange Champaine and fight Beetles in that nook.

PKing is bad, look at WoW and their ganking -_- Would you like to start leveling another job and then BAM a DRG jumps on you and kills you just because he wants to? Ballista is here for that, i dont think you played it, but it has that more of that honor thing and team work too. Its like playing a war game, and then you have to work as a team and is much more strategic than any PKing. You have got to be joking if you think PKing is the only thing MMOs have to gather, go for FPSs instead, i went to FFXI because they DONT have PKing. And with ballista its much more fun when you do. If you run around like a chicken with your head off and alone you are so going to die. Team work, sorta like Rainbow 6 especially with NINs, like lure em out, then bombard ;D Then quarry and defend the Rook.

Competition : Camps for exping, pulling monsters, economy, ballista(you should see some rivalries there), NM camping, Guild camping, Crafting, Conquest(there are EF LSs), and others i cant think of. No way is the economy the only thing there is. Besides, FFXI is all about cooperative play.

BTW do something plausible :P Bastok to Rabao is just pulling things from your butt. Try Bastok to Sandoria with WHMs and RDMs raising those that fell or something. Organize something and note all the things that might make it bumpy :P else its going to be a pain and not fun for you.

the story line on FF11 is very linear the economy is sadly linear due to the fact that its jsut not in great detail but still the hwole economy thing is freaking amazing and doesn't matter right now.The msot linear thing on FF11 is the fact that higher lvls literally gonvernt he lower levels and tell them to go here and there to lvl and dont thik about exploring.You can do whatever you want but the players on this game put so many dang restrictions on each other adn really though nothing on here is player controled.I mean on Nexus and on gral oyu can make a house and get it uploaded onto a server.Mainly on graal you can do that and oyu can make a guild make a guild house and get it uploaded ongraal. On Nexus erverything that is done is like a society in itself.Everyone does something to contribute towards each other.The countries on Nexus is player controled and owned very little control does the company of this game has.Just over the account number and every.Even events ont eh games such as the destruction of the cities nad such is just amazing.FF11 lacks a lot.

Lionx
06-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Economy is like real life O_o have you studied economics?

First you say the players dont control then the high lvls control everything? Surely its only the limiations and your choice to listen or not. I mean most would say go to the dunes. Why? More people are there and it helps with forming \parties, most high lvls help you. You really hate being low level? O_o Then lvl up..seirously as you lvl up you gain more knowledge, hence when someone says something completely wrong they can help correct that. Doesnt mean they know all but more than you. The economy is PURELY player driven. Wth are you talking about? Even the lower levels have a say in that.

Trust me FFXI doesnt lack alot of things. What you are saying is just that players make the world how it goes. Usually player driven things die out pretty fast like Eve i heard..or was it some other MMO. I rather let some other hardcore MMORPG person talk about this because quite frankly i dont know wth you are talking about. What does FFXI lack?(not the community, what you say about the community does not describe it as a whole at all, not to mention FFXI cannot control that but players do).

Heres an old pick of my MH from around 2004..tell me how its different than uploading your own house..if i could i would buy so much furniture.

lordblazer
06-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Economy is like real life O_o have you studied economics?

First you say the players dont control then the high lvls control everything? Surely its only the limiations and your choice to listen or not. I mean most would say go to the dunes. Why? More people are there and it helps with forming \parties, most high lvls help you. You really hate being low level? O_o Then lvl up..seirously as you lvl up you gain more knowledge, hence when someone says something completely wrong they can help correct that. Doesnt mean they know all but more than you. The economy is PURELY player driven. Wth are you talking about? Even the lower levels have a say in that.

Trust me FFXI doesnt lack alot of things. What you are saying is just that players make the world how it goes. Usually player driven things die out pretty fast like Eve i heard..or was it some other MMO. I rather let some other hardcore MMORPG person talk about this because quite frankly i dont know wth you are talking about. What does FFXI lack?(not the community, what you say about the community does not describe it as a whole at all, not to mention FFXI cannot control that but players do).

Heres an old pick of my MH from around 2004..tell me how its different than uploading your own house..if i could i would buy so much furniture.

I see your point but the problem isnt that its my choice to listen or not the problem is too many people actually listens to the limitations thus the people onteh lower lvls do the band wagon effect.

Attack_Spider
06-21-2005, 01:32 AM
I've played so many mmorph's but have had such a hard time sticking to any of them for longer then 2-3 months; Every one mentioned here except for Guild Wars. RPing is so important but hard to find because that 'corporate artificial role' as it was so well put, seems to seep in from every game and what I often find is that one game will have a really strong point but suffer from a million weakness's. Community is undoubtable the number one important thing - after all, without that then your just solo like any other single player game. What I wanted to say is that FF online was the closest Ive ever seen to having enough depth involving story, combat systems, races, guilds, and side things *like the moogle house, farming, holidays, bastila, cutscenes.. ect* Yup all kinds of cool thingies. ^^
The only reason why I really stopped playing it is because my linkshell had a disagreement over something that split us up which before that point I thought was the coolest LS I could ever in my life be lucky enough to be involved in. I agree with all the people saying that a online game is what you make it, and without socializing then dont expect to have any fun at all. At lvl 20 My character Luhcavi, was a thieving elf who pickpocketed random people and made more enemies then friends but still had enough charm to often meet new people and spends hours at the San d' oria tavern, drinking rum and telling hilarous stories and all kinds of lewd humor that would keep me laughing in real life for days after.

Rostum
06-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Each to their own.

With three or more characters spread across different servers, never making it past level 30 - you have barely scratched the surface of the game. There's a lot more to the story that you haven't exactly seen, there's a lot more the jobs as you level up.

I agree with one thing though, that where you level up is too linear, and it's a lot of the players fault. For instance, no one will venture out past Valkurm Dunes to level from 12-20. There are pleanty of better places, just no one goes there.

In anycase, I don't see how leveling WHM twice on two different servers can be counted as fun. You must be pretty dull to do that, honestly. Stick with one server and one character and have fun with the people on that server. No wonder you got bored, sheesh.

Lionx
06-21-2005, 02:48 AM
I see your point but the problem isnt that its my choice to listen or not the problem is too many people actually listens to the limitations thus the people onteh lower lvls do the band wagon effect.

Now yeah i can agree with that..too many people listen and think its the ONLY way to do things..but its not true =/ Well lets strike up the chance and try to go somewhere different when we can. ^^;

Theres many different ways to lvl, we can journey up third lvl of Promyvion and lvl ANY job there to a high lvl because of the limit cap...but you still also get exp for your main job. ENM is another way to level up..but most of us still do THE GRIND!! @_@ >.<

But yeah we moved way off topic..=/ Later Kaiser, hopefully you can find another game..i dont know anything else besides PSO or maybe EQII or something i ono =/

Miriel
06-21-2005, 09:59 AM
{Goodbye} {Take care!}

I agree that a good LS is essential to having fun in the game. Which is probably why I had more fun on Asura than I do on Pandemonium. I still think it's entertaining though, occassionaly tedius, but still fun.

Duane3.0
06-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Wow, this thread seems like it got a wee bit outa hand... might be better for all of us if we try to settle down now will we? :cry:. Lol. Yea, I've spent more time playing WoW than ffxi lately because of constant fighting but it really is alot better with friends (the only reason i haven't and won't quit ffxi actually). Personally i'd recommend just one or two playing characters and just focus on them though. That way you can expierience new things.

P.S. I didn't know you that well so i just went with the info from the others above.

KamiTidus
06-27-2005, 12:30 PM
=P Start hanging around Jeuno or Windy, that's were all the cool people are~. xD

/emote flashes windy gang signs. W(O.o)w