PDA

View Full Version : Giving a Second chance

RedCydranth
06-20-2005, 04:13 AM
If you know me well, you know that im not a fan of FFVIII and XI. However, I'm willing to give FFVIII a shot again, and I have started a new game.

Here's my first question (first of many as ive forgotten a LOT about this game) What is better to do, power up Shiva, Quetzecoatl and Ifrit early by the coast of continue on? How do you guys do your powering up? Do you draw a lot of magic early? Also does quistis have timed hits like squall?

Khimbar2775
06-20-2005, 04:55 AM
well, as far as i can remember, Quistis doesnt have timed hits, adn if you want to make it fun/challenging/long you can only draw&run battles until Quetzecoatl learns card (from boss battles) and then card every monster you see to get AP but no EXP.

Because if you didnt remember, FFVIII is a game where the enemies level up as you do, so if your lvl100, your enemies are 100 etc. So card everything, you get all the items for whatever purpose, and no exp to stay easy. I have yet to do it because i lost my copy, but when i find it, ill proceed to this strategy.

Just a suggestion... :D

RedCydranth
06-20-2005, 05:09 AM
My quez has card, what exactly do i do now??

BackRoomKid
06-20-2005, 05:11 AM
draw your magic (basics like cure, fire, scan, blizzard, thunder, sleep) and get them junctioned in...yes, very helpful to power up your GF's...not so much yourself

if you don't really level up, its not big deal...but keep up with drawing and junctioning

to me, carding was that important but it will make the game easier with the items you can get

RedCydranth
06-20-2005, 05:21 AM
So i draw all magic to 100, junction it where possible and defeat all possible enemies with card?

Okay, simple enough sounding.

What does GF compatibility do? Do i have to play the card game a lot?

rubah
06-20-2005, 05:47 AM
Compatibility makes them summon faster.

Play the card game and refine a lot of cards, it's easier than stealing and drawing lots of magic.

RedCydranth
06-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Gah, i hate the card game in this, I really for some reason liked FFIX's better, although this one is easier to understand.

How do i refine cards? Ifrit's refine ability I presume?

Skyblade
06-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Once Quezacoatl learns Card, it unlocks Card Mod.

RedCydranth
06-20-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't know why i thought it was Ifrit... Thanks.

When should I fight that GF that Cid gave me after I left Balamb?

The Anarchy Angel
06-20-2005, 07:34 PM
As soon as you would like, just save before doing so, it makes it easier, i did it just before netring Galbadia garden on disk one for the first time....i found it easy then

Francis Begbie
06-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Carding all them rubish monsters becomes a bit of a bitch when you get hit with the 'random' card rule leter on

Frankly, you should kill them all. The EXP received from them monsters is pretty sparse anway

RedCydranth
06-21-2005, 01:01 AM
I think that ill do the card thing until it gets really annoying. Since enemies level up with you I dont have to worry about falling behind.

DJZen
06-21-2005, 05:47 AM
The point of carding isn't just to play Triple Triad, it's also so you can refine items and magic, without which you'll be pulling your hair out. Proper junctioning is far more effective than levelling up. Mmm hmm, yup. That's how it is.

Ravenmorghane
06-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Carding all them rubish monsters becomes a bit of a bitch when you get hit with the 'random' card rule leter on

Frankly, you should kill them all. The EXP received from them monsters is pretty sparse anway

yes but my tactic is to keep the strongest cards and refine ALL the little cards into useful items. unfortunately i have hit a slight problem where some of the card mods require multiple copies of the card and i cant find any more anywhere,. I think this will take much card battling.

Khimbar2775
06-21-2005, 05:07 PM
exactly. You card monsters so you can refine the cards for rarer magic that is a little harder to come by, or just cant find altogether.

Vengence
06-21-2005, 07:53 PM
I never even played that damn card game ONCE. I hate those kinda things. I play FF for the adventure, not to play cards.. I just levelled up to 100, got all the ultimate weapons, junctioned tons of magic to my stats, and had my GFs learn all their abilitites and I was fine... Besides, I think you automatically get the Bahamut card when you obtain Bahamut, and that card can be refined into 100 megalixirs...HOW COULD YOU LOSE WITH THAT?!?

If you want to beat the Omega Weapon now that is a different story..... :O_O: