PDA

View Full Version : Aeons

Cruise Control
06-20-2005, 05:14 AM
Did shuyin mechanicaly enhance the aeons, cuz before you fight Ixion it says an aeon with machina.

If the above statement is false, why couldn't Yuna summon for the brief amount of time the aeons returned.

The Anarchy Angel
06-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Its in Djose Temple, they keep machina in it...that's how methinks the machina combined with Ixion, but about the whole summoning things, i think they were sort of the dead spirits of the aeons

negareboshi
06-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, exactly. In Djose, they have machina, so the dark aeon just merged with it. As for the summons, once Yuna lost them in ffx, they were gone..forever. She can't summon them again because they don't really exist anymore. The aeons in ffx-2 were all dark aeons, they were shadows, like Shuyin. They were kinda like unsent creatures, kinda.

I Don't Need A Name
06-20-2005, 04:52 PM
The appearence of the aeons are explained by the fayth after you defeat Anima. He says that he couldnt control them, they just wanted to fight and got dragged in on Shuyins side, or something like that

Cruise Control
06-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I heard that, but the aeons are fayth, and if the fayth were there, why couldn't yuna ask them to fight with her (after she had freed them from shuyin's influence)

The Anarchy Angel
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't think they were going to listen to her, think of them as shadows of their past beings, not really up to full strength or full thought (i mean, ifrit would surely cast nul frost on hismelf, right?) so i doubt they were in a reasoning mood. As well, they also appeared on X, even when the Fayth hadn't quite vanished, just they'd realised it was kind of a lie, so i just think of them as absent shadows

Cruise Control
06-20-2005, 07:48 PM
ohhh... I voted for you BTW

The Anarchy Angel
06-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Yay, thanks! I think I'm going to need the votes too :( the people are so gooood and i use pencils... *dies* btw, how do you vote, PM?

redxiiii
06-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Shadows? sounds a bit like Ultima weapon in FFX, I think Auron says something like "that was just the shadow of Omega weapon once you`ve beaten Ultima, is it anything like that?

The Anarchy Angel
06-21-2005, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't know :D

xXTidusXxX2YunaX2
06-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, guys actually what we are talking about is really complex. It's weird how we saw the dark Aeons in X2. But like the other guy said, in the omega runins you fight ultima weapon. After the fight Auron says "That was just Omegas Shadow, wait until we fight the real thing" The dark aeons we see in 10-2 i think are just shadows of their past beings. Well what i think is the fayth came back for awhile but not all of them. Mabye it was just the bad part. Like just their combat part of their beings. Mabye thats why Yuna couldn't summon them herself because she is pure at heart. After all they had shuyins vengful spirit backing them up. Mabye Shuyins Spirit well his Hate really Corrupted the Aeons themselfs. But in FFX i really don't know how dark Aeons are possible? Unless their was some sort of evil driving them. Like in the International version of FFX i'd say it was Panice's ( I think that is his name) hate driving them. Like in FFX2 except its shuyins hate of his vengeful spirit.

Levian
06-22-2005, 03:22 AM
Just think of them like old people. They won't come when you call, but they'll sure show up every now and then to beat you with their stick.