PDA

View Full Version : Cash Flow Crisis

ff-fanatix
06-20-2005, 12:44 PM
ok guys ive hit a bit of a slump

i need new armour, maps and weapons but i got virtually no gil.....hell i cant even afford a chocobo......

so heres where you come in....i need some suggestions on how to get more gil......iove tried camping NM's at both Ghelsba and King Ranperres Tomb...but to no avail.....they juist wont drop......and im fed up of doing that now.....

so anyone got any ideas? please :cry:

Carl the Llama
06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
go to the weapons shop town and compare prices of weapons and armour to AH prices and you will find that you can make quite a bit of money from just buying and selling the stuff in the shops

ff-fanatix
06-20-2005, 05:39 PM
at the moment i am taking up a new hobby.....MINING :D

lets see how it turns out

lordblazer
06-20-2005, 07:45 PM
I would get 12 mining picks and goto gusgen mines and mine out the darksteel ores.or you can actually jsut go out and farm dude.Thats the best thing oyu can do but if oyu are a WHM then yeah then you should just lvl a new job thats lvl 1.As you lvl that ne wjob you will be able to get crystals and stuff you can stack up if oyu do your research the items your dropped as newbie were really worth a lot if oyu were to stack them.(Bird eggs were 3k a stack when I was a newbie and it took me awhile to realise that.).There are tons of ways to make gil.

Lionx
06-20-2005, 09:12 PM
As a lowbie WHM i somewhat just got CP from the abundances of parties and sold armor off til lvl 36ish. Then i would teleport around and kill elementals for money. Mining is great too, Gusgen like LB said can have a great abundance in Darksteel or at least the possibility.

At lvl 40 try to get your linkshell to do BC40.

lordblazer
06-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah and if oyu wanna save gil anmd not buy mining picks oyu should make them its a lvl 0 item to mak ejsut farm fire crystals and buy some lumber and brassignots.Then jsut go out and make them on the spot while your mining.Just odn't let a JP player using a bot come in and do it constantly until the mining point moves in gusgen mines because its really dangerous..Also if your a lvl 25 or higher WHM you should goto valkrum and offer up your services as a PLer.Gil is everywher eont he game so never panic when you run low.WE all run low on gil sometimes heck do what i did and blackmail a monopolizer lol.

Lionx
06-20-2005, 09:39 PM
As much as it could be gil i urge people never to power level. It creates newbs that wouldnt know what to do at higher levels especially WHMs...you really dont want them to be not provoking(because you are tanking it) or healing and managing MP poorly when they should have learned it at the Dunes. That and unless its 60K an hour or more, i can make better money elsewhere with a craft or even farming with more fun.

If people mess up in the Dunes, they need to die(not in a malicious way) and LEARN why they died. While some obviously dont deserve the death and feel frustration, its a consequence of poor party performance and the higher levels who is playing there the third or more times need to help the newbs keep in shape, and learn their jobs. Face the death for the greater good and not create lvl 35 newbs...(i SEEN TONS I SWEAR I HATE IT ><)

Miriel
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Do Taru-dances for gil. :)

lordblazer
06-22-2005, 05:21 AM
As much as it could be gil i urge people never to power level. It creates newbs that wouldnt know what to do at higher levels especially WHMs...you really dont want them to be not provoking(because you are tanking it) or healing and managing MP poorly when they should have learned it at the Dunes. That and unless its 60K an hour or more, i can make better money elsewhere with a craft or even farming with more fun.

If people mess up in the Dunes, they need to die(not in a malicious way) and LEARN why they died. While some obviously dont deserve the death and feel frustration, its a consequence of poor party performance and the higher levels who is playing there the third or more times need to help the newbs keep in shape, and learn their jobs. Face the death for the greater good and not create lvl 35 newbs...(i SEEN TONS I SWEAR I HATE IT ><)

well PLing really doesnt create noobs.lets see PLing a PT in valkrum that needs a WHM but doesnt have one and cant find one at the moment PLing is a great option due to the fact that they have a healer.Another thing is that really it only creates noobs when a PT leader depends so much on a PLer and PLing really doesn't make a person dependent so it doesnt hurt much.What hurts a player and a newbie from getting to know the game better is when everything is spoon fed..Such as giving a newbie 10k gil as starting money.Shoot i never had starting gil lol wat about 10 gil lol.Thats the worse I think anyone can do to a newbie.But I remember hwne i was newb a monk by the name of bernar loooked at me and said "I have just the weapon for oyu." He gave me a scythe and I used that for my WAR every since scythes.I mean its a kewlness factor plus Bernar later on helps me get to Bastok sinc ei didnt have a map thena nd i was still a newb jsut now leaving windurst regions due to the fact that i went from lvl 1 - 15 without having to goto valkrum.lol man people get tired of those life stories of mines :D .

Lionx
06-22-2005, 05:39 AM
It does make bad parties. They think they can take any monster out there. With a power leveler, they have much more mana than any mage out there in the Dunes(especially RDMs with Refresh/Convert). Because many a time you cannot take a monster because the more mana used, means that thats how much longer you can take the monster. That and that getting chains are HARDER without a power leveler or with a mage that does not conserve MP well enough.

For those that cannot find a healer, tough luck. Find one around your level so that they can work on conserving MP and not wasting it. Many a time, a party will take snippers around lvl 13. Why i ask them, and they would respond they can take it, only to die a little bit later asking what happened? Many a time, its because they had a power leveler that made it possible for them to take the Snipper at such a low level and that when a REAL WHM or RDM takes charge of healing without one, they screw up. And they will continue to screw up as they level up too. When you have a power leveler, you are technically already dependant on them.

Like you said, its bad when things are spoon-fed. Giving some newb a starter weapon isnt that bad, it just saves them gil. Its not like they wouldnt know how to farm or anything. Partying only comes with experience. Power level = Spoonfeed them through their first parties.

lordblazer
06-22-2005, 06:36 AM
It does make bad parties. They think they can take any monster out there. With a power leveler, they have much more mana than any mage out there in the Dunes(especially RDMs with Refresh/Convert). Because many a time you cannot take a monster because the more mana used, means that thats how much longer you can take the monster. That and that getting chains are HARDER without a power leveler or with a mage that does not conserve MP well enough.

For those that cannot find a healer, tough luck. Find one around your level so that they can work on conserving MP and not wasting it. Many a time, a party will take snippers around lvl 13. Why i ask them, and they would respond they can take it, only to die a little bit later asking what happened? Many a time, its because they had a power leveler that made it possible for them to take the Snipper at such a low level and that when a REAL WHM or RDM takes charge of healing without one, they screw up. And they will continue to screw up as they level up too. When you have a power leveler, you are technically already dependant on them.

Like you said, its bad when things are spoon-fed. Giving some newb a starter weapon isnt that bad, it just saves them gil. Its not like they wouldnt know how to farm or anything. Partying only comes with experience. Power level = Spoonfeed them through their first parties.

even though thye have a pler they got limits on mana and really it doesnt create bad PTs if people dont depend on a person to PL them from lvl 1-20 and trust me maybe 9-10 but never ever 1-20 thats what I'm trying to get to you.your thinking too much into the extreme of things. Now I can see when PLing causes bad PTs is when most PTs depend on PLers.Which really don't don't its a luxury to get a PL here in pandemonium..Its a bigger luxury for a high lvl warrior to go on bogy or banshee patrol.

Lionx
06-22-2005, 06:56 AM
even though thye have a pler they got limits on mana and really it doesnt create bad PTs if people dont depend on a person to PL them from lvl 1-20 and trust me maybe 9-10 but never ever 1-20 thats what I'm trying to get to you.your thinking too much into the extreme of things. Now I can see when PLing causes bad PTs is when most PTs depend on PLers.Which really don't don't its a luxury to get a PL here in pandemonium..Its a bigger luxury for a high lvl warrior to go on bogy or banshee patrol.

Dude i remember long time ago power leveling a party and i never ran out of mana..

When you power level, you are depending on someone else outside the party. How is it not? You can fight things way stronger than your level. I am not thinking in the extreme of things, what i am saying actually happened. People can power level from 1-30 seriously without much penalty, even after that a little bit too. Then it becomes not worth it.

Lots of ppl camp VE, therefore instant patrol :P That and alot of people power level out of the goodness of their heart. Think about your friend power leveling you. Then this other dude's friend in another party will. The chances of power leveling is high as long as a friend is willing. And how many people are? 1 x 6 because there are at least 6 people on the party. Not to mention its really boring -_-; I am sure if you look at many other FFXI sites most will agree.

lordblazer
06-22-2005, 07:10 AM

Dude i remember long time ago power leveling a party and i never ran out of mana..

When you power level, you are depending on someone else outside the party. How is it not? You can fight things way stronger than your level. I am not thinking in the extreme of things, what i am saying actually happened. People can power level from 1-30 seriously without much penalty, even after that a little bit too. Then it becomes not worth it.

Lots of ppl camp VE, therefore instant patrol :P That and alot of people power level out of the goodness of their heart. Think about your friend power leveling you. Then this other dude's friend in another party will. The chances of power leveling is high as long as a friend is willing. And how many people are? 1 x 6 because there are at least 6 people on the party. Not to mention its really boring -_-; I am sure if you look at many other FFXI sites most will agree.

i understand that but man its still a luxury and its a rare thing that one person depended on a pler to get him or her to lvl 1-25.Do you understand what I'm trying to say your htinking toom uch in the extreme when you say it makes bad PTs because really a lot of PTs might ask for a PLer but trust me that same PT the next day won;'t rely on a PL that offend.Thats all I'm trying to say.I see the statistics i see the fact htat it make slvling easier but it doesnt make bad PTs the only way it can make a bad PT is if that same PT depended ona PLer every single time they went to EXP chain.

Lionx
06-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Apparantly many people that are lower level would like to help some people out like for instance someone that is higher lvl that helped them out and then when they are lvling a lower lvl job, they like to help em out. Its no luxury, every 4 parties, 3 are power leveled on my server. People are even bitching theres too many but who are they to say GET OUT WE DONT NEED YOU!!! when people arrive?

There might not be the same guy that power levels them throughout their levels. It could be one of their party mates, somone on the LS or flist, or it can be that just one dude wanted to(some people are nice like that).

There are some parties that their leader and a majority of them in there REFUSE to fight without one as well. I am not taking it to the extreme because these things actually happen! They do! Else do you really think i would care? This dude at lvl 34 doesnt even know how to tank properly and he was power leveled alot when we asked. -_-

Lich3636
06-23-2005, 04:13 AM
I agree with Lionx right now im lving Drk and almost every party i get into either has a pl or try to get me to chip in for one (which i refuse and then get booted while all the ppl in my party call me a noob when half of them dont even have there sub jobs) pls in dunes seem to have gone from luxary to mandatory these days its terrible

lordblazer
06-23-2005, 04:16 AM
lol its been awhile since i done the dunes and everytime i do it i never had a PL i always joined a kickass PT with a LS member or two lol.

but even whne PLing lol those newbs can still f up and die lol.I seen it happen before when my friend was PLing a PT and I was you know the body guard against bogy's..Anyway this guy pulled may flies and he accidently linked them.Man my friend dies from taking the hate and i didnt even bother voking one nad taking on 8 flies lol the whole PT died man it was freaking funny i sat backa nd watched as they died lol.MAn PPPLing doesnt always help lol.

Lionx
06-23-2005, 06:05 AM
No it doesnt help always, but 95% of the time it will >_> Tell me how many ppl around now dont have another high lvl job?

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 06:08 AM
Geting gil in ff11 can be nasty but heres a good idea. Sub or use theif as your main if you can as it makes this alot easyer. Then Go into west ot east Sarutabaruta and hunt crawlers. A stack of silk goes for ALOT and sells realy fast. Another option is to go into the mountains above the canyon and below the campain area out side of jueno and hunt the flys they. (sorry cant spell the full names) They drop Gashabit wildgrass wich sells ok and is needed for the chocobo quest. Sadly they dont stack.

lordblazer
06-23-2005, 06:12 AM
I kjust spend 1k gil or get a friend to tele altep me and i go on a fishing trip in rabao and do nothing but fish carps and sell 'em man i could do that for hours.

Lionx
06-23-2005, 06:14 AM
BCNM60 in Temple of Ugallieth with 3 runs i got 700K D: wish we had more time to do 3 more.

Ouch!
06-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Pending on your level, in the mid to latter 20's you can farm in Tahrongi. Crawlers for silk, pygmaiois for cotton, and killer bees for beehive chips, all of which sell pretty well.

If you're a THF or have a THF sub you can even steal the cotton from the pygmaiois, which is fairly helpful.

lordblazer
06-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah tahrongi canyons is a haven for farming if your in your 20s. late 30s i say rolanberry fields same with 40s.early 30s i suggest buburimaru penninsula.

Rostum
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
If you have a lot of patience, you can farm Goobbues in either Passhow Marshlands or Rolandberry Fields, for tree cuttings. A stack goes for around 150,000gil. Usualy takes me a night to get a stack.

You could them plant them and grow them into sapplings, maybe even doubling the amount you have. Which sell for more. But I haven't been bothered yet.

By the way, I would suggest this at level 40 for Passhow, and maybe a bit higher for Rolandberry, so you can kill them quicker with no troubles.

Yuffie514
06-24-2005, 02:01 AM
so many replies, so i don't know if it is any good to you:

i auction Yagudo Necklaces. normal sell price i use is 700G. could be worth more tho. they always sell.

Lionx
06-24-2005, 02:11 AM
Yag necklaces sell because

1.) Wind + Necklace = 3 grass threads and HQ can make a stack(<3!)

2.) 4 Yag necklaces can earn you 200gil if you give it to the cat burgular. This quest not only gives you gil, but Tenshodo fame which you need to turn it approximately 275ish(it varies but i last saw this one) to get the necessary scroll of Utsusemi Ichi. That and Tenshodo fame quests are rare as hell. Theres only a handful that work and this necklace one is the least painful on your wallet assuming you farm them.

I personally dont recommend you selling yag necklaces without getting Utsusemi first. @_@; Even then i would say...Grass Thread for the win.

Rostum
06-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Only one problem with handing in those necklaces, well at least for a beginner. It apparently lowers Windurst fame (on another note, the selbina quest with boyahda moss and millecorn lowers tenshodo fame).

Lionx
06-24-2005, 02:25 AM
I dont know if that is true or not, did your level go lower by checking the npc? Because last time i checked, i still have Hero fame...and i got Utsu.

lordblazer
06-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Fishing is the easiest way to go trust me my friend lol.Stack up on sardines and then as you lvl you stack up on my advance stuff such as jelly fish and carps.once people fish for caprs i think they stay with it until they get the lu shang fishing rod and high fishing skill.Then thats when you start to make the big gil in catching legendary fish.

ff-fanatix
06-26-2005, 02:50 AM
well i have eanrt my royalties thanx to wonders of the thief...i leveled up my thf to 15 and sold off everystack of crystals....bat wings...brid eggs etc.....

But there is one thing i really...REALLY want to do.....

KILL A JAPANESE GIL SELLER :mad2: :mad2:

ahhh constantly camping away the fucking NM's theres this guy on our server called HANKER ( remember this name so you may throw verbaly abuse at him ) .... he sits in King Ranperres tomb campin spooks a good 13 hours a day.....all i no is he has a very high lvl ninja......

im gonna stic it to him one day grrrr :mad2:

anyway thanx for suggestions...ill try them all out in due time....

btw if anyone here is on the ramuh server (Euro) gimme a pm.....maybe party sometime.....

Rostum
06-26-2005, 03:10 AM
How do you know he's a gil seller? A lot of normal players sometimes camp things non-stop too.

Lionx
06-26-2005, 07:55 AM
I can camp valkurm emp days on end if i wanted to. Theres no way to know for sure he sells gil or anything of the sort. Vigilante(sp) justice and abuse will only net you a /blist or GM trouble.

ff-fanatix
06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
nah i know this cos one of my in game mates is in his linkshell..

and he tried selling gil to him....and you can also find him on one of the gil buying sites...

tis harsh times....but like i said what can ya do....

just got keep ahead of the game :p

lordblazer
06-26-2005, 07:11 PM
With gil selling the reason why they do it is mainly because they just face being banned form the servers nothing more nothing less.Theres no real law against it saying its a Felony if you gil sell.The reason why gil seller is against SE's policy isn't because the economy on a server can inflate.Screw that SE cares about its customers because thats how they make money but thye don't care that much.Mainly because gil sellers are taking money away and making a pretty good profit. Someone buys 1 mil gil at lvl 10 for 20 bucks.Well the gil seller made 20 bucks and SE might have loss some money becuase the player was able to focus more on leveling and questing and getting through the game faster.The easier it is for a player to get through the game faster and do it all the less money SE will make because the player will just get tired and cancel his subscription thus that 12 bucks from the guys pocket ain't gonna get there.The free trial thing is a fucking joke also.I play the first month without being charged i go for a second month.When they charge me at the end of hte second month though.I have to pay for that "free trial".I mean they make a lot of money off of MMORPG's and they are just ripoffs at times. I don't bother with special events mad eup byt he company anymore.Like the whole moogle thing i just stopped beacause it'll drain my gil and i'll be playing longer trying to make gil.Now there is nothing wrong with SE condeming gil sellers because gil sellers are literally stealing there money that is needed to run the server pay the employees and keep the company alive.

Lionx
06-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Gilsellers wont ever sell gil to another player, they will most likely hand their gil to a third party like IGE and serveral other huge virtual game sellers for money. Theres no way to make sure you pay anyway so its just bogus imo.

LB i have no idea what you are trying to say..paragraphs are your friend :D

No i feel the reason why gilselling is here is that theres a great demand for it. That and getting virtual fake money is a reletively easy and an at-leisure job where you SIT in front of a computer and can make decent money if you arent in the USA. As long as there are suckers there, they will keep selling. SE does not want them to sell gil because the way they farm and monopolize some NMs can cause inflation to a degree a little faster(they are not the only reason though players have a good deal in the inflation of many servers too) and sometimes causes player grief therefore losing players.

You dont pay for the free trial LB through credit card. You paid for it the minute you bought the game :P Thats the fee there for me personally. The one month free trial is to let you see if you like the game, you can say WoW's free trial for 10days is a joke too.

LB draining gil is the ENTIRE POINT of some events. The game has an inflation running because of all the gil being introduced into the economy and not enough being put out. The only ways are AH Tax, NPC vendors(how many use them?), Choco/Airship/Ship, and Dynamis(1mil gil out but..its only every 3-4 days i think and you can gain so much MORE than 1mil easily). The only thing now is the 8million gil armor you can get at CoP that can be desynthed to sell more money...hopefully that will catch on as a fad so that we can deflate the economy. When you want prices to go down, someone needs to take a hit. Just hope its not you.

RMTs do not hurt the economy however if their gil never sells, its there the gil but it never circulates again. The laws are that international law does not have any say over virtual data therefore its hard to take criminal charges to something overseas where people WILL take their side with the RMTs because well they worked for it and its not illogical either.

RMTs also do not make SE suffer..i fail to see how it does. If someone is to buy gil they are going to quit either way. The first way is that the player is not willing to farm and will quit SOONER. If they can get gil they will probably play til a much longer date then quit cuz its "boring".

lordblazer
06-27-2005, 02:59 AM
I just horde my gil hooya!!!

KamiTidus
06-27-2005, 12:37 PM
This may sound a little weird but even the littlest bit of money is great. I know everytime I kill a gob or sumthin and get like 6 -14gil I do a taru-taru dance. It's not much, but every bit helps. Hell you could farm gobs if you wanted to do that. Its not really all that fast but you could farm gobs to get enough money to do the shop and sell trick. Another trick is, check the AH of the town your at, see if people by "Cure" scrolls at AH. Surpisingly some places the scrolls sell for 1 -2k gil because newbs dont know their only like 70 gil at the magic shop. Yea its a little rude to the newbs, but then again, it teaches them about the game unlike PLing.

lordblazer
06-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Do what I did on halloween. or the usmmer fest(which I know I'll miss again this year ;_;)

They had to get candya nd lots of it.So I bought sweets from the AHa nd the NPCshops and I sold wat was worth 70 to 80 gil for aobut lets say 5k gil.Made 300k gil in a single night before they caught on.