PDA

View Full Version : Guardians Crusade

I Don't Need A Name
06-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Has anyone played this game! dispite it being old i think it is an amazing game (its like Final Fantasy)

Mercen-X
06-20-2005, 06:16 PM
I know of two people.

Here's what I remember: Knight, Baby, (whatever the fairy's name was), Xizan, Karmine (actually, it took another player to remind there was a Karmine), TOYSSSS!!!

I Don't Need A Name
06-20-2005, 06:52 PM
The living toys are cool!!

Mercen-X
06-20-2005, 07:29 PM
What were the names of the two boxers? One was Peace Maker, I think. Maybe the other was like, K.O.? They were my favorites.

The Miner and the Map one were cool too. If you never used the map thing in battle the entire time you walked to Xizan, you could kill him in a single move . . . or so I think. I don't think I actually got that far without using it. It's been awhile since I played it too. I need to visit a flea market.

Yuffie514
06-21-2005, 12:02 AM
i have it, as a burned copy. too bad, i can't play it anymore. really liked it though.

I Don't Need A Name
06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
the third form was supposed to be able to be killed in one form by peacemaker but it doesnt work! did you complete it?

Mercen-X
06-21-2005, 07:39 PM
What? You haven't?

At the end, they show a string of cutscenes of people waving as the credits roll. Actually, I'm not sure if the credits are there yet. Only at the end of this long, looong, cutscene, do you see the true conclusion to Knight's quest. I don't remember what it was though.

Meat Puppet
06-21-2005, 08:05 PM
It is the only RPG I have finished and liked. I felt cold and lonely when I finished it.

I Don't Need A Name
06-22-2005, 04:48 PM
course ive finished it! in the cutscene the fairy becomes human and marries Knight!

Lord Chainsaw
06-22-2005, 07:09 PM
I really enjoyed the game. It was a nice, and very easy RPG that is a great break from some of the other in depth and involved games out there.

My favorite living toys were the Contributor and the Hatchet one. The Hatchet one halves everyone's hp during battle, including yours. It works on bosses though. I remember it hit the final form of Xizan by 3700. The Contributor had an attack called Money Hurts which I found to be the most powerful that any living toy would use.

I also really enjoyed the environments and locations in that game. I remember my favorite location was Karmine's tower. You had to go through a grim forest, cross a long bridge with a boss fight on it, and then scale this incredible tower before the showdown. Great times.

I Don't Need A Name
06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah the good old days! My favourite living toys were Clntributer, Pyro and Legend!

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Wow I remember that game. I realy loved it. Old school RPG goodness with a great world to adventure through and liveing toys insted of traditional spells and abilitys. It realy made for an awsome game makes me kick myself for trading it in all those years ago. Maybe i'll hunt down a copy.

Mercen-X
06-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Mr. O'Neal Received after defeating Mushmare in Kell
2 Psychic Points: Attack (small damage)
Cupid Received with Mr. O'Neal if you have correct item
10 Psychic Points: Heal All (medium)
Dark Postle Received with Mr. O'Neal if you have correct item
2 Psychic Points: Darkness all (small damage)
Jupiter Received with Mr. O'Neal if you have correct item
2 Psychic Points: Light all (small damage)
Nurse Received with Mr. O'Neal if you have correct item
2 Psychic Points: Heal (small recover)
Viper Received with Mr. O'Neal if you have correct item
5 Psychic Points: Paralyze
Pyro Received with Mr. O'Neal if you have correct item
5 Psychic Points: Fire (medium damage) ^_^
Da Bomb Found in Kell storage room
2 Psychic Points: Bomb all (including party) after three turns ^_^
Phoenix Found in Kell inner caves
2 Psychic Points: Restores all to normal
Walkbomb Found in Kell inner caves
2 Psychic Points: Attack based on distance you’ve walked ^_^
Timeout Found in nest after defeating bird in Kell caves
5 Psychic Points: Invulnerall three turns
Mapster Received from the owners of the Coastal Inn
Map out of battle, 2 Psychic Points: Attack (small damage)
Kimoni Found in Isten
10 Psychic Points: Heal (medium recover)
Contributor Found in Richten's house in Isten
5 Psychic Points: Throws 20 rubies at enemy (large damage)
Baron Found in Governor's house in Zed Harbor
2 Psychic Points: Turns 10% your damage to rubies
Minicar Found in Zed Harbor, near rear dock
2 Psychic Points: Powerful Attack almost always misses (deathblow ^_^)
Heal Bat Found in church library in Zed Harbor
10 Psychic Points: Attack (small damage) restores equivalent Hp
Vampire Received from nun upstairs in Zed Harbor church
5 Psychic Points: Attack all, lose 10% Hp
Miner Found in Carmarthen mine
Dig for treasure out of battle, 2 Psychic Points: Attack
Psychodoc Found in Kuldo Temple
2 Psychic Points: Takes 20 Hp, gives 10 Pp
Foreman Found in Kuldo Temple
Exit dungeon out of battle, 2 Psychic Points: Attack
Clericy Found in Kuldo Temple
3 Psychic Points: Heal (small recover)
Freud Found in Kuldo Temple
2 Psychic Points: Casts Sleep
Angel Found in Kuldo Temple
20 Psychic Points: Heal All (large recover) ^_^
Ditchmobile Received from couple in Jungo after entering name
2 Psychic Points: Casts Speed up ^_^
Ringsider Received from yellow penguin creature in Jungo
2 Psychic Points: Tells the goings-on in battle
Mi Armour Found in lighthouse on Jungo Island
2 Psychic Points: Defense up
Terroroid Found in chest on bow of ship after leaving Jungo
2 Psychic Points: Casts Terror
Mudsy Found in hut on Kerple Island
2 Psychic Points: Enemy Speed down
Pippanic Found in Serpent's Head Shrine on Kerple Island
2 Psychic Points: Casts Confusion
Hobo Joe Found in Serpent's Head Shrine on Kerple Island
2 Psychic Points: Steals item from enemy ^_^
Samurai In hut on Kerple Island, after defeating Yugonga
10 Psychic Points: Attack (medium damage) removes other toys from battle ^_^
Insectorfly Found in Den Heldar
2 Psychic Points: Enemy Defense down
Douwner Found in North Tower
2 Psychic Points: Enemy Offense/Defense down
Toughwall Found in North Tower
4 Psychic Points: Shields Knight ^_^
Vegas Found on the roof of North Tower
2 Psychic Points: Casts Games of Chance (can harm you)
Mossman Found in the lower level of North Tower
2 Psychic Points: Enemy Offense down
Windmeister Received from Gamella's father after freeing him
2 Psychic Points: Casts Wind (large damage) ^_^
Whyme In chest at Coastal Inn, blocked early by cat
4 Pscychic Points: Decoy
Marilyn Received from Carmen, after she marries Marco
20 Psychic Points: Fully restores one’s Hp ^_^
Stare Found at house to the Southwest of Trisken
Overhead view in towns, 2 Psychic Points: Attack
Dr. Snooze Received from Trisken recruiter, pass test
4 Psychic Points: Casts Sleep all
Tarantula Received from watchmaker, in house in Trisken
2 Psychic Points: Casts Poison all
Sacribat Found in Trisken bell tower
20 Psychic Points: Attack, sacrifices one LT per use
Sumode Found in Garam Tomb
2 Psychic Points: Powerful strike (commonly misses)
Hornet Given by man singing in Denvrado, buy record
2 Psychic Points: Poison attack
Gabriel Given by Aruvin, after coming from God's Tower
50 Psychic Points: Heal all (max) ^_^
Dark Cross Given after defeating first God's Tower guard
2 Psychic Points: Casts Darkness all ^_^
Holy Cross Given after defeating second God's Tower guard
2 Psychic Points: Eliminates dark foes ^_^
Verseus Found in chest in Picard
2 Psycic Points: Causes double damage ^_^
Generosity Received by King of Trisken after liberation
2 Psychic Points: Random spoils
Cheergirl Given by Zed Harbor Governor after liberation
2 Psychic Points: Boosts Offense
Assassin Found in Castle Ryan basement
2 Psychic Points: Machine gun after three turns ^_^
Dr. Gas Found in chest in upper level of Castle Ryan
2 Psychic Points: Poison Gas all
Classique Found in chest in upper level of Castle Ryan
2 Psychic Points: Casts Sleep all
Freakz Found in chest in upper level of Castle Ryan
2 Psychic Points: Casts Terror all
Confuso Found in chest in upper level of Castle Ryan
2 Psychic Points: Casts Confusion all
Earshot Found in Denime Plains
5 Psychic Points: Listens, finds enemy weakness
Resetter Found in large tree stump in Denime Plains
20 Psychic Points: Restarts battle (Pp will be restored) ^_^
Mermaid Given by fishing penguin in Penguii, say yes
2 Psychic Points: Water attack
Frooze Found on giant snowman in Penguii
15 Psychic Points: Ice attack
Draken Found in Nord Temple Northeast of Penguii
4 Psychic Points: Halves all Hp (including party) ^_^
Frostall Found in Nord Temple Northeast of Penguii
2 Psychic Points: Ice all
Avalanche Given to you by Rogo in tunnel later in game
2 Psychic Points: Earth attack
Voodoodoll Given to you by Carmarthen miner later in game
4 Psychic Points: Casts spell one of four tries
Sermone Received from Den Heldar detective later in game
50 Psychic Points: Revives you from K.O.
Championo Found in chest in Artema Church later in game
?? Psychic Points: Halves your Psychic Points to attack
Ninja Found in chest in riverbed dungeon
2 Psychic Points: Ninja spells
D' Artagnan Found after defeating Holy Dragon, riverbed dungeon
20 Psychic Points: Lance (large damage) ^_^
Legend Given by Zeppetto after collecting all living toys
50 Psychic Points: Massive damage ^_^
Peacemaker Found in your house in Orgo after sleeping
0 Psychic Points: Random attack, knocks party to 1Hp/0Pp ^_^

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/psx/gcrusade/text/faqs/gcrusade.txt
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/psx/gcrusade/gcrusademov.html

As long as you have Windows Media Player, you should be able to at least listen to the music of the game intro.

I Don't Need A Name
06-23-2005, 04:36 PM
good living toy guide!

Mercen-X
06-24-2005, 05:54 AM
As you can see, Nehani is Knight's guide as well as his friend. She acts more like his personal conscience and common sense.
Looking at this other pic, I remembered that "random battles" were decided by ghost encounter. The bigger the ghost, the more aggressively it would chase you to initiate battle and the more difficult the monsters in battle would be. The opposite is true for smaller ghosts.

RedCydranth
06-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh god.... I hated this game... it was horridly kiddish and I honestly think it was one of the worst games ever made. Thanks again for proving you should have died with the Atari Activision!

EDIT: I recieved a PM asking me to elaborate so... here goes:

The entire plot was stupid. The collecting of all the toys was too pokémonish, and I hate when RPGs add monster collecting as a sidequest. Sure at least in GC they had SOME use, unlike several others. Also the graphics were shoddy and the dialogue was written by an eight year old. I hated baby as a character. The "hero" of the story never spoke, instead you had a fairy do all the talking, á la Legend of Zelda: OoT.

So basically to make money (not a lot since the game wasn't a hit) Activision employed features in other games to make money. Monster collection (Pokémon, Azure Dreams), Fairy talking instead of hero (LoZ:OoT), Morphing Monster thing (SaGa Frontier), No thought required battle system (Final Fantasy I, Dragon Warrior), Enemy on main screen as Battle Encounters (Chrono Trigger). Notice all of the games in parenthesis are greater games.

The lack of hero character build up was somewhat off putting as well. Hi I'm a guy who ironically wears a knight suit around, i find a mysterious creature... Hmm i know I'll silently have my annoying fairy tell me everything to do to help this pink blob that no one has ever seen before to its mother. I don't care about MY life.. I'll just do all of this on a whim.

For a playstation era RPG it fell short in my eyes because SO much more can be done with RPGs than beginning of game get quest, fight a lot of enemies with minimal plot, find main boss kill, win. As an NES game I think it would have done well because this idea fits in with the NES style RPGs more so than anything made for SNES, let alone PSX. The graphics were such a terrible display that I feel that sprites on a 2D map would have been better than the attempt they made making this game.

That's why I hate Guardian's Crusade.

Mercen-X
06-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Speaking as a 20-something Final Fan, I recognize plenty valid points as to why this isn't the best game. But just because the console was PlayStation doesn't mean it had to be an advanced game. There are a lot of RPGs little kids can't play 'cause they don't understand the mechanics. And though these games may have better storylines, they're deep plot can confuse an underdeveloped mind or at least the mind of a child who rarely reads.
Notice the rating says "E for everyone." You shouldn't expect this kind of rating to yield a game of award-winning or even note-worthy innovation. The best you can hope for is that it has a beginning, a middle, and an end and that the overall story doesn't leave you wondering "what the hell just happened?"

There's no validation to your hating this game. Other than perhaps the obvious "borrowing" of game mechanics.

I Don't Need A Name
06-28-2005, 05:59 PM
there is a hero...KNIGHT! and its an old game so the graphics are going to be old.........also it was made something like JUST after Pokemon so you cant blame it on being pokemonish!

Mercen-X
06-29-2005, 02:26 AM
He means that Knight had no depth to his past or personality.

It was a nice, and very easy RPG that is a great break from some of the other in depth and involved games out there.I'm a fan of the opening music.

RedCydranth
06-29-2005, 06:49 AM
there is a hero...KNIGHT! and its an old game so the graphics are going to be old.........also it was made something like JUST after Pokemon so you cant blame it on being pokemonish!

Yes, yes I can. I can blame as much as I like. Its cheap to take something that made another series flourish and place it in your own game, especially thePokémon / Pokémon Card Game. This is why I disapprove of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Final Fantasy Series in game card collecting. While GC didn't rip off the card game it did rip off the gotta catch em all theme with the toys. So, yeah.. I can blame them all I want and its valid.

As a side note, i do love Pokémon and own most titles in its series, this is where my distate for those ripping it off fuels from. It was an ingenius idea that made a lot of money so naturally everyone els rips them off. It angers me that Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh! capitalized on the success of Pokémon and pokémon TCG. Yes, i'm aware that Digimon came out first in Japan, but it wasn't as successful there as Pokémon was/is and the fact that Pokémon came to the US shore first makes me a fan of that series. In fact they are all branches off of the success of the Tamagotchi, to which my GF and I own over 40, including all of the rarest ones like Devil, Angel, Caveman, Santa etc.. so I'm a true fan of the original. Tamagotchi spawned Digimon which spawned Pokémon which spawned the Pokémon TCG which spawed Yu-Gi-Oh!. As far as I'm concerned Pokémon hit big stateside before any of the games had the monster collecting or card collecting aspects, so in my eyes if theres a series of monsters in which you collect, you are ripping off Pokémon, which might I add is the original one in which you must collect various animals and raise them, not just one, like the Tamagotchis and Digimon..... Back to Guardian's Crusade..LOL

All in all, this game isn't as horrid as I make it out to be, but I just had a distaste for it. I never said it wasn't enjoyable to anyone, i just said I disliked it, and presented reasons as to why I disliked it. I'm allowed to dislike this game, even though it is in my library of RPGs, and am not going to sell it. But I'm like that with every RPG of mine, no matter how bad (I do own 2 copies of Beyond The Beyond as well).

black orb
06-29-2005, 07:05 AM
>>> This was my first 3D/Playstation RPG.
By that time I was all impressed by the 3D graphics and all but the game was boring so I never played it again.

Mercen-X
07-02-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm allowed to dislike this game, even though it is in my library of RPGs, and am not going to sell it.Well, if you won't sell, I'll hire a ninja assassin to steal it from you.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Mercen-X/Magad.jpg
Here's an old mag pic. The people behind "Gamers Republic" are obviously slow-witted.