PDA

View Full Version : Blue Laguna.

Chris
06-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I want to download some tracks from this site but then this hits me:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BY DOWNLOADING THE FOLLOWING ALBUMS YOU AGREE THAT YOU LEGALLY OWN THEM, AND THEREBY ACCEPT ALL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY BY DOWNLOADING THEM. IF YOU IN FACT DO NOT OWN THEM, YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THE WEBMASTER IS NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE AND YOU ARE DOWNLOADING AT YOUR OWN RISK.

What exactly does it mean? Is it free to download or do you have to own the albums before you can download them? :(

Devourment
06-21-2005, 11:35 AM
That must have something to do with the fact of downloading & getting fines.. Perhaps anyway. :clone:

Use LimeWire. :D

Resha
06-21-2005, 11:42 AM
They sound pretty paranoid to me!!! xD

Triple T
06-21-2005, 12:59 PM
You have to own what you're downloading in some way- a CD or something. Like, by downloading a ROM you should own the game, but then it's kinda stupid downloading it. ;-)

Loony BoB
06-21-2005, 01:10 PM
It's basically illegal to download music that you haven't paid for and should pay for. I would imagine that most of the stuff hosted on Blue Laguna is stuff that you should pay for. If you haven't paid for a song (at any location) and you are downloading it, then you are downloading it illegally.

They aren't sounding paranoid, they're being sort of sensible. They really shouldn't be hosting files like that anyway and regardless of what they say in their disclaimer, they're probably going to get shut down eventually if they get found out.

Destai
06-21-2005, 01:15 PM
But why are the MP3 dowloads on this site any different to Blue Lagunas?

Chris
06-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Good point! xD

Loony BoB
06-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Who said they were? :)

Chris
06-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Who said they were? :)
Right! You have a point there. xD

Destai
06-21-2005, 01:22 PM
- -

Social Moon Firesky
06-21-2005, 01:44 PM
OMG! I'm worried now. I've been downloading HEAPS of mp3s, but I only do it 'cos I'm not allowed to buy stuff online, and I can't find the albums anywhere...:cry:

Chris
06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
<s>They will get you Social Moon Firesky</s> you don't have to worry. :D

Loony BoB
06-21-2005, 01:56 PM
What do you mean you can't buy them online? If you can find a place to download it, chances are you can buy it, too. Of course, you'll need a credit card.

I thought everyone knew downloading music without paying is illegal. Oh well.

Social Moon Firesky
<s>They will get you Social Moon Firesky</s> you don't have to worry. :D

Thanks! I feel a lot better now! *Reads scored out bit* HEY! :D Loony BoB: I don't have a credit card, and my parents won't let me use theirs. It sucks. :mad:

Hawkeye
Ive been downloading mp3s for a while and the FBI has only showed up to my house once.

crazybayman
06-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Yes........did you know that the Authorities have a way of tracking the MP3's you download.......and as soon as you download something (because chances are, it is illegal), they call in the MP3 Wraiths, and they come to your doorstep to get you!!!! :eek:

MP3s to Rule Them All.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure most downloading is illegal, but you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Millions of people do it everyday. Its the sites themselves that take the heat if its illegal.

Social Moon Firesky
06-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Whew, I feel better now. All the same, I don't think I'll download any more mp3s...O~O

Loony BoB
06-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes........did you know that the Authorities have a way of tracking the MP3's you download.......and as soon as you download something (because chances are, it is illegal), they call in the MP3 Wraiths, and they come to your doorstep to get you!!!! :eek:

MP3s to Rule Them All.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure most downloading is illegal, but you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Millions of people do it everyday. Its the sites themselves that take the heat if its illegal.
Of course, to think that it would be impossible for you to get caught would be incredibly ignorant (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24088).

Chris
06-21-2005, 02:55 PM
I'll never download anything ever again. :cry:

Ste
06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
That must have something to do with the fact of downloading & getting fines.. Perhaps anyway. :clone:

hear about that woman got fined 500 quid for having limewire, seems a bit harsh, police just turned up at her house apparently.

i do download quite a bit, normally a few songs by small bands, and if i like it ill go and buy the albumn, or live perfomances/b-sides. although occasionally download full albumns from bands i like, happens less though now.

Devourment
06-21-2005, 03:50 PM

hear about that woman got fined 500 quid for having limewire, seems a bit harsh, police just turned up at her house apparently.Which version of LimeWire was it?

Though it probably doesn't make any difference..

Old Manus
06-21-2005, 03:57 PM
EYESONFF.COM

We have recieved word that you have been placing MP3s on your site for illegal download. We have no choice but to make you die a slow, painful death with a kebab skewer. Should you disagree to this order, you are wrong.

Do not try to get out of it by commiting suicide, as we have contacts in both heaven and hell ready to send you back to the real world to be killed.

Regards,
The law

Ultima Shadow
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I've got about 1000+ mp3s and i won't pay for a singel one!!! :spin:

However... about 99% of them are actually legally downloaded. :-/

Chris
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM
MEANIE. :(

crazybayman
06-21-2005, 06:30 PM

MP3s to Rule Them All.

Of course, to think that it would be impossible for you to get caught would be incredibly ignorant (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24088).

Slightly ignorant.....maybe....but not entirely off base. That poor girl must be in the 0.00000001% of people who do download who get caught.

Shoeberto
06-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Honestly, with as mainstream as this site has become, I'm still amazed that we haven't received a cease and desist for hosting the MP3s and ROMs.

disapointedchild
06-22-2005, 09:55 PM
I downloaded liberi fatali from there and still no word from the fbi. And that was about a year ago.

Exact date wednesday july 22 2004.

They will never catch me. :D