PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Heat.....Vincent Valentine's counterpart?

Dante WolfWood
06-21-2005, 09:15 PM
well, I know I'm going out on a stretch on this one but does anyone else see the similarities between these two? I mean, even THEY'RE stories are kinda similar....Anyone else agree?

(oh and Brandon Heat is "beyond the grave" from the anime GunGrave)

KoShiatar
06-21-2005, 09:26 PM
They say there's nothing really new under the sun....I'll take a look at Brandon's story now...

Dante WolfWood
06-21-2005, 10:39 PM
well, if you know brandon's story, lets compare:
both were protectors of a business that ran the country with illegal operations.
both were top notch assassins anf had basicly no emotion
both died trying to protect and save someone
both were umm...."necrolized" and broughgt back to life with special abilities
both have slept after their experiment before being awakened
both have awoken to extrerminate the people who took everything the loved and protected....Harry McDowell and Hojo the scientist.

it goes WAY WAY deeper (and alot more reasons why they are similar) than that but I'm too lazy :p find somewhere on the internet to learn the whole story

KoShiatar
06-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I have looked for it and well, the similarities are rather striking.
I wonder if there was direct inspiration or something like that...

Dante WolfWood
06-23-2005, 01:59 AM
yeah, they are really similar, I do believe the creator of gungrave may have had something to do with FFVII...

if I can find a site showing Heat's story, I'll post it for everyone to view for the people who dont know who he is

-N-
06-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Yeah, but it could be coincidence. Stories and characters are usually archetypal.

Dante WolfWood
06-26-2005, 12:32 AM
yeah, I guess so, I just wish there was some way to find out for sure if the storyboard for FF7 might had been related to gungrave...