PDA

View Full Version : Riovanes Temple Move-Find Item

Acturos
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Hi hi, I was just wondering, how do you get atop the pillars with Move-Find item?

What are your characters, gears, job classes? I've tried Monk/Germinas boots and trried to stack up my jump, but highest I got was jump 5?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance ^^

Khimbar2775
06-22-2005, 01:58 AM
not sure on exact specifics, but you can use a "large monster" as a stepping stone so to speak, such as Worker 8 and Tiamats and such. And ill let a pro tell yuo a little bit more, i havent played in about 3 years...

Acturos
06-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Stepping stone huh? I'll get into it. ^^

But, as for the chance of finding the rare items, besides the normal items, i.e. javelin, Eust *the shiled thing* instead of the Javelin II, and the shield thing II.

I heard, it was the lower your brave/faith is, the lower your chances of finding the rares raises?

RedCydranth
06-22-2005, 02:14 AM
its actually Nelveska temple in which you are at, not Riovanes... Riovanes has a castle. Anyhow you should use Rafa with Move-find item and have her equip a pair of boots that ups jump and stand on a large monster or Worker 8. You'll get the javalin II and Eshcuteon II (sp? i never get it right)

Acturos
06-22-2005, 02:30 AM
Ahh, I get those confused @_@

Thanks for the help ^^
But is the thing about the brave/faith reduced = more chance of finding rare?

Dignified Pauper
06-22-2005, 02:50 AM
the lancer has the ignore height ability... but i think that gets moved in the move-find item slot... there's always the teleportation cloaks.

RedCydranth
06-22-2005, 03:14 AM
the lancer has the ignore height ability... but i think that gets moved in the move-find item slot... there's always the teleportation cloaks.

okay.. No such thing as the teleportation cloaks.. what game are you playing?? And yes, ingnore height wont help because it replaces move find item. The BEST way is make Rafa, who has really low brave, a lancer with Germinas or Spike boots equipped. Enter the battle with Worker 8, who is a great attacker AND a nice boost to have Rafa jump to the top of the pillars. If you don't get both Javelin II and Eschcuteon II, reset as they are really great.

Teleportation cloak.... LOL. The closes thing to that is the Vanish Mantle, but that causes the Transparent status.

Despotus
06-22-2005, 10:16 AM
But is the thing about the brave/faith reduced = more chance of finding rare?
You're right, the chance of finding a rare item is (100-Brave)%. Reduce one or two characters' Brave to around 15 permanently, and you'll have great treasure hunters.

Khimbar2775
06-22-2005, 02:24 PM
really? cause my Ramza had 97 Brave and he found the Materia Blade in Bervania Volcano, was this extremely rare of me???

Acturos
06-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Would that be atop the volcano? I think you're pretty lucky there, cuz I reduced Ramzas Faith/Brave to 15 and i found all the rares on Nelveska temple on one try, yes nagarock, and Sasuke sword.

Now onto the troubles, of stealing the Masumune/Genji armor in Limberry castle from elmdor T__T

Despotus
06-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Yes Khimbar, that was a heckuva longshot! Nice one! ;) You coulda gotten a crappy Phoenix Down. :(

And good luck in Limberry, Acturos. Bring a couple of thieves and have Ramza continually boost their speed with 'Yell'. You'll need a couple of folks with Math Skill too, or at least Time and Yin Yang Magic to give your troops the advantage. I think 'Stop' works on Elmdor (maybe 'Sleep'?), and Celia and Lede are vulnerable to different status effects. B.T.W., Stealing Elmdor's Masamune will not stop his Draw Out skills. :mad:

Acturos
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I found a way to easily steal Elmdors Equips.

Get a Mediator/Oracle *mastered abilities of course* And bring in a chemist in, to you know use hly water, when you are blood sucked.

Use the Mediator/Oracle to Lower down Elmdors Brave, which lowers down his blade Grasp, which gives you higher percentage chance of stealing his equipment. I got up to about 50-60% on stealing all his equipment with Ramza's brave it think was 100?

And of course I was 99, cuz I got bored and decided to level my chars and master all the abilities before quitting the game x]

<3 my genji gear!! 2% chance of enemies hitting me now, yay :D XD forgive me i soundlike a giddy school girl @__@

And about the volcano one, hmm I couldv'e sworn I saw someone say they got the ultima blade on the top of the volcano, instead of materia? anyone wanna clarify? x]

Masamune·1600
06-24-2005, 05:55 AM
To clarify on the matter of the Materia Blade, one's Brave is irrelevant to finding the item, since one will always find the Materia Blade at that location. There is no alternate item. The other Move-Find locations at Bervenia Volcano, however, follow the normal rare/common item rules.

The Materia Blade, when viewed in the menu, bears a superficial resemblance to Cloud's Ultima Weapon in Final Fantasy VII. However, there is no Ultima Weapon or "Ultima Blade" in FFT. It's probable that someone simply confused the games.