PDA

View Full Version : Q's for the international peoples

*iloveme06*
06-21-2005, 11:57 PM
1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country?
2. What is a popular sport there?
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there."
4. The people are ____?
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you?
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country?
7. Who's the most famous celb. there?
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive?
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country?
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country?

Chris
06-22-2005, 12:09 AM
01. I'm not really sure, I don't drink. xD
02. Soccer
03. "Hey, I just live here". It's okay, but it's not Ireland. :love:
04. OMG so weird. O_o
05. No.
06. Yes.
07. Probably... I don't have a clue.
08. 18.
09. Pop/ Dance/ Rock. The usual.
10. Brigitte Nielsen.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-22-2005, 12:11 AM
1: Voting = 18
Drinking = Practically nothing. A 12 year old waving a €5 note would get a drink (and I'm not joking :()
2: Gaelic football / hurling
3: Ireland's nice (and beautiful), but it's a little too unlively for my liking.
4: The people are great craic.
5: Meh. There are worse places.
6: Yes - anyone Eastern-European.
7: U2
8: Not sure. 16 I think.
9: Anything.
10: Yeah, two - Gerry Adams and Ian Paisley.

Cuchulainn
06-22-2005, 12:27 AM
1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18/18
2. What is a popular sport there? gaelic football, hurling, football (or soccer), football being top.
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I love it, despite its many troubles
4. The people are ____? everything you can think of you will find here
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? nope & few here do, it's loved
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Until recently, racism was never an issue, we were too preoccupied fighting eachother to attach minorities, now for some reason, ethnic minorities are getting attacked a lot in Protestant neirbourhoods, to the point where all most are starting to move in the Catholic areas of the West & North of Belfast, it needs to be sorted & quick.
7. Who's the most famous celb. there?umm...not HERE anymore but Kenneth Branagh, Actor. C.S. Lewis, writer. Van Morrison, Singer.
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 17 for cars, 16 for 50cc mopeds/scooters
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country?most popular would be techno/trance/house/rave etc etc then rock then hip hop, my personal choices are the last two
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country?Iain Paisley, Biggoted Protestant politician who's hatred for anything Irisah & Catholic knows no boundaries, then in equal bastardom Mickey McKevett, jailed leader of the RIRA, breakaway IRA ground which didn't want the ceasefire & continued to fight & Johnny Adair, the fat twatish Loyalist who is actually no longer here but in England because he fled the country after a hit was put on him

LE FIN

radyk05
06-22-2005, 12:50 AM
edit: i forgot to mention i'm aswering about Puerto Rico

1. 18 for both but almost every drinker started with no problem at 16 and the politics down here are so corrupted that sometimes 16 will do for voting (you know, a guy wanting his party to win and letting a kid go to vote).
2. The three major sports here are, in no particular order, baseball, basketball and boxing.
3. I absolutely love my country.
4. Exagerated.
5. Haha! Puerto Rico is the only country (or should i say colony...) in the word that about 40% of the population want it to be state 51, 57% would like to keep sucking money from the states (meaning they love the states too) and about 3% that want it to be a republic. Im form the 3% but I don't hate the states, just their leaders.
6. Let me put it this way: my grandmother is morena (lighter than black, darker than white) and she doesn't like too much the black (yes, i said black, thats the color they are and it is not an issue here) too much.
7. Whoever is famous in hollywood, the news casts and bunch of other people (when you're famous most of the people just want to know something about you... well, everything). being a celebrity here is kindda the highier you can get.
8. 16
9. God forsaken reggueton. just imagine rap but a LOT LOT worse. i mean, i like rap but when it is done the proper way, not just singing about how much money you have and how much ladies like you.
10. in my town that would be "el meon", "el hijo del meon" (el meon got an idiot son) and "juan galalu"

Mittopotahis
06-22-2005, 12:55 AM
This is Australia
1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18
2. What is a popular sport there? Footy! Or Criket!
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I love Australia.
4. The people are all drunk :p
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? No...
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? yes, against the Aboriginies
7. Who's the most famous celb. there? from Aus? Nicole Kidman probably.
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? you can get your P at 16 and 9 months.
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Rock, Pop, and all that Rap stuff....ugh...
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Yeah, John Howard (the Prime Minister)

Rye
06-22-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm from the USA, but I wanna fill this out anyways.

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 21
2. What is a popular sport there? Baseball
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I really don't love America, but I love New York. New York City specifically.
4. The people are ____? Um, like most people?
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? I won't comment on that, but rather, I'll say it's idiotic to hate a country.
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Nope. <--- EDIT: What I mean is, I was never a victim to racism. This country has racism, which is very unfortunate, like every country does.
7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Oh, we have many.
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 16 for a driver's permit, 17 to drive alone.
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Rap I guess. :/
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Many, like all countries.

Mittopotahis
06-22-2005, 01:06 AM
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Nope. I cant believe you just said that. :eek:

Rye
06-22-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm confused with what the question meant. This country has racism, unfortunatly, but I'm not victim to it. *fixes my answer* There! :)

Mittopotahis
06-22-2005, 01:10 AM
Because the questions were about your Country, not you, I thought the question would have meant "Has your country ever had to deal with racism?" Not you as an individual. I'm not gonna point fingers, because we are prpetty horrible too, but some of the things I have seen...I can't sleep...

Levian
06-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Norway

2. What is a popular sport there? Soccer, by far.
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." A mix, there's no reason to hate it.
4. The people are ____? Not outgoing. They're pretty stiff and keep to themselves. This is not the case in the younger generations though.
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Why would I hate the entire America? Or are you just talking about the US? 'cus if you are just talking about the US, then that's one of the reasons why I dislike it. Stop calling yourselves America.
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yes, it's still a big problem here.
7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Royal family and soccer players.
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? With someone who has the licence; 16. Without anyone else; 18.
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Amongst the younger generation; Hip Hop and R'n'B, sadly. Rock is pretty popular in the north though.
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Yes

Madame Adequate
06-22-2005, 01:15 AM
1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18 and 18
2. What is a popular sport there? Soccer, Cricket, Tennis, Rugby
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." No, I just live here. It's not bad, but it's nothing special either. Mainly because of...
4. The people are ____? ... lackwits who value stupidty and who make the KKK look tolerant and loving of 'other folks'.
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Not in the slightest.
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yes, mainly because a lot of white folks are racist, so it causes understandable resentment and mistrust
7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Hrmmm... couldn't honestly say any one person is, but it's likely a fair few people from the US rival our own people
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 17
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Same as the US, but less country.
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? No, there are occasional 'village smart peoples' however.

Rusty
06-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Australia -

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18 years of age.
2. What is a popular sport there? Australian Rules Football and Cricket.
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I love my country :)
4. The people are ____? Really friendly and laid back. It a 'no worries' thing.
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Not really. I just think the country has a lot of issues that need to be worked out. As we all do.
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? There is racism in every country. But no, haven't personally been a victim of racism.
7. Who's the most famous celb. there? At the moment it I would have to say it would be Kylie Minogue. She's always been an Australian icon - but the media's focusing even more on her because of her breast cancer at the moment.
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? You can get your 'L Plates' at 16 but to go for your license I think it's either 17 or 18.
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Depends on what people are listening to at the moment. All sorts of music is popular. But we all like to support the Australian music industry - so Australian musicians get focused on alot.
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Yes.

Destai
06-22-2005, 03:15 AM
Ireland

2. What is a popular sport there? Soccer

3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there.", Hey I just live there but nobody insults it except me and other Irish people

4. The people are ? usually friendly. Some are moody. They're all the same when theyre drunk.

5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? I dont hate America. But Bush and theyre "your either with us or against us" opinions are irritating.

6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? I personally havent and theres not a particular problem with ti over here but there is the occasional bad opinion of a foreigner like any other county. People do generally have a problem with travllers and the travelling community as you'll often here of them causing trouble and being rough and occasionally dangerous. Theres always been trouble in the north which belongs to England between catholics and Protestants.

7. Who's the most famous celeb. there? "In" the country or "from" the country? Id say Colin Farrel if its from and if its in then you probably havent heard of them.

8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 18 me thinks :confused:

9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Younger people like pop and R&B. Older people like Irish music and old songs (go figure)

10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? No one in particular, Theres an idiot village in my town though. People from the estate "Childers" are seen as rough and troublesome and people who live in caravans and travel around the country (knackers) are viewed as trouble.

tomamar04
06-22-2005, 07:02 AM
4. The people are ____?

England

1. 18
2. Football aka Soccer
3. I love England
4. Friendly
5. I don't hate America, but I find them patronising, and they love themselves
6. No
7. The Royals or David Beckham
8. 17
9. Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Crazy Frog
10. Anyone who was on celbrity wrestling.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-22-2005, 07:28 AM
This is Australia

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country?18

2. What is a popular sport there? Footy (whatever form)...Overall sport is pretty big here!

3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I Love it here!

4. The people are ____? Laid back

5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? No, i got no beef, i havent been there!

6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yeah when i was smaller but its definately died down (for me) these days!

7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Delta, Kylie, And with their upcomming movies Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise!

8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 16 for "L"' u need to have 50 hours of driving experience and be on your Ls for atleast 6 months and then u can go for your P's!

9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Its diverse here!

10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Yeah lol

Devourment
06-22-2005, 09:12 AM
1. What is the drinking / voting age in your country?

1A. 18

2A. Football :rolleyes2

3A. To an extent I love my country.

4. The people are ____?

4A. Self obsessed, pedantic, warped, arrogant...

5A. Again, not entirely - To an extent.

6A. Yes.. Try the BNP :rolleyes2

7A. Wha?

8A. 17

9A. There are all different kinds of music that're popular in the U.K.

10A. There'd have to be more than one wouldn't there..
There's a 'Country idiot', his name goes by Tony Bliar ... Blair.

o_O
06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Aha. New Zealand.

18 and 18.
Rugby.
I love it. I'll never move.
4. The people are ____?
Maori, Pakeha (European), Asian.
Our Prime Minister got us into a bit of strife with them, when she refused to help in the 'war on terrorism'. Good on her.
Not really. There are a few bigots, who talk about the 'Asian invasion', but nobody takes them seriously.
Earnest Rutherford.
Horrible music. Like, R'n'B, rap, that kind of rubbish.
John Tamihere, Brian Tamaki.

King~Philip
06-22-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm From The Philippines! ~_^

1. 18!!!
2. Basketball!!! ^_^
3. Yup i love it!..why?...dunno cuz' we're different hahaha
4. Weird / Dark / white / we come in all shapes and sizes
5. Nope~ cuz' our country are in alliance with the U.S >_<
6. ...dunno
7. Brad Pitt?!?! ...i'd rather pick Triple H Even if he's not a celebrity
8. 16 ^__^
9. R & B , Pop , Rap!!!
10. ...61% of our country are Stupid idiots, Autistic people ..and mostly Stuborn!!! ........but i still love my country that way ...cuz' i feel im always the smartest one :angel:

Chris
06-22-2005, 05:05 PM

1. 18!!!
2. Basketball!!! ^_^
6. ...dunno
8. 16 ^__^
9. R & B , Pop , Rap!!!
10. ...61% of our country are Stupid idiots, Autistic people ..and mostly Stuborn!!! ........but i still love my country that way ...cuz' i feel im always the smartest one :angel:

I'm Pilipino too, and I strongly disagree with your list. ;)

King~Philip
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM

1. 18!!!
2. Basketball!!! ^_^
6. ...dunno
8. 16 ^__^
9. R & B , Pop , Rap!!!

I'm Pilipino too, and I strongly disagree with your list. ;)

Hehe^^ ok i guess i made it a little to exage..but its an international forum they wont care ~_^

Pilipino k b tlga nag raragna ka???

Zeldy
06-22-2005, 05:10 PM
1) 18 i think =/
2) Where i live, Rugby
3) I do! :<3:
4) Okies
5) Yesh ;)
6) Probably
7) Johhny Vegas (he comes from here :love: )
8) 17
9) *sigh* Pop..
10) Not really..

:love: St Helens rocks my socks :love:

Chris
06-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Pilipino k b tlga nag raragna ka???

Yes, but I do not live there. I'm from Panay.

King~Philip
06-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes, but I do not live there. I'm from Panay.

...ow BTW >_<...i live in Panay Ave. hahaha really im not joking...its um coincidential hehe

Jess
06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Voting: 18
Drinking: 18, however it doesn't seem it. My friend who is 15, can walk into Tesco's and get served, and he doesn't even look 18.

Football

I would love it if we had hot weather all the time, instead of rain.

4. The people are ____?
A mixture. There are some lovely people here in England, however I've met a few dicks too, but I guess thats the same everywhere.

I don't hate America, I think most of the people are lovely, just I dislike the president, as our Prime minister follows him like a sheep.

I know it is an issue is some areas, but its definately not an issue where I'm situated, my boyfriend is black and I'm white and I haven't witnessed/been told about anybody being racist towards him.

As tomamar said, The royal family or David Beckham. Personally I think both are nothing special.

16, for a moped. 17 for cars. (Yay, Next Year. :D)

I would say a bit of everything, but at the moment emo seems a bit to 'scene' for my liking. :rolleyes2 Other than that, I think RnB and such are pretty popular. My own personal taste in music, is a bit of everything though, excluding pop.

Yes.

Madame Adequate
06-22-2005, 05:51 PM
I don't hate America, I think most of the people are lovely, just I dislike the president, as our Prime minister follows him like a sheep.

K, not to be pedantic, but surely this would be grounds for objecting to Blair, not Bush? I mean, there are reasons to take issue with Bush (Though for me most of these are domestic issues.), but the fact that Blair is following him is surely Blair's failure rather than Bush's?

Jess
06-22-2005, 06:00 PM

K, not to be pedantic, but surely this would be grounds for objecting to Blair, not Bush? I mean, there are reasons to take issue with Bush (Though for me most of these are domestic issues.), but the fact that Blair is following him is surely Blair's failure rather than Bush's?

Yeah, I know it is Blair's failure, and I dislike him also, but I was just stating that the only thing about America I dislike is Bush. :p

BabyVixen
06-22-2005, 11:11 PM
2. What is a popular sport there? Football aka soccer
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." No
4. The people are ____? Pathetic chavs who think they're all 'ard yeah mate! 8-|
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Only the assholes, the KKK and Bush
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yes
7. Who's the most famous celb. there? 50 Cent to the youth, Michael Jackson to adults and the Beckhams and Charlotte Church to everyone
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 17
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Pop (Girls Aloud) and urban (50 Cent and Mario)
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Every contestant in Big Bother

Big D
06-23-2005, 01:43 AM
1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country?18/18

2. What is a popular sport there?Rugby, cricket

3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there."Yeah, I'm pretty fond of it.
4. The people are ____?Varied.
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you?No, like most of the world we just disagree with many of our old ally's policies and actions. This is often misconstrued as 'hatred'.
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country?There's a significant amound of racial tension here, but it's never involved me personally.
7. Who's the most famous celb. there?The most famous celebrity from here... probably Peter Jackson, at the moment.

8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive?You can get your learner's license at 15.

9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country?Generic pop trash.

10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country?Paul Holmes:love:

Breine
06-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Denmark

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? You're allowed to vote when your 18, and that is also when you're allowed to go to discos etc. Although, you're allowed to buy alcohol in stores when you're 15.

2. What is a popular sport there? Soccer and Handball.

3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I don't know. It changes from time to time, but I'm glad that I'm European (no offense)

4. The people are ____? Friendly (for the most part), sarcastic (when it comes to humour), and generally humorous.

5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? No, I don't hate the US, but as said before I'm glad I'm European.

6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yes, unfortunately.

7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Probably H.C. Andersen although he is dead.

8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 18 years old.

9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Rock is very popular.

10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? If the phrase "village idiot" means a weirdo, then yes.

Skogs
06-24-2005, 01:19 PM
I'll do it for Australia

2. What is a popular sport there? Australian Rules Football, Cricket, Rugby League, Rugby Union
3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I love the city, I love the environment. I don't really care for our government, and I dislike the petty conservatism that is pretty rampant.
4. The people are ____? ...Australian?
5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Ambivalent at best.
6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yes.
7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Toss-up between Kylie Minogue and Shane Warne
8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? Depends on the state. In Victoria: 18 for a probationary license, 21 for a full license
9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Rock, alternative, pop
10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Our Prime Minister

Madame Adequate
06-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I know it is Blair's failure, and I dislike him also, but I was just stating that the only thing about America I dislike is Bush. :p

Ah, is fair enough. That's a far more reasonable view than many people hold. Sorry for the pedantry xD

ZuZu
06-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Finland

1. 18
2. Many popular sports. Hockey, football, formula 1....etc.
3. I love my country :love:
4. The people are friendly (ja kännikaloja) :D
5. I have hate/love relationship.
6. No.
7. Um...so many, maybe I have to say Tarja Turunen, Ville Valo or Lauri Ylönen
8. 18
9. Again, too many...jazz, rock, pop...
10. Matti Nykänen

Zante
06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
I live in Slovakia

Oficialy 18
Ice Hockey (If you are not a fan, you can as good as stay home all the time once the season starts :mad2: )
The "Hey, I just live there" thingy.
4. The people are ____?
Like anywhere else, I gues.
Nope, I just don't like how some thing are there.
Not personaly, although there are some problems with a group of people whose english name I dont know, as some of them are making a bad name for the rest of em.
The politicians
18 for a car, 16 (or 17?) for a small motorbike
Whatewer it is that System of a Down play
I have no idea what you are talking about. :confused:

Markus. D
06-24-2005, 02:31 PM
1. 18 years old
2. footy GO THE BLUES AND THE ALL BLACKS
3. Its not as good as new zealand... but australia is okay.
4. The people are Skanks, Surfies, Gangster wannabes, friends and me
5. for the moment yes, YOU GET AC 3 MONTHS BEFORE AUS
6. yes, ours and other countries prejudices and stereotypes (kangaroos for example)
7. Is tom cruise an aussie, probably nicole smith.
8. 16 for learners or something like that.
9. Rap, Hip Hop, Punk, Rock, Techno, Trance and the other ones.
10. no villages, just towns and cities.

Mittopotahis
06-24-2005, 02:36 PM
(kangaroos for example)
What's that got to do with racism?

War Angel
06-24-2005, 03:21 PM
4. The people are ____?
1. Legally, it's 18 for drinking (but even a 14 year-old could buy booze), and 18 for voting.
2. Err, football (REAL football), and basketball, I guess.
3. I love it, sincerely and dearly.
4. Fierce.
5. Not at all, on the contrary.
6. A lot of ethnic strife (or strife in general), but little racism.
7. I dunno, there're a few.
8. 17 for being allowed to drive, with a license (you can learn from the age of 16).
9. Any kind, really. It's pretty diverse.
10. Umm... I suppose there is.

KoShiatar
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
18 for voting. For drinking, it should be 16. Most people I know (possibly including myself, I cannot remember) have already started by that age, though.

Calcio. Soccer.

It randomly variates. There are things I love and things and attitudes I hate.

4. The people are ____?
Uh, well. I'd say open (which does not necessarily mean open-minded...), stubborn, warm (most of them), noisy (in a positive sense )and, uh...well. There are a lot of different attitudes around, actually.

Personally I don't. People over here more than hating America hate some american people and attitudes (like George W. Bush and the supposed "We're the masters of the world" attitude that many people blame on America.)

6. Have you everhad to deal with racism in your country?
A lot of times. Racism is still strong here.

What's a celb.? If it's a celebration, well, I wouldn't know. There are things like the 4th of July, but they are much less felt by common people.

Pop music, expecially if sung by Italian singers. Duh.

A public figure everyone mocks? Pretty much every politician. The more powerful, the worst they're treated by thos who don't like them. By the way, what Silvio Berlusconi says often offends my intelligence.