PDA

View Full Version : CT: Lavos/LV?

Reign
06-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Okay. I'm struggling to beat Lavos but should get it eventually, so while I'm waiting, I gotta ask. What level were the characters (of your own choice) on when you had defeated Lavos (or if you defeated Lavos?)

Poopcannon
06-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Ah ha ha, well they were higher than yours! I told you to level up first (or was that Aonghus?)

Reign
06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Eh well I'm just curious is all. I'd hammer Lavos any day. I'm just to lazy is all..... :riiight:

Super Christ
06-22-2005, 01:55 AM
If, at any point in the game, you have to take time out to specifically level up, there's something wrong.

I can't remember for sure what level my characters were when I last beat the game without using New Game+, but I'm pretty sure it was in the mid-forties.

Destai
06-22-2005, 02:59 AM
I had Chrono Marle and Lucca at lvl 50 or slightly above.

theundeadhero
06-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Can't quite remember the levels but I used Frog, Ayla, and either Crono or Magus.

Crono/Magus uses Luminaire/"Magus's tech.
Frog and Ayla can double tech to heal or double tech to do a lot of damage.

Destroy the central guy first then go for the little pod guy on the left after the defense mechanism gets shut off. You shouldn't have to kill the middle guy more than twice if your timing is good.

Khimbar2775
06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Actually all you need to do is kill the left pod cause it has like only 2000 hp and go for the right. once you kill the right, all three die with it. The only reason youd kill the middle one is either AOE moves like Luminaire or Dartk Matter, or if you want to stop taking big damage... My team was Crono Marle and Frog. Crono Confused the left bitwhile Marle and Frog attacked normally. It died. Usually I do Arc Impulse for like 3800 damange or Crono Luminared the crap out of everything while Marle and Frog used Double Cure. they were about 47 or 48, somewhere aroud there.

Smarty_Arty
06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
When I battled Lavos Core the first time my characters (Chrono,Ayla or whatever her name was and Lucca) were somewhere between 30-50 I don't really remember since it was 3 years ago you just need to kill the Left or was it the right pod oh who cares? Kill both of them I hope your Chrono has Rainbow Edge it owns.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-22-2005, 04:01 PM
The middle one lets off some nasty counterattacks when you attack the right one, which is why you should kill it first.

theundeadhero
06-22-2005, 05:29 PM
When I say left I mean looking at the screen left and NOT the actual characters left.

squareSOFT
06-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Crono, Marle and Magus and any level above 45 should be sufficient to take them down without too much trouble.

Hexarar
06-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Crono, Magus and Ayla. All were around 45, if I remember correctly. I just Luminaired, Dark Mattered and whatchamacallitted (guess it's cat bite or something, anyway, the strongest single tech Ayla knows in that level) him/her/it. Who needs triple techs anyway?

Sefie1999AD
06-26-2005, 02:18 PM
During my first game, I was on level 50-55 when I beat Lavos, and I think I was using Crono, Lucca and Robo. During my second game, I was on level 55-60 and used Magus, Lucca and Robo when I first beat Lavos. Later I reloaded that game and went to level up in Black Omen for 15-20 hours until I got everyone to level ** (99). Then I went to breeze through Lavos again.

With Crono/Lucca/Robo, I used Luminaire, Flare and Shock as full-screen attacks, and Confuse and Uzzi Punch when I had to hit the left Lavos bit. I healed with Robo's Heal Beam. Sometimes I also use Double Bomb to hurt the right Lavos bit if Robo's on the right.

With Magus/Lucca/Robo, I start the battle by casting Protect and Magic Wall on everyone. Robo heals with Heal Beam if needed, but otherwise they attack. Magus casts Dark Matter, Lucca casts Flare and Robo casts Shock. When attacking the left Lavos bit, Robo uses Uzzi punch and the others attack physically. When I was on level **, I don't even bother much with tactics. First I kill the left Bit with Uzzi Punch, and then I keep using Omega Flare triple tech until everything is destroyed. Ayla is also fun to use on level ** with a counter-attack accessory since she'll be doing 9999 damage whenever she gets a critical hit.

Chibi-Koneko
06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
O.k., can someone help me with something. I am on the second battle of the Final battle inside of Lavos and I can't bet him. I'm all leveled up and have all the best weapons on all of my characters. Can someone tell me a way to beat him.

edczxcvbnm
06-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I can't remember. All I know is that my characters are all at level ** now.

theundeadhero
06-28-2005, 06:18 AM
The second form can change depending on which way you got to Lavos. Is it the robot with the big hands or the guy after that with the pods?

Chibi-Koneko
06-28-2005, 08:58 PM
with pods.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
First kill the left pod; should take one or two turns. Then kill the big dork in the middle, which takes a little more work. When the right pod turns off its defense, attack it like crazy. The left pod and the dork will occassionally be resurrected; they can be annoying, so keep killing them. The battle ends when the right pod dies.

CloudDragon
06-29-2005, 02:26 AM
Level 52.

Chibi-Koneko
06-29-2005, 03:27 PM
First kill the left pod; should take one or two turns. Then kill the big dork in the middle, which takes a little more work. When the right pod turns off its defense, attack it like crazy. The left pod and the dork will occassionally be resurrected; they can be annoying, so keep killing them. The battle ends when the right pod dies.

o.k. I'll try it.

Aphelion
06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, my characters were around 48-49. I used Crono, Frog and Magus. Crono attacked with Luminaire, Magus with Dark Matter (that's the name, right?) and Frog as my healer and sometimes attacking. It was pretty easy, by the way.

KuRt
07-05-2005, 05:42 PM
My chars were somewhere around 50 and I used Chrono, Marle and Lucca because they have the strongest combination move.