PDA

View Full Version : Yuna's Eyes

Quadricode
06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Here is the picture. I linked it for the sake of size, and so 56k'ers don't bash me. (http://home.comcast.net/~quadricode/t.JPG)

Um?? Error or what. I found it in a video of mine, and took a snapshot. Do you think the compression took away the green? I don't think so, I don't know.

Linkin69
06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
eyyy rite u r, rite u r, its funny wotcha notice wen u look lol i neva picked up on dat.
good spottin.

Big D
06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
She's always had one blue and one green eye.

Linkin69
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
yes big D well dun.
mind explainin wot ur point is

Big D
06-22-2005, 10:56 AM
My point is that, if an image shows her with eyes of the same colour, then there's got to be some kind of error. In this case, I'd say it's because of the superimposed image of Tidus. A filter effect, changing the apparent colour of her eye.

Linkin69
06-22-2005, 11:13 AM
u shood hav just that, the fact that yuna has one green n one blue is well known, no need to re staight this fact

Lover of Kh
06-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Wow! You guys are just now noticing that Yuna's are are two different colors! :eek: But, than again I shouldn't be to surprised since my auntie recently just noticed Rikku's eyes has swirls in them! :D

blitzking99
06-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Here is the picture. I linked it for the sake of size, and so 56k'ers don't bash me. (http://home.comcast.net/~quadricode/t.JPG)

Um?? Error or what. I found it in a video of mine, and took a snapshot. Do you think the compression took away the green? I don't think so, I don't know.
Yeah I guess. You can't even tell that she has a green eye.

Khaotic
06-22-2005, 08:50 PM
her reflection in her eyes (I believe the clouds, which are blue/white, and so are her eyes), not an error.

TurkSlayer
06-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Does no one know why she has blue and green eyes? Its because she's half Al-Bhed. All Al-Bheds have green eyes, but since she not a full Al-Bhed she has one green eye.

rubah
06-23-2005, 12:09 AM
It's probably just the picture, because why would they make a special render for a split second that was different?

Big D
06-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Wow! You guys are just now noticing that Yuna's are are two different colors! :eek: But, than again I shouldn't be to surprised since my auntie recently just noticed Rikku's eyes has swirls in them! :DWe already knew about the different colours, that's common knowledge...Does no one know why she has blue and green eyes? Its because she's half Al-Bhed. All Al-Bheds have green eyes, but since she not a full Al-Bhed she has one green eye.It sometimes happens through pure coincidence as well... but in this case, the Al Bhed heritage was likely an influence. her reflection in her eyes (I believe the clouds, which are blue/white, and so are her eyes), not an error.It's probably just the picture, because why would they make a special render for a split second that was different?Absolutely. There's a lot of overlapping light and colour in that pic, so any 'errors' are likely just a side-effect of that.

TurkSlayer
06-23-2005, 01:55 AM
It sometimes happens through pure coincidence as well...

Well yes, for people like David Bowie (Unless he's an alien like they say), but I'm pretty positive its the Al-Bhed heritage.

Squall of SeeD
06-23-2005, 03:33 AM
It was certainly a result of the Al Bhed DNA mixing with the Bevellian DNA. Heterochromia Iridium (having two differently coloured eyes) happens most often when distant genetic lines are mixed. Considering that the Bevellians and Al Bhed had been pretty seperate for about 1000 years, that would be our explanation.

As for this "error" in-game, it's the overlapping of various light. There's no error.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
06-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Wow! You guys are just now noticing that Yuna's are are two different colors! :eek: But, than again I shouldn't be to surprised since my auntie recently just noticed Rikku's eyes has swirls in them! :D

I never actually noticed that until an NPC told me that Al Bhed have green eyes with a swirl...

Big D
06-23-2005, 03:22 PM
That's why Auron's so keen to look into Rikku's eyes when the party first encounters her. He immediately spots that she's Al Bhed, while simultaneously providing ammunition for the perverted souls who write Aurikku fanfics:D

Lover of Kh
06-23-2005, 06:41 PM
OK! To put an end to this mystery, here's the reason why Yuna has two different color eyes! Yuna's father, Braska, has blue eyes and Yuna's mother was an Al Bhed, who was Cid's sister. So that is what makes Yuna half Al Bhed. And therefore, the reason why she has one green eye and one blue. And so another mystery doesn't start Yuna and Rikku are cousins , which also proves that Yuna is half Al Bhed! :D Do you guys now understand why Yuna has two different colored eyes?

lulusgirl
06-23-2005, 09:31 PM
DUDE ! ! ! ! ! !
THAT'S WHACK ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Odaisé Gaelach
06-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Does no one know why she has blue and green eyes? Its because she's half Al-Bhed. All Al-Bheds have green eyes, but since she not a full Al-Bhed she has one green eye.

This is something that I'm not sure about. As far as I know (not far I know) normally the dominant gene determines the eye colour. So if the dominant gene came from your father you would inherit your father's eye colour.
With Yuna there was probably a genetic mutation, the chromosones got muddled around and she was left with two different eye colours.

TurkSlayer
06-23-2005, 11:44 PM

This is something that I'm not sure about. As far as I know (not far I know) normally the dominant gene determines the eye colour. So if the dominant gene came from your father you would inherit your father's eye colour.
With Yuna there was probably a genetic mutation, the chromosones got muddled around and she was left with two different eye colours.

I understand, but that is the case in this game, as many people have already stated.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Sorry, what I meant was that just because she was half-Al Bhed doesn't mean that she automatically has one green eye. It was down to the genetic mutation as well.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer before.

zoti
06-24-2005, 12:18 AM
green & yellow = blue or something.. yeah something like that....im out XD

Big D
06-24-2005, 02:22 AM
Sorry, what I meant was that just because she was half-Al Bhed doesn't mean that she automatically has one green eye. It was down to the genetic mutation as well.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer before.Al Bhed have significantly different eyes, genetically speaking, since they have that distinctive swirl-patterned iris. Or is it a spiral-shaped pupil?
Anyway, since Al Bhed eyes are radically different to 'regular' human eyes, I'd say it's more likely that a hybridisation would result in differing colours. More likely than in our world, anyway.

Orcan Fang
06-24-2005, 03:38 AM
newsflash yu stupid peeps!!! female albhed got green eyes . male albhed gots blue. as sumone said , genetic mutation.

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2005, 03:47 AM
I that were the case, all Al Bhed would have one blue eye and one green eye. The case is that Yuna's father was NOT an Al Bhed. copy paste duh.

BackRoomKid
06-24-2005, 06:30 AM
anyone ever learn about light defraction in a physics class or something? well...to me it's crap but that's all it is

Lover of Kh
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
newsflash yu stupid peeps!!! female albhed got green eyes . male albhed gots blue. as sumone said , genetic mutation.

Ok that's where your wrong! Rin is a male Al Bhed and HE has green eyes! I don't know who told you that male Al bheds have blue eyes, but they are wrong! Just want to clear that up! :D

rubah
06-24-2005, 09:45 PM
<3aurikku ;)

And their pupils are spiraled, because rikku's irises are green.

Big D
06-25-2005, 07:13 AM
Ah. I wasn't sure if it was a spiral pupil, or just a black spiral through their green irises. Thanks for the confirmation:)

I'm pretty sure all Al Bhed eyes - both male and female - are some shade of green.

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2005, 07:32 AM
It's a complete spiral throughout.

Its easiest to see in this pic.

tootncartman
06-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Well whatever it was,it never stopped Tidus

Chibi-Koneko
06-26-2005, 09:39 PM

It could be a mutation. but could it also be codominance..

Rana
06-27-2005, 02:23 AM

Um?? Error or what. I found it in a video of mine, and took a snapshot. Do you think the compression took away the green? I don't think so, I don't know.nice

Yeah I guess. You can't even tell that she has a green eye.
Your right!!!! :eek:
Rana: Please do not double post. Use the edit/delete button. ~ Leeza

Faith Chama
07-02-2005, 05:07 AM
God Dammit!!!
First off: Her right eye is the green one not the lift!
Second off: look at her right eye!
Wakka's blue bandanna is behind Yuna's green transparent eye! :rolleyes2

lilman2907
07-11-2005, 06:34 AM
Hello people....................am I the only one that sees that yuna still has one green and one blue eye in the picture?!?!?

liamo
07-11-2005, 09:02 AM
am i the only on who thinks that this has got outta hand?

Lover of Kh
07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
am i the only on who thinks that this has got outta hand?
You are not alone, trust me! :D Lol.

Rhi
07-11-2005, 06:28 PM
awwwwwww dont be such party poopers this is really interesting

Lover of Kh
07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
awwwwwww dont be such party poopers this is really interesting
I agree with my cousin! (I call you my cousin because of our avatars!) :D

Phoenix127
07-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Hmm, you know. I obviously realised about the colour of Yuna's eyes but I didn't know that the reason one eye was Green was because of her being part Al Bhed. I mean, I kenw about Rikkus eyes as well but I assumed that it was only the Swirls that relate to her race and not the colour. I thought that some Al Bhed's may have blue swirly eyes, you know?

Holy_Aeris
07-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I always thought that the reason why one of Yuna's eyes was green is cause she's half Al Bhed.

TurkSlayer
07-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I always thought that the reason why one of Yuna's eyes was green is cause she's half Al Bhed.

That is the reason...

Rhi
07-16-2005, 08:12 PM
yea!!!!!!!! okay, problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!