PDA

View Full Version : Would it be cool if they remade FF5?

Burtuc
06-22-2005, 09:11 AM
From how I see it they could do 2 things. 1:They could give it some cool 3D graphics and More side quests. or 2: They could enhance the graphics to be like say FF! on origins and Give it SUPER more side quests.....What do you guys think?

ThroneofDravaris
06-22-2005, 03:11 PM
No, no it would not.

I'll let someone else come up with reasons.

Dreddz
06-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I think a remake is pointless, but if they do, they would probably screw it up

Shin Gouken
06-22-2005, 08:34 PM
their have been some good remakes of games (metroid zero mission is awesome) but yis they probly would screw it up

Slade
06-23-2005, 06:21 AM
No, no it would not.

I'll let someone else come up with reasons.

I hate remakes........theres the reason

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 06:24 AM
I think a remake is pointless, but if they do, they would probably screw it up

I agree besides even though ff5 had a great job systum it lacked in a few other areas, still not a bad game but I dont think they will spend the time and effort to remake it.

eestlinc
06-23-2005, 06:37 AM
nothing could be as good as FF!

Artichao
06-23-2005, 05:07 PM
I think they should first worry about releasing FFIII state-side before trying to remake any FF game.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Agreed - FF3j is still the only game that has yet to be offically imported.

As for 5, I don't really see the point. The only time I really care about graphics is from a storyline point of view; for instance, I enjoy seeing the realistic expressions on the faces of characters during "storyplay" moments, not really gameplay moments. Since FF5 is not really a great game for its story (which is pretty lacking when it comes right down to it) but for its awesome gameplay and job strategizing, I don't see how simple better graphics could enhance the game any further. Plus, if everything is remade FF10 style, what's going to happen to all those cute little sprites?

eestlinc
06-24-2005, 12:23 AM
they could add some FMV scenes of Faris changing in the ship graveyard

Magnus2501
06-24-2005, 04:57 AM
I don't remember her changing. At the most I think she only got groped while Bartz and Galuf tried to get her shirt off.

As for remakes, would doing something with FFX-2 level graphics make the game multi-disc because of it's length? Er.... whatever I'm not sure about how much can be crammed onto one disc.

And with remakes now they'd probably consider putting voices in, which could be the death of it.

ScottNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 11:20 AM
I don't remember her changing. At the most I think she only got groped while Bartz and Galuf tried to get her shirt off.

As for remakes, would doing something with FFX-2 level graphics make the game multi-disc because of it's length? Er.... whatever I'm not sure about how much can be crammed onto one disc.

And with remakes now they'd probably consider putting voices in, which could be the death of it.

I would have thought FFX-2 would have MUCH more disk space than a remake of FFV. :confused: :confused: :confused:

boys from the dwarf
06-24-2005, 06:43 PM
i like ff5 how it is and the graphics are great but remakes may screw or may be good so i say yes make them but this is an idea ive had.all of the rumors about FF games on
final fantsy:OSG.com should be but in a remake an then that would be cool.

Del Murder
06-25-2005, 07:58 AM
It would be cool to see some updated graphics, but otherwise I think it is fine the way it is.

crashNUMBERS
07-11-2005, 05:06 PM
With the origin graphics it'd look bassically the same and it would kinda suck to have 3D. It would ruin the old school FF image. In my oppinion at least. Im going with the second request though all it's gonna be is the same game with more side quest's. I say this because this game has already been remade and the graphics similar to origins...

Buster Sword Strike
07-11-2005, 09:02 PM
The only successful remake was REmake (http://www.residentevilfan.com/re1rem/). Out of every game that has been remade, this was the only one worth the extra effort.

By remake I am reffering to new extras, updated graphics, changed parts of the main story.

abrojtm
07-11-2005, 10:11 PM
I'd say Sword of Mana was a good remake of FFA, but I miss chocobot.

As for FF5 remake, it will probably happen in the not too distant future (five or so yearsish).

Crossblades
07-11-2005, 11:02 PM
A remake would work if they just make the graphics 3D and add more FMV scenes.

Hmmmm

I think all FFs(1 through 6) should be remade this way

Chris
07-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I love FF5 so YES. BUT DON'T RUIN IT, OR I'LL KILL YOU ENIX! :D ?

Levian
07-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Well, it's not like they would be able to ruin the dialogue and storyline. :p It'd take a whole lot to that since the level is already low. The only thing they could mess up is the great battle system.

Shin Gouken
07-12-2005, 11:51 AM
yes they should leave the battle system how it is. adding graphics would be good but they should leave it 2-D. they could add a few side quests or something though, because i would just carry on playing the original if all they changed was the graphics

Christmas
07-12-2005, 12:17 PM
It already have been remake. When? why it is FFX-2. :p

Just try to picture, Yuna as Lenna, Rikku as Cara and Paine as Faris. FFX-2 had the same but improved job system as FFV and have better enchanced graphics and even a NEW storyline. So treat playing X-2 like FF V remake. :D

Where Butz? Why I alway thought the game will be better well off without him. If you want, just picture he as Tidus then. :D

rubah
07-12-2005, 10:26 PM
What about Galuf?

I vote for him to be auron.

matt89
07-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Il iked ff5 graphic how they are. I think that also what made the game great. I thikn its great how it is. If they are gonna remake something they should do ff1 if the do a good job then they can do others

Rase
07-13-2005, 05:25 PM
I'd love to see FFI-VI remade, mostly because, while story and gameplay are important, to me, so are graphics, just not as much. So, while it's fun to play them now, I'd like to do it in great looking 3D graphics.

But will it happen? No.

ThroneofDravaris
07-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, I didn’t think this thread was going to last so long, so I’ll post my reason now…

Basically the reason why I don’t think that the original FF games should be remade with better graphics (with the exception of FFVI, because that has some of the more modern aspects of FF games that might look cool in 3D) is that the original 2D graphics were part of the charm. Sort of like “it was so crap, it was good”. That Kind of makes me sound like a purist, which I definitely am not, ( I have a thread bagging purists somewhere…) , but I’ve seen a glimpse of the direction Square would take FFV if it went into 3D, and it is NOT pretty.

Ultima
07-18-2005, 06:50 PM
There is a remake of FF4/5 coming out at the end of the year.

abrojtm
07-18-2005, 08:01 PM

*laughs* And also look for an early release of your PS3 if your name starts with "X"!

MoonZapdos
07-18-2005, 09:37 PM
A Nintendo DS version of FF5 would be cool.

Crossblades
07-18-2005, 10:28 PM

Do you have proof of this?

nik0tine
07-23-2005, 08:48 AM
:lol: