PDA

View Full Version : what do people think of the change in rikku and yuna between X and X-2?

Linkin69
06-22-2005, 09:49 AM
hey guys tell me wot u rekon of the change in rikku and yuna between FFX and FFX-2, coz most of the other charecters look and act and fight excactly the same way (with the exception of Lulu whos pregnant).

crazybayman
06-22-2005, 11:45 AM
To be honest, I think the transfer to X-2 was f#ckin' stupid.

That dress-sphere system pi$$ed me off to no end. And their outfits were pointless. Yeah, their theif outfits were revealing, but attempts to make video game characters dressed sexy or revealing just don't do it for me.

What a lame game. A slap in the face to the whole FF series.

Destai
06-22-2005, 01:14 PM
They were fine with me except when they acted all girly which was plain irritating.

Linkin69
06-22-2005, 01:32 PM
yeh i agree with u crazybayman along the lines of the hole sexy thing not workin rikku's thief defenetly left quite alot for the imagination but its pretty pathetic, its them fat business men who cant get any and need to produce ther only chances thru rikku.

wot do u guys think about the weoponry changes for Rikku n Yuna between FFX and FFX-2 (with ther default spheres e.g yuna gunner using pistols and rikku thief using those knife like things)???.
personally i thort yuna's weaponry was better in FFX then X-2, yuna with guns tryin to go matrix dint work for me. i dint mind rikku's weaponry change it suited who she was better, coz in ffx it was this huge godhand stikin out like a sore thumb and in x-2 it was more subtle, suited her better in my opinion.

CaptRory
06-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Rikku didn't change that much, without worrying about Yuna trading her life to stop Sin her more exuberant, effervescent nature had the opportunity to shine through. On the surface it appears that Yuna has changed quite a bit, she is more outgoing and more outwardly girly, but she really hasn't undergone that radical of a change on the inside. The actions she took to defeat Sin, the loss of Tidus, the Fayth, and the Aeons have been dragging her down. Most of the other characters have taken on different responsibilities. When you live in a state of perpetual decay, where at any time someone or something can come along and kill you and your loved ones with impunity, you live differently then you would in a world of relative safety and progress. Wakka is struggling with becoming a father. Lulu is struggling to deal with Wakka's struggling to become a father lol. Spira at large is coming to terms with the new world they find themselves thrust into. If the rest of the characters seem static from X to X-2 it is probably because you're focusing on the wrong areas of character development.

I Don't Need A Name
06-22-2005, 06:50 PM
another silly thing....No one has aged....except for calli who has gone from about 8 to 17!!

Vengence
06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
I kinda liked the new sexiness in X-2...Heh heh... :love:

Please don't shoot me! :eek:

ZuZu
06-22-2005, 08:19 PM
I kinda liked the new sexiness in X-2...Heh heh... :love:

yes yes, less clothes, the better :p

I don't have played this game but what I have seen... it's interesting..
nothing more to say

silentenigma
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
see what happens to all the people when they kill off the cool, serious guy in red at the end of the previous game? I can't imagine what would happen to ff7 if anything were to happen to vincent. :p

or......... maybe I'm wrong and if Auron were in X-2 he'd be all giddy and stupid. Alot can happen in 2 years....

BabyVixen
06-22-2005, 10:48 PM
The only thing I liked was Yuna's new confidence boost, their outfits and new found strength and that was it. But then again Yuna turned into a pushover

lulusgirl
06-22-2005, 11:16 PM
I loved the changes.
They're cool and they give the game a more feminine side.

Slade
06-23-2005, 07:01 AM
I thought Yuna became teeth grittingly annoying in 10-2. I loved her in X but there was something so Un-Yuna about her in X-2.........some of the stuff she did and said *shudders* it sends shivers people.
Rikku was ok but she got on my nerves. I also liked her beta in X.
As for other characters that featured in both X and X-2........i thought Shelinda was one of the betta ones. I hated her so much in X i was on the brink of taking an axe to the tv......but in X-2 i thought she was awsome! She suited being a TV host :D

Clouds_Girl
06-23-2005, 09:48 AM
I didn't like it, they were different people. I mean i know people change but...IIIEEE-ouch there's was a little bit for the worse...

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 09:51 AM
another silly thing....No one has aged....except for calli who has gone from about 8 to 17!!

They aged. It hadnt been that long, and people dont change physically that quickly once they've reached a certain age. A seven year old would look different in two years, but a twenty year old probably wouldnt.

As for the change, I liked it. I liked the way they were, and the way they became. It showed excellent character development. CaptRory put it perfectly.

Orcan Fang
06-24-2005, 03:21 AM
i say yuna is tighter in X2 and i will always think rikku is perfect . no im not a LEZ im a judgemental grl . thats all.

Imperia
06-24-2005, 05:47 AM
Changes in appearance- I, as a woman, thought that they were ridiculously sexy. Why would any woman want to fight evil showing her butt off to the world? :mad2:

Also, I hate how Yuna's face was ballooned to several more pounds in the FMV images. She's not even fat! I also thought Rikku looked a little too grown up for her age.

Changes in personality With the girls' personalities, I liked how Yuna changed. In X-2, she's far less passive, she's more rough, she was able to have fun and be her own person, and she was so powerful! With Rikku... To be honest, I liked her better in FFX. She was perky, but at the same time, she was very mature, but in X-2, she immatured and became really, really, whiny. That really bothered me...

Tai-Ti
06-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Like wat was siad b4, i just saw it odd that Rikku and Yuna changed soooo much, and no1 else changed at all! And can sum1 please explain how your hair can grow from your shoulders to your ankles in only 2 years?! Yuna must have been on steroids for it to get down to there like that!

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Steroids have nothing to do with hair growth. It's most likely a weave of some sort.

The others changed as well, just not clothing-wise. Besides, as has already been said, Yuna and Rikku had the most reason for change. Both got a whole lot of weight off their shoulders. They were also the youngest, and not as set in their ways like Lulu and Wakka.

Tai-Ti
06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
but still under the circimstances, ud think Lulu would look a LITTLE different. Personality wiae, i dont think Rikku's changed much at all.

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
How would Lulu look a little different? She'd be bigger because of the pregnancy, but otherwise her features wouldnt change. It hasnt been that long. She's done all her growing up.

boys from the dwarf
06-24-2005, 07:37 PM

That dress-sphere system pi$$ed me off to no end. And their outfits were pointless. Yeah, their theif outfits were revealing, but attempts to make video game characters dressed sexy or revealing just don't do it for me.

and its also sexist against us guys. :mad2: :mad2: :hot: :skull: :frust: :grr: :screwy: :quarter: >:O :smash: :evilking: :radred: :hot: :nonono: :twak: :twak: :trout: :trout: :irked: :shoot: :shoot: :aimx: :aim$:

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2005, 12:20 AM

and its also sexist against us guys. :mad2: :mad2: :hot: :skull: :frust: :grr: :screwy: :quarter: >:O :smash: :evilking: :radred: :hot: :nonono: :twak: :twak: :trout: :trout: :irked: :shoot: :shoot: :aimx: :aim$:

Then doesnt that make every other game sexist against us girls? Why does everything have to center around boys or helpless women to make it good?

Cruise Control
06-25-2005, 01:28 AM
I liked the originals better!

Imperia
06-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Then doesnt that make every other game sexist against us girls? Why does everything have to center around boys or helpless women to make it good?

That's a good question. Why must the men strictly be the strong ones?

Destai
06-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Then doesnt that make every other game sexist against us girls? Why does everything have to center around boys or helpless women to make it good?Its not and it doesnt.

That's a good question. Why must the men strictly be the strong ones?Theyre not Strictly the strong ones. Theres plenty of strong females in most of my video games, RPG's in particular.

Tai-Ti
06-25-2005, 10:39 AM
How would Lulu look a little different? She'd be bigger because of the pregnancy, but otherwise her features wouldnt change. It hasnt been that long. She's done all her growing up.

But thats the thing! She HASN't gott en bigger at all! You just think that cause thats wat ur mind is expecting, and you mostly see her sitting down, but if you look at it better, they havent changed her.

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Then doesnt that make every other game sexist against us girls? Why does everything have to center around boys or helpless women to make it good?Its not and it doesnt.

That's a good question. Why must the men strictly be the strong ones?Theyre not Strictly the strong ones. Theres plenty of strong females in most of my video games, RPG's in particular.

I know it's not, and I know it doesnt. However, what boys said seems to imply that, which is why I was questioning him.

Fallen~Angel
06-25-2005, 10:53 PM
A slap in the face to the whole FF series.
Why the HELL do you go on this forum then???

Daikichigirl01
06-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I thought the changes were so pointless and stupid. Yuna was the most annoying person ever, I wanted to shoot her with her own gun so many freaking times! And the clothes are just messsed up. You tell me how many people would go save the world in a skirt that looks like a strip of cloth. I thought Rikku was cool, but I think that FFX-2 just ruined their streak of good games. Wasted $50 on that game. Tch.

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Yuna was fine, but Rikku lost a lot of her edge.

tootncartman
06-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Well,at least Rikku and Yuna found a change of clothes!

Wakka,Lulu and all the X characters had either been wearing the same suit for a very long time or have a lot of the same clothing.

I know,im lame.....

Garnie
06-26-2005, 09:36 AM
i was very dissapointed in FFX-2 the game got a little to girly for my liking but the changes were quite refreashing its just a shame they turned in to blubering idiots