PDA

View Full Version : Zell--Love Child of Cloud and Tifa?

saynt_jaymes
06-22-2005, 07:23 PM
I have been looking around at some old sites lately--one that are devoted to some of the older installments, and I occasionally see a theory about how Zell could possibly be a son of Cloud and Tifa. Of course, I was skepitcal at first, and really I still am. I mean, each new installment of Final Fantasy seems to take place on a new planet, so it seems nearly impossible for a character from Final Fantasy VIII to be related to characters from Final Fantasy VII. However, if you look at some of the evidence, it does make a pretty good case:

1) Zell's appearence- As shown is the attachments below, Zell and Cloud both have very blonde, very spikt hair. In addition, their outfits are slightly similiar-they are dark colored and show off the arms.

2) Zell's battle style- When in battle, Zell uses his fists to pummel his enemies, much like our favorite bartending vixen from Final Fantasy VII. Their limit breaks both involve using your controller. With Tifa's, you must stop the reels and that dictates how many times she will hit. With Zell's, you must input certain combinations of buttons to perform combo attacks.

3) Zell's attitude- Zell is very much like Tifa in the fact that he gets overly emotional at times, but overall is a friendly and caring person. At the same time, he is a bit like Cloud-having somewhat of an "Eff you" attitude when people are mean or rude to him.

With all of these little bits or evidence, it is fairly convincing that Zell Dincht may very well be the son of Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockheart. As for my own opinion: Do I believe that Zell is Cloud and Tifa's son? Of course not! But it is a very interesting theory to entertain. What do you think?

The Anarchy Angel
06-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Heh, nice research! I likt to think most FF are infact related, so i like this theory, so yea, maybe

crazybayman
06-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes, quite an interesting theory. And I like to see FF characters related somehow too.

One thing that could make or break this theory, is the fact that Laguna would have to be around Cloud's and Tifa's age.....

Which means that if they were actually from the same planet, then Laguna, being a Galbadian soldier, probably would have been a soldier in the FFVII world. Perhaps a member of the Shinra's Soldier?

But then again, it is two completely different worlds. However some similarities are present..........

Squall of SeeD
06-22-2005, 08:55 PM
One could argue that he's the son of Sabin from VI (blonde guy with martial arts attacks) and Tifa from VII (has martial arts attacks) and it would be quite nearly as plausible. Suspension of disbelief concerning otherworldly connections is required in either case.

Of course, it's just a similarity that's there with no intended connection. Zell is as much Cloud and/or Tifa's son as Tidus from X is Cloud's son.

Though, yes, it is a cute similarity.

Sweet Beloved
06-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah. There is a similarity....
I mean He might have Cloud's wacky but very cool hairstyle. (In a way).And he does have Tifa's abilities (Or some of them).
Maybe Square did this just to hint something. But...they are from two different worlds.
And Cloud and Tifa didn't really show anything like, if they got together or not...
So, maybe Zell is the crazy idea that Cloud and Tifa ended up together?
I'm not sure. I'm just saying.
Sry Aeris fans.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-22-2005, 10:18 PM
I think it's a way to remind us of the past games :tongue:

saynt_jaymes
06-22-2005, 10:18 PM
In all honesty, I really doubt that Square was meaning to make it look like TIfa and Cloud had a baby. It is probably more of a throwback to Final Fantasy VII. Just like in Final Fantasy IX, at the end when they are performing the play and one of the chartacters says something like "Neither Cloud nor Squall can keep us apart." He is referring to clouds and squall (storms) but it is coincidentally the names of the previous two main characters. It is just Square's way of payig homage to the previous installments.

BabyVixen
06-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah because I know at lot of FF fans who want to know what Cloud and Tifa's kid would be like and maybe Square wanted to get them their answer

Delta
06-22-2005, 10:33 PM
That can't be possible because Zell and Squall etc. are on a diffrent planet all together.

saynt_jaymes
06-22-2005, 10:33 PM
That can't be possible because Zell and Squall etc. are on a diffrent planet all together.

Read the original post. It says that very clearly.

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Doesnt Zell also use one of the techniques Tifa does in her Limit? I cant remember which one. I want to say Dolphin Blow, but I'm not sure.

I occasionally like to go back and draw fake 'family trees' from one FF to the next, linking characters with similar appearances and personalities. Of course it's all impossible, but it's still fun to do on occasion.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Like I said........ :tongue:

DMKA
06-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Doesnt Zell also use one of the techniques Tifa does in her Limit? I cant remember which one. I want to say Dolphin Blow, but I'm not sure.
He uses a few actually. "Meteor Strike", "Dolphin Blow", "Beat Rush" and then his ultimate is "My Final Heaven" whereas Tifa's ultimate was "Final Heaven".

disapointedchild
06-23-2005, 06:49 AM
If this theory was correct, it means that all these games take place at the exact same time, its just on different planets. Hm, wonder how to travel from world to world.

How about those gummi ships from kh.

Another clue?????

BackRoomKid
06-23-2005, 06:52 AM
i just thought of he was a teenage Cid (from FFVII) or how Cid's kid would come out as...cussing and all that

sorry if someone else posted that...i admit, i didn't read all the posts >_>

Future Esthar
06-23-2005, 01:40 PM
The planets were the same but maybe their geography was changed by a lunar cry.
Who knows?After all the impact of many monsters can cause a crater and a dramatic change of the continents.If you look at the meteorite in FF7 it is red like the flow of monsters.

saynt_jaymes
06-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Who knows?After all the impact of many monsters can cause a crater and a dramatic change of the continents.If you look at the meteorite in FF7 it is red like the flow of monsters.

Actually, a lot of the final fantasies are siad to take place on completely different worlds. In VII, it is just referred to as 'the world.' I belive it is called Gaia in VIII and IX. And in X and X-2, its called Spira.

crazybayman
06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
And Cloud and Tifa didn't really show anything like, if they got together or not...
Hey, what about that scene, before they all go into the crater, where Cloud and Tifa spend the night together by the airship, while everyone else visits their respective homes? Tifa does jump up rather embarassed when everyone arrives the next morning....

Cloud: "hey baby....."
Tifa: "you know Cloud, my limit break dolphin BLOW can be used for other purposes........"
Cloud: "oh yeah......."

Music: Chica-whamp-whamp!!
:tongue:

Future Esthar
06-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Of course but culture also change so people can call their planet different things in different times.

saynt_jaymes
06-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Cloud: "hey baby....."
Tifa: "you know Cloud, my limit break dolphin BLOW can be used for other purposes........"
Cloud: "oh yeah......."

Music: Chica-whamp-whamp!!
:tongue:

omfg. that is funniest thing i have ever read in my entire life!!

Masamune·1600
06-23-2005, 03:19 PM

In FFVIII, the Centra civilization was destroyed by a Lunar Cry long before the actual events of the game. There is no suggestion, however, that the geography of FFVIII was rearranged by the phenomenon. We even see a Lunar Cry during the game, which has no effect on the preexisting continental layout.

FFVII has nothing even similar to a Lunar Cry; the last serious impact with Gaia occurred roughly 2000 years prior to the events of the game, when JENOVA landed near the Knowlespole. We also observe Meteor up close in several FMV sequences, where we can clearly see that it is nothing like a Lunar Cry.

Of course but culture also change so people can call their planet different things in different times.

If Zell were actually the child of Cloud and Tifa, then the world and culture of FFVII would have transferred to the world of FFVIII within 17 years. Ignoring the fact that such a complete cultural transition would not have happened so quickly, such a view requires that one discount the inherent chronological contradiction. In FFVIII, when controlling Laguna, we can see the world of FFVIII before Squall (like Zell, 17) is born. Deling City and Winhill, among other locations, are virtually unchanged between then and the present. This emphasizes, even if one overlooks the history present in FFVIII, the unalterable fact that FFVII and FFVIII could not be the same world within the given timeframe.

Squall of SeeD
06-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Actually, a lot of the final fantasies are siad to take place on completely different worlds. In VII, it is just referred to as 'the world.' I belive it is called Gaia in VIII and IX. And in X and X-2, its called Spira.

VII and IX's Planets are named Gaia (remember "Gaea's Cliffs" in VII? Also note this pamphlet from the Square-Enix booth at the 2004 E3: Linkage (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/AdventChildrenE3Handout.jpg)). VIII's Planet goes unnamed.

We even see a Lunar Cry during the game, which has no effect on the preexisting continental layout.

I just wanted to point out that the Lunar Cry didn't get to contact with the Planet's surface either. The Lunatic Pandora was directly beneath the Lunar Cry as it descended and it dispersed the flow of monsters before it could impact with the Planet. Normally, that wouldn't happen. The Lunatic Pandora artificially incites Lunar Cries after all. Under normal circumstances, a Lunar Cry would hit and pulverize the landscape, as it did on Trabia (that large hole). I would assume that the charred landscape of the Centra Continent is a result of the Lunar Cry that came down there. It's also possible that the distribution of all those small chunks of Trabia is a result of it pulverizing the landscape. If the continental crust was thinner there than in Trabia, such a large hole as was rendered unto Trabia could have possibly split the continent.

I'm only pointing all that out because it's what a Lunar Cry probably could do.

Anyway, what you said about the timeline not allowing for VII and VIII's Planets to be the same is true. I just wanted to point out this.

Chris
06-23-2005, 05:58 PM
This is so absurd, why don't we pair up Barret and Mister T? HUH? HUH?

saynt_jaymes
06-23-2005, 05:59 PM
This is so absurd, why don't we pair up Barret and Mister T? HUH? HUH?

Because you'd probably like that a little too much. :D

Holy_Aeris
06-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Wait in the game age's Tifa's 20 and Zell's 17, a little dodgy don't ya think????

saynt_jaymes
06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Wait in the game age's Tifa's 20 and Zell's 17, a little dodgy don't ya think????

Theyre from two different games. I would assume Final Fantasy VIII takes place after VII.

But like I said. I don't believe the theory, I think its just a fun idea to entertain.

Future Esthar
06-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Anyway, what you said about the timeline not allowing for VII and VIII's Planets to be the same is true. I just wanted to point out this.

Explain this to me.Why the timeline doesnīt allow?Final fantasies can differ millions of years.If you study geological evolution of the Earth you will understand my point.

Squall of SeeD
06-23-2005, 06:43 PM

Explain this to me.Why the timeline doesnīt allow?Final fantasies can differ millions of years.If you study geological evolution of the Earth you will understand my point.

Uh... because, as masamune1600 said, we see events of the game over 17 years before it began, before Zell was born. Deling City and Winhill are much the same as they are in the game's present. To assume that Tifa and Cloud are around at this time is absolutely absurd, especially with these places not existing in VII's present. For that matter, there's never a mention of a Lunar Cry in VII, nor any civilization that was wiped out by one in the last 100 years.

Also, Midgar is still around 500 years into VII's future. Midgar isn't in VIII.

So, yes, it's impossible.

Future Esthar
06-23-2005, 07:14 PM
You miss the point.I donīt believe Zell was Cloudīs sun.I am saying that FF8 and FF7 can differ hundreds,thousands or even millions of years.I donīt said FF7 was on Lagunaīs time.

BackRoomKid
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
or maybe all FF's don't have the same worlds

or maybe they do.....................................................

oh well, time for lunch

on a serious note, where does Zell get his childish-ness from? supposing he is the "love child" of SOMEONE

Squall of SeeD
06-23-2005, 07:59 PM
You miss the point.I donīt believe Zell was Cloudīs sun.I am saying that FF8 and FF7 can differ hundreds,thousands or even millions of years.I donīt said FF7 was on Lagunaīs time.

Oh, well, my apologies. When you asked about the timeline I assumed you were inquiring about what had been mentioned in regard to the timeline.

As for whether or not it could be the same Planet after millions of years, sure, it could be. We just don't have reason to believe it is.

boys from the dwarf
06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
the only real differences is ones male and one female and one of them sucks compared to the other.FF7 kicks zells ass. oooh yeah.that teches him to over reacted to everything.
tifa:hey zell. you want a trout?
zell: O.K then
tifa:trout this! :trout: :trout: :trout: mwahaha.
zell:aieeeeeeeeeee.runs of to island closest to hell by accicdent and gets killed.
(i dont hate zell but FF7 rules so much ihad to put that in.)

MushroomZOMBIE
06-25-2005, 01:28 AM
boys from the dwarf-the only real differences is ones male and one female and one of them sucks compared to the other.FF7 kicks zells ass. oooh yeah.that teches him to over reacted to everything.
zell:aieeeeeeeeeee.runs of to island closest to hell by accicdent and gets killed.
:lol: Tifa vs. Zell!!!! Who Would Win???!!! I'm selling tickets to the fight!!!!! :upsidedow

saynt_jaymes
06-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Hmmm, how bout we stick to the topic of the post?

...Just an idea

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 03:25 PM
boys from the dwarf-the only real differences is ones male and one female and one of them sucks compared to the other.FF7 kicks zells ass. oooh yeah.that teches him to over reacted to everything.
:lol: Tifa vs. Zell!!!! Who Would Win???!!! I'm selling tickets to the fight!!!!! :upsidedow
tifa would win.nuff said.

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Hmmm, how bout we stick to the topic of the post?

...Just an idea
My thoughts exactly, but I don't think I'll do it.

The sad part about this is that this isn't the most crackpot FFVIII theory out there.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-26-2005, 02:32 AM
Who's to say that Zell isn't a descendant of Tifa?

Smarty_Arty
06-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Of course he is (even though he's kinda stupid to be Cloud's and Tifa's son no offense all you Zell lovers out there) I always used to Joke about Zell being Tifa's and Cloud's son since he has Cloud's spiky hair and Tifa's fighting style but the point is that Zell definitely is Tifa's and Cloud's little child :D.