PDA

View Full Version : al bhed boy talking about mako?

cloudmastertianmat
06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
i just think, whats is the relation between spira and ffVII wolrd

Wuggly Blight
06-22-2005, 10:32 PM
None. Spira is a totally (awful) diffrent world and there is no relation to ff7 and the awful ff10.

squareSOFT
06-22-2005, 10:38 PM
The incredible world of spira is thankfully not at all related to the horrid world of FF7. As you said there is speculation because of some obscure dialoge in X-2 about energy or power or something in the ground. People think that could be talking bout Mako but thankfully there is no direct correlation.

TurkSlayer
06-22-2005, 11:19 PM
The WONDERFUL world of Spira and the WONDERFUL world of... The Planet have no connection what so ever.

Hikaro Takayama
06-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Well, the Al Bhed scientist/airship navigator, whose name just happens to be Shinra mentioned that the Farplane (which is where the souls of the dead in FFX go) could possibly be used as an energy source. I think that this is supposed to just be a reference, with the Shinra power company using the energy of the Lifestream (where all the sould of the dead go in FFVII) as a power source. Plus, there are a few paralells between materia and the spheres, both the ones used on the sphere grid and the ones used for recording/storing memories (much like the materia stored the memories of the ancients). Of course, it is my opinion that the connections are no more deep than the FFVII references in FFIX (Zidane looking at the buster-sword type weapon on the wall of the weapon shop in Lindblum and saying, "I used to know this spiky haired guy who used these all the time" and the Tantalus band playing the Junon Military Parade theme), or for that matter the FFIV references in FFIX (the Invincible, Garland, etc).

OneWing
06-23-2005, 05:24 AM
I think there may be a connection between all of the worlds in the Final Fantasy Series and I even can see it in the Spirits Within... I would tell you all more... but I havent investigated enough yet... but I think I have something..

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 05:40 AM
The relation is this. Horible mistake that was ff10 and ff10-2 tryed to tie it'self into the gloryus golden god like thing that is ff7 by make that disgusting mako refrince. had I ben on that air ship when Shinra made that Commeent i would have swiftly and thoughtlessly tossed the little blaspimer overbord, then listened for the heart warming SPLAT that would put an end to his evil ways. IMO it was the creaters of ff 10 and 10-2 trying to hook hardcore ff7 fans and it failed. even sugesting that spira has anything to do with ummm what ever the world is called in ff7 is eeeeeeeeevil.

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Oh give me a break. If they had wanted to hook VII fans, they could have done so easily by making it like VII. Sheesh, get over the VII obsession/X bashing.

Anyway, all FFs have references to eachother. If Spira is the same world as the one we see in FFVII, it'd be so very far in the future (or even the past) that it may as well be a completly different world.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 06:05 AM
I Know but I wouldent be bashing ffx if Squaresoft hadent desided to take out exploreing an overworld map, the exp systum and given it the islander look. Some good voice acting wouldent have killed them ether. :p

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 06:10 AM
That's super. What does that have to do with the topic? It's still an FF game, whether it's as 'godly' as VII or not, and it may still have connections to the other ones.

Squall of SeeD
06-23-2005, 07:20 AM
If Spira is the same world as the one we see in FFVII, it'd be so very far in the future (or even the past) that it may as well be a completly different world.

It's not the same world, no, but Kazushige Nojima, Scenario Writer of VII, X, and X-2, wrote X-2 with the intention in mind that people from Spira (specifically Shinra of the Gullwing's descendants) would go to Gaia (Final Fantasy VII's world). He says this in an interview in the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Guide.

As for the Planet of VII, its name is, indeed, Gaia. The icy cliffs around the Northern Crater are called "Gaea's Cliffs"/"Gaia's Cliffs" and the Advent Children pamphlets given out at the Square-Enix booth at E3 in 2004 called the Planet "Gaia:"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/AdventChildrenE3Handout.jpg

Anyway, I personally like the connection that Nojima intended and hope that he develops it further and places it in one of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII games.

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that :<3:!

Hikaro Takayama
06-23-2005, 07:28 AM
:lol: At the raging fanboy war starting here. I happen to have liked both VII and X almost equally as much as each other. Relax, they're just some games.

Anyways, here's a few more 'coincidences' (In my experience there is no such thing as coincidence) throughout the FF series:

FFT: References to FFIV (the ruins of Baron Castle, the Tower of Babil, or at least the ruins thereof, the old flight school where the pilots of the Red Wings were trained, etc) as well as VII (Cloud, Aeris the flower girl, materia, etc).

FFVIII: References to FFIV (Gilgamesh, the Lunar Cry, etc) as well as VII (Zell's limit breaks are almost identical to Tifa's and he looks almost like the result of Cloud and Tifa getting married and having a kid)

FFIX: References to FFIV (Garland, the Invincible, the Red moon) and VII (Zidane's comment in the Lindblum weapons shop, the Tantalus band playing the Junon Military Parade song) as well as even I, II, & III (Vivi looks like the original Black Mage, there is a Red mage in the bar in Alexandria that looks just like the original Red Mage, Garnet was wearing the original White mage robe at the beginning, Garland, etc).

FFX: References to Earlier FF where the summoners have horns (when the Ronso say that they will carve a statue of Yuna with a great big horn), FFVII (Shinra, Shinra's comments about the Farplane, which looks just like the lifestream in FFVII with a better special effects budget, the sphere's similarity to materia, etc)

FFXI: References to FFVI (three different types of Magicite are required to complete some missions), as well as FFV (the Job system).

That's about all I can come up with right now. Feel free to add to the list.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Cool I thought it was called something like that but I dont remember ever actuly hereing it in game so I couldent be sure. Im very glad you posted the name of the cliff's now I dont have to say "that planit what ever it's called" :p

And Hikaro Takayama that was very Acurate and well thought out. Your right some of those are direct refrences. I find Zidanes Comment to be a very big refrence to ff7.

I can see were Shinra's comment is allso a valid Refrence to ff7 But I still want to toss him overbaord. :D

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 07:34 AM
:lol: At the raging fanboy war starting here. I happen to have liked both VII and X almost equally as much as each other. Relax, they're just some games.

Uh... I think you may be the one freaking out, I see no 'raging fanboy war'. :rolleyes2

Squall of SeeD
06-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that :<3:!

You're welcome.

FFT: References to FFIV (the ruins of Baron Castle, the Tower of Babil, or at least the ruins thereof, the old flight school where the pilots of the Red Wings were trained, etc) as well as VII (Cloud, Aeris the flower girl, materia, etc).

Tactics actually has references to every Final Fantasy in the numbered series that came before it. Go here for more about that: FFCompendium (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/incross.shtml#fft).

FFX: ... the Farplane, which looks just like the lifestream in FFVII with a better special effects budget, the sphere's similarity to materia, etc)

Those aren't so much references as they are the continuation of a theme that's been pervading FF since Final Fantasy VII, and had its beginnings at least as far back as VI. Go here for more information on that: Spirit Energy and Memories in Final Fantasy (http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/SE_M.html).

Captain Maxx Power
06-23-2005, 11:42 AM
If you don't like references to previous FFs in your FF titles, then for the love of God don't play FF9. There's about twenty references every five seconds in that game.

silverpigeon97
06-23-2005, 05:24 PM
both games had chocobos, an airship, a blonde guy with a sword for the main character, a wierd dog like character and the main character had juts arrived in the place where the sotry was set

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Almost all FF games have had chocobos and airships.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Yep every Final Fantasy game has had at lest one airship. (not adressing Spin off's or side adventures like FFT allthough FFTA had an airship refrence.)
And all of them have had Chocobos Since FF3 and posibly ff2. I cant say for serten becouse I honistly cant force myself to play FF2 all the way through. :p I know Cid allso made his First apearance in FF2.

Hikaro Takayama
06-24-2005, 06:28 AM
Tactics actually has references to every Final Fantasy in the numbered series that came before it. Go here for more about that: FFCompendium (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/incross.shtml#fft).

Dayum! I didn't realize there were that many references between the various FF games until I read that. Thanks for the Info, it will definitely help with a project I am currently working on.

Masamune·1600
06-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Yep every Final Fantasy game has had at lest one airship. (not adressing Spin off's or side adventures like FFT allthough FFTA had an airship refrence.)

Actually, airship references abound in FFT as well. Note that the final battle takes place at the Graveyard of Airships. Also recall that the Castle of Trials is described as a military school from which the Red Wings (FFIV reference) graduated. While this seems to be an error (there was a Citadel of Trials in FFI, but nothing with that name in FFIV), the mention of the Red Wings should immediately conjure up the idea of airships. A number of previous airship names (such as the Enterprise and the Blackjack) also appear in FFT, although they're not actually airships within the game.

And all of them have had Chocobos Since FF3 and posibly ff2. I cant say for serten becouse I honistly cant force myself to play FF2 all the way through. :p I know Cid allso made his First apearance in FF2.

The first chocobo appeared in FFII, although its role was admittedly minor.

Lon611
06-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Oh give me a break. If they had wanted to hook VII fans, they could have done so easily by making it like VII. Sheesh, get over the VII obsession/X bashing.

Anyway, all FFs have references to eachother. If Spira is the same world as the one we see in FFVII, it'd be so very far in the future (or even the past) that it may as well be a completly different world.

thank you :D

exactly. which brings up something i always thot about. would ne1 like to see a PREquel to a FF game?u may kno what happens, but at least it could be presented in a way such as Revenge of the SIth or something along those nostalgic lines. i thikn it would be very interesting to go back 1000 years in spira, or 5000 years in ffix. iuno. just pondering. ne1 agree?

neways, i never how closely the plot to resembled to the Spirits within
until i played ffvii (finally). the whole crater, alien, prison scene, futuristic appeal, etc etc.

crashNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah their worlds are 2 different places all over...

-N-
06-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Square owns both, so they can reference themselves whenever. It's just for kicks.

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2005, 12:15 AM

thank you :D

exactly. which brings up something i always thot about. would ne1 like to see a PREquel to a FF game?u may kno what happens, but at least it could be presented in a way such as Revenge of the SIth or something along those nostalgic lines. i thikn it would be very interesting to go back 1000 years in spira, or 5000 years in ffix. iuno. just pondering. ne1 agree?

While I'd like to see a prequel, I dont think I'd want it that far back. I think prequels are more interesting when the people involved are somehow connected to the people in the originals (though 1000 years for X would work, cause that's when the big war happened, and Tidus was around and such, right? Or Shyuin or whatever). Anyway, I'd really love to see a War of the Magi prequel for VI, but for the others I'd be most interested to see what happend to the characters parents and such, or something like that.

Sarkis
06-25-2005, 09:16 AM

Actually, airship references abound in FFT as well. Note that the final battle takes place at the Graveyard of Airships. Also recall that the Castle of Trials is described as a military school from which the Red Wings (FFIV reference) graduated. While this seems to be an error (there was a Citadel of Trials in FFI, but nothing with that name in FFIV), the mention of the Red Wings should immediately conjure up the idea of airships. A number of previous airship names (such as the Enterprise and the Blackjack) also appear in FFT, although they're not actually airships within the game.

The first chocobo appeared in FFII, although its role was admittedly minor.

I cannot Belive I forgot about the final battle, I meen You ON a freaking airship lol. The others I missed womehow so thanks for bringing them up in fact it seems FFT had more Airship refrences then FFTA. Oh and thanks for telling me about the Chocobo in FF2 i'll prabably never Finish that one. ><

I allso think that Playing through the war of the magi would rock.