PDA

View Full Version : How do you beat it?

Freya
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
How do you beat that thing right after fighting kuja for the last time? It keeps kicking my butt and i cant beat it no matter what!

Chris
06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Use your strongest attacks, and remember to equip the right stones.

squareSOFT
06-22-2005, 11:03 PM
What I did was let every char other than Steiner/Zidane and Garnet (whoever has the best attack) die. Then, concentrate on pure healing with Garnet and straight physical attacks and trance when you get there. You can pass him easily even with low levels that way.

Freya
06-22-2005, 11:30 PM
thank you i'll try it.

Alexander
06-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Equip as many status protections as you can. If you have 12 Magic Stones after that, put a Auto-Life. Simple.

Necron is ridiculously easy now. XD

(Strange. I can kick his ass 5 minute flat without those status protections. And I barely defeat Trance Kuja. XD)

OwneD
06-23-2005, 08:03 PM
I actually kicked his ass today.
I used: Zidane, Freya, Vivi and Eiko.
Zidane attacked on, Freya used Rei's Wind in the beginning and then Jump, Vivi used Flare, Eiko healed when she had to and cured all status effects. If he used Blue Shockwave on Freya or Zidane I just healed them with an Elixir.

Zidane should have equipped:
Anti Status Effects, Auto Life, Auto Haste, High Tide and MP Attack if possible

Freya (if u use her):
Anti Status Effects, Auto Life, Auto Haste, High Tide. High Jump and MP Attack if possible

Vivi (if u use him)
Anti Status Effects, Auto Life, Auto Haste, High Tide. Magic Elem Null and Concentrate if possible

Eiko (if u use her):
Anti Status Effects, Auto Life, Auto Haste, High Tide. Concentrate and Boost if possible

Then u just have to vary on each character u're using

liamo
06-24-2005, 10:13 AM
hit it HIT IT HIT THE BLOODY THING oh and keep yourself alive

Devourment
06-24-2005, 12:36 PM
I used Zidane, Steiner, Amarant & Garnet. That way I have a lot of power & I have someone ready to heal them as well. Make sure you equip your characters with stones for status preventing. Make that your number one priority 'cause he uses an attack that will give you a lot of different status changes. After you've equipped your characters with stones for some status change, equip what you want for the offensive - Zidane, Steiner & Amarant. For Garnet equip some of the MP ups & the heal thing [Sorry, I can't remember the proper names for a lot of stuff on the game as it's ages since I played it], & equip her with things that will up her magic power as far as it will go - the same goes for Zidane, Steiner & Amarant, but equip them with items that will up their attack power as far as it will go. Make sure you have a lot of medicine as well - preferably remedies, as they can cure a lot of status changes. Make sure you have some Elixirs & Megalixirs as well [Can you even get Megalixirs in IX? I've forgot]. Really, if you remember to heal the status changes & your characters health then it should not really be a problem for you. Just remember to keep Garnet on standby. It also depends on what level you're on.. & the thing is, I was on L. 99 with all my characters I chose when I was battling against him. But around level 60-80 is good.

I doubt this will be of any help to you though as it's just the way that I won. You can choose to do it this way if you want, you might still not beat it.

boys from the dwarf
06-24-2005, 07:34 PM
have your fighters attack and have vivi use black magic and make sure dagger or eiko know curaga so unless your on low levels you should win.(dont kill anyone while their in zombie status effect or they will not be revivied.

Craig
06-24-2005, 08:01 PM
If you feel you need it, use Dagger and Eiko. That way you have twice the healing power.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he counter physical attacks? If so, try using attacks like Thievery, Frog Drop, Shock and Dragon Crest if you have them.

boys from the dwarf
06-24-2005, 08:49 PM
i will correct you because i do not recall him countering any of my physycal attacks but those attacks like theivery shock and drogaon crest make mincemeat out of even ozma.

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 01:49 AM
Frog Drop and Aura are good bets for any occasion.