PDA

View Full Version : Dress spheres

Kida
06-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Hey everyone, this is my 1st thread, so I hope I do it right.

I was wondering what dress spheres everyone uses for each character?

This is what it did;

Yuna:Gunner, White mage, Black Mage
Rikku:Theif, Alchemist, Black mage, trainer
Paine: Warrior, Beserker

I'm only halfway through my second time playing the game and I still havn't even gotton every dress sphere, so it would be great to see what everyone recomends. Thanks :love:

CaptRory
06-23-2005, 07:26 AM
You can pretty much get by with just the Gunner, Dark Knight, and Alchemist dresses. Berserker is great in the Via Infinito for fighting those big dragon creatures that stalk the halls (can't recall the name at the moment.) And the Lady Luck dress is great for collecting items, money and experience. This is especially useful for that one insect infested dungeon where you need to fight the insects for explosives to continue. With three Lady Lucks instead of getting 1 bomb you get 8. And if you were going to receive 3 you would get 24. Quite a time saver.

To expand on the Berserker strategy: When you master berserker (or get close to mastering I don't have the list of skills and prerequisites with me) you can automatically dodge and counterattack. So long as it is not Oversouled your berserkers will automatically evade and counter every attack. You don't even need to fight, though I suggest either using Berserk on all three or holding down "X" and switching your TV from input to your favorite show for a few minutes.

But outside of those few I haven't found anything exceedingly useful, though I have mastered every dress sphere other then Mascot. I hear that is useful, I never got a lot of use out of it.

Linkin69
06-23-2005, 08:14 AM
i neva really stuk to one sort of set with my dresspheres i was always choppin n changin dependin on wot i was doin and i tried to master as many of the spheres with as many charecters i coud so yeh.

p.s n kida for ur first thread u did fine:)

rubah
06-23-2005, 08:45 AM
yuna is good as a mascot or alchemist-- fine healing spheres
rikku as lady luck
paine as samuraixD

although, as with ff5, I assign people jobs according to their looks in those classesxD

xXTidusXxX2YunaX2
06-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Umm Here is a Great Deal

Yuna: Black Mage
Rikku: Alchemist
Paine: Warrior

Paine is your main Attacker with the help of a black mage for those high defence monsters and little rikku is your healer.

Bomber
06-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Three Mascots are the best for attacks and such, and three Ladies Luck are great for leveling and collecting items/gil.

RedCydranth
06-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Haven't beat it fully yet, but I know that whatever spheres I have, All 3 of them have mastered them. Even their Special Dresspheres. The only one not mastered is the Gun Mage (Blue Magic) because I can't be bothered toi get them all.

NotQuiteNecessary
06-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Yuna: Dark Knight, Black Mage, Gunner
Rikku: Dark Knight, Alchemist, White Mage
Paine: Dark Knight, Warrior, Samurai

The lesson here, children is that Dark Knights are better than you.

lulusgirl
06-24-2005, 01:27 AM
I use everything for everything so it's all the same to me.

Cruise Control
06-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Alchemist, Berserker (with haste), and gun mage.

Tai-Ti
06-24-2005, 01:14 PM
This is the whole Shabang 4 me:
Yuna:Gun mage, Blk mage & Wht mage
Rikku:Thief & Gunner
Paine:Warrior, Samuri & Dark Knight
i mostly have them as Wht mage, Warrior & Thief ne ways

Masamune·1600
06-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Actually, assigning the girls specified roles (healer, physical attacker, and so on) serves no real purpose, since statistical variance is determined by the Dressphere, not the character. Recall that...

There is absolutely no statistical variance between any of the girls when using the same jobs. If they share the same level and the same job, then all stats, including max HP and max MP, will be completely identical. For example, a level 99 Warrior, with no statistical augmentation via accessories or Garment Grids, will have 4122 max HP, 168 max MP, 168 Strength, 132 Defense, 54 Agility, 6 Evasion, 56 Magic, 13 Magic Def., 103 Accuracy, and 13 Luck. This is the case for all three girls, which suggests that there are no inherent bonuses to any of the statistics (Paine is not actually stronger than Yuna or Rikku, Rikku is not actually faster than Yuna or Paine, and so on).

In terms of battle, then, variety is based solely on job class. However, jobs with different abilities for the girls also have different statistics. Thus, the Trainer, Mascot, and Special Dresspheres could be used to differentiate among Yuna, Rikku, and Paine (only in those cases). With Trainer, all three have identical HP and MP, but different statistics. With Mascot and the Special Dresspheres, there is variety in all areas.

As to Dressphere progression, the game is easy enough that you can work on or master each job in pretty much whatever order you desire. Certain Dresspheres are obviously better, especially in the latter stages of the game, but I would recommend using whichever jobs give you the most enjoyable gaming experience.

Tai-Ti
06-25-2005, 11:20 AM
there is a point in assigning them dresspheres, having the stats is one thing, what about abbilities? If i put Paine as a Wht mage, she my have good stats, but she would only know Vigour, Pray & Cure! If you keep a character in a certain dressphere, they'll learn all the good abilities. I dunno WHAT Id do if Yuna hadn't gotten Lvl3 Wht magic as a wht mage.

CaptRory
06-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Once you aquire those AP Eggs (3x ability points earned) Mastering Dresses doesn't take that long. The effect doesn't stack, equipping two on the same character is no better then one but each girl can use one. It only takes a third of the time to master abilities. The only jobs it doesn't work for are Floral Fallal, Full Throttle, and Machina Maw. For the purpose of mastering jobs faster it makes sense to assign one job to each girl, but once mastered there's no reason to keep Yuna in a support role or Paine as a combat character.