PDA

View Full Version : PS3 remake

Kida
06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Although square has said they won't remake any game that can be played on the current platform, do you think they will remake FFVIII for playstation 3?

Do you think it will be possible to play the current version of the game on PS3?

:confused:

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 07:59 AM
They said they werent remaking FFVII for the PS3. So that would mean, no they arent.

And yes, it will be possible to play the PS1 game on the PS3.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 08:01 AM
What I find Anoying is that even though they say they are not going to remake FF7 with bettter graphics for the PS3, they whent ahead and made a Demo thingy of ff7 for the PS3 to show off what it can do. I meen Come on wave a steak in front of a starveing wolf from crying out loud. I meen thats just meen.

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2005, 08:40 AM
But they do that all the time, and I'm glad they did... it really was not only a nice gesture to fans, but also a nice compartive peice. The exact same thing as the original in better graphics shows how far the systems have come.

They've done so with VI (for the N64, back before the Nintendo/Square split) and VIII (for the PS2).

Loony BoB
06-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I got a few emails from various news sites today about a rumour spread by EGM (Electronics Gaming Monthly, a gaming magazine). They claim that FFVII is being worked on for the PS3, however they have nothing backing them up and to me the most important statement so far about the matter is the following:

During E3 last month, Square Enix president Youichi Wata showed a technical demonstration of how Final Fantasy VII would look if it were remade for the PlayStation 3. He then made a disclaimer that a new version of the game isn't actually being developed for the console but assured the audience at the presentation that another Final Fantasy game will be coming to the PlayStation 3. ~ GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/08/news_6127146.html) on 8th June 2005

To me, that's pretty clear. The president of Square Enix says it's not happening.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Yet!

ff-fanatix
06-23-2005, 12:49 PM
to me and final fantasy remake to another concole is a substantially bad idea.....all it will entail is better graphix....they could fix a few minore errors in certain games...but besides that....would there really be a point.....

anyway point of the thread was ff8 remake not ff7 remake...

Loony BoB
06-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Oh, FFVIII... no, I don't think that an FFVIII remake would be worth it for SE. They'd be better off with an FFVII remake (and it would also be much more likely, although still overall I don't see it happening anytime soon).

ShivaBlizzard8
06-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I agree - I'm pretty sure the PS3 demo was to ensure FF fans that future games of the series (ie FF13 or FF14?) would be made for the PS3. Subtext: FF fans buy our new console! :p

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I hope they remake FFX next.

Dr.M
07-05-2005, 07:31 AM
my dream is they remake all the ff games for ps3. it's a long shot but would n't be so cool. just imagine, they could all talk! and not just the annoing speech bubbles.

Xaven
07-05-2005, 08:17 AM
my dream is they remake all the ff games for ps3. it's a long shot but would n't be so cool. just imagine, they could all talk! and not just the annoing speech bubbles.

Who said text boxes were annoying? I like them. It lets your imagination run wild creating what's going on in your head.

crazybayman
07-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't think it would be economically viable for them. Why put millions into the remake something like FFVIII or FFVII, which is probably still selling copies of the original (I only bought FFVIII about 6 months ago), when they can put millions into a brand new FF, which will sell anyway.

Yes it'd be nice, but I don't think its happening. They probably wouldn't make much money from it, so it would be just a favour to FF fanatics........so don't count that.

Christmas
07-05-2005, 01:06 PM
They've done so with VI (for the N64, back before the Nintendo/Square split) and VIII (for the PS2).

Can you post a link or related info on the tech demo of FFVI?

Madonna
07-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I hope they remake FFX next.:smash: It should've been done with sprites.

Buschmaster
07-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Am I the only one who would rather see a completely new game? ;)

Anaconda
07-05-2005, 09:28 PM
I would definitely like to see it redone for PS3 along with fully explorable 3d environments and orchestrated themes the same touch I would pretty much give FF7 remake if it were to happen. Truthfully we don't know whats going on behind squares doors. They could be keeping it hush hush but not to get anyones hopes up more than likely it could be the same as the announcement...that it won't happen. I for one can't say they absolutely won't do it.

Buccura
07-05-2005, 09:30 PM

Why? FFX is already a fine looking game.

If anything I hope they remake IX. But of course they appeal to only the majority =(. Bastards.

Anaconda
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM

Why? FFX is already a fine looking game.

If anything I hope they remake IX. But of course they appeal to only the majority =(. Bastards.

I agree with you there. I'd also like to see IX the remake. The world was very very well designed and would love to see it in full 3D rotational maps.

TheAbominatrix
07-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Del's being sarcastic.

Rikku_007
07-05-2005, 11:08 PM
There should be a remake of ffVII and VIII for PS3 :D :D

XxSephirothxX
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
They shouldn't remake any of them, most especially FFVIII. The EGM rumor is interesting--they're usually a good source of information, and, of coure, it's merely a rumor, but I'd be less surprised if Square Enix announced in a few months FFVII was in fact being remade than I would if EGM turned out to be wrong. Game companies keep secrets like that all the time.

Slade
07-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Am I the only one who would rather see a completely new game? ;)

No. I feel the same :D . I despise remakes.....Remakes must die!

Vaprice
07-05-2005, 11:27 PM
I as well hope that they will remake the game. However in the demo trailer they were basically just showing the extent and quality of it being on the new console. if they DID remake this game it would truly be amazing...though seeing as they've already said they won't its better to just leave it alone. Remakes sometimes just need to be left alone...doing too much to a good thing is horrible....