PDA

View Full Version : FF legend 2 my faveorite childhood game

Markus. D
06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
i have no idea why im making this thread, general ffl2 discussion i guess.

the boss battles were so fun... i played it through like 7 times in half a year.

i once power played through it by having a party with 1 male human and 3 monsters... killed arsenal in a flash.

anyway, this game should be given a gba honour... in my eyes anyway.

Masamuneˇ1600
06-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Final Fantasy Legend II isn't actually an FF game. Rather, it was the name attached to SaGa 2, the second game in the SaGa series, in North America.

Necronopticous
06-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Final Fantasy Legend II isn't actually an FF game. Rather, it was the name attached to SaGa 2, the second game in the SaGa series, in North America.Thread moved.

TurkSlayer
06-24-2005, 12:28 AM
You really like this game? I have it too and I pretty much hated it myself.

Markus. D
06-24-2005, 02:01 PM
You really like this game? I have it too and I pretty much hated it myself.

:), i guess im just a sucka for slack storie lines.

crashNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I thought it was just a side FF game that would actually be part of the general FF forum...

Lord Chainsaw
06-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Although I personally prefer the original Final Fantasy Legend, I thought Legend II was an incredible game as well. Apollo is the coolest villain ever by the way.

My biggest issue with the game was the balance. At first the game is very easy, but then there's a bit of a rise in difficulty at Venus' world, and as soon as you hit the Dragon Races, the difficulty flat out spikes. The Central Shrine is so unbalanced that every single regular battle is just as difficult that the fight with Arsenal.

I still love the game though. It's incredibly fun with so many customizable aspects. The party setup, the stat setup, and the weapon setup are all up to the player. My favorite party is three humans and a mutant.

I've gotten the Seven Sword before. It was by a stroke of luck that I had a robot in my party. Went down to the Central Shrine and fought a Haniwa. That thing was incredibly tough, but I shot it with the Hyper cannon and killed it. Dropped a Seven Sword which dealt about 5500 damage.

Del Murder
06-27-2005, 04:26 AM
This game is awesome. One of my favorite Game Boy games. The plot wasn't half bad, and Apollo was a great chatacter. I agree that the difficulty was inconsistent.

If you save your game right before Arsenal and then reset, your 7th fight will almost always be a Haniwa. I never got a 7 sword, though.

Lord Chainsaw
06-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Getting that Seven Sword must have been the luckiest thing that ever happened to me in my life. It is a 1/256 drop item, and I got it on my first try.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-28-2005, 01:07 AM
It never occurred to me that the Seven Star Sword in Romancing SaGa 3 had appeared in any of the preceding games. Neat.