PDA

View Full Version : My RMXP RPG! (With EoFF appearances!)

Mittopotahis
06-23-2005, 12:13 PM
wow, we seem to be bombed under with the amount of Rpg Games recently, and I have decided to start up mine. It is called Sukami: Faded Memories and I will give you infomation about plot, characters later. Once I am abit more advanced, because I have only got about 1 minute of gameplay currently.

Inspired by Dark-Totus's game, with Old Manus appearing in it, I have decided to include each and every EoFF person (who wants to) in my game. But they cannot be main characters, I have sorted them out already. Just appearances, ok? You tell me what you want me to include with you and everything, (or let me decide, but I suggest the first way, because 1) You have a say and 2) I am really bad at that kinda stuff) and I will include you in my game!

Now, bombard me with questions, and suggestions for people please!

EDIT: I will post screens for everyone to see, and eventually I will put the game up (somehow)

Markus. D
06-23-2005, 01:29 PM
i need a plot dude, PLOOOOOOOOOT... good though... i hope creating rpgs and posting a hub for them on this website doesnt become common.

Mittopotahis
06-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Why not? I think it's interesting seeing what everyone's games are like.

Ok, a plot...well...

Basically, A person wakes up in desert, and is taken to a village to sleep. He remembers nothing. Not even his name. (he makes up one) When sleeping, Knights of Grathe come and attack the village, searching for him. Him, and his new friends flee the village, and go to a retreat, a hideout for victims of the Knights of Grathe. So, in an attempt to find out about his past, Rubai and his mates go on a journey, and find....things (I'm not sure yet) which show what you have done in the past. But while he is searching for these, he comes across a bigger discovery. Different things which can tell his future. It does not look good to him, so Rubai is on a run mission away from the Knights of Grathe, while searching for answers to his past, avoiding his future, and trying to keep himself in the present.

It needs so work, I know, but there we have it.

So, who wants to appear in my game.....Anyone?

Markus. D
06-23-2005, 01:43 PM
sounds okay so far.

i hope theres a unique overall objective to this rpg

Mittopotahis
06-23-2005, 01:45 PM
sounds okay so far.

i hope theres a unique overall objective to this rpg

Oh...you mean a main villian? Or something like that? If so, don't worry...there is.....

Markus. D
06-23-2005, 01:53 PM
no i mean like, cliched thingo... like saving the world from an ultimate evil... or etc...

Mittopotahis
06-23-2005, 02:13 PM
No, not really actually. It's more at a personal level. Although, the main villian is holding the world ransom (not under their own will) so, kinda. But it is more at a personal level.

*Silence* Nobody loves me....Or my game...I'm gonna have to put Bugglesworth in it!

:D

Markus. D
06-23-2005, 02:16 PM
AWESOME.... bugglesworth starting his first job as an rpg character.

Mittopotahis
06-23-2005, 02:19 PM
He really wanted to be a McNugget. but I told him, I said to him...
"Baby, Honey, Bugglesworth, I don't have a McDonalds sprite." he was really heart broken after that, but he is better now! :D

Dreddz
06-23-2005, 05:18 PM
me no intrested if theres no one called Gibbi in it

KoShiatar
06-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Well, why not appear?
I wonder if I could be some NPC who gives you hints about side quests, like "I heard the old piano that's in the mad granny's house holds the secret to the ultimate arcane spellcasting power", that kind of stuff...

Markus. D
06-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Ultimate spellcasting ruins the game, so it would have to be a really late sub-quest.

Dante WolfWood
06-24-2005, 02:31 AM
I wanna be in it!!! please...:p I dont care what ya do with me...just something not bad :p....also, make my sprite or char or whatever have dreadlocks....

also, are there classes in the game?

Dark-Totus
06-24-2005, 04:45 AM
make sure you add me in it ;0. Anyways, the map needs kinda work, but it looks awsome.. Keep up the nice work!

Markus. D
06-24-2005, 05:05 AM
yuripa said there arent any classes... weird... anyway, my characters name is Awai Kira

in english that means Light Killer.....

Teek
06-24-2005, 05:06 AM
If you make me the barkeep, the veterans would love it.

(ps. i have purple hair lol)

Mittopotahis
06-24-2005, 07:07 AM
I said there aren't any classes AS SUCH...they do have classes, but you don't get to choose classes etc.
I have a catapiller system, and it works, but I don't like it, so I am going to go with the other one...You know how the people 'walk in' to the main character, so I will be finding out how to do that.
I haven't done much of recent, just trying to update database, and the map, and the errors in the game so far. And i made a few maps. So far, I have Werecanary and Gibbi in my game. Please people, if you want to be in, tell me what you want to say or do etc. I will add Hachifusa when I get an inn. Dante Wolfwood, and Dark-Totus, tell me about your character, and then I will add you. I have the screens of Gibbi and Werecanary attached. Next post will include characters and stuff...
Please! more people in my game! Thanks!

Rostum
06-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey, put my name on a character. =)

Craig
06-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Me too. :)

KoShiatar
06-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Ultimate spellcasting ruins the game, so it would have to be a really late sub-quest.

Oh, it was just to quote some random thing the character might say. Not really intended to be like that. :P

Dante WolfWood
06-25-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm the young musician who has a jamaican accent....and uses music as magic and has mystical powers...(or if you have classes, just make me a red mage, I like red mages better than bard :p)also:I could possibly give you an instrument to help you with a certain mission or quest)

is that detailed enough?

either one of those two will be cool.

Maxico
06-25-2005, 03:04 AM
At least I get a cool green hat.

Pheesh
06-25-2005, 03:49 AM
i want to be the piano player in the bar hachifusa owns.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Mittopotahis
06-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Ok, Character Info, as I promised
I would just like to note, that I only done half of the naming. I let my friends decide on most of the people.

Rubai
Class: Theif
Weapon: Twin Blades
History: Rubai woke up from no where,
and remembers nothing about his past.
Therefore, there is nothing I can add
to his history.

Alsari
Class: Spy
Weapon: Throwing Knives
History: Alsari has grown up with his
sister Kami in the Desert City of Redelex.
He shows great initiative, and is a born
leader. He has been trained by a master
spy in the arts of espionage.

Kami
Class: Mage
Weapon: Mace
History: Kami is Alsari's sister. She
can be very shy, but can be very
outspoken. She has been trained
by a great mage in the arts of
sorcery.

Awai Kira
Class: Knight
Weapon: Axe
History: For most of his life, Awai
has been a Knight of Grathe. He was
enrolled at the age of 6. When his
leader was about to kill Rubai and party,
he betrayed his master and ran off with
the party. He is an expert-knight, and
can execute serious damage!

Mongkut I will do in the next post. There is one more good character. Nothing is confirmed about her yet, but I will let you know later...

Features: I have been finding a few scripts. And now there is a ber which shows your HP/SP. Also, you can now see your reflection in water, and other reflective surfaces. I am very happy about those! :D

Update: I have done alot more database, and have started to progress with the story. Half an hour of gameplay is in!

EoFF: Omecle has been included. Hachifusa, Dante and Eternal Essense will have to wait until I make the next town (Don't worry, It's not too far away ;)) I will try and get in Dart-Totus, Craig and Maxico, but it would help if I knew what you wanted to do. I have included a screenshot of Omecle.

Screenshots:
1. Alsari speaking to Rubai in opening scene.
2. Kami talking to Alsari and Mongkut, Rubai asleep.
3. Alsari's attck (It looks much better when in-game...On the screen it it just a white shape :mad2:.
4. Omecle!

You may have noticed by now, but I am not the best at these kinda things...So..yeah.

Let's have more people!!!

Dreddz
06-25-2005, 01:59 PM
*question

Why is my character saying what he says

Black Mage
06-25-2005, 06:45 PM
*question

Why is my character saying what he says

Most people would refer to that as a joke.

KuRt
06-25-2005, 06:59 PM
*Question
are the battles 2d? It looks like they are. Doesn´t matter really

And I´d like to be a char in the game, standin on a cliff/roof of a house
and when somebody talks to Kurt he´d say: "I´m on the edge! Wow..."

And please, if you make me in, make my name with small r. Kurt.

And also if you talk to me 3 times i give you a healing item for free :)

"leave me alone already and take this"

Mercen-X
06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
The main character sleeping at the beginning is over-the-top cliche. This has always been the method used when game-writers suffered from Block and couldn’t come up with character history to include at the START of the game. (You could have it that he’s already searching instead of waking up.) If anything, you could’ve made it so the Knights had been after Rubai for some time and he has been aware of it without realizing their motives (because of anmesia).

The starting village being attacked or destroyed at the beginning: cliche.

Pretty much every hero has a personal score to settle with the final boss. Rarely is it otherwise.

Kami
Class: Mage
Weapon: Mace
History: Kami is Alsari's sister. She
can be very shy, but can be very
outspoken. She has been trained
by a great mage in the arts of
sorcery.Class, Demeanor: Cliche.

I don’t intend to mock your style as not everyone wants to be original. I just have my own views on RPGs and the nature of games in general and felt I had to point out these overdone factors.

If you were to put me in, you’d just call me Mercy and have me lurk in the shadows, never revealing my identity (because I’m unimportant), but offering advice and morale boosters whenever I’m talked to. Or maybe you could make me a reluctant villain who eventually fights the good guys or whatever.

I like the character pictures in battle.

KuRt
06-25-2005, 07:46 PM
EVERY rpg has cliches..

Old Manus
06-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Can I be the village idiot who sits in a house on his own, and speaks nothing but garbled rubbish?

Then some guy outside says "This guy are sick", because I did something to some evil dude and he punished me.

Mercen-X
06-25-2005, 10:05 PM
EVERY rpg has cliches.You make it sound like they have to. There are concepts that have yet to appear, you know? Things that haven't been done because game-writers are only original in very few areas.
I'm currently working on a few game scripts, using the Grand List of Cliches as a guide for what not to do. Only one of my ideas still has cliches 'cause I know some of you weirdos like cliches.

Garnie
06-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Garnie a traveling mysterious girl with a secret past very tallented swordsman and i have a pet dove called Eden he he he im so sad and weird?

Mittopotahis
06-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Mercen-X, there are alot of Cliche's in the game, i know. But I am very uncreative. I may change it to what you said, they are actually pretty good ideas. Anyway, there is a twist in my game, your gonna have to play it when it is finished t find out ;). I'm not sure whether I should release a demo or not, can I get some suggestions? I have heard its a bad idea to, because people have high expectations for the game and stuff, and it turns out to be not all that good or something like that. So, should I release a demo?
I'll be adding more people soon (Hopefully today) I haven't done anything on the game since my last post, because, well, I was sleeping. I will do some later today.
Oh, and the character pictures in the battle. They are just RTP.

Craig
06-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Garnie a traveling mysterious girl with a secret past very tallented swordsman and i have a pet dove called Eden he he he im so sad and weird?

May aswell be Ryudo from Grandia II, a travelling Mercenary known as a Geohound, terrible events happened in his past and he has a best friend who is a bird, named Skye.

Mercen-X
06-26-2005, 12:34 AM
I have heard its a bad idea to, because people have high expectations for the game and stuff, and it turns out to be not all that good or something like that. So, should I release a demo?

Oh, and the character pictures in the battle. They are just RTP.
Well, if people have high expectations for the game and are disappointed by the demo, it's more than likely a sign that your game won't be very popular. It's presumable to suggest that if your game isn't going to live up to the expectations of your viewers, then NOT releasing a demo will raise their hopes only moreso and they will be that much more disappointed.
Point: A demo release would be advisable, particularly if this is your first (or one of your first) experience(s) in game-making.

BTW what's RTP.

Reminder: Mercy, unknown counselor, hidden in shadow, possibly evil. More than likely a reluctant pawn.

Raven Nox
06-26-2005, 12:57 AM
I want to be in it! But... I can't think of what to say or what to be. :laugh: Umm... I'll get back to you... or you can suggest something you need.

Mittopotahis
06-26-2005, 07:38 AM
RTP is just the game sprites and graphics that come with RPG Maker XP. Basically my game is made of RTP, but I will be doing some eiditing and some non-TRP Tilesets etc.
I've been out all day (Church, friends house) So I still haven't done anything, starting now.

Rinen
06-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't mind being in the game. Let me be some random guy in a town. Have me rambling about, "The end of the world because I can't remember where I put it" and when you talk to me a couple times, I'll laugh and remember where I put it and then the player realises that it was just my wallet.

Pauten
06-26-2005, 01:39 PM
OOO OOO Can i be somekind of Martial Artist who gets to say "Kame...hame.....urm, hows it go again?" ^_^

KentaRawr!
06-26-2005, 10:46 PM
I would like to be in the game. But refer to me as "Nico", and give me blue hair, blue eyes, and a blue suit...

Some old friends of mine on a game called PSO would love to see that. o_o

Also, if I may make a recommendation, I think that the beginning should be like this...

The Main character is running from some guys in shining armor...

You: "Huff...Huff..."

Them: "When will he just STOP RUNNING?!?

You: "Why are they chasing me?"

You run into the forest, and hide behind a tree.

You: "Why are they chasing me? ... ... ... I have to find a way out..."

Then a nice little Mini-Game ensues. Avoid the Knights line of sight in the Forest, and try to get to the other end.

After the Mini-Game, you go to your Village. You at first want to run away, but then realize that the Knights might attack the Village, and if you don't warn everyone, they might be in danger. Unless these Knights are smarter than most and realize that this would just distract them from their goal. >_>

So, you warn everyone in the Village while the Knights think you are in the Forest. So, everyone leaves with you to a not so far away town to stay for a few days, and then they will return to the village.

So, after a few days, you and everyone else go back to the village.

Everything seems fine...but then, you are captured by the Knights! >_< Smart little guys...

So, you are taken to the Castle they are from. Some weird guy who is OBVIOUSLY the Villain tells you that he has important plans for you, and then sends you to the Dungeon.

Not too original, but I think that it is better than amnesia. o_o

Mittopotahis
06-27-2005, 02:23 AM
No, the amnesia ties in with the plot well. That is why I am using it.
I will fit in everyone in the next town, which I am building now!

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Yay!! A new RPG!! *Claps* This should be inturesting...

SilverWind
06-27-2005, 02:47 AM
I'll be Silver! The musician/composer/ leader of the band!

KuRt
06-27-2005, 10:24 AM
"I´m on the edge! Wow..."

KentaRawr!
06-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Perhaps you could make it so that he got amnesia before the game begins? o.o (Like in Xenogears!)

Well, you can do whatever you wish. It is your game, after all. I'm just here for a cameo. :p

Raven Nox
06-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Well, since I can't think of anything, feel free to make me some weird chick at dresses like a bird and pretends to be one, and when you ask her why, say something like: "AHHH!! You're cursed!" Or something stuipd, or just make me a crazy chick that has nothing to do with bird but just says crazy things, I really don't care. XD

SpiritWolf
06-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I want to be in the game please. I don't really care what role I play

ApocalypticLeon
06-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah, Id like to be on it. Just some guy named Leon who is some sorta swordsman. Hes serious and keeps to himsel... so, yeah.

cloud20747
06-30-2005, 07:58 AM
I want to be in it. can I be the wondering guy you meet in every town who tells you about whats going on in the world around us?

Mittopotahis
06-30-2005, 08:45 AM
Guys, please remeber. You are only cameos in the game. Some people think that they can be a main character, but I have already sorted out all the main characters, and I am not going to put in anymore. So just minor roles, just as a cameo please!

Sorry, recently I have been distracted, I am planning to get back on track tomorrow (Its late now)

KoShiatar
06-30-2005, 06:06 PM
To add a little bit of originality (if you want to), why don't you make Werecanary give informations, instead of in exchange for money, in exchange for items? You know, very silly items the player would never think are worth anything, such as a tissue, a fork, a bag of chips, all sorts of weird and apparently useless things...

MJN SEIFER
06-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Can I be someone who you fight a few times but after the last fight (With me) I'm then playable for what ever reason?
(MJN SEIFER)

KuRt
06-30-2005, 09:17 PM
MJNSeifer in your deepest dreams i believe. Look her last post. No major role

MJN SEIFER
06-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh... I see. Sorry mates didn't mean to sound like a desperate arse hole.

I'd still like to be in the game though.

ApocalypticLeon
06-30-2005, 09:54 PM
For Leon, want you to fight him in some way, I dont care how or when.

Thanks.

Mittopotahis
07-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Sorry guys, but this game is going to start going V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y as you may of noticed already. School is back, and there is more commitment in it than I thought. Also, I have just applied for a job, and my interview is in a few days, so may have a job. And there are all my other *more important* commiments with my friends, church, family, homework (which I guess can go under school) etc. So, really, this RPG is at the bottem of my list, and may accidently fade out of existence. I will try to update it every so often, but I cannot even promise once a week at this moment. Hopefully, I will get the time, but like i said, I can't promise anything.