PDA

View Full Version : Chavs

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
I hate those chavs who play one game, (most likely one of the grand theft auto games*), and then come up to me and say,
"Are you a gamer?"
"Do you have a playstation?"
*There's nothing wrong with the grand theft auto games, it's just that chavs play them.

DK
06-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Chav's in general tend to be rather annoying, though.

Chris
06-23-2005, 08:51 PM
What do you ask of us young Englander? :spin:

Psychotic
06-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Chavs are cuddly.

Doomie
06-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah, Psy is such a freakin' Chav.

Psychotic
06-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, I am very cuddly.

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah, chavs are anoying. And all I ask is for everyone to run around in circles, and see the fire works outside, where all that pie is.

Shauna
06-23-2005, 08:58 PM
What are Chavs?

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:00 PM
They are stupid people who are a very big problem in england, even more so in and around Essex. (That's in england)

Rye
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I was accused of looking like a Chav in a photo once, and I'm not even British. xD

For the record, I'm not a Chav. I just had my hair up and I had earrings on is all.

That Chavscum site is funny. :)

Shin Gouken
06-23-2005, 09:11 PM
chavs are evil people who crawled up from hell to pollute our world. (hmmmm but despit not liking chavs or welsh people, i have a very good friend who is both a chav and welsh :S)

Shauna
06-23-2005, 09:19 PM
That doesnt help me know what a Chav is! :cry:

Shin Gouken
06-23-2005, 09:22 PM
That doesnt help me know what a Chav is! :cry:

hmmm describe a chav.......right. ummm they wear alot of burbary, tracksuits and heavy jewlery. the drive around in /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif cars that theyve tried to do up. the talk "all like innit mate yeah, sorted" and they beat up random people too.

any 2 of the above constitutes being a chev otherwise you are semi-chav

Psychotic
06-23-2005, 09:23 PM
That doesnt help me know what a Chav is! :cry:You're Scottish, so do you know what a ned is? Yeah, that, but with less Scottish and more English.

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:24 PM
I guess I'll explain what they ARE as this:
Chavs are very stereotypical people who go out late at night and beat up loads of people, get drunk, then start some more fights, they want everyone to wear exactly the same clothes as them, (Sports gear and that stupid Burbury stuff) and if people don't wear the same clothes as them they fight them, they only want people to listen to their music, which I think is Garage, drum 'n bass and other horrible musical disasters, so, uhh, they suck.

DK
06-23-2005, 09:24 PM
http://chavscum.co.uk/4images/data/media/10/PhoneBox_Guy_1.jpg

Zeldy
06-23-2005, 09:28 PM
You think you have it bad.
I left my planner open, came back and i had "FREEK" and "NASTY" written over it

Sarkis
A most anoying group of morons. Allmost as bad as Gammer wanabes wich i see alot more of now that gameing has become "trendy" thank you g4 tv. :mad: You know the kind that Goes ZOMG I PLay HAllo OMG lolol Nintendo? WTF is that YOU sux lololOLOol.

:mad:

Alive-Cat
Yep, that's a chav alright! :D

Dreddz
06-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Theres nufin wrong wid chavs, ive got plenty of chavish friends, Its Moshers that are annoying

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:32 PM
But chavs hate everyone! Moshers just mosh.

Jakkko
06-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Theres nowt rong wi chavz, i'm a chav misen, most o mi mates are chavs, we/they were, burberry caps, tracksuits, trousers in socks, say stuff like tidy! we dont go round beatin people up lol, well not much nyway, wear air max/ k-swiss/ shox, trainers, and all sorts lol
We even av are own dictionry its top lol

Zeldy
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Theres nufin wrong wid chavs, ive got plenty of chavish friends, Its Moshers that are annoying
Theres a typical Chav example.
"Theres nofin wrong wid chavs" your just like the people who skit me like hell

Dreddz
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
u lot Hate Chavs for reasons I still dont know, why make dis stupid thread, I could make a thread saying i hate goths/grungers and punks. I fortunatly do that in my posts

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:36 PM
A lot of people say they're chavs, but it's just because they wear the clothes that are popular, and that's fine. But REAL chavs are totally for living wild and beating people up.

Zeldy
06-23-2005, 09:38 PM
u lot Hate Chavs for reasons I still dont know, why make dis stupid thread, I could make a thread saying i hate goths/grungers and punks. I fortunatly do that in my posts
Im just gonna say this and then scarper as this is going to turn into a Mosher V Chav fight.
Its because of Chavs that our own clothes day has been canceled.
The girls would come in... with horrible clothes, you know what i mean.
Short skirts, a top that..isnt a top?
Also theres this fight, the Geggar Vs Chav fights that go on everyday.
Who would you rather be:
A goth/Geggar/Mosher who stands quietly in the corner doing no harm whats-so-ever
or the Chav - Probably Boozing, fighting, having sex, harrasing neighbours and being a pain in the ass?

Now ive noticed that in my school, the goths/geggars/punks etc, do there own thing, and dont bother anybody.
Yet, me and my friend get mithered to death in lessons from Chavs.
Ive got "GOTH" written over my books, we've been called "sweaty geggars" you name it, we've been called it
*scarpers*

Destai
06-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Arent all english people chavs? Thats the impression Ive gotten anyway.

tomamar04
06-23-2005, 09:40 PM
A lot of people say they're chavs, but it's just because they wear the clothes that are popular, and that's fine. But REAL chavs are totally for living wild and beating people up.

Finally, someone who agrees with me. People are labled chav's for wearing tracksuits and listening to rap, but as you say, real chav's get drunk, skive off the government and then beat OAP's up.

XxSephirothxX
06-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Only chavs use derogatory labels to put other people down.

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, the main problem with chavs is the lack of respect. They just don't respect people. Our own clothes day got cancelled because chavs where threatening to kill anyone who walked in with grunger/mosher/punk clothes.

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Arent all english people chavs? Thats the impression Ive gotten anyway.
We are no way all chavs!!! That's a horrible thing to say....

Destai
06-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah, the main problem with chavs is the lack of respect. They just don't respect people. Our own clothes day got cancelled because chavs where threatening to kill anyone who walked in with grunger/mosher/punk clothes.what? I thought they were yobs?

Dreddz
06-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Im just gonna say this and then scarper as this is going to turn into a Mosher V Chav fight.
Who would you rather be:
A goth/Geggar/Mosher who stands quietly in the corner doing no harm whats-so-ever
or the Chav - Probably Boozing, fighting, having sex, harrasing neighbours and being a pain in the ass?

*scarpers*

I think its kinda pointless me saying all this stuff as most of you will disagree, I disagree with Zelda myself, there are some horrible looking people which fit that discription, but they dont all fall into the class of Chavs
Anyway moshers,
they come in with dreddlocks which are greasy and smelly, they are usally wearing black eye liner and black nails which looks crap.
They go around talking about depressing stuff like themselves.
They think there cool and there right and we "Chavs" are wrong
They are chickenwusses
They deserve crap..

*scarpers*

tomamar04
06-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Chav's are mostly concentrated in the South Midlands. Anywhere North of London and South of Liverpool is chav central.

Destai
06-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I stil cant tell the difference between chavs, yobs and english people

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't know about that...greasy dreadlocks? Most of us just have big spikes on our heads, or nice, clean long hair. As I said, we don't have problems with normal people, but we do have problems with the real chavs who kill people every night.

Destai
06-23-2005, 09:49 PM
but we do have problems with the real chavs who kill people every night. xD Somehow I dont think so.

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:50 PM
English people are populated by lots of different kinds of people like:
Grungers
Chavs
Punks
Hip hoppers-Like chavs but nicer
And everything else up to hippies.

Zeldy
Who would you rather be:

*scarpers*

I think its kinda pointless me saying all this stuff as most of you will disagree, I disagree with Zelda myself, there are some horrible looking people which fit that discription, but they dont all fall into the class of Chavs
Anyway moshers,
they come in with dreddlocks which are greasy and smelly, they are usally wearing black eye liner and black nails which looks crap.
They are chickenwusses
They deserve crap..

*scarpers*

Dont copy my Scarpering =O
Who are you to say what we wear? Not once did i mention anything bad against your clothes.
What i said about the skirts IS true.]
This really annoys me, who are you to say what we wear!?
None of you like the eyeliner do you? yes, they all comment on our eyeliner, and my bracelets, and my badgers, and pencil cases and hair..

Dreddz
*oh boy I love these threads*

smittenkitten
06-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Well ok some neds/chavs can be annoying with their Bucky and their voice but i like everyone really and yes im sure your cuddly psy :skull3:hehe and i have some ned friends so i don't care what anyone say's :D ..x...

Dreddz
06-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Who would you rather be:

*scarpers*

Anyway moshers,
They are chickenwusses
They deserve crap..

*scarpers*

Who are you to say what we wear? Not once did i mention anything bad against your clothes.
None of you like the eyeliner do you? yes, they all comment on our eyeliner, and my bracelets, and my badgers, and pencil cases and hair..

Well, what im saying is true

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Personnaly I think any group of poeple that hates another group of poeple based On the way they look is stupid, ignorent and infintile. And that goes for Chavs, moshers, racits and any other bigit who thinks that somebody else is less then they are. Running around beating poeple up becouse you dont like the way there dressed is wrong. This goes foreverybody and anybody im not singaling out anyone here. The human race realy needs to stop giveing it's self crap. Come on nobody "desivers" anything simply becouse they anoy you.

Destai
06-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Who would you rather be:

*scarpers*

Anyway moshers,
They are chickenwusses
They deserve crap..

*scarpers*

Sorry but I dont see why you critiscizing them for what they wear is different to them criticising you for what you wear. You dont like there clothes, they dont like yours. How are they in thewrong as opposed to you? Its about more than what "just" you think.

Shauna
06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
That doesnt help me know what a Chav is! :cry:You're Scottish, so do you know what a ned is? Yeah, that, but with less Scottish and more English.

Perfect description! Thank you Psy.

NEDs! hahahaha! Most people in my school are NEDs! :D

But not me! I am not a Non-Educated Delinquent! :love:

Zeldy
06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Personnaly I think any group of poeple that hates another group of poeple based On the way they look is stupid, ignorent and infintile. And that goes for Chavs, moshers, racits and any other bigit who thinks that somebody else is less then they are. Running around beating poeple up becouse you dont like the way there dressed is wrong. This goes foreverybody and anybody im not singaling out anyone here. The human race realy needs to stop giveing it's self crap. Come on nobody "desivers" anything simply becouse they anoy you.
I dont hate chavs, most of my friends are chav'ish.
I cant help the way i am you know?
I never asked to like different music then "most" people.
Why does that make me wierd?

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:55 PM
but we do have problems with the real chavs who kill people every night. xD Somehow I dont think so.
Yeah...I guess saying that was a little over reaction, but I promise you 7 out of 10 chavs will have sent at least 4 people to the hospital before the age of 28.

Shoden
06-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Chavs gah they are vermin

up here we call em Charvas and they are more thuggish; wheelie bin fires letterbox fires brick throwing, graffiti, swearing in streets, spitting at people, calling strangers bad names, killing animals and they are thick as a fart

www.chavscum.com

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:58 PM
But what I'm saying is that chavs are violent, and if you're not violent for no reason, then you're not a chav.

Alive-Cat
06-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Chavs gah they are vermin

up here we call em Charvas and they are more thuggish; wheelie bin fires letterbox fires brick throwing, graffiti, swearing in streets, spitting at people, calling strangers bad names, killing animals and they are thick as a fart

www.chavscum.com

You rock!! That is so true!!!

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 09:59 PM

You missunderstand im not singaling you out. The way you dress and the Music you like even the friends you keep are no concern of mine. I was mearly Stateing that Poeple need to spot Flinging hate around So no i wasent refering to you. ^^ Chavs VS. Moshers Is pointless is what i was trying to say. It's the whole I hate you becouse your not like me thing that Im talking about so im sorry for the missunderstanding.

Rye
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Personally, I think the social clique thing is sad. I'd go into it more, but I don't want to right now.

Dreddz
06-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Chavs<Moshers
My Opinion
And everyones opinion should not be judged, if you say that people should just get along, say that, but dont go and say that people are stupid for disliking another group
Thats my opinion

Craig
06-23-2005, 10:18 PM
I got hit in the face by one a couple of months back for wearing Converse. He referred to them as "Paddy Daps". But I still love the little blighters, if they weren't around there'd be no one to laugh at.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 10:20 PM
I got hit in the face by one a couple of months back for wearing Converse. He referred to them as "Paddy Daps". But I still love the little blighters, if they weren't around there'd be no one to laugh at.

See now that right there is just retarted. Nobody should hit you becouse your wearing some artical of clothing. :mad:

RedFoxIHavdaGunIlCU@0800
06-23-2005, 10:22 PM
i hate most chavs because they treat other people like crap and i just hate it

Ravenmorghane
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
OMG no not all english people are chavs!! theyr a growing species of english people but not all of us are like the yobs we see in burberry
and i know i might be contradicting myself just a littl e but its really hard to steryotype groups like some people have been doing on this thread.
For example, i am a rocker who wears black sometimes, sometimes bright hippyish clothes and sometimes i wear fashionable summer clothes. I cannot be sterotyped, and many of my closest friends are the same.

come to the countryside where the chav situation is slightly more controlled and thers plenty of room for big rock festivals muahahaha

Craig
06-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Most people can be stereotyped until they reach a certain age and do whatever comes natural to them in my opinion.

Ste
06-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Okay, my view.

Nobody should have a problem with what another person wears, listens to, looks like etc, its these things that make us different and unique. it may be a cliche, but if everyone was the same, the world would be a very boring and pointless place.

Its when people act in an anti-social way that then becomes a problem and gives needless sterotypes. what some people have been calling "real chavs" i think are what used to be widespreadly known as yobs. An example, i ahve a mate who is a firefighter, just about everyday he gets bricks launched at his fire truck by these "chavs"when he is just trying to go and help people, yet a few hours later, he could be saving them from a house fire, after they attempted to kill him. its things like this that give certain social groups bad names, chavs in particular. mindless and pointless anti social acts. One reason why id take the stereotypical goth over the stereotypical chav any day.

we dont have that badder chav problem in liverpool, its not great, but its not terrible. i feel perfectly safe walking around the most chavish part of town in my radiohead t-shirt, and the mosher part of town with some of my friends who dress like chavs - dotn act in that stereotypical way though.

I guess i feel this way as whenever i go outside of liverpool, i do get treated in a way don't liek some of the time. the old "watch your wallets, theres a scouser about" thing don't get to me, but its the more sinister ones that happen less often that arent particuarly nice.

anyhoo, i dont have a problem with chavs, moshers, whatever, i have a problem with people who go around looking to do other people harm/annoyance etc deliberatly.

Resha
06-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Edit: Oh, ok. *sees above post* I don't like 'em much either; but then again, we don't have that many here or at my school, even. But there are some. I avoid them. ^_^

Alive-Cat
06-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is this:
People who wear burbery and other fasionable clothes are NOT chavs. But people who are violent are chavs. But this is all getting way too confusing. Labels are stupid, but chavs are the ones that insist on labeling people.

Zeldy
06-24-2005, 06:01 PM

You missunderstand im not singaling you out. The way you dress and the Music you like even the friends you keep are no concern of mine. I was mearly Stateing that Poeple need to spot Flinging hate around So no i wasent refering to you. ^^ Chavs VS. Moshers Is pointless is what i was trying to say. It's the whole I hate you becouse your not like me thing that Im talking about so im sorry for the missunderstanding.

i wasn't actually saying that because of what you said =P

Cless
06-24-2005, 08:37 PM
If a chav is another word for a violent teenage yob, then I don't like them. If a chav is someone who dresses in a certain way and listens to a certain style of music, then I see no problem with them.

All people who dress and listen "chav", aren't necessarily thugs, and all people who are thugs aren't necessarily chavs. I suggest you judge people based solely on their actions, rather than clumping them all together in one big group and judging the individual based on what the group that you've placed them in is commonly associated with.

Alive-Cat
06-24-2005, 09:07 PM
You're right. I'm Sorry... :mog:

BabyVixen
06-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Chavs are mostly white, untrendy, skanky sluts (including the men) who usually have kids from willingly fucking their boo when they're 14. And they also ruin good urban songs for some people by shouting or chanting it down the street and thinking that they're black and if they are seen with a black Londona then they're cool and tough. And most are also intorelrant (can't spell) of anyone who likes rock music

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Chavs are mostly white
Not true

Blackmageboi
06-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Chavs are generally unpleasant people with the exeption of a few who are quite nice to be around they are also known as scallys and kevs tohugh kevs are just a watered down version who tend not to go out looking for trouble. most but not all chavs enjoy: beating people up,robbing,taking the piss out of people and generally getting in the way they also tend to steryotype everyone else.
they seem to beleive that they are the superior group of people and are very arrogant and stuck up. in my area most of the real chavs are white though the worst ones are black(not being racist just an observasion) and wear brands like : nike, addidas, burbery and other sport makes.
but some skaters moshers and grungers can be unpleasant they are those who have lost their way they generalise chavs (these are the ones in SMFs area) and will also think they are better than anyone wh ocannot skate.
i do tend to dislike chavs and i do have a good reason to but i also think that everyone else should not steryotype them as all bad people.

BabyVixen
06-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Well in Essex they are anyways

Blackmageboi
06-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is this:
People who wear burbery and other fasionable clothes are NOT chavs. But people who are violent are chavs. But this is all getting way too confusing. Labels are stupid, but chavs are the ones that insist on labeling people.
Here kevs are the ones who wear all the makes and stuff and chavs are the violent ones.

i suppose if i was to be labeled i would be a hippie

Maxico
06-26-2005, 09:40 PM
LOL!, Lower class people are stupid and deserve to be labeled a derogatory term by the middle class population!!!!!111

Madame Adequate
06-26-2005, 10:01 PM

That's because there's not a lot of difference for the most part. The international face of England is either Tony Blair, or soccer hooligans (Who tend to be a cross between a chav and a yob.).

There are some other groups, but I don't know many who aren't still morons.

LOL!, Lower class people are stupid and deserve to be labeled a derogatory term by the middle class population!!!!!111

Actually, they get the derogatory labels not because they are stupid, but because they revel in their stupidity, because they prize it, and because they put down people who are smart or who work hard.

DMKA
06-27-2005, 01:00 AM
I think people who use the word "Chav" are far more pathetically amusing than the "Chavs" themselves personally...

But then, I'm not British and I still don't fully understand what a "Chav" is. Oh well! I'm just sick of hearing it and it seems like more senseless whining from people uninvolved in what they're whining about.

But it makes the internets great. :D

Rye
06-27-2005, 01:00 AM
I think people who use the word "Chav" are far more pathetically amusing than the "Chavs" themselves personally...

But then, I'm not British and I still don't fully understand what a "Chav" is. Oh well! I'm just sick of hearing it and it seems like more senseless whining from people uninvolved in what they're whining about.

But it makes the internets great. :D

lol, internet, you so crazy. :)

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 09:20 AM
http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

look at the videos on it of Devvo, this is what people think a chav is

Devourment
06-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Chavs do not need an apostrophe.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as chavs, 'cause it's just all of a sudden what the TV & papers have been calling those kind of 'people' . All of a sudden everyone starts using the word 'cause of the media, when no one used to use it before. [I remember hearing the use of the word 'chav' in the Daily Mail once, not that I buy the Daily Mail though.] If you were to define a chav it'd be someone with an attitude like Gibbi8. It shows [I]so much it's unreal. Someone who also doesn't care for other people, likes to cause mindless mayhem by slapping people & getting drunk al the time. I could go on more, but I don't want to bore you. & all English people are not chavs. That's like me saying all of America is fat, which is untrue. But I'm not saying the percentage figures for each are the same.

Craig
06-27-2005, 01:20 PM
http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

look at the videos on it of Devvo, this is what people think a chav is

That's what people know a Chav is.

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 04:15 PM
If you were to define a chav it'd be someone with an attitude like Gibbi8. It shows so much it's unreal. Someone who also doesn't care for other people, likes to cause mindless mayhem by slapping people & getting drunk al the time. I could go on more, but I don't want to bore you. & all English people are not chavs. That's like me saying all of America is fat, which is untrue. But I'm not saying the percentage figures for each are the same.
You really define me as a Chav ???

Devourment
06-27-2005, 04:17 PM
If you were to define a chav it'd be someone with an attitude like Gibbi8. It shows so much it's unreal. Someone who also doesn't care for other people, likes to cause mindless mayhem by slapping people & getting drunk al the time. I could go on more, but I don't want to bore you. & all English people are not chavs. That's like me saying all of America is fat, which is untrue. But I'm not saying the percentage figures for each are the same.
You really define me as a Chav ???Just your rubbish attitude towards everything.

'Oh, that looks crap'

Although people will just think that I dont like them cause there rock is wrong, I dont like them as all 80's music is dead and gone and should be forgotten

All you come out with is crap.

Hmm, I should tone down.

Zeldy
06-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Gibbi i wouldn't say you was a 'chav' But my god, your more of a chav than Ill ever be O_O

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 06:13 PM
You really define me as a Chav ???Just your rubbish attitude towards everything.

'Oh, that looks crap'

Although people will just think that I dont like them cause there rock is wrong, I dont like them as all 80's music is dead and gone and should be forgotten

All you come out with is crap.

Hmm, I should tone down.
I dont say everything is "crap", I just disagree alot

Gibbi i wouldn't say you was a 'chav' But my god, your more of a chav than Ill ever be O_O
People will class me closer to a chav due to the clothes I wear, im not one and never will be

Craig
06-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Stop defending them then.

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Well stop judging them then

Craig
06-27-2005, 06:40 PM
I'll stop judging them when they stop being Morons.

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 06:53 PM
they never were

Craig
06-27-2005, 07:02 PM
So, beating people up because of the clothes they were isn't moronic?

Stealing cars, joyriding them and then setting fire to them isn't moronic?

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Chavs arent the only people that are disruptive

Craig
06-27-2005, 07:08 PM
No, but they make up the majority of the disruption, and anybody else that does disrupt probably isn't far from being one anyway.

Zeldy
06-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Gibbi your signature dosn't help. Thats exacty what Chavs do!

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Your just discriminating Chavs now, I felt offended when Tiswas called me a Chav, just cause of what people wear does not mean there even close to being a chav, I dont hate them, but I dont like them, but I mingle with a few

Gibbi your signature dosn't help. Thats exacty what Chavs do!
The people in my Sig can be anyone

Craig
06-27-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm not saying Chavs are bad because of their taste. Okay so maybe I don't agree with their taste in music, clothes and teenage pregnancy, but what really gets me is their attitudes. I'll give you some examples.

Couple of years back, when I was still at school, a few friends of mine were heavily into the "Goth/Jitter/Grunger/whatever it's called scene" so anyway, they are walking through a particular area, they get spotted by a group of Chavs and beaten up because of their clothing.

Where I live, and lots of other places, there are alot of cars stolen, these cars are then joyrided around the local area, until they are dumped, burnt and left.

Couple of months ago, I was stopped by a guy, he punched me in the face twice because I was wearing Converse.

There's a road a little while away from me called "Crow Lane" it's got a few shops in it, and on the night time that is where alot of them like to hang around, a "Headquarters" of sorts, so anyway, majority of people who walk through that place on the night time, will get chased by a Mob of them. It's happened to 2 of my friends. Luckily they both got away.

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 07:31 PM
then the people round your area are jerks, I never get any hassle from them

smittenkitten
06-27-2005, 08:11 PM
hehe nice one gibbi they seem to like me for some weird reason and call me doll??? well as i said before i have nothing against them i have some friends that are neds/chavs and they're really funeee hehe and il always treat them as my friends :skull8:..x...

Blackmageboi
06-27-2005, 09:28 PM
then the people round your area are jerks
yes because they are chavs

I never get any hassle from them
the reason being:

People will class me closer to a chav due to the clothes I wear
thus they would not want to beat up their own kind.

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Ok, can you lot just SHUT UP !!!!!!!
Not all Chavs are idiots, maybe you just know a few, or you pissed them off, I know lotz and they dnt touch me. I am friends with some and I am sticking up for them.
Ok, Big Bros On...

NeoTifa
06-27-2005, 10:32 PM
ummm... brittish people scare me, but i like harry potter ^_^ >.>

Craig
06-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Actually, I beg to differ, all Chavs are Morons.

I say this because the nice ones, who just listen to the music and dress in the clothes aren't Chavs in my eyes.

The Chavs are the ones that beat people up because of their dress sense, and steal cars, and act like they own people.

Therefore the people you're defending are more than likely not Chavs.

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 11:07 PM
so, if your mean, a bully and disruptive your a chav ...?
Just stop now

Craig
06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
No, if you're a combination of the dress sense and the attitude, then your a Chav.

NeoTifa
06-27-2005, 11:34 PM
stop bickering, please. who cares. this is just like the arguments people would get into about goths in other sites.

smittenkitten
06-28-2005, 06:44 AM
I know its like Chavs talking about Goths and its not very nice i got and yes a get abuse shouted at me from chavs because i wear black but in the end they are people but just into different things so i think you should all just stop arguing about it because it's pointless and all you have to to is put up with them if they act like hooligans but i have friends who are some and they are fine but i would call most of them trendies hehe and they're fine to me :D..x...

Alive-Cat
06-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Actually, I beg to differ, all Chavs are Morons.

I say this because the nice ones, who just listen to the music and dress in the clothes aren't Chavs in my eyes.

The Chavs are the ones that beat people up because of their dress sense, and steal cars, and act like they own people.

Therefore the people you're defending are more than likely not Chavs.
Thankyou!! That's everything that I've been saying. And when I posted this thread, the chavs you're talking about are the chavs I meant.

Craig
06-28-2005, 05:39 PM
I know its like Chavs talking about Goths and its not very nice i got and yes a get abuse shouted at me from chavs because i wear black but in the end they are people but just into different things so i think you should all just stop arguing about it because it's pointless and all you have to to is put up with them if they act like hooligans but i have friends who are some and they are fine but i would call most of them trendies hehe and they're fine to me :D..x...

This is the last post I'm going to make in this thread.

They aren't just people into different things though. The ones you described as "Trendies" are the ones who are just into different things.

The Chavs are the ones who are into the same thing as "Trendies" but they also beat people up and shout abuse at them for wearing different clothes than they do and listening to music they don't like.

They are also the ones who steal cars and joyride then burn the cars.

They are also the ones that act as if they own the area that they live in, and the people that live there too.

So that's my point of view. Don't say "They aren't all like that" because they are, that's what a Chav is. And if someone isn't like that, they aren't a Chav.

If you take that the wrong way and think I'm saying everyone who dresses like a Chav is one, that's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that anyone who dresses like a Chav, but doesn't participate in the stuff that they do, isn't a Chav.

Meat Puppet
06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
The Chav documentary on fat-pie.com was funny for a while, but I left it too long and they joy inside me of watching him has now curled up and turned into a dead ingrown fetus.

Psychotic
06-28-2005, 05:46 PM
LOL!, Lower class people are stupid and deserve to be labeled a derogatory term by the middle class population!!!!!111Actually, there are just as much chavs on my middle class estate (One of the top 10 richest estates in the county! ...well, 12th out of 110 but go figure :p) as you would expect to find on any working class estate, and personally I'm more worried about middle class chavs than working class chavs. Middle class ones are much more likely to use violence, as they feel like they have something to prove, whereas the working class chavs know they're hard, and while they do use violence, I think they're less likely to than the middle class ones.

Anyone who shouts abuse at someone else and trying to assault them for the way they dress is moronic. I don't care who does it. If it's a chav that does it, they're a moron. If it's a goth that does it, they're a moron. Heck, if it's a little old lady that does it, she's a moron.

Dreddz
06-28-2005, 05:49 PM
meh, you lot are being idiots

*Last post*

Psychotic
06-28-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm an idiot because I think hitting people in the face because they wear black is moronic? If it wasn't your last post, I'd ask for an explanation behind this brilliant logic, but I'll just say this: So many people hate chavs. Don't you think there's a reason behind that?

Zeldy
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm an idiot because I think hitting people in the face because they wear black is moronic?

Now he speaks the truth

T-MaN
06-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I was accused of looking like a Chav in a photo once, and I'm not even British. xD

The same thing kind of happened to me. My uncle from England visited our family during one of those "Family Get-Together Parties", and when he was looking at one of my photos from University, he said I looked like a Chav ( he was joking around with me and didn't actually mean that). I went, " Wtf is a Chav? I've never heard of that term before." After reading this thread, I finally understood (kind of understood) what a "Chav" is.

Blackmageboi
06-28-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm an idiot because I think hitting people in the face because they wear black is moronic? If it wasn't your last post, I'd ask for an explanation behind this brilliant logic, but I'll just say this: So many people hate chavs. Don't you think there's a reason behind that?
wow psy makes sense i don't think i need to add anything here

smittenkitten
06-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok a ned - None Educational Dilincquent im sorry for all the spelling but i could'nt find my dictionary oooo you know the guy that made that word used to go to my school years and years ago ned also mean hooligan but im sure psy is tame :skull8: oooo and cuddly..x...

Blackmageboi
06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
psy tame?

Del Murder
06-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Today is the first time I've ever heard the term 'chav'. What is it and why does everyone but me know what one is?

Blackmageboi
06-29-2005, 11:05 AM
http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/
click on the flash and animations button at the side and watch the chav ones that will give you a decent idea of what they are like!