PDA

View Full Version : Strategies and Tactics

Skyblade
06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
The recent "favorite race" thread has given me an excuse to post this amazing strategy again. Some people seem to think that I am racist: supporting Viera because I like them the most, or I think that they are the best. Well, I believe I have disproved the "like them the most" bit. Now I am going to once again demonstrate why they are not the best.

First up: The classic strategy that makes Nu Mou the most powerful class in the game (stat-wise): The Monster Bank. The strategy is simple. Feed your animals as much as possible. Cure-Alls are the cheapest source of food that works on the most of them (don't give it to Malboros). Once they get to the point where they have a heart above them and they say "I love you <insert name here>! No, really, I love you!", their stats will begin to raise. Keep feeding them until their stats reach 999 in everything except speed, which maxes at 100. Teach a Nu Mou morpher the morph ability for a maxed monster, and ta da! That morpher is now capable of gaining the maxed monster's stats, turning him into a one character killing machine. To take this further, equip the morpher with a Black Robe, and Geomancy. Morph him into a maxed Flan. The Morpher can now take out almost anyone with a single shot from the Flan's magic.

Second, the (for all practical purposes) unbeatable strategy that cemented my position as the patron gamer of FFTA: The Endless Lv? S-Flare strategy! This strategy is not as simple as the last one, but it proves that Humans are the games best healers once your entire team is at level 50 (the exp they gain before that point will ruin it's effectiveness as a healing spell before it's full potential is reached). Get a team to level 50. Ensure there are two Blue Mages on the team, both of whom know Absorb MP and Lv? S-Flare. Half MP or Turbo MP can be used as well, depending on your personal preferences, but make sure both Blue Mages are equipped with the same one. Next, equip everyone on your team with a Bone Plate (almost all classes can equip this cloth-type armor, and it absorbs Dark damage), and equip every magic using class with Absorb MP. Now, when the battle begins, have your Blue Mages do nothing except cast Lv? S-Flare, and sit back and watch as your entire team is healed for several hundred points of damage twice each round, along with a healing of 30 (or 60/15 if you are using Turbo/Half MP) MP. You are now basically invincible, and almost any non zombie enemies with 0 as the last digit in their level will be blasted into infinity rather quickly.

Feel free to post your own strategies and tactics as you wish. I'll be in to post some more simple ones later.

tailz
06-24-2005, 08:50 AM
he just had to post it again :p btw speed maxes at 100

Mittopotahis
06-24-2005, 10:44 AM
he just had to post it again :p btw speed maxes at 100

Yes, he did. And I thought we came to the conclusion it was 200?

I believe the best class out of the whole game would be a Ninja, mainly because of their Double Sword ability. As soon as you get the weapon which teaches Double Sword, equip it. Then, equip another sword. That way you are halving your learning time, and you attack twice! Also, learn either Strikeback or Bonecrusher as a Fighter. That way, when you are attacked, A) you have no damage down, and you attack back twice or B) You attack back twice, twice as hard. It basically makes the Ninja an instopable killing machine!

Skyblade
06-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Frell! I did it again! You're right, speed for the monster bank is 100 max. Sorry.

Double Sword is awesome, no doubt about it, but it is not as powerful as many claim it to be. A Human with Hunt A-Abilities can do just as much damage to monsters as Double Sword with Sidewinder, and Ultima Shot lets them do even more. Most importantly, not using Double Sword leaves you free to equip a different support ability. In my opinion, the most powerful support ability is Concentrate.

Mittopotahis
06-24-2005, 02:03 PM
oh yeah, 100...I get confused with 2 or more numbers...

The thing with Sidewinder is that it is only powerful against monsters. Any other unit, it does normal damage. So that limits its versatility a bit. And yes, Ultima Shot is a very powerful move, but...ok no buts....

And concentrate I wouldn't say is a powerful ability. I would say it is useful, because it does no damage, it just greatly increases accuracy for ranged classes. So it has no 'power' as such to be 'powerful'.

Also, what do you prefer? Doublehand, or Monkey Grip? I don't use shields much, so I have no need for an extra space, and I like my units giving out massive damage, so I am going to go with Doublehand.

Btw, Great thread Sky!

Skyblade
06-24-2005, 04:04 PM
oh yeah, 100...I get confused with 2 or more numbers...

The thing with Sidewinder is that it is only powerful against monsters. Any other unit, it does normal damage. So that limits its versatility a bit. And yes, Ultima Shot is a very powerful move, but...ok no buts....

And concentrate I wouldn't say is a powerful ability. I would say it is useful, because it does no damage, it just greatly increases accuracy for ranged classes. So it has no 'power' as such to be 'powerful'.

Also, what do you prefer? Doublehand, or Monkey Grip? I don't use shields much, so I have no need for an extra space, and I like my units giving out massive damage, so I am going to go with Doublehand.

Btw, Great thread Sky!

Ultima Shot does have one "but", the same one that all Ultima abilities have: an MP cost of 60.

Concentrate isn't technically powerful. Then again, neither is Last Breath. Nevertheless, combined the two turn into a fire and forget weapon that can take out almost anyone. Concentrate affects more than just ranged attacks. It affects all attacks. That's where it's power lies. No support abilities do damage. They just augment the other abilities a character has. Double Sword on its own is useless. It's only when you equip two swords that it does anything. Any ability used incorrectly is useless. I put this thread here so that we could discuss how to use abilities to their full potential.

Monkey Grip is useful if you wish to equip a Greatsword/Broadsword and a shield at once. Period. Other than that, it is useless. Since I find both Greatswords and Broadswords useless (The Master Sword and the Estreledge, the most powerful of those two weapon types at 59 and 77 Atk, respectively, are pocketknives compared to the Knightswords, which are one handed [the Excalibur 2: 87, the Nagrarok: 75, and the Sequence: 999 {potentially}]. Hell, the Chirijiraden [65] is more powerful than the Master Sword), I don't bother with it. I do use Doublehand, however, because I often give up a shield, and wear a Bangaa Helm, Genji Armlets, Adamantine Armor, and Ninja Tabi, but that falls into the realm of personal preference (not to mention your ability to obtain the rare items in large quantities).

Garland
07-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Load your team with Gadgeteers, and equip your party with the accessory that nulls sleep and doom. Then use the Gadgeteers doom spell till it chooses the right side (most likely the first or second try), and follow it with the sleep spell till it chooses the right side. Now wait three turns and voila - you've won. I have a five moogle and marche team specifically for this. Multiple Gadgeteers + proper team equipment is always a dangerous combo.

Skyblade
07-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Until you face enemies immune to those status effects, in which case you're totally frelled. :D There are lots of enemies who are immune to doom, especially as you get further into the game.

Good advice, but I'd suggest using a team of Viera who know Nightmare and Concentrate if you really enjoy letting people die in their sleep without you even touching them. It's much less hit or miss.